You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Sammysue" started this thread

Reg: Dec 18th 2007

Children: one perfect little miracle baby boy - now trying for a little brother or sister !!

Wednesday, January 20th 2010, 2:59pm

foremilk-hindmilk imbalance & Poo??

Hi
L is happy, putting on weight and generally fine but every now and then he has green spinach type bits in his poo! I have googled but the only thing i can find is about green frothy poo resulting from a foremilk-hindmilk imbalance, but his poo is still normal colour just the bits are green. I dont think i'm over feeding and he tends to feed for 10mins to 45mins at a time.
Any ideas
thanks xx

IVF 5th time lucky
- BFP
Trying for No 2 - BFP

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Sammysue" (Jan 20th 2010, 3:00pm)

Indiechick

Superstar

Reg: Oct 25th 2007

Wednesday, January 20th 2010, 3:05pm

One of mine had that too. Sorry TMI but is it stringy?

ETS - just re read your posts and yes, spinach is the best description. It was exactly like that - dunno wht it is tho ?(

3rd IUI - 08/08/08 - tested 22/08/08 BFP :D
Scan 09/09/08 - 2 [zx076] [zx076] TWINS!
2 beautiful boys born 16/04/09

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Indiechick" (Jan 20th 2010, 3:08pm)

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Wednesday, January 20th 2010, 3:15pm

Its undigested sugar! It can appear as a result of too much foremilk which has a laxative effect and passes through so quick that baby doesn't have chance to get the nutrients out of the milk. If its just a bit every now and again and your baby is showing all the signs of getting enough to eat (sleepeing normally, alert and content between feeds, the required amount of wet and dirty nappies and steady weight gain) then its nothing to worry about. It sounds like you are doing just fine Sammysue, well done.

Children: one perfect little miracle baby boy - now trying for a little brother or sister !!

Wednesday, January 20th 2010, 3:36pm

Thanks guys - he does poo LOADS lol after every feed sometimes more! He has fed quite often lately maybe due for a growth spurt, so prob spinach is from that - my brain forgets quite easily :snigger:

ETS could me havingg too much suger result in spinach??

IVF 5th time lucky
- BFP
Trying for No 2 - BFP

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Sammysue" (Jan 20th 2010, 3:38pm)

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Wednesday, January 20th 2010, 5:50pm

No its nothing to do with your diet, you need chocolate, its the law when you're breastfeeding! I have one of those babies who has not read the poo bit of the manual, she poo'd around 3 times a day when she was exclusively breastfed and now she's weaned, she has the opposite problem because she hadn't read the bit about breastfed babies not being constipated! And I'm sorry to tell you that your brain will never grow back!

Wednesday, January 20th 2010, 6:03pm

Its a pain when they dont do there homework :snigger: so glad choc is a must as its replacing the red wine 8|
Will keep an eye his feeding and poo'ing more and see if i can keep the spinach away
thanks for your help xx

IVF 5th time lucky
- BFP
Trying for No 2 - BFP