You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Bride2Be" started this thread
  • Turkey

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: 1 boy, 1 girl

Sunday, March 21st 2010, 12:08am

Jumpy Baby

My LO for the last 2 days has become very jumpy when he is sleeping and keeps wakening himself up, I swaddled him in shawl last night and he was ok but tonight he was going nuts trying to get his arms out,he is fine when he gets into a deep sleep but it's just when he is dozing off he must wake himself up about 3 or 4 times.
Any ideas as to why he is suddenly doing this? I actually do it sometimes too when i am nodding off to sleep but with LO it seems to scare him or give him a fright and he ends up screaming. Confused.com :huh:

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Sunday, March 21st 2010, 9:58am

Hi B2B,

This is very common in young babies, J has done it on and off since birth. As babies drop off to sleep they kind of drift off, jerk back awake, drift off and so on for a few minutes before dropping into a deep sleep, often the jerk awake triggers the mechanism that makes them throw their arms wide and this wakes them out of their pre-sleep state and they have to start from scratch. TBH he's probably not screaming in fear he's more likely to be screaming in frustration and over-tiredness as he's tired but keeps waking up and he thinks someone is doing it to him as he doesn't yet realise that his hands belong to him. Swaddling is the easiest way to go but I wouldn't recommend it for sleeping at night as they do say babies should be allowed to move around as much as possible (I swaddle J during daytime naps only as that's when he has problems) at night I used to sit next to J and gently put my hands over his, if he wanted to move them he could but if they twitched they hit my hands and didn't fly up by his head. As he got older the problem went away at night but still persists during the day (I suspect cos he doesn't really want to go to sleep during the day and fights it.)

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09
Natural BFP DS2 born Sept 11

• "Bride2Be" started this thread
  • Turkey

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: 1 boy, 1 girl

Monday, March 22nd 2010, 12:45am

Thanks Grace