Unread posts

LISAW

• "LISAW" started this thread

Reg: Mar 17th 2009

Children: Our little miracle Ethan born 28/02/2010

Sunday, June 13th 2010, 9:41am

Painful ovaries

Hi All,

My DS was born 3 1/2 months ago after a sucessful ICSI cycle. Due to PO my periods were very irregular (70 day cycle would be normal!) however post pregnancy my last 2 have been every 4 weeks. The thing is, the week before it arrives I get pains in my ovaries and they feel just like they did towards the end of stimms? Has anyone else experienced this? Is it normal post IVF?

Any advise would be great.

Thanks

:BFP: Jun 09

• "angels&babies" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 26th 2008

Children: Annalise Joy Morrison born December 2009 from 2nd ICSI.........4 Snow Babies on ice,x

Sunday, June 13th 2010, 1:35pm

Hi Lisa,

I am experiencing the exact same thing right now and my little girl is 6 months old this Wednesday.
I was lucky to get pregnant after our 2nd ICSI and I did ask my GP the other day about any correlation between having egg collections and ovulation pain - he had no answers (what a surprise!).

It might be worth mentioning to your GP so they can examine you and make their own judgement on it to be on the safe side.
Dependant on how bad the pain is, you could try some simple painkillers - maybe speak with your pharmacist.
The other option you have is to possibly go on the pill for a wee while which would obviously stop ovulation - again, not ideal.

My guess is that you might have some scar tissue there which maybe gets irritated when the ovaries swell. At least, that's what I surmise about my own situation. I am a nurse myself so am naturally inquisitive about things like this anyway.

I hope what I've said has helped although it's not helpful that you still have this pain I know.
Mine seems to go down my legs at the back and is in my lower back and lower left side at the front.

2nd ICSI March 2009 :BFP:
4 Top Grade 1 Frosties in Waiting for next time!
bab21
My Diary

Reg: Mar 28th 2009

Children: 2 boys

Monday, June 14th 2010, 12:25am

hmm i know what you mean as i have a similar pain at certain times o the month. ive always been on a 28 day cycle and had no probs til havin my 2nd son (naturally) after him i keep getting a pain at a certain time n the doc put it down to ovulation....mention it to your gp to be certain. the body is weird thing. my thyroid has just packed up...it was okay before! lol im on thyroxine now..indefinately apparently ho hum

LISAW

• "LISAW" started this thread

Reg: Mar 17th 2009

Children: Our little miracle Ethan born 28/02/2010

Monday, June 14th 2010, 8:57pm

Thanks Lisa and Poppit for your replies, I will mention it to my doctor and see what he says...will prob get no answer but will ask anyway.

Lisa, my pain is also on the left and in my back. I will try painkillers as it is so uncomfortable it keeps me awake at night.

Thanks again x

:BFP: Jun 09

• "angels&babies" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 26th 2008

Children: Annalise Joy Morrison born December 2009 from 2nd ICSI.........4 Snow Babies on ice,x

Monday, June 14th 2010, 9:11pm

You are very welcome, Lisa [zx127]
Just to ask too (I know it's a bit personal) are your bowels working as they should?
Sometimes at ovulation and also period time, you can be a bit constipated and I think that can have a bearing on how much pain you are in too. Might be worth having something gentle like Senna or Fybogel around that time too to keep you regular,x

2nd ICSI March 2009 :BFP:
4 Top Grade 1 Frosties in Waiting for next time!
bab21
My Diary