You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Mavis

MENTOR

• "Mavis" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Tuesday, March 30th 2010, 10:57pm

Favourite things for living with twins!!!

After 9 weeks, DH are finding things a little easier (sort of!). And we realised that a few of our recent purchases had really made our lives much, much easier. So I thought I'd list him here (and I'd love to hear what you have found useful too!!!)

Cosatto changing table
http://www.cosatto.com/product-profile.php?id=007233
Lovely and high with lots of storage. It is actually comfortable to change 20 nappies a day using this. Didn't want to have an item of furniture to just change nappies, but my back really, really appreciates this now.

Thermos water dispenser thingy
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thermos-Button-G…/dp/B000OW6FSU/
For warming bottles of milk in the night, this little beauty gives us instant steaming hot water. It spares us of 2 minutes of crying while waiting for the kettle to boil. Bliss!

Vibrating bouncy chair
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisher-Price-Pre…/dp/B001QCY4MG/
Again, didn't have the space for these. But quickly realised I wouldn't have any sanity left without them? They are simple bouncy chairs, but they also vibrate. It's meant to feel similar to being in a carseat in a car, and it sends my girls right off to sleep. Plus the batteries last a long time, haven't changed them yet and I use this A LOT!

I think that's it for my favourite things!
(None of these links are endorsed by the FZ)

M
x

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

Reg: Jun 16th 2009

Children: twin girls

Wednesday, March 31st 2010, 5:52am

Thanks Mavis. Do you keep changing table upstairs or downstairs ? I was planning on keeping it upstairs and getting a travel cot with bassinet and changing mat attached for downstairs. What do you think ?

Kirstin's Parenting Diary

Jan 09 Icsi BFN May 09 Fet BFN Sept 09 Icsi BFN Jan 10 :BFP:
:girl: :girl: c-section 13/09/10

Mavis

MENTOR

• United Kingdom

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Wednesday, March 31st 2010, 2:07pm

Hi Kirstin,
Yup! I keep the changing table upstairs, and exactly as you say - a travel cot with a bassinet and changing mat downstairs.
For the first couple of months, having the bassinet downstairs was really useful. Now they are heavier, I only put one dd in there at a time. Because the bassinet hangs, like a hammock, inside the cot, the girls roll together if I try and put them both in at the same time. But now that they are older, they are very happy in the bouncy chairs or having a good kick around on a playmat on the floor.
M
x

My Diary

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Wednesday, March 31st 2010, 2:21pm

I don't have twins but I do have 2 children and this is my favourite thing http://www.bombaysapphire.com/

Indiechick

Superstar

Reg: Oct 25th 2007

Wednesday, March 31st 2010, 3:14pm

LOL Mrs J!!!

For when those little tikes get a bit bigger my two fave things are:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LeapFrog-Learn-G…76&sr=8-1-spell

and

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisher-Price-K71…70043932&sr=1-1

Keeps them amused for ages and having two different things means they can swap around and never get bored.

**external links not endorsed by fertilityzone**

3rd IUI - 08/08/08 - tested 22/08/08 BFP :D
Scan 09/09/08 - 2 [zx076] [zx076] TWINS!
2 beautiful boys born 16/04/09

JENSQUI

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Wednesday, March 31st 2010, 4:03pm

Ooh, good to know that leap frog thing has gone down well as i have just been given a second hand one by a friend! Good tips here but not sure necessarily restricted to twins so far?!

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

Mavis

MENTOR

• United Kingdom

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Wednesday, March 31st 2010, 4:36pm

:snigger: This has become a list of lust!
I want everything! (including the gin :snigger: )

By the way, do your babies fart?! Because my girls never stop farting, and they make this giggle-like sound afterwards too. It's really hard to concentrate with that going on in the background!!!

My Diary

Indiechick

Superstar

Reg: Oct 25th 2007

Wednesday, March 31st 2010, 5:10pm

LOL can't say mine are that in to farting but I'm sure it will come!

Jen - for my two the DJ station (leapfrog thing) has been worth it's weight in gold, takes up a bit of room but is so worth it!

3rd IUI - 08/08/08 - tested 22/08/08 BFP :D
Scan 09/09/08 - 2 [zx076] [zx076] TWINS!
2 beautiful boys born 16/04/09

JENSQUI

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Wednesday, March 31st 2010, 7:11pm

Yep, martha farts like an adult! Impressively she can fart and sneeze at the same time. I have earmarked space in the kitchen next to the table for the dj station so that she can play happily whilst i cook! One of my fave buys is a wimmer stimm mobile. Doesn't look pretty but endlessly fascinating for a baby!

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

Scarlett

Reg: Oct 23rd 2007

Children: William aged 3

Wednesday, March 31st 2010, 7:21pm

I don't have twins but I do have 2 children and this is my favourite thing http://www.bombaysapphire.com/

pmsl

nn
1st IVF July 2008 BFN
2nd IVF Nov 2008 BFN
3rd DE IVF July 2009 BFP!
4th DE IVFJan 2012 BFN

5th FET April 2012 BFN

Scarlett

Reg: Oct 23rd 2007

Children: William aged 3

Wednesday, March 31st 2010, 7:23pm

By the way, do your babies fart?! Because my girls never stop farting, and they make this giggle-like sound afterwards too. It's really hard to concentrate with that going on in the background!!!

William does 'farts of fury' when he's displeased or cold (anytime he's undressed basically) :snigger:

(sorry for hijacking the thread :D )

nn
1st IVF July 2008 BFN
2nd IVF Nov 2008 BFN
3rd DE IVF July 2009 BFP!
4th DE IVFJan 2012 BFN

5th FET April 2012 BFN

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, March 31st 2010, 7:25pm

I don't have twins. I don't even have two children. But it is my favourite thing too. Cheers :drunk:

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

GemH

Star

Reg: Nov 27th 2006

Location: Romford - Me 30. MC @ 14 wks Aug 03. 7 courses of Clomid all bfn, waiting for af to start iui when shock natural bfp. M/C 29/06/2010.Separated from ex-DH in 07/10. In a new(ish) relationship with an old friend and ttc no 2 :)

Children: George 21/11/2008 - my surprise natural bfp. Oliver 09/05/2013 - my little happy chappy

Wednesday, March 31st 2010, 7:34pm

Same as Bubble but I bought the jumperoo then used the dj mixing thing, G loved both of them and was walking round the mixer until just before Xmas and playing. Good for getting him upright to see. x

Turkey

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: 1 boy, 1 girl

Thursday, April 8th 2010, 12:44am

I don't have twins but i'll get my tuppence worth in :happy: I also have one of them changing/bathing stations,I keep mines in Living room, it's be perfect as my back can be a bit dodgy at times,when i'm upstairs i just use the changing mat that came with the changing bag. Also have one of the vibrating bouncy chairs that he loves,my friends actually bought us an all singing and dancing chair from Mamas & Papas(cost £90),has lights on a canopy,plays music etc and LO detests sitting in it,so the one he uses is one which my sister bought to keep at her house but i just take it back and forward with me,it cost a fraction of the price of the Mamas & Papas one and he just loves it. I also got him some black & white books from Amazon which he is fascinated with.

OMG my LO does big man farts,i can't help laughing at him when he does it and he also farts & sneezes at same time :snigger:

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Thursday, April 8th 2010, 1:01am

Good tips here but not sure necessarily restricted to twins so far?!

Valid point!

This thread may be better in General Parenting? The item suggested so far are certainly suitable for singletons and yes, even they fart! :snigger:

Mavis

MENTOR

• United Kingdom

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Friday, April 9th 2010, 1:27am

Bells, please feel free to move/edit title as you see fit (? Favourite things for living with farting singletons)

I'm a bit ashamed to mention my latest favourite thing. Its those Baby Einstein DVDs. I know they don't make the babies cleverer, and that the DVDs just puts together images that babies tend to stare at. But boy, these DVDs work! I actually managed to have quite a leisurely dinner with my DH while my DDs were gazing at the TV...

I bought a boxset of 30 discs... :O

My Diary

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Friday, April 9th 2010, 8:17am

Mave, a friend let me borrow a set of those when DD1 as tiny. She went through a phase of waking at 5 am and thinking the day should start then. I would put her in her bouncy chair in front of the tv and put a Baby Einstein on, then get my head down on the sofa for an hour or so. She was just as happy to watch Sky news though, I think its the colours. And now her knowledge of current affairs is second to none!

Reg: Jul 12th 2012

Thursday, July 12th 2012, 10:16am

Thanks guys. Its really very useful discussion for parenting. thanks a lot to share this threat. I have my favorite for my babes.

*MODERATOR EDITED - ADVERTISING REMOVED*