You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

roxy7

Star

• "roxy7" started this thread

Reg: Dec 1st 2008

Children: DS born 11/06

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 8:50pm

Settling breastfeeding twins to sleep at bedtime

At the moment the only way I can get my two settled at night is by getting them on pillows and tandem feeding them to sleep. Once they're asleep, I lay one either side of me in bed and feed on demand as each wakes, hoping they don't do so at the same time. Surely there's an easier way!

DP isn't in a position to help out apart from getting them on the feeding pillows initially as he is still co sleeping in another room with our 3 yr old! He won't go to bed alone yet and we can't afford to repeat this approach with two babies!

I couldn't do any form of controlled crying - hearing them cry drives me nuts and keeps the other sibs awake.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

TIA

Me 41, DP 42
Diagnosis PCOS and old age!
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
FET 08/09 :BFP:
cs booked for 20/04/10

Mavis

MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 10:55pm

I don't think I can help, but I just want to say what you are doing is AMAZING!
M

x

roxy7

Star

Wednesday, September 8th 2010, 2:25am

Aw, thanks Mavis. At least I now feel better for the encouragement ;)

I couldn't do it without a totally supportive DP - we're currently both awake at 2am. Me feeding and he trying to stop windy other twin from waking the other two....

R x

Me 41, DP 42
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
cs booked for 20/04/10

Reg: Mar 17th 2008

Children: Twins!

Saturday, September 11th 2010, 12:22pm

Hi Roxy

Not sure if I can help, but didn't want to read and run and really do admire you for still managing to exclusively BF your twins.

I've been mixed feeding since about day 3 because my milk didn't come in for about 10 days and my hefty twins are really greedy. In the beginning, I gave them as much breast as I could (tandem) and then topped up every feed with a bottle of formula. I managed to keep up the BF at night until week 3 when DH went back to work and stopped doing nights with me, so I give mine bottle only at night now because it's easier and my MIL is around to help speed things up with the night feeds. If your babies are able to switch between bottle and breast (my midwife said this is fine as long as they are established suckers and you use a soft teat bottle), then maybe you can try bottle feeding them at night with expressed milk?

Keep up the good work - I am still super impressed!!
* Emma * :smile:
TTC 8 yrs PCOS - Clomidx10 - IVFx3
Nov 2009 Last try: Short protocol ICSI - wonderful BFP!!! -
TWINS!!
: D

Germany

Reg: Nov 12th 2007

Children: Twin boys born April '10 thanks to ICSI

Friday, September 24th 2010, 10:18pm

Have things got any easier Roxy? We had problems settling Lukas for a while, sometimes DH would carry him around to sleep if he got upset. Although he's sometimes still difficult, we put him on his tummy which works, then turn him over once he's asleep (anyone reading this later, my twins are 5 months old at the time of writing, didn't do this when he was tiny) . Finn settles with a dummy but doesn't always need it. Hope things are a bit better now.

4x IUI
Mar 08 IVF BFN
Jun 08 ICSI BFN
Sep 08 ICSI BFN
Oct 08 FET BFN
Apr 09 ICSI brief BFP
Aug 09 ICSI :BFP:

Me 40, DH 38

Our dream came true,

Lukas and Finn were born 13/04/10 at 36w6d biggrin2
My diary

roxy7

Star

Monday, October 11th 2010, 4:38pm

Hey guys. Still EBF but now on the Baby Whisperer routine, feeding four hourly, not on demand, and it's getting easier - thank heavens!

Me 41, DP 42
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
cs booked for 20/04/10

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE