You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "murphsmurf" started this thread

Reg: Oct 6th 2005

Thursday, May 6th 2010, 8:34pm

Nighttime pull ups

well its been a long time since there was a post in this forum and a long time since i've posted!

Just a quickie. Isla has been daytime dry since a month after she was 2. She is now 3 and 3 months and is still really wet in the morning. She doesnt seem to be making any progress at all at night. Is this normal? And any tips for getting her off her pull ups?

Michelle x
Me 33, DP 32
TTC for 3 years.
HSG showed 2 blocked tubes.
Lap and dye August 05 unblocked both tubes. :D Hurrah!!!! :D
Natural BFP 05/06/06

My beautiful baby girl was born 2 weeks early on 3rd February 2007

After many up's and down's we're back and ttc naturally in 2013!

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Thursday, May 6th 2010, 8:43pm

Hi Michelle!

Don't worry, you're not on your own!

My DD1 was dry from just over 2 in the day. I literally took off her nappy, put knickers on and told her to tell me when she wanted a wee and that was us done. I could count on one hand the number of accidents she had.

HOWEVER, night times - whole different ball game! I put it off til she was 3 and then DD2 arrived so only gave it a half hearted attempt for a night or two as it was enough being woken by DD2 in the night, so didn't really want DD1 calling out for a wee! And before I knew it she was 4. And her pull ups were still wet in the morning.

The upshot is that much the same happened - told her she wasn't wearing a pull up anymore and that she needed to call me when she needed a wee. She had one wet bed and that was it. She now just gets up and goes when she needs to which is great as our bedroom is downstairs so it saves me a run up the stairs in the middle of the night. Having said that, I said to her recently, when I was putting on DD2's nappy after their bath, 'isn't it great that we don't have to worry about this with you anymore'. And she said 'I miss wearing a pull up as I didn't have to bother getting out of bed when I needed a wee'! I think if I'd left her she'd have been 12 and still wearing one!

Its more common than you think as well. I work for a GP surgery and spoke to a couple of doctors, and even amongst friends I found that once I'd broached the subject other Mums admitted the same!

My only other comment is that you should buy a mattress protector for her bed - peace of mind for you that even if she does have an accident, at least you've only got soggy bedclothes to deal with, not a soggy mattress.

Hope that helps.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008