You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

lulu27

• "lulu27" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "lulu27" started this thread

Reg: Mar 11th 2006

Monday, April 16th 2007, 11:48am

Silly Comments

Being a Twin Parent you have to learn to get used to all the attention that your babies will attract which the majority of the time is wonderful, however sometimes people say the silliest things that I just cant help getting wound up about!!!! In the last few weeks I've had these said to me,

Two babies, rather you than me!!!!
Two boys??? (when Ruby is head to toe in pink)

this has to be my favourite, in Tesco yesterday buying some medicine and the pharmacist said to me are they twins?? so I said yes, then pointed to Ruby and said is she the older one??? and I just laughed and said yes, so she said yes you can see that, what I wanted to say was yes but only by 1 minute, I mean how could she possibly tell that she was the older one!!!!

Has anybody else had any silly comments???, and can anyone tell me of any good comebacks????

KIRSTY G

Reg: Sep 27th 2006

Children: 7 year old little man, and B/G twins

Monday, April 16th 2007, 11:53am

RE: Silly Comments

I'm dreading this ... why do people feel that they can say what they like without thinking?

I had someone ask me the other day if I knew what we were having, so I said a girl and a boy ... to which they said are they identical ... "No" I said, "one will have a penis" :rolleyes:

Idiots .... ?(

Saz

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Monday, April 16th 2007, 11:53am

Some people just don't think before they speak!

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Monday, April 16th 2007, 11:55am

RE: Silly Comments

Quoted

Originally posted by KIRSTY GI had someone ask me the other day if I knew what we were having, so I said a girl and a boy ... to which they said are they identical ... "No" I said, "one will have a penis" :rolleyes:

laugh1

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Monday, April 16th 2007, 11:56am

lulu - gosh we're a sensitive lot, arent we?! :D wait until you get "are they walking yet?" hahhahaha!

anyway - to be fair - you could have been babysitting one of them.... ok - the pink / girl thing is silly

and is Ruby bigger physically or smaller physically enough to be noticed in size? could be where the "she came first" comment came from?

and let's face it - apart from those of us who have had trouble TTC, for most folks twins is a nightmare not a dream! ;) :D Personally, I have trouble enough carrying one - I really wouldnt prefer to have twins over a single!

lulu27

Monday, April 16th 2007, 12:01pm

Oh yes you'll continue to get that once they are here, it usually goes something like are they twins?? yes, one of each?? yes are they identical!!! I did however watch a programme that said identical boy/girl twins can happen but it's very rare so now I just try and baffle them with science!!!

Dont let me scare you though Kirsty the lovely comments make you swell with pride, an old lady stopped me in the supermarket and said I want to swap trollies with you so I can have you beautiful babies, and then said I dont know how you manage to come out with them, if they were mine i'd stay in all day and cuddle them!!!! how sweet,

Children: Twin Girls

Monday, April 16th 2007, 12:04pm

hi Lulu!

get use to it it doesn't ever go away, I love people stopping me it happens every day but some comments, I think, you stupid person!

Girl & Boy....errrr no, firstly they are wearing pink, they do not look like boys!
must be such hard work compaired to one, errr yes very!but I wouldn't change them. I don't need to do it again as have 2 perfect babies!

she looks older than this one, yes by 1 minute just because shes a little bigger (Daisy) a minute as if that makes a big difference!

BUT, I do agree when you have one baby it's easy compaired to two, & my friends do say they couldn't cope with twins, but anyone could if I can!

I did get this old dear last year say to me girl & boy & I was a bit abrupt, she said sorry I've upset you, "yes, I said you have they are two girls can you not see boys do not wear pink tights & skirts"!!!!

Everyone stops me, everyone knows M&D where I live in every shop they love watching them grow.

but sometimes people just think before theyopen their fat gobs!!

Very funny KIRSTY!!!! they say to me they are not identical are they, errrr do they look it, they are completely different!

the joys of being a twin mummy lulu.

xxx
PCOS
TTC 7 Yrs
2nd IVF - Blastocyst Embies
unbelievable BFP & TWINS!!
Now have beautiful twin girls

My family is now finally complete.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "lisaw2308" (Apr 16th 2007, 12:05pm)

lulu27

Monday, April 16th 2007, 12:08pm

Hi sunshine, Ruby is only 6 ounces bigger but does look bigger so that's probably why she thought she was the older one!!!! And as for carrying 2 the good thing was that I didn't know any different so having twins and twin parenting is as normal for me as parenting a single baby for others. I've a few friends that have twins and we all say that it's actually quite easy, having said that this might not be the case when they are both mobile and running in different directions!!!!!!!

lulu27

Monday, April 16th 2007, 12:10pm

Need to change above post to not easy but not as hard as people might imagine!!! x

kski

Ace

Reg: Mar 26th 2006

Monday, April 16th 2007, 12:52pm

Having twins

and sat oppostie a lady who is one of twins

she related the follwo ing -
at school ( 16 yrs old )

She and Brother won a prize -

The headmaster asked if they were identical -
Her reply was
" no I've got tits and he has a willy "

In front of the school assembley -

Hope the head wasn't a Biology teacher !

k
DAD to twins

KIRSTY G

Reg: Sep 27th 2006

Children: 7 year old little man, and B/G twins

Monday, April 16th 2007, 1:23pm

Quoted

Originally posted by kski
Having twins

and sat oppostie a lady who is one of twins

she related the follwo ing -
at school ( 16 yrs old )

She and Brother won a prize -

The headmaster asked if they were identical -
Her reply was
" no I've got tits and he has a willy "

In front of the school assembley -

Hope the head wasn't a Biology teacher !

k

I'm gonna teach my 2 to say that !!!

I honestly don't think I have had one positive thing said to me about them being twins :rolleyes: Always the "rather you than me" or "how will you cope?"

I'm delighted to be having twins, and am genuinely excited about them arriving .... stuff 'em all ....

Reg: Feb 13th 2006

Monday, April 16th 2007, 1:33pm

OMG rather you than me

OOOh are they identical

Mmmmm is the one in Pink a boy

Oh isnt the one in blue sooo pretty just like her mummy

oh theydont look anything like you do they

:D :D :D :D :D

kski

Ace

Monday, April 16th 2007, 1:44pm

I hope they look like their Mum !

K
:D
DAD to twins

Children: Twin Girls

Wednesday, April 18th 2007, 8:43pm

:D Lulu,

How old are your twins, still newborn???

It's not easy having twins in my opinion, OMG can't believe I'm hearing that! it's easy when they are newborn, they don't do anything & you can go shopping as they sleep all day! when they get older it's more of a challenge when they start crawling & then you go to mother & toddler groups or anywhere it's harder, none of my twin friends have never said it's easy!

I was in tesco y'day & some old bag said "ooohhhh double trouble" I said no they are not they are very good twins not all babies/children/twins are trouble!

I really think I'm too sensitive!
PCOS
TTC 7 Yrs
2nd IVF - Blastocyst Embies
unbelievable BFP & TWINS!!
Now have beautiful twin girls

My family is now finally complete.

Reg: Oct 1st 2005

Wednesday, April 18th 2007, 10:07pm

I have enjoyed every minute of my two, i too haven't found it particularly hard work!!! Some of the things that drive me mad is are they identical err no ones a boy and ones a girl?? then thay say but they can be identical can't they errr no they would both have willies!!!!!!! Double trouble.....NO double the fun/love!!! And i bet thats hard work.....errr only as hard as you make it, we have fun!!!
Mum of 3 year old twins.
Had ICSI worked first time

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get!!

Reg: Dec 23rd 2005

Friday, May 11th 2007, 10:22pm

coming in late here, but I agree with all of you...

My favourite was this old doris who said "rather you than me", Mads quickly turned around and said, "good job they're mine then isnt it" and walked off!

The are they identical is a classic...especially now as Ben is considerably bigger than Lola.

and as for the people who say "I have enough trouble managing with one", we simply tell them we have nothing to compare it with and our babies are absolute dreams. Whilst calling them a f-in wuss and looking for the folk who coo over our babies..

although you can always tell the women who have twins themselves, or had them a while ago, I remember one woman who broke down and cried...we knew instantly she had had twins...in fact, she had 3 sets of twins!! I now see why she was crying!
Male Factor - Bilateral Absence of Vas Deferens

angel

Reg: May 10th 2007

Children: twin boys born 92 at 40wks+3 days,7lb2 and 8lb2

Saturday, May 12th 2007, 10:10pm

:D

wait till they get to school...lol and try and swap names

mine at 15 still do it to they teachers

one time that did get us really mad was they first year in school a boy told one of the teachers that one of the lads had hit him, so the teachers said which one and the boy could not tell them apart so the teacher told them both off X(

another one is for me they never get called by they names is always "the boys" or "the twins" they have names for god sake

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "angel" (May 12th 2007, 10:10pm)

Sunday, May 13th 2007, 12:25pm

yes, although ours are boy girl twins, they are still called the twins, or the babies and they couldn't be more different!

fairy

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 16th 2006

Location: depend's which room my twins have decided to vanish to!

Children: We have two VERY precious miracles! Twin girl/boy!

Sunday, May 13th 2007, 12:28pm

Awwww they are gorgeous Andy smile2

Edited to say: You can defo see a difference between them, you can defo see one is a lovely lil girl and the other a gorgeous lil boy :yes:

Me 30, DF 36
Ella-Louise and Ayden were born 24th December 2008 (11 weeks early) - Our family is now complete ... So we thought! A new bundle is on it's way! EDD 27th August 2012!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "fairy" (May 13th 2007, 12:29pm)

Sunday, May 13th 2007, 12:49pm

they are..thankyou..

Reg: Jul 30th 2006

Monday, May 14th 2007, 2:35pm

What cuties!

Ah, the things I have to look forward to! Only one dodgy comment so far - a male friend, who knew what we'd been through to get pregnannt, left a message (on my voicemail no less) wishing me congratulations - but before taking another breath told me that he wouldn't wish twins on his worst enemy. Nice! I haven't called back (think I might have to learn to be a tad less touchy)

I know twins will be hard work but having nothing to compare it to I'm sure I'll do what we all do and just get on with it. Given that I am infertile and any baby is a miracle for me, I feel doubly blessed to be having two and wouldn't want it any other way (remind me of this in a years time!).

The other comments are, gosh twins, whos responsible for that? (meaning which side of the familly). We answer Mohammed Taranissi which generally leaves them confused but quiet!
Me 35, DH 31 [zx075]
Bilateral hydrosalpinges discovered May 06
Bilateral salpingectomy June 06
1st IVF August 06 BFN
2nd IVF January 07 BFP Twins!!

kski

Ace

Monday, May 14th 2007, 2:53pm

Suzy

ditoo to the above -

When people ask about names - I reply hmmmm--- Mohamed or abdulla for the boy - Then Mrs K hits me -

We joke about having egyptian babies !!!

You must have been Going up to ARGC for Treatment during the panorama - thing
what was that like and what was the mood in the clinic -
Only had a Script to pick up - but felt v sorry for the patients that were there !

You can pm oon that

PS Kirbs - Where you been man !
DAD to twins

Polly Pocket

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Monday, May 14th 2007, 3:04pm

Beautiful babies Andy, you must be so proud!! It looks like Lola is fast growing up to be the perfect woman with a phone in her hand!! :D

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

Sunday, May 20th 2007, 9:42am

a lady yesterday came out with the top three in the space of a minute...

"so, are they identical"

"no, he has a penis"

"oh, twins eh, poor you"

and

"twins in the family"

"no, I have a deficient reproductive system"

lmao

soon shuts them up!

Torisen

Reg: Jan 1st 2006

Sunday, May 20th 2007, 9:52am

My sister even get that from doctors! Her twins are 1 boy and one girl and they (doctors!!!!!) still manages to ask:
"Are they identical?"
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006
BF DS 10 months 3 weeks and 5 days
FET 11/07, ICSI 12/07 (ABANDONED), ICSI 2/08, IUI 5/08 - BFN
Clomid IUI 7/08 BFP MC a twin... again :(

Sunday, May 20th 2007, 10:08am

although technically you CAN get identical boy girl twins, when the man has 2x and 1y choromosomes, the sperm contains 3 sex chromosomes.

When the egg splits, one takes XX and the other takes XY resulting in identically looking boy girl twins, but this is INCREDIBLY rare...

therefore the doctor is still a muppet lmao

kski

Ace

Sunday, May 20th 2007, 10:12am

People wonder why We little faith in the system ?

There should be an FZ MD Fert qualification !

k

Wow a post with no typos ! first for me
DAD to twins

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "kski" (May 20th 2007, 10:21am)

Sunday, May 20th 2007, 10:18am

HAHA ..lf only you'd given up there and not raved about the lack of typos!!

"Wow a post with now typos ! first for me"

kski

Ace

Sunday, May 20th 2007, 10:22am

Quoted

Originally posted by andykirbster
HAHA ..lf only you'd given up there and not raved about the lack of typos!!

"Wow a post with now typos ! first for me"

Irony !!!!!!!!!
lmao
DAD to twins

Hyacinth

Reg: May 6th 2008

Children: Twin girls born May 2010

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 2:12pm

:snigger: I am so glad I found this thread. our girls do attract a lot of attention, the majority is quite nice, but there are some that think its ok to ask very personal questions. One woman came up to me in town and came out with the standard "are they identical?" (no they're not), "Are they a boy and a girl?" (they are both head to toe in pink!) "Do twins run in your family?" (No they don't) "Oh, right so you had IVF then" (I say no I did'nt, I had ovulation induction with timed [zx084] so I'm not lying by saying I did'nt have IVF) the woman then went on to say, " are they natural or fertility?" I say yes i did have various fertility assisting drugs the woman says "thought so!" and walks off chuckling away to herself! :mood:
Me: PCOS DH: SA normal

Oct 08 - March 09 = 6x cycles of Clomid all :BFN:

started Ovulation Induction

June 09:Menapur 75 and Pregnyl - :BFN:

July 09: Menapur 150 and Pregnyl - :BFN:
Oct 2009 :Menapur 150 + 225 and Pregnyl - :BFP: :girl: :girl:

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 2:17pm

Good god, how rude!
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE