You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Twinkletoots" started this thread

Reg: Dec 7th 2009

Monday, March 22nd 2010, 8:25pm

Funding for Hampshire/cost of private clinic?

Hi ladies..

I have just had a NHS funded IVF cycle which sadly didnt work :sadface: As im aware we only get one cycle funded... so unfair. So just wondered if any of you have ks had this happen and then carried on to have a 2nd cycle private and where? If so what is a realistic cost to be paying? i live in Southampton so really would like to stay close to there.

look forward to hopefully hearing a positive that its not to costly xfingers thanks xx twinkle

annieb34

Reg: May 11th 2010

Children: 1 treasured and probably spoilt little girl born june 2007 as a result of IVF/ICSI

Monday, May 17th 2010, 10:26pm

Hi twinkletoots, just read your post from March, sorry to hear it didn't work for you first time round. We live in Dorset and the waiting list there for 1 cycle is 2 years or 3 for icsi, so when we started on this journey back in 06, we looked at going private and ended up in Salisbury! They suggested we write to the Dorset PCT and ask for funding to have the treatment at Salisbury and they offered us 2 funded cycles, with access to the 2nd cycle withdrawn if the 1st ended with a live birth, which we were extremely blessed to have. Might be worth going to Salisbury (all the staff there are brilliant) and seeing if your PCT will fund a cycle there - got to be worth asking???? Take care and good luck xfingers
Me 34 DH 48
ttc since 2001
1 ICSI BFP Oct 06 girl Jun 07
2 FET cycles both BFN
Just about to start IVF/ICSI with egg share as donor! xfingers

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE