You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 12 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

• "gizzi13" started this thread

Reg: Apr 15th 2009

Children: i'm the local cat lady!!!!

Tuesday, April 20th 2010, 7:57pm

5 week AF with pcos!!

currently on week 5 of AF!!! this is so frustrating!!! i went years without one and now i can't get it to go away!!!! Apparently i don't even ovulate!!!! So there are no good times to be had and DH getting frustrated too!!!!

Had a gastric band fitted 5 weeks ago so had quite a bit of weight loss with that - 1 and a half stone so far!!!

Has anyone been pregnant with a band fitted?

Any advice most welcome!!!

:xxx3: starsmile

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Me 28- DH 28 [zx151] (no issues)
Diagnosed with PCOS 1996
TTC since 2006
HSG 2007 - tubes clear
Clomid 100mg - No OV = :BFN:
treatment stopped due to weight
June 2010 Clomid 100mg+ Provera +metformin 850mg :BFN:

:angel2: babydust :sticky:

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, April 21st 2010, 12:49pm

Hiya!

Sorry I've not replied sooner!!!

Firstly well done with the massive weightloss!! Thats fabulous!!

I'm so sorry you're having AF for 5 weeks!! Have you been to see your GP?

I've had a look online at people with a gastric band and it seems that quite a few PCOS'ers do have bands fitted to help with weightloss. However I've been unable to find if anyone has had a longer AF because of it.

I know that weightloss has a massive affect on fertility, so it could be that your mega weightloss has made your hormones change which could be why you're having such a long AF.

Obviously I'm not a doctor so I don't know for sure but I would definately reccomend speaking to your GP or cons.

Are you still taking clomid??

:hugs:

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Wednesday, April 21st 2010, 12:54pm

Hiya, hun
I can't advise on the Gastric band part of your post but I can confirm that long AF is something that does occur with PCOS. I had one cycle where I bled continuously for almost 3 months - that was not weight loss related and both the GP and the gynae just shrugged and said - "oh well, it's the PCOS - if you want to avoid the irregular cycles and long bleeds go on the pill"
At the time I was not TTC so I did indeed go onto the pill. Just recently I had a longer than usual AF - lasted about 11 days where my usual is about 5 days. Again it was shrugged off as PCOS's nasty hormonal imbalances.

Hope your weight loss continues and that you will get your BFP as a result...

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Reg: May 2nd 2007

Children: A boy and a girl, both living in London

Wednesday, April 21st 2010, 1:21pm

Hi from me also,

I would suspect that it would not be advisable to become pregnant whilst fitted with your gastric band, but with your very impressive weight loss so far you might be able to have this removed in advance of ttc. As has been said, odd, long and erratic periods do appear in most women from time to time, and it may be related to your rapid weight loss. Being under weight as you know is very likely to affect hormones and the cycle. Rapid weight loss even though you are still overweight, in the short term, can have sometime have the same effect as being underweight in this respect. However a five week bleed can wear you out physically and emotionally - if it does not stop over the next week then you should talk to your consultant or GP about this.

Good luck in the meatime with TTC.

Paul
Fertility Scientist and Andrologist
Fertility Counsellor, Holistic Therapist and Hypnotherapist
Providing Fertility Information, Assessment and Enhancement.
Natural family planning teacher.

• "gizzi13" started this thread

Reg: Apr 15th 2009

Children: i'm the local cat lady!!!!

Monday, June 14th 2010, 8:29pm

hiya

thanks for all of your advice, my gp and fertility doc just seem to shrug it off as to be expected. my af lasted for about 9 weeks before it finally stopped - thank god!!!

i don't know whats being going on in my body lately, my facial hair has gotten a lot worse as well as my hair on my head falling out quite rapily now too!! again gp puts this down to my obesity and pcos.

i feel sometimes the doc just automatically uses pcos and being overweight as the reason for everything!!!! i even feel quite firmly believe that my weight and pcos is the reason for the recession!!!!!

melodramatic i know but i'm just feeling really down. no timeline yet for restarting clomid !!

Me 28- DH 28 [zx151] (no issues)
Diagnosed with PCOS 1996
TTC since 2006
HSG 2007 - tubes clear
Clomid 100mg - No OV = :BFN:
treatment stopped due to weight
June 2010 Clomid 100mg+ Provera +metformin 850mg :BFN:

:angel2: babydust :sticky: