You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Loopylala" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "Loopylala" started this thread

Reg: Apr 23rd 2009

Children: Twins Roo & Seb

Monday, May 17th 2010, 8:48pm

Is it normal for a 3 year old to display some OCD Tendencies?

Please do not feel that I am labelling my son in anyway but I'm just wondering if anybody else's 3 year olds have funny little ways or things they have to do. My Seb is 3.4 years and is literally obsessed with Pirates, boats ec etc. He has a pirate play mat on his floor in his room and has 3 pirate ships all lined up facing the same way, any pirate figures have to be standing on the ships and if they fall over he gets really upset and has to stand them up! If god forbid the dog moves anyone of the ships out of line he will also get very upset and move it back, his toy crab and whale have to be in the water part of the mat and the dragon in the sky etc etc you cannot move anything to a place where it would not be!! Is this normal behaviour?? I mean I like to have my things a certain way we all do so is it because they are his toys and he wants them in the correct position?? Another thing he will ask for everyday is for either myself, Dh or the staff at nursery to draw a picture of a man, in a boat with a pirate flag, water and fish and pirates with hats on!!!! He will get really upset if the picture isn't drawn exactly how he's used to seeing it! Anyway do I encourage him to play and not make a big deal about it (thats what i'm doing) or is it something that needs looking into???

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Monday, May 17th 2010, 9:13pm

Doesn't sound out of the ordinary to me! I know my DD1 used to like, and still does, things done the way she wants them! Don't we all!

If you have concerns though, or just want to set your mind at rest, maybe call your HV or visit your GP.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008