You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Feb 15th 2010

Monday, May 31st 2010, 10:38pm

Good for you Tracey! Three weeks on a beach sounds amazing. I'll be having three weeks in my garden this year so pray for sunshine please! x

March 2010 ICSI :BFN:
July 2010 ICSI :BFN:
Jan/Feb 2011 ICSI :BFN:
Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Reg: Apr 29th 2010

Monday, May 31st 2010, 10:39pm

Ill pray for sunshine for you,but if it dont work ill try sending you some from turkey instead of a postcard :thumbup: xxxxxxxxxxx

Reg: Apr 19th 2010

Tuesday, June 1st 2010, 9:48pm

Just relax

Hey everyone, hope everybody is well or as well as you all can be in the various stages :P Your aunt's advice Pinkdaisy sounds like some I've already received as well. However the best was from my manager who thought DH and me should take a year off, rent out our home and go and sit on a beach somewhere for a year.:idea: I thought she was being funny but she was being deadly serious as thought this would be all it would take. Even when I asked how I would finance this she still insisted it was the best course of action as modern day life was preventing us from getting pregnant. I just smiled and thought WTF!!!!! Anyways these people are sent to try us, I just get tried on a daily basis:tonguestretch:Tee hee xx
Bushbaby
2009 - 3 x IUI :BFN: April 2010 - IVF :BFN: August 2010 - IVF :BFP: October 2010 - M/C April 2011 - IVF :BFP: [zx076] at 7w 6d :rainbow: Lil Monkey seen at 14wks 5days - all good
My Diary

Reg: Jul 29th 2009

Children: 1 beautiful angel daughter xx

Wednesday, June 2nd 2010, 4:35pm

GRI What's On Guide

HERES A WEE UPDATE X

Monday 7th June
Weeyin - starts nasal spray

Fri 11th June
Confused - another scan after injections

Monday 14th June
Confused - another scan and nasal spray

Tuesday 15th June
pinkdaisy - prostap

wednesday 30th june
pinkdaisy - baseline scan

lainey - when is OTD??

hope i havent missed anyone?? XX
Confused.com

7/10/11 Mummy to Freya, born asleep @ 24 wks :tear:

Wednesday, June 2nd 2010, 4:51pm

:hi: ladies

how are we all today?

pixie - how did you appt go?

weeyin - how you getting on? only 2 more days till your back at the lovely ACS!

tracey - im well jealous - i would do anything to jump a plane and get away from here xx

bushbaby - nice to see you back x

pinkdaisy - im so glad it isnt long till you start again, i have a good feeling about it all :hugs:

lainey -when is OTD? hopefully not much longer now hun

hey christine, good to see your popping in offering your support, i dont know where we would be without you!

AFM- I was up at the crack of dawn this morning for my appt, had my baseline scan to check my lining and its :goodnews: i have started injections!! i have 10 follies on the right and 3+ on the left - the waiting room was an absolute bloody nightmare today its was heaving and there was no seats outside the waiting room in the corridor! i think i got the 2nd last seat, good job DH wasnt with me or we would be sitting at opposite ends of the room!! :laugh: i think they were running well late today because i had to wait 1 hour after my scan before getting my bloods and my bag of drugs laugh1

so 2hours ago i bit the bullet and injected! i cant believe how easy i found it?? shy1 although i will be doing the rest of them first thing every morning so that DH can do it (make him feel important lol) i am back next friday for another scan and then back on the monday for another scan and hopefully to start the nasal spraying high5 i have been concerned about the procedures and my hectic work schedule, so i am going to and see my doc and see what he thinks - i have the option to take a week or 2 holidays but i just dont want to take any chances - know what i mean?? so all going well EC will be week beginning 14th June or the very start of the 21st and ET (all going well) 3 days after.

i sill cant believe we have finally started - and by the end of june it will be in the hands of the gods. still cant get my head around it.

hope all you lovely ladies are well. i am sorry i havent posted much, i am struggingly the now with the work and home life balance, but i do read your posts on my phone when i can!!

love :xxx3: :xxx3: :xxx3: :xxx3: :xxx3:

:goodluck:
Confused.com

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "*confused.com*" (Jun 2nd 2010, 4:56pm)

Wednesday, June 2nd 2010, 6:05pm

Confused, I'm sooooo sorry I didn't wish you well for today, but sounds like you got on fabulously well and are injecting already - loads of lovely follies too!! Get you!! It's nice to get DH involved to and I think it lessens the stress for us girls and we should be doing it all together anyway! If you can take some time off around transfer, I def would..the more chilled you can get the better, but others may say just carry on as normal...but that's why I waited until the summer hols to get going again....less stress!

Tracey - would be very pleased if you send me some sunshine thanks! :cheeers:

Pixie - how did you get on?

Bushbaby - I think your boss' idea is fab! If only that was the perfect cure, wouldn't we all just leap at the chance of a year out on a beach?? Brilliant! Maybe she is offering a fully paid year out too?.....and where does reality actually set in?? :snigger:

Weeyin - how you getting on with the jabs? I felt great on them - totally chilled! :biggrin:

Love to all - need to get a coffee organised again soon, would be great to meet up with some of you guys! [zx014]

xx

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

curlysue

Reg: Mar 18th 2010

Wednesday, June 2nd 2010, 8:25pm

Hi girlies

Thinking of you all at all your different stages. Hope you's are all doing well. babydust :sticky:

Curlysue xx

Curlysue

ttc 3 years
1st ICSI - Sept 2009 :BFN:
2nd ICSI - Feb 2010 :BFP:
1 healthy [zx076] seen 22nd March 2010

• "weeyin" is 40 years old today

Reg: Nov 19th 2009

Children: TWIN GIRLS BORN 22/02/11

Thursday, June 3rd 2010, 10:18am

Hi All,
Pinkdaisy - yeh Im doin good on the stimms, or sorry should I say DH is doin great doin them for me !!! Funny enuff, DH has said that i have started to look really tired and sounding a bit chilled like you say , sometimes I feel as if Im walking around in my own wee world lol lol. Yeh, meeting up for coffee sounds good sometime xx

Confused - check you out girl!!!

Traceyb - thinking of you pet xx

Hi to everyone else, sorry about lack of personals, at work just now and just grabbin a quick 5 minutes noseytime !

1st ICSI June 2010 :BFP: Double Trouble

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 6th 2008

Children: Twins in heaven. And another little whisper (or 2). No earthly children.

Thursday, June 3rd 2010, 12:30pm

Hi lovely ladies, sorry it's been so long shy1

Thanks Confused for keeping a record of where everyone's at and thanks for those who sent me messages on FB regarding our appointment on Monday. Appreciate all of you for asking.

We saw the Embryologist first and discussed lots of different options, then saw Dr Lyall again after that to discuss my new protocol in it's entirety. I wont bore you with the details b/c a) it's complicated; b) it's not tried and tested in the UK yet but they've had great success with it in the private sector, especially the clinic in Valencia, so it means I'll be a guniea pig of sorts...again. It was a productive appt on both accounts and both Drs were very positive in terms of me getting pg again and actually keeping the pregnancy this time. Emotionally I found it extremely difficult b/c it opened up the door of hope in my heart which I have shut down lately. Not in a negative-woe-is-me type of way, rather I've had to close that door for a while for sanity's sake and concentrate on achieving some other life goals (without a baby/ies) and I've now commited to undertaking loads of house projects this year, with a view to selling up and moving to a bigger house (again, not with a view to a house full of kids, more for guests!). My heart has taken such a battering through so many years of infertility and treatments that I'm enjoying the break from it all so much, going back to the hospital felt like a step backwards emotionally for me. Please don't misunderstand, we're very grateful for our frozen embryos remaining, but I have to be in a place physically and emotionally where I feel ready to start yet another new treatment all over again, with a bit of self-pity that nobody else will be on this protocol and who knows how my body will react again! The new protocol involves daily injections, tablets, patches and pessaries and if successful will continue all of these throughout the first 12 weeks. I know it will be worth it; goodness I'd step over hot coals, but I'm just not ready to go through all the heartache again, since there's never any guarantee of the outcome. I dunno, maybe I've lost hope of a pg altogether. Lots of other things happening in our lives too and DH hasn't been well but starting to do better now. Anyhow, just thought I'd update.

Will continue to pop in and check up on you all and would love a meet-up sometime. Just probably wont be posting here vey much but please keep in touch through FB anytime.

Loads of love to you all blowkiss blowkiss

PCOS and Severe M/F
TTC-- 9yrs

5 Clomid cycles :BFN:
IVF/ICSI OHSS (no transfer)
FET#1 Oct08 :BFP: ,Twins! m/c Dec08 :bawl:
FET#2 :BFN:
FET's #3&4 No transfer
FET #5 :BFN:
FET#6 No transfer
Brand new protocol!
FET #7(June '11) :BFP: Early m/c :bawl:
FET #8 (August '11) :BFN:

Reg: Jul 20th 2009

Children: Still waiting to be blessed with 1 ... or 2?

Thursday, June 3rd 2010, 2:02pm

Hey girls, sorry ive not been on here as much!
Jst been really busy the last few months. Lots of weddings, births, birthdays, christenings, communions and 2 funerals thrown in for good measure!!
Anyway, it's helping the time pass bu quickly though! Trying to get a wee holiday booked for July/August then the countdown of the year will be on!!
August 2011 here i come lol... How are u all?
You're all in my thoughts!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
:heart:

baby8Can't Wait For The Journey To Begin - Bring On The Bumpage!!x baby8

Julz

Ace

Reg: Jan 2nd 2009

Children: TTC No 1!

Thursday, June 3rd 2010, 5:27pm

Hi ladies,

Just wanted to let you know we had our scan this afternoon and it's not good news. There is a pregnancy and yok sac but no baby or heartbeat which they said they should be able to see clearly at this stage. I feel completely numb, don't know what to think or do or anything. We have to go back in a week for another scan to be 100% sure but th dr said that they have never seen anyone come back for the second scan and there be something there. I am absolutely distraught especially since the HPTs are still coming up strong and I have had bad nausea for the last week and a bit.

I just don't know what to do.

Nov 09 ICSI :BFN:
Feb'10 IUI 1:BFN:,Apr'10 IUI 2:BFP: MMC 9wks.Oct'10 IUI 3:BFP:

Thursday, June 3rd 2010, 8:43pm

Julz, I'm so sorry to hear your news. I'm so upset reading it so goodness knows how you must be feeling and the uncertainty of everything must make it even worse. It must be tortuous having to wait another week to find out what is happening. I feel for you so much....sending you hugs and thinking about you - you know we are all here for you. xx

Pixie - Thanks for the update, you have so much to think about - it all sounds so exhausting. I think I will PM you.

xx

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

8868dee

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 17th 2008

Children: DD1 17 yrs and DD2 4 years x they are both my everything xxx love my girls soo much xx

What's Up?
New cycle start Feb/ March fingers crossed

Friday, June 4th 2010, 12:12pm

:bye: hi all

i hope you dont mind me butting in but im trying to find out more infomation on glasgow royal infirmary for ivf, eg prices including drugs , consultation costs ect. You see im moving to helensburgh in july and we need to think about having ivf there. if i explain a little of my story you will see what i mean.

im 27 and dh28 and we have a daughter who is 9. i had blocked fallopian tubes which was surgically repaired in april this year. the doctor then gave us 6 months to try on our own (which is november) if im not pg by then then ivf will be the only way forward for us. As i am moving to scotland i thought i would try to get more infoamtion now rather than when the times comes so that we are prepared.

I'd be very grateful for any/ all advice

take care :cuddle

De

:xxx:

De:34 DH:36
DD1: 17yrs - Natural
DD2: 4 yrs - FET #3
DH: Super-Sperm | ME: No Fallopian Tubes
June 2011 Ruptured Ectopic (tubes removed)

8 Cycles IVF ( 4 X Fresh / 4 X Natural FET)
2 X Miscarriages (11+9 weeks) ;(
1 X Cancelled Cycle ;(
4 X BFN ;(
1 x Rainbow Baby Girl (05/14) : D

Saturday, June 5th 2010, 9:52am

Hi Dee and welcome to this thread!
I think it would probably be best for you to give the hospital a call as I don't think there is any price list as such.
Ruth is the person to speak to initially on 0141 211 1207 - and everyone is really nice.
Good luck luck though - sounds like you might not need it!
xx

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Reg: Aug 2nd 2009

Children: 1 gorgeous boy

Saturday, June 5th 2010, 9:53am

Hi girls,
Sorry I haven't been on to check on you all for a while but it seems like all go on the treatment front. Good luck with everything, I have a good feeling about you lot, you all sound so relaxed about everything which I think helps. Weeyin and confused, canny believe it's all happening cause it seemed like you were waiting for so long.
ICSI- I'm glad they have come up with a new protocol for you and you sound like you're in a good place right now and at least you know that whenever you are ready then you can just go for it again. Good luck.
De- sorry can't be of any help to you as I had my treatment on the NHS but i'm sure some of these girls can help you or you could even try the thread on GCRM as it is private and i'm sure the girls will have scoped out all the prices for this area and could maybe give you a rough idea.
Julz honey, have sent you a wee message on the other thread.
Pinkchick

ICSI 2010 = our gorgeous boy
ICSI Oct 2014 :BFN:
ICSI May 2015 :BFP:

Saturday, June 5th 2010, 1:21pm

Good Afternoon Ladies, thought Id boast that Im sitting typing this on my laptop while Im sitting in the garden. Defo haveing another :bbq: later on today!

Hi Pinkchick - nice to see you popping in and saying hello, how you getting on? What is your actual DD?? Hope your keeping well and not finding it too hot in this beautiful weather.

Confused - hows the jabs goin?

Pinkdaisy - not long till you get goin again sweety, xfingers for you this time petal xx

AFM - Well had second scan yesterday. Im not quite ready yet for EC, so Im back again on Monday. Have been given nasal spray to start on Monday, but depending how the next scan goes I could be back in for EC on Wednesday, either that or its another scan and then EC on Friday.
They got me in a bit of a flumox thou, as they had a bit of difficulty in finding my left ovary. The nurse said its not sitting in the right place! ?o( and that it may be difficult for them to get access to it for EC. Anyone else heard of this??? Apparantly thou the follies in the other side are doin well, but just need a wee bit more time. I cant remember what sizes she said they were as I got all confused.
So, fingers crossed its all getting busy in the right hand side and I'll be all set for Wednesday. :D

Hi to everyone else xx

8868dee

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 17th 2008

Children: DD1 17 yrs and DD2 4 years x they are both my everything xxx love my girls soo much xx

What's Up?
New cycle start Feb/ March fingers crossed

Sunday, June 6th 2010, 4:55pm

pinkdaisy and pinkchick thankss for the advice girls i will definatly give ruthie a call thiss week xx. hopefully i wont need it but i want to be prepared just in case

De:34 DH:36
DD1: 17yrs - Natural
DD2: 4 yrs - FET #3
DH: Super-Sperm | ME: No Fallopian Tubes
June 2011 Ruptured Ectopic (tubes removed)

8 Cycles IVF ( 4 X Fresh / 4 X Natural FET)
2 X Miscarriages (11+9 weeks) ;(
1 X Cancelled Cycle ;(
4 X BFN ;(
1 x Rainbow Baby Girl (05/14) : D

Monday, June 7th 2010, 8:08pm

Evening All!
:goodnews:

Had 2nd scan today, and alls good for EC on Thursday. To take last Gonal injection tonite and then booster tomorrow night, followed by a drug free day on Wednesday. :thumbsup2:
If EC is on Thursday and they've said ET is on Saturday morning - does anyone know what day test date would be?? I meant to ask this afternoon when the nurse phoned but I totally forgot .

Confused - hows my little shadow feelin now high5

Hope everyone else is well.

Monday, June 7th 2010, 8:30pm

Yay, weeyin that's brilliant...sounds like you've coped really well with the whole business, well done! EC on Thursday? Brill! Outcome for me was 2 weeks after transfer, minus a day maybe?
Good luck for Thurs, not getting on as much as I would have liked recently and feel like I've abandoned you and Confused. Sorry!
Confused - how are you getting on with things? Not heard from you in a while.
Everyone else...what's happening? Tracey - how are you keeping? Not heard from you in a while either.
Julz - been thinking about you and your appt this week. Sending you hugs. xx

AFM - all kicking off again a week tomorrow, it's come round pretty quickly afterall. Oh and my birthday tomorrow too...happy days...but a step closer to the big 4-0hhhhhhh...please let me be pregnant before I'm 40!!

xx

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Monday, June 7th 2010, 9:18pm

Hey ladies!

How's things?

Wow wee yin ec thursday? Doesn't time fly!!! How ru feeling about it all?

Pinkdaisy my wee flower a week to go! Not long now Hun and we will all b flashing bfp!!!

Afm - got another scan on Friday and dependant on the outcome I could b back on Monday. On day 6 of injections and todAy I feel really shifty, awfy dizzy when I stand up and feeling sick a feel like there's activity happening in maovaries too, I hope it's nowt to do with the gonal.
What dose ru on wee yin? Am on 300. Is it jst 10 days worth of injections that they give u?
So all being well ec shud b the middle of nxt wk!!!eeeeekkkk!

It is awfy quiet in here hope ur okay ladies xxxxxxxxxxxx
Confused.com

Monday, June 7th 2010, 9:21pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY pinkdaisy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope this is yr last birthday as a twosome!!!

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Confused.com

Monday, June 7th 2010, 9:29pm

Hey Confused - nice to see you back! Sorry to hear you're feeling crappy. I felt pretty good on the injections but I was a bit dizzy at times and I felt like my insides were being pumped up (but I suppose they were!) I was chilled but I don't think I slept too well...maybe I should keep a diary the next time? Anyway, not too long to go now and you're over the worst of it...I'm sure of it! Hope you're feeling your usual self again soon and the only reason for feeling awful is that you're pregnant!
Thanks for the birthday wishes too - hope you're right!
xx

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Monday, June 7th 2010, 10:52pm

Ahhhhhh, nice to see a few posts on here tonite, it has been a tad quiet recently! :shush:

Confused - sorry to hear your feelin shitty pet. :cuddle I have been feelin just pretty much the same as usual on these injections - A MAD HUFFY COW!!! No just kiddin :snigger: At the beginning after prostap inj I was a bit tired and run down, but (touches wood) I have been feeling fine. In total I will have done 12 injections and 1 booster injection tomorrow. Even the nasal spray isnt that bad. Oh and Im on 225 of gonal.

Pinkdaisy - Mega Mega Mega Happy Birthday for tm, these are for you :chocs: :birthdaycake: :flowers: . Although I have decided by your FB pics that you are nowhere near 40 misses!!!! But like you say, if you want to be preggers before your 40 then I hope your 40 soon lol (if that makes sense) [zx089]

Tracey - hope your well and looking forward to your holiday.

Silver Lining - good luck for OTD tm [zx189] [zx189] [zx189]

Everyone else, hope your all goooooood grouphug

Reg: Jul 10th 2008

Children: TTC number one

Tuesday, June 8th 2010, 2:08pm

Hi Folks,

Well it looks like i will be joining you all very soon at GRI. We had a private tx at GCRM (cancelled due to no response) whilst we were waiting on our go at GRI my BMI was too high for tx at GRI and I had to loose 3 stone before they would start my tx, well i started the Cambridge Diet on 12th August and I have lost 37.5lbs in 8 weeks :thumbsup: so only another 4.5lbs to go until my 3 stone. Did anyone else have to loose weight before treatment?
Me 37 (low AMH) DH 40 (LSC)
TTC since Dec 2006
ICSI 1-Jan 2010 no response
ICSI 2-March 2011 (1 egg) BFN
ICSI 3 DE -Currently on 2WW test 24/3/12

Tuesday, June 8th 2010, 4:10pm

hey angel mouse - welcome to the GRI! :weehee: on the weight loss, thats amazing!! my bmi was 33 when i got weighed before tx but i am happy to say i am now down to 31.99! i hope you get started with us in no time xx

well ladies, things feel like they have went from bad to worse. i still dont feel any better, i feel ten times worse. phoned GRI this morning and got the answering machine so in a panic i phoned my doc, got a call back from GRI and told them that i though i had OHSS. they wanted me up today but i couldnt get anyone to come up with me a short notice so i am going up tomorrow morning. went to the doctor who said i did the right thing going into to see her and that if i wasnt booked in at GRI she would have phoned before i left. its just a waiting game just now until i get scanned, i hope it isnt OHSS and that i just feel really shitty and its normally for your ovaries to feel like they are exploding out your stomach?!??!?!! the plus side is my doctor's sister has been through IVF before and was very understanding and has signed me off for 2 weeks! at least work is the last thing i have to worry about now.

hope all is well with everyone and pinkdaisy is having a lovely day :birthdaycake:

will update when i can xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Confused.com

Reg: Aug 15th 2008

Children: Lovely DD 22yrs

Tuesday, June 8th 2010, 8:15pm

Aw girls, thank you each and every one of you for being here for me. As predicted it was a :BFN:

We had our appointment at 8.35am this morning and Claire phoned me this afternoon at 1.30 an confirmed what I thought. She said that we will receive receive a letter confirming the outcome and an invitation to attend an appointment to review treatment and see what if anything we could do differently for the next treatment. All the staff are just wonderful and I trully believe we are in the best hands as these people genuinely care about us.

I did say that I already knew that the Drs were going to recommend removal of my damaged tube before the next treatment so I then asked when the appointment was likely to be. Four to six weeks was the reply. So looks like I am going to have to wait again to be told something I already know only to be referred to another consultant and put on another list. I'm 40 years old in August and my amh levels are diminishing. I feel like I've endured so much pain from this tube for the last 20 years with countless visits to my GP I eventually had to accept that the excrutiating pain I was suffering every month must be normal.

I've been TTC for years and when I finally got off the starting block my damn feet are tied together. If it had not been for the second vaginal scan just before EC I still wouldn't know I had a fluid filled tube and I still tried to cling to hope after being told that it had a very slim chance of working as the fluid in the tube was hostile to embryos.

So...the tears are stopping right now and the boxing gloves are going back on, any suggestions are most welcome girls.

I am now beaming all of my positive energy to each and every one of you and lets get this board filled with :BFP: s.

Love and hugs to you all!

Confused-You are in my prayers hun, hopefully everything will turn out ok.

Lainyxxx
Me 40 DH 35
Ist Two embies 26/05/10 OD 08/06/10 :BFN: Left Tube Clipped due to Hydrosalpinx 09/09/10
2nd IVF Two embies 15/11/10 OTD 29/11/10 :BFP: All over 24hrs later bigcloud 3rd IVF Two embies 24/02/11 OTD 09/03/11 :BFN: 04/07/11 Surprise Natural :BFP: MC 5weeks 5days :tear: Broken.

Tuesday, June 8th 2010, 8:22pm

oh lainy :hugs: i am so sorry hun, ive been keeping an eye for you today in here and in the jellybeans.

im so sorry to hear about your tube as well, i wish they would just get their finger out and get it removed for you so that you dont have to wait all these weeks before you can get started.

thanks for your prayers, you are an inspiration and dont lose sight of it, although it will be hard just now.

i am always here for you hun xxxxxx
Confused.com

Wednesday, June 9th 2010, 8:27am

Confused - OMG! I hope your ok. Please let me know how you get on today as soon as you can, Im in a tizzy now!!!

SIlver Lining - Aw pet Im so sorry. I was keeping an eye out ont he threads for you yesterday. I hope the hospital makes a quick decision on yuor tube issue. Dont give up hope yet thou.

Angel Mouse - Hi and welcome. Great result on the weight loss, and good luck for those last couple of pounds!

Pinkdaisy - hope you had a great birthday, and that DH spoiled you rotten xxxxx

Wednesday, June 9th 2010, 1:56pm

hey ladies :hi:

i still dont feel right. had my scan this morning (i wish they had done it in dumfries - 3 hours drive for a ten min appt!!) Claire says everything is fine, she said things like 11, 12, 14 and 13 - i am presuming thats the size of the follies. i told her about the pressure and pain in my left side, the sickness, headaches and the fact that i cant drink a whole bottle of water without needing the loo and he response was thats just the gonal for you! huummffft! i have been resting on the couch since ive got home and it seems to feel better if i am lying down which seems odd.
back up on friday and then monday for more scans, she says EC will probably be the middle to the end of next week. i hope this pain gives up soon cuz its really getting me down.

thanks for your concern, its really appreciated xx
Confused.com

Reg: Jun 8th 2010

Wednesday, June 9th 2010, 3:28pm

Hiya Confused,

I've been reading your recent posts and just wanted to let you know that I felt the same on my last cycle of ICSI. I was on gonal-f this time and for 5 days up to EC and 5 days after EC (past ET) I felt awful! I had unbelievable nausea, was eventually sick and generally, just felt crap. On my first cycle of ICSI I was on menopur and felt completely fine.

Hope you're feeling much better soon. I found myself really tired, low in energy and just slobbed in bed (couldn't even manage the couch) when I got in from work each night. Take care of yourself and try to get as much rest as possible, drink lots of water too.

Suzi

xx

ICSI#1 short protocol BFN 02/09/08
ICSI#2 long protocol BFN 19/05/10

Wednesday, June 9th 2010, 7:31pm

hey suzi, thanks so much for your post, its good to know thats its not all in my head! :loony:

im glad to hear you are feeling much better now on the menopur. are you getting treatment at the GRI? welcome to :FZ:

xxxxxx
Confused.com

Reg: Feb 9th 2009

Children: One precious little son born 2/2/10

Wednesday, June 9th 2010, 9:14pm

Lainy sorry for your result I hope that you are taking things easy and that you remember that we are all here for you. Confused sorry that you are feeling crap but here's hoping all goes well and that you have EC as expected and all is well.
Wee yin I hope that you enjoyed your drug free day and that all goes well tomorrow and that you get plenty of eggs. I will have everything crossed for you tomorrow.
Pinkdaisy hope that you had a great birthday and I hope that all goes well when you start your treatment next week.
Julz my thoughts are with you.
Angle mouse congrats on the weight loss, keep up the good work. I had to lose weight before I could start treatment and I managed to lose 2 1/2 stone prior to treatment so I know how hard it is. You just have to think what it is for and that keeps you motivated.
Hi to everyone else that I have missed. Hope that you are all well.
AFM we are getting on OK. Not long till back at work and I'm dreading it although I know it has to be done. Adam was weighed yesterday and he was 16lbs, so continues to grow at an alarming rate.

Christine xx

Keep happy and healthy xxx

Reg: Sep 15th 2009

Children: one DD from previous relationship

Wednesday, June 9th 2010, 10:03pm

:hi: folks,

Not been on in a good while, sorry :flowerbasket: , we've just had our first failed IVF and review appmt next Tuesday to find out more....

Confused - hope you're feeling better huney, especially after all that driving you've had : D

Happy Christine - Sorry to hear you're back at work soon and so pleased to hear Adam is putting on weight like a good wee boy :thumbsup

Lainy - gutted to see your news... i'm 40 on 1st January with a low AMH and feel like i have an urgency to start my next round of treatment. I'm sure we'll get the BFP's we deserve :cuddle

Angel Mouse - Wow mrs... well dun on the weight loss... u've dun a fantastic job and look forward to hearing all about your treatment at GRI. Sorry it didn't work out at GCRM but it will this time :)

Wee Yin - I laughed when i saw you'd posted you were a mad huffy cow :snigger: I read a quote out to my DH aaaaages ago when someone said they were like a dragon on crack and unfortunately it's stuck and DH said i was exactly like that!! Hope you're enjoyin your drug free day.... not long til Sat and ET. xfingers

Suzi, Wee Yin, Pink Daisy, Tracey and anyone else i've forgotten to mention..... big :hugs: wished to everyone

:xxx3: :xxx3: :xxx3:

MY DIARY

ttc for 3 years
Right oopherectomy 2006, Lap & dye April 2009
1st IVF April 2010 - 11 eggs, 1 fertilized :BFN: ;(
2nd IVF - August 2010 hopefully
Not Required - :BFP: au naturale 28 July 2010 :thumbsup:
1 :heart: seen 9, 11, 20 wks xfingers

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Puppy Luv" (Jun 9th 2010, 10:05pm)

Wednesday, June 9th 2010, 10:08pm

Weeyin - just wanted to wish you all the best for tomorrow....it'll be a breeze...just don't be telling them all your deep dark secrets when the sedative kicks in..it's sooooo easy to do!
Be thinking about ya!
Love to all - thanks for birthday wishes too, sorry not been on, just mega busy just now.
Night night.
xx

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Thursday, June 10th 2010, 7:23am

Good luck wee yin! X x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
Confused.com

Thursday, June 10th 2010, 9:01am

Hi Ladies - well I have just realised that af is now 7 days late but what are the chances on me getting a bfp after trying for such a long time, DH wants me to do a test but im not convinced, I keep thinking that af is due to arrive but nothing is happening - what would you do? ?( Surly the chances are nil of me getting preggers with DH's low sperm count but then again i suppose stranger things have happened..!!! :8o:
TTC since Dec 2006

Thursday, June 10th 2010, 9:59am

Angel mouse if I were you I would do a test then you know one way or the other. Miracles do happen. Good luck xxxxxxxxx

Julz

Ace

Thursday, June 10th 2010, 10:16am

Hi ladies,

Sorry for not being around, the last week has just been a bit mental.

Weeyin - good luck

Angel - I would test, happens to plenty of people and like Christine says miracles can happen

Pinkdaisy - sorry I missed your bday hope you had a good one.

Well we are off in just a few mins back to the acs for the second scan. Heart is beating a million miles a min, don't know whether to be hopeful or upset or what.Still doesn't feel real and in fact feels like we are going for the first one and I want to be excited. Just trying to be realistic it could go either way. Still not had any cramping (expect when I am gassy or need a poo!) or bleeding - but am still on the pessaries so don't know if that is preventing it. But sickness has gone away in the last few days.

If any of you have praying powers (and I'm not a religious person but now is when we really need a miracle.) I'd be grateful if you could say a little prayer that we just have a shy one and everything will be ok.

Love luck and babydust to all

Jxx

Julz

Ace

Thursday, June 10th 2010, 2:45pm

Well after being kept waiting nearly an hour we finally got taken in and they did a scan and sadly there has been no change. The sac has grown ever so slightly but not by enough and is actually dating 6+3. So it is the end of the road for us on this pregnancy. As you can imagine we are devastated. Can't quite believe that we had been so lucky after all this time and it has ended so quickly.

We are taking today to decide how we progress and if we opt for a natural miscarriage, medical or D&C. I think we will likely go with the D&C. I don't feel pregnant anymore and can't bare the though of this dragging on for weeks and not sure I can deal with all the bleeding and cramping and everything. At least this way we can get some closure.

I have asked about the next tx and they said at the review they now recommended ICSI as the last IUI sample was so low and apparently a lot of them were stuck together. But the dr did say that she would bring it up at the review that we did still get a BFP so would it be worth giving us our last shot. I'm not keen and would rather go back to ICSI but DH is hopeful for it and wants to get all out of the NHS that we pay our taxes for. But then we should be at the top of the ICSI list in Sept, fine, a couple natural cycles then get ready for it, but no of course, they would only call us up then and likely tx wouldn't start until the new year. It is just ridiculous! So we have decided that if they don't give us the IUI or if they do and it is unsuccessful that we will talk about going back to the GCRM.

I hope that none of you have to go through this, the reality is some will, some won't and some already have. Sending you all the best of luck with your TXs and hope that you all get sticky BFPs!

Jxx

Thursday, June 10th 2010, 5:46pm

Just a quick wee hello, as Im just heading for a wee nap.......

Well we got 10 eggs today which me and DH are both really pleased at. Just keeping our xfingers that they fertilise overnight. Have to phone hospital tomorrow morning for a progress report.

Angel Mouse - I really think you should a a test hon, you never know............................ xfingers xfingers

Julz - Im soooooo gutted for you. Now that I am finally goin thru this treatment and have a better understanding of all the processes, I just cant bring myself to imagine what you must be goin thru. The good thing is that you did get a BFP and so it means it could happen again, its not impossible for you both. Althou it might seem like a long way away for you to get started again, but it is prob best for your body, and for you to have a rest. I know its easy for me to say that, but the hospital also know whats best for you too. Whatever you decide hon, Im always thinking of you x [zx160]

Thanks everyone for wishing me luck today. lurve

Thursday, June 10th 2010, 8:01pm

wee yin I'm so pleased for you and I have everything crossed that they all fertilize and continue to grow. When is ET? I think you said Sat so if so I hope that all goes well and that you have some for the freezer as well.
Julz I have pm you.
AFM Adam had his first accident today. He fell off the bed but luckly seems to be fine. I felt really guilty but am ok now.

Christine xx

Thursday, June 10th 2010, 9:58pm

Hi everyone,

Weeyin - what a fantastic result - well done! How did you get on and how you feeling? Hope you are resting up and lounging on the sofa. Fingers crossed that they're getting jiggy as we speak and you get a great result tomorrow.

Julz - I'm so sorry to hear what an awful time you are going through, you must be exhausted with all the stress and emotion. Thinking of you as you try to decide your next path.
Lainy and Puppy Luv - sorry to hear your news too. Puppy Luv, I'm only 6 months younger than you so I know the pressure well.

Christine - try not to feel guilty, I know you would get a fright but I'm sure if you speak to any mum, the same thing will have happened to them - I know it happened to my sister and she felt awful but the little one was fine.
Confused - how are you feeling today? Good luck with your scan tomorrow. x

Right everyone we HAVE to start getting some positive outcomes on here soon. Angelmouse - give us some hope and do a test! Confused and Weeyin, it's down to you!
xx

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Friday, June 11th 2010, 9:49am

Still no sign of af and i cannot bring myself to do a test i think it might be this diet that i am doing it messes up your cycle but i have had 2 normal 28 day periods on the diet so why would things get messed up now ?o( I am now on day 36 of a 28 day cycle :faint:

I know i need to do a test soon as i am on a 450 calorie cambridge diet and i know this isnt good for a potential developing baby
TTC since Dec 2006

Friday, June 11th 2010, 10:38am

Morning Ladies, ok so Ive made the dreaded phone call to the hospital, and out of the 10 eggs, 9 were suitable and 7 have fertilised happydance gawd I was shaking like a leaf!!!

So we are back in tomorrow morning for ET. They have put me in a bit of a dilemma thou, apparantly because I am under 35 years of age, and the embryos are of good quality (she didnt give me the grades as they are waiting to see how they form today/tonite) I have the option to have 2 put back in. Now I dont know what to do!!!! I have always thought all my life that wouldnt it be amazing if we had twins, as I would think then that my family would be complete. Ive to phone the hopsital at 9am tomorrow morning to let them know.

What would you girls do if it was you???? My head is buzzing now :loony:

Confused - hope your doin good today, and get a date for ET xx

Angel Mouse - I really would do that test if I were you, cos If its a BFP, then you prob need to hange your diet. Plus all this worry wont do you any good.
Go On!!!! Im keeping everything crossed for you hon xfingers

Friday, June 11th 2010, 5:06pm

Hi Weeyin,

What a great result, well done!
If it were me I would say yes to two but because of my age they automatically put back two anyway. The way I look at it is that it ups the chance to 66% instead of 50% if that makes sense. Maybe I'm talking rubbish though! Will they freeze the others? I think knowing that will help you come to a decision. Good luck tomorrow!
Confused - how was you scan today? Feeling any better yet?
Angel Mouse - I think Weeyin is right - you're diet sounds quite severe and not good for you or a potential little one!! Do a test and let us know!! I'm usually 27-28 day cycle so if I was on day 35 I would be going mental! Wouldn't it be fab to get a BFP!
Off out to a work do tonight girls - catch you soon.
xx

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Julz

Ace

Friday, June 11th 2010, 5:27pm

Weeyin - it's such a hard decision. We were in the same position but we only had two and one wasn't great, the other one was grade 1 and perfect. They wanted us to only put one back because of my age (was 26) and they are under a lot of pressure to reduce multiple births. There is a website called one at a time (i think) that has a lot of information about single embryo transfer. I have always wanted twins but we were worried that although it increases the chances of a BFP it also increases chances of mc throughout the entire pregancy, increases the chance of preterm labour and thus problems with the los when they arrive. So there is a lot to weigh up. We decided that we would give the one embryo it's best chance and just put one back.

In saying that we didn't get a BFP on that cycle and there is nothing to say that the other one might have been a fighter and might have hung on, and I have to say now having been through it and a failed IUI and now a mc. If I were to be in that position again I would put two back. I think the important thing is that you have to be happy with your decision and once you make it, stick to it. Undoubtedly whatever you decide you will always wonder what would have been if you had gone the other way. But hopefully either way you will have some that can become ice babies in case it doesn't work out. Good luck! and remember to take it easy afterwards.

AFM - I am booked in for pre-op assessment on Monday and D&C on Tuesday. I have been signed off until te 21st for the moment and will see then how I am feeling. DH and I went out today and bought a bay tree and our ornament (which incidently glows in the dark!) and have planted it and put it in the garden and said our goodbyes. It is beautiful and we will always have it to remind us of the short time that we had being mummy and daddy. Hoping that things don't start to happen naturally before Tuesda,don't think I could bare it. They have also booked me in for a follow up for after the D&C at the ACS to discuss what we do next.

Sorry for all the glum news. Hope you are all well and wishing you all the best of luck.

Jxx

Friday, June 11th 2010, 7:20pm

WEEYIN!!!!!! 7 eggs!! wooohoooo!!! oh am so chuffed for you!!!! i will have everything xfingers - even my eyes for you tomorrow!! hahaha, oh god thats brill, i cant stop smiling for you!! if it was me - and hopefully it will be on tuesday, i would go for 2. this journey has been so hard i dont want to come back again and i would love twins (taking account of all the options).

julz, i am so sorry you have been through all this, the thought of the tree to plant in the garden will give you the chance to grieve and move forward with whatever you decide. you should take all the time you need, you and your DH come first without worrying about work or anyone else.

well ladies ACS was running well late today!! i was ontime for my appt at 10.30am and didnt get out to the car until 12 noon!! the room was heaving and ann the nurse was saying that they normally scan and then do bloods but they were trying to speed it up and do the bloods first, me and another woman got called up 3 times after our bloods for them to just send us straight back to the all ready heaving waiting room when they realised we already had our bloods - a few times times i had to negotiate round the assault course in the room just to get the last remaining seat!!!

well enough about the drama, i got scanned and i have 14 - yes 14 follicles on my right ovary!! i have one 17, a few 16's and the majority are 15 and 14, i cant remember how many were on the left, she was yapping ten to the dozen but she did remind me if i got more than 20 eggs i wouldnt be getting a fresh transfer this cycle. booked in for EC on Tuesday and she says i am 3rd on the list, gawd to be there for 8.30am we will be leaving at 6.45am!!

i am so happy but at the same time i dont want anymore than 19 eggs!! i would be gutted if i couldnt get a fresh transfer next week.

hope everyone is okay xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Confused.com

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "*confused.com*" (Jun 11th 2010, 7:23pm)

Reg: Apr 29th 2010

Saturday, June 12th 2010, 4:07pm

WAS IN HOSPITAL(SEVERE OHSS)

Hey all hope you all mised me ended up rushed into hosptal next day after EC 1/6/10 ,hav been in hopital since just got out today,i am still really sore have gained around a stone in fluid in the past week couldnt even move from hospital bed,now im moving and just need 2 wait till fluid goes soon,back up at acs on wed for bloods etc,has been really scary Dr lyall was worried 2 as my kidneys etc went funny 2, have 2 say every1 at asc has been brill with me,was so glad 2 be home as nearly 2 weeks in still realy sore and massive,i must say was so shocked how bad its been and how severe i got it i wouldnt wish it on any1 xxxxxxx

On a brighter note well remember at EC i got 28 eggs well 23 fertilzed so have 23 embys waiting for me xxxxxx

Thinking of you all xxxxxx

Saturday, June 12th 2010, 6:30pm

News just in lol............PUPO with 2 embies on board !!!!
So when I phoned the hospital this morning, only 2 of our embies had survived the night, so the decision was made for us there really about having 2 put back in. Unfortunately it just means we have none frozen, but hey, Im hoping that we never need to go down that route xfingers xfingers
The 2 were graded 8/10 and 9/10 and they have both divided into 4 cells by the time we got to the hospital ( one was only a 2 cell when I phoned) I think thats what she said anyway, I was taken aback by the fact only 2 survived that everything else she said just went over my head a bit!

So its just the dreaded 2ww and the horrible pessaries to deal with now. :snigger:

OTD is 25th June

Tracey OMG !!!!! Are you ok??? I noticed you hadnt been on here for a while, but I thought maybe you were just taking a break from all this. Are you gonny b ok to go on holiday??
Great news thou about the embies. I hope you feel better soon, and make sure DH treats you like a princess :cuddle

Confused - hope you follies havent grown any more - and I mean that in a good way if you know what I mean. The 2 of us are doin this together [zx127]

Saturday, June 12th 2010, 9:38pm

Hey tracey god what an awful time u have had! I just assumed u wre taking a break from all things ttc, hope u recovry soon hun!

Oh weeyin I hope the 25th flies in for u!! I'm sorry u only had the two bt at least it made the decison easir about how many to put bk. How ws et? I imagine it will be the same way as I had iui bt a bit more refine haha.

I have been reading on another thread that drinking milk an eating brazilnuts is recommend. Milk is a breeze bt nt keen on the Brazils - is chocolate covered Brazils the same? Haha a ken am a numpty!! Last injection tomoro and booster at 9pm drug free on Monday! Wooohoooo! Going 2c ma quack on monday too to talk about work.

Feeling really tired tonight so heading to bed in a min, nite all XXXXXXXX
Confused.com

3 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

3 guests