You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

verve19

• "verve19" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: May 6th 2008

Children: one.

What's Up?
Loving 'one born every minute!'.

Tuesday, September 22nd 2009, 3:11pm

when do you put baby into a cot/ cotbed?

advice needed please!!
My daughter is 14 weeks old today and I am starting to think when should I put her into a cot. She is not a heavy baby, she weighed just under 13 pounds last tuesday.

DH - Normal
Me - Benign pelvic MESOTHELIOMA

bab10 DD conceived by IVF at The Lister Hospital, Chelsea. (lost one twin x)

MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "verve19" (Sep 22nd 2009, 3:11pm)

Reg: Jul 24th 2008

Children: 2 Daughters - we have been blessed!

Wednesday, September 23rd 2009, 9:29pm

The official advice is 6 months - but our daughter has been sleeping in her own cot in her own bedroom from 4 months.

Generally, I would say if you think you'll get a better night's sleep without her in your room/bed then put her in her own cot, but don't be scared to bring her back in if it doesn't work out first time!

Me 34 DH 29

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans

1st IUI 9th Aug 08
BFP :smile:

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, September 23rd 2009, 9:37pm

Do you mean a cot in your room or in her own room? Like Polly says the guidelines are that they should sleep in your room until 6 months. Is she in a moses basket/crib at the moment? If so then you just need to move her to a cot when she outgrows it - ie she's touching the sides and it's distrurbing her sleep. We never used a moses basket/crib, just a co-sleeper cot which is roughly the size of a normal cot and she's been in there since birth.

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Reg: Feb 4th 2009

Wednesday, September 23rd 2009, 10:14pm

i can't remember how old Isla was when we put her in the cot but i do remember she was very young. She slept with her arms stretched out so she was never that comfy in the moses basket.
The cot was in our room till she was around 8 or 9 months but that was more due to circumstances.

nic xxx

Michelle

Wednesday, September 23rd 2009, 11:20pm

My dd outgrew her cot by 4 months so i moved her cotbed into our room and she was in there with us until last week. It was just a personal choice really to keep her in with us for longer, it's totally up to you.
As long as you have a monitor and can get to your baby quickly from your own bed then it's fine.

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

verve19

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, September 24th 2009, 4:42pm

Thanks, I meant what age do you think she should go into cotbed but still be in our room. She can have her own room when she is 19!!!!!

DH - Normal

MY DIARY

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Thursday, September 24th 2009, 9:05pm

Whenever you want to then - they can be in them from birth so whenever it suits you - or whenever she grows out of whatever she's sleeping in at the moment.

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: DS Born 2002 / DD Born 2010

Friday, September 25th 2009, 1:01pm

Hi Verve

If your LO is used to something like a moses basket it may be worth you putting that inside the cot for a few nights if you haven't already, it'll get her used to her new enviroment i.e. the bars before she moves in there properly.

xxx

Me - PCOS
DH - Poor Motility & Morphology........
ICSI 2001 - DS / 2009 - DD - Our family is now complete :) :)

Paris

Star

Reg: Mar 7th 2008

Friday, September 25th 2009, 1:19pm

Thats what i did with Nathaniel, he missed his moses basket at first, took him a while to get use to his cot, i think the moses basket made him feel more snuggled.
[link=http://lilypie.com][img noborder]http://lilypie.com/pic/2010/04/19/oQcy.jpg[/img][img noborder]http://lb2f.lilypie.com/u5wmp2.png[/img][/link]

verve19

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Friday, October 2nd 2009, 6:08pm

is anybody using cot bumpers, at my ante natal classes they did not recommened them but i just think the cot looks drafty?!

DH - Normal

MY DIARY

Reg: Oct 10th 2005

Friday, October 2nd 2009, 8:01pm

We used one hun, from when A went into his cot at 6 months+. he's very attached to the label on it in a security type way ( it comes on holiday with us ) and still has a bumper now xx

Me 39, DH 39 ICSI Nov '06 BFP

FET Dec '10 - ET Dec 16th - Test Day 31/12/10

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 2nd 2008

Children: One beautiful little boy born 31/07/09, One beautiful little girl born 25/02/11

Saturday, November 14th 2009, 10:38am

Hi,

Charlie has been in his own room in his cotbed since 9 weeks old. I was planning on keeping him in with us for 6 months but he was a very noisy sleeper and was quickly out growing the moses basket (he's a big boy!) I put him in his own room one night to see how he would react and to see how much sleep we all got and it was great. We've never looked back. (We have a small 2 bed house and his room is right next to ours, so he's not miles away)

We also have a cot bumper in the cot. He doesn't roll over yet so he's not wriggling around too much and likely to get squashed in it. It looks nice too!

ICSI #1 BFP MAY'08 ;( MC @ 8 WKS

Reg: Nov 12th 2007

Children: 1 beautiful baby girl, our little miracle!

Saturday, November 14th 2009, 12:47pm

My muchkin is just over 6 months and she first slept in her cot 2 nights ago! The first night I put the moses basket in there and last night she went in with her sleeping bag. She was ok, she's a good sleeper anyway but I thought she might find it strange but she was fine.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE