You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Sa-Leanne" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 22nd 2008

Children: 2 Beautiful Babies. One of Each!

Tuesday, October 12th 2010, 10:32pm

Does anyone know where I can find my Libido again?

I don't know if i am posting this in the right place?

Before DS and DD arrived I had a very high sex drive and DP's was almost not existant. Since I had DS and DD 16 months ago all was fine originally.

About 6 months ago i went for the depo injection (to help with endo) and my sex drive plumeted to nothing!

Since then I did not go back for my next depo injection, not taking any contraception at all but my sex drive has not come back!

I want it back, am I alone?? :sadface:
bab15 bab16 Sa-Leanne xx

Fi'smum

United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 14th 2009

Children: 2 dd 1978 ds 1980 And 1 gorgeous granddaughter 2010 and a handsome grandson 2012

Wednesday, October 13th 2010, 12:38am

Hi Sa-Leanne,
With 16 month old twins to look after, you're probably tired at the end of the day, which could be one reason. Also, you're not using any contraception, and if you're subconsciously worried that you'll get pregnant while the twins are so young, that could lower your sex drive considerably. Have you not [zx084] for a while? Sometimes when you don't for any length of time, you get to the stage where you can't be bothered. Maybe none of these things apply to you, but it was just a thought.
If your loss of sex drive was a side effect of the depo, it should be well out of your system by now.
It's very common for women to be less interested in sex when their children are young, but it's usually temporary. :)

• United Kingdom

Wednesday, October 13th 2010, 8:27am

Thanks again Chris,
Yeah we have done the deed but not very often at all, roles have reversed, he wants it and i dont.
I guess you may have hit the nail on the head, not scared of getting pregnant! Maybe scared of not getting pregnant, that could be it!
My babies are young so i am pretty tired i guess! My DP is always nagging me how deprived he is that does not help!
I hope it is temporary thanks for the advice x
bab15 bab16 Sa-Leanne xx

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Saturday, October 16th 2010, 10:29am

Hi Sa-Leanne,

Unfortunately a recognised side effect of the depo injection is reduced or non existant sex drive (it's sometimes referred to as chemical castration because of this effect). Follwing the injection hormone levels can take 9-10 months to return so I'm afraid it might take this long for your labido to follow suit. If it's still absent by the 10 month mark then go to your gp who will be able to test your blood for vitamin and mineral problems as well as hormonal ones.

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09
Natural BFP DS2 born Sept 11

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Saturday, October 16th 2010, 4:44pm

hi sa-leanne.

unfortunately it is down to time and not feeling so exhausted all the time. just wanted to let you know you are not alone. cos when you do eventually find yours, let me know where it was and i mght stand a chance of finding mine lol

xxxx
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

• United Kingdom

Saturday, October 16th 2010, 6:44pm

Grace - Thank you, i find it odd that when i was on depo before i was fine, but since having the Prince and Princess i had it again and this is the reaction, well i guess hormone are all different once you have had a baby, or two. Well i have done about 3 months with it not in my system so only 6-7months to go.

thejadematthews - I guess i dont really appreciate how tired i actually get, I have told the other half if he wants sex he will have to do the 12 feeds a day, the 10 nappy changes, the cooking and cleaning and washing then i may well be in the mood.

Thanks girls for your time, response and advice, from what you are all saying its a temporary thing, just how temporary is unknown

Thanks again
bab15 bab16 Sa-Leanne xx

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Sunday, October 24th 2010, 5:06pm

well done you - i've told mine if i never have it again it will be too soon! lol xxx
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

• United Kingdom

Sunday, October 24th 2010, 9:54pm

lol thejadematthews. x
bab15 bab16 Sa-Leanne xx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE