You are not logged in.


Unread posts

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 82.

Tuesday, October 22nd 2013, 9:39pm

Author: kiwimaya

Bristol Centre for Reproductive Medicine

Thanks Steff. Yes we're fine. Its would have been an amazing thing to have worked but we have the 2 boys and didn't want to destroy the little frostie with out getting it chance. You have to pysch yourself up for either eventuality so though i was prepared for it not to work you also have to let yourself think about how it could be if it did. So letting go of that feeling and for me, (from a v fortunate position), knowing that there will be no more babies is a sad process. I wish you all the bes...

Saturday, October 19th 2013, 8:36pm

Author: kiwimaya

Bristol Centre for Reproductive Medicine

Oh, no. Thats terrible news. I am so sorry. Hope you're taking it easy and being good to yourself. xxx I'm pretty sure that we're out of the game as well. bfn this morning after 10 days after 4 day old embie transfer. Not even a whiff of a line despite how long I stare at it and what angle I look at it under. Very sad, though we have already been truly blessed. I wish you all the best with what you go on to decide to do xxxx

Thursday, October 17th 2013, 9:11pm

Author: kiwimaya

Bristol Centre for Reproductive Medicine

I hope the thaw went well and you transferred today. I've tested only slightly early yesterday and today but negative so will try again tomorrow. You never know! Hope you're taking it easy Jen

Monday, October 14th 2013, 10:05pm

Author: kiwimaya

Bristol Centre for Reproductive Medicine

yes - so relieved it survived the thaw. We only had one so were actually expecting it not too. Think for us it was the best way to proceed. Having it survive was such a shock. Trying to rest but being very fortunate to have 2 little boys doesn't make this easy. Already have a stash of pregnancy tests left over from having bought ovulation packs of ebay. Currently fighting the urge to test early and obessing with fet and testing questions on google! Hope you're feeling more settled. When do you e...

Thursday, October 10th 2013, 9:34pm

Author: kiwimaya

Bristol Centre for Reproductive Medicine

Yep, nearly 2 days post transfer now. Let the paranoia begin! Can't believe our wee frostie survived the thaw. I was wondering about whether they are changing the protocols. I think they're planning on changing the thaw protocol soon as well as I was given conflicting advice between the sunday and the monday. When I had my consultation in April the Dr asked if I wanted a scan then to see if all was ok as there wouldn't be one otherwise. I decided not to and was pleasantly surprised to get one of...

Wednesday, October 9th 2013, 9:27pm

Author: kiwimaya

Bristol Centre for Reproductive Medicine

Hi Steff I'm in midst of natural FET transfer. Had one frozen embryo which miracously survived the thaw and was transferred today. With my last failed FET back in 2010 (again one embie but that didn't survive the thaw) I was not offered a lining scan on day of ovulation. It was not mentioned in the written protocol and I was none the wiser. However the protocol I got this time round did mention it and on day I got LH surge rang and got booked in. This time round its been more straightforward as ...

Sunday, October 6th 2013, 10:07am

Author: kiwimaya

Bristol Centre for Reproductive Medicine

Sorted - did google search and rang clinic answerphone. Panic over have number and off for scan xx

Sunday, October 6th 2013, 12:25am

Author: kiwimaya

help.does anyone have the out of hours nurse number for bcrm?

hi. Hoping to have a natural fet at BCRM this week. I expect to have my lh surge in the morning (sunday) but have lost the nurse out of hours mobile number. Does anyone have it? Can you send it to me. Had it on our protocol but I posted this back to clinic with consent forms by mistake! Need to ring in morning and arrange a scan thanks jen xx

Sunday, October 6th 2013, 12:06am

Author: kiwimaya

help. have lost nurse out of hours mobile and expect to have lh surge sunday a.m.

Hi. We're on a natural FET cycle for our 1 frostie and I expect lh surge in morning (sunday). I've been frantically searching for protocol sheet with the out of hours nurse contact which I need to let them know surge detected and go in for a lining scan tomorrow. Can't find it and think have stupidly posted it back with consent forms on thursday! Has anyone else got the number? Please help jen xx

Sunday, July 17th 2011, 7:04pm

Author: kiwimaya

Morphology advice - bit stressed by telephone from clinic

Cheers for the thoughtful response Paul. You've hit the nail on the head about springing this decision on us. Its interesting to read what you say re percentages, abstinence and morphology. If we have another cycle then I will be bearing this all in mind however this time round we don't feel we've had long enough to get our heads around the issue so have plumped for ICSI. When this cycle is over we will be tactfully raising the positive and negative experiences from this cycle. We don't want to ...

Friday, July 15th 2011, 1:41pm

Author: kiwimaya

Morphology advice - bit stressed by telephone from clinic

Thanks lollygirl. We've had our appointment today and another SA and been advised by consultant to go for ICSI. Fortunately can just about afford the extra. I think we've decided to take the path of least resistance and go with what they suggest. I think if we didn't and it didn't work we'd always wonder if that was why. Trying to get back to going with the flow now.

Thursday, July 14th 2011, 8:03pm

Author: kiwimaya

Morphology advice - bit stressed by telephone from clinic

Hi I'm 5 days into stims on a long protocol for IVF. Going for a scan tomorrow to see if follies have grown. EC and ET planned for next week if all well. Yesterday afternoon my DP got a phone call from the clinic to say that he needs to do a repeat sperm analysis as the last one we did was in January and that they need to check something as may need ISCI this cycle. This has not been discussed with us before, despite consultation on 16/6 and another appointment and our cancelled cycle in March/A...

Wednesday, April 20th 2011, 10:10pm

Author: kiwimaya

Cot Bumpers?!?!?!

Hi the bumpers with the tie on things used to really annoy me as they move around to much so we got the airflow ones that velcro on to the cot sides and don't move. Used them all the way through from 5 weeks to about 19 months. xx

Monday, April 4th 2011, 9:00pm

Author: kiwimaya

Refusing bottles

Hi My DS refused any form of bottles up until just about 6 months. You name them we tried them. A week before he was 6 months he was more than happy to take milk from a tomme tippe cup - the bog standard plastic jobs with hard plastic spouts. Freya may not be quite old enough yet (don't know what guidance there is) but if bottles fail then give it a try. Good luck xx

Thursday, March 17th 2011, 8:50pm

Author: kiwimaya

Ovarian cyst has postponed IVF cycle after stims. Your experiences?

Cheers for your replies. I am hoping that continuing sniffing, taking another weeks worth of norethisterone from tomorrow, wait AF and then (if the cyst has gone) starting stims again will not have an adverse affect on what would be the usual chances of a successful cycle? I suppose its difficult to tell. That cyst has definitely been lapping up all the drugs! Fingers crossed it goes. xx

Wednesday, March 16th 2011, 6:56pm

Author: kiwimaya

Ovarian cyst has postponed IVF cycle after stims. Your experiences?

Hi Day 8 stim scan today showed up one cyst on right ovary at 4.5cm and a couple of very small follicles on left. Then had a call to say that estradiol is over 3000 so will be postponing cycle. I'll be carrying on sniffing, noneristherone for 7 days from Friday and then await period. Then scan to check on cyst for a decision to start stims again. This is a new thing for me and would be interested in your experiences of similar situations - postive and negative - so that I can understand and prep...

Tuesday, March 15th 2011, 7:58pm

Author: kiwimaya

Hello - trying again here too

Hi lollygirl. Blimey, all these moral dilemmas in ttc! the mental aerobics are so hard. Have you read the thread just below yours about how long to ttc naturally before a second try - some of the issues discussed in there may be off help (though not completely). Have you had a recent day 3 blood count for FSH LH levels to help you make a decision around waiting to see and egg reserve? Has DP had a sperm count recently? My first EC was done under 'sedation' and not GA but I don't remember anythin...

Tuesday, March 15th 2011, 7:45pm

Author: kiwimaya

Thinking about trying again

Hi Cheryl I think that clinics usually advise to go down the FET route before a fresh cycle. Though if you're paying I suppose you can insist either way. They advised us to try FET (and an unmedicated cycle) which we did but didn't work for us and now trying another fresh cycle. As Pootle said best to get a consultation at the clinic which you will need either way. Best of luck xx

Tuesday, March 1st 2011, 8:36pm

Author: kiwimaya

How long should we ttc naturally before a second try at ivf?

Hi - its a dilemma isn't it. I can only give you an example of our thought process in deciding to give IVF another go. What we took into account was my age, an up to date idea of ovarian reserve (LH, FSH levels), how long we would ttc naturally before it would start to become an increasing misery (if you know what I mean) and annual leave from work. We also wanted to have a sibling as close as possible to DS. And a buffer if it doesn't work. kiwi xx




FERTILITYZONE



MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE