You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Sel

• "Sel" started this thread

Reg: Sep 22nd 2009

Children: St Marys

Thursday, January 28th 2010, 1:05pm

Annoyed

Hi everyone, just thought i would come on and vent some anger before i explode. We had our initial consultation at St Marys in March last year at which point we were told that funding for sperm retrieval would had to be sought before we could begin our journey. I heard nothing for months so in Nov last year i phoned our PCT to see how our application was progressing and was told they hadnt had any application from ST Marys on our behalf. I then telephoned St Marys and was told that they had received an email in October (two months ago) to say that we had been accepted for the funding), which i was happy about but also really annoyed that no one had thought to put us out of our misery and tell us. She said that i would receive a letter after christmas about the next phase so i just got on with christmas. I thought i would ring the Drs secretary today to see where we are up to as we still havent heard anything and was told that we now have about 60 people in front of us and that it will prob be June/July until we can go for a pre op appointment. I know i might sound impatient and i really feel no malice towards the people in the queue in front of us, in fact i am really really happy for them. I am just annoyed that there is never any urgency with the staff at St Marys, when it is all myself and my partner can think about.
Love and Luck.

Reg: Mar 17th 2008

Children: Twins!

Thursday, January 28th 2010, 4:39pm

Hi sel,

Sorry to hear you'd fallen victim to the administration nightmare that is St Mary's and the NHS in general. Unfortunately, we found a similar situation initially with St Mary's and learned very early on that if you want anything, you have to do all the pushing, especially when it comes to paperwork.

Hopefully once things get going, it will get better. The medical staff are great there, so you will get looked after once you're in the system. It's frustrating, but worth remembering that everyone in the NHS is always busy and although it's difficult, people do try their best.

Good luck with your treatment! :smile:
* Emma * :smile:
TTC 8 yrs PCOS - Clomidx10 - IVFx3
Nov 2009 Last try: Short protocol ICSI - wonderful BFP!!! -
TWINS!!
: D

Reg: Feb 24th 2008

Children: 1 baby girl

Thursday, January 28th 2010, 5:33pm

Hi Sel

So frustrating for you!

Good administration and NHS hospitals tend never to go together sadly! I ditto what Emma has said though, the nursing and medical staff are fab at St Marys so once your treatment starts you will hopefully be a bit more impressed. Sorry they've messed things up for you so far though.

2 ectopic pregnancies - 2005 & 2009
beautiful daughter born Sept 2010 thanks to IVF
IVF#3 April/May 2012 - BFN
IVF#4 in Oct/Nov 2012

MY DIARY

Sel

Thursday, January 28th 2010, 5:45pm

:thanx: Aiwah and LalaZig i think i just needed a moan, i feel better about it now i have had time to think. In hindsight i feel very selfish about making such a big thing of it when there are so many couples in the same boat, so i am going to just get on with it and use the time wisely to get my health and body in tip top condition. Its just nice to have somewhere to vent a few feelings without giving the o/h another ear bashing. Congratulations on youre :BFP: Aiwah and thank you both for listening. :xxx3:
Love and Luck.

Sel

Thursday, January 28th 2010, 5:53pm

And LalaZig :goodluck: i will keep my xfingers for youre next cycle. Sending lots of love and babydust youre way. :xxx3:
Love and Luck.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE