You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "gemma" started this thread

Reg: Feb 25th 2009

Children: Trying very hard

Thursday, April 22nd 2010, 3:25pm

Can NHS funding be transferred to private clinic?

Hi

Does anybody know of a situation where NHS funding has been transferred to a private clinic?? We have been TTC for around 5 years and DH has azoospermia! The NHS have never found ANY sperm at all in any of his samples or even in a sperm retrieval operation! We have recently had 3 sperms found at a private clinic and we are going back tomorrow to see if they can find anymore! basically, we don't want the NHS to get their hands on these few precious spermies, but we don't have the money to fund a cycle ourselves! I'm sure I have heard of situations where this has happened with the funding, but just wondered if anybody could confirm this?

Thanks xxx

5 cycles (3 xICSI, 2 x FET) All BFN
3 x cycles (2 x ICSI, 1 x FET) with basic immunes-All BFN
First appointment with Dr Gorgy-2nd April 2013-discussed another cycle using LIT and Humira. More tests done...awaiting results.

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Thursday, April 22nd 2010, 7:45pm

Hi Gemma,

Yes I think it can happen I seem to remember reading something about it last year when I was having treatment but I can't find where I read it for the life of me. I don't know how you go about sorting it out and I suspect that it greatly depends if there is a contract in place between the clinic and the NHS. Perhaps start by asking your clinic if this is something that they've ever done and then next step is to back to your NHS GP or consultant and ask them.

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09
Natural BFP DS2 born Sept 11

• "gemma" started this thread

Reg: Feb 25th 2009

Children: Trying very hard

Friday, April 23rd 2010, 7:41pm

Hi again Grace!!!

Thanks again for replying to this question!!
Yes I was sure I had heard of it being done! Our doctor is going to write a letter to our PCT for us to see if it is possible!!! So we can only wait and hope now! xfingers
xxx

5 cycles (3 xICSI, 2 x FET) All BFN
3 x cycles (2 x ICSI, 1 x FET) with basic immunes-All BFN
First appointment with Dr Gorgy-2nd April 2013-discussed another cycle using LIT and Humira. More tests done...awaiting results.

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Saturday, April 24th 2010, 6:27pm

Good luck!

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09
Natural BFP DS2 born Sept 11

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE