You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Ros

Megastar

• "Ros" started this thread

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Tuesday, March 1st 2011, 12:52pm

A question for all twin mums considering trying again

Hello ladies,

This is a bit of a silly question perhaps but it's on my mind so I thought I'd throw it out there to see if anyone else is thinking the same as me?!
I love being a Mum and I constantly think about giving my one frostie a chance but the question is when is best?
If I try (and am successful) before my girls can walk would I need a tripple buggy? Or am I missing something?
At what age can most children go for a walk without a buggy (I need to dog walk most days)?

Is there anyone out there with twins and a new baby? How do they get out and about?!
Thank you x

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Tuesday, March 1st 2011, 1:22pm

Hiya Ros

I'm not quite in the same position as I had a single baby first(age 2.5 when the twins were born) and then my twins! So prob not much help (!)but my DD1 gave up her buggy just after she turned 2,she was and is a good walker and likes walking.I'd say some toddlers may use the buggy up to 3 years.I suppose if you are going on long walks though the twinnies may not be quite so keen to walk all the way!

You could get a buggy board that fixes on the back of the buggy,and they could maybe take it in turns,although I'm not sure what age you can use them from though? You can get little seats that fix on the back as well.I have also seen a lady use a double buggy and it has a seat on the front also (I should think it cost quite a lot!).

I wish you lots of luck with your frostie,fingers crossed for you that you may have the problem of transporting 3 Lo's!

xxxxx
[zx076] BEAUTIFUL 4 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER [zx076]

JENSQUI

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Tuesday, March 1st 2011, 8:54pm

not a parent of multiples so I am not really any help.....but one of my nieces was still going in the buggy for some of the time on long walks until just before she was 4.

I guess if you are having a singleton after twins then a carrier/sling for the little one is an option for when you are walking alone with them, or, as csam suggests, a buggy board with the girls taking turns.

xx

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

Ros

Megastar

Wednesday, March 2nd 2011, 11:23am

Thanks for your replies Csam and Jens, there isn't an easy solution then unless I wait a year or two before going for FET :(
It would be quite some time before they could stand a long way on a buggy board I guess. I'll see how well they are walking by the end of the year.
Ideally I'd go for it this Autumn but I don't know if that works practically now. It also feels silly talking about practical issues when the odds are not great but I need to start somewhere with my thinking.

I had been feeling quite excited but now I feel like it's so long away :(
x

p.s. Csam, the double buggy with a seat on the front is a type of tripple buggy which does cost a fortune - I don't want to be needing one of those!
p.p.s. Jens, I guess the sling option is only good for the first 6 months as after that they get a bit heavy for a long walk. Still if 6 months extra is all that's needed for the girls to be walking better then that cheers me up :)

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Ros" (Mar 2nd 2011, 11:27am)

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Wednesday, March 2nd 2011, 12:11pm

Aww Ros :sadface: How about one of those back carriers for one of the twinnies ? (I personally wouldn't be strong enough,but I am a light weight!),I don't know how far you could walk with one of those on? I'm sure there are solutions,could you do long doggy walks when someone else could watch the Lo's? Have you got time/age on your side to delay TX? I'd probably just go for and worry about the practical issues later.Saying that tho I am the world's biggest worrier so I'm not sure what I'd do!!

xxxxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "csam" (Mar 2nd 2011, 12:12pm)

Blue

MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Wednesday, March 2nd 2011, 12:16pm

Ros,
If I do get incredibly lucky with my FET, I am planning on using a sling for the baby and have my girls in the same double buggy. I think this will be fine for 6 months. After that, I do have back carriers that can take large kids, so I could still get out by myself carrying a girl on my back, and a girl and baby in the buggy. I am SO looking forward to doing this!
I did briefly take a look at triple buggies but I think they are pointless as I won't be able to fit on the bus etc.
B
x

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

Blue

MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Wednesday, March 2nd 2011, 12:18pm

Ideally I'd go for it this Autumn but I don't know if that works practically now.

I'd just do it Ros, while you are as young as possible. It will be tricky (code for expensive, exhausting, logistically impossible etc) but you will manage.
B
x

My Diary

Blue

MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Wednesday, March 2nd 2011, 12:19pm

I don't know how far you could walk with one of those on?

I'm terribly overweight, but hopefully fitter than I look. I can carry a 20+ pound Mavette on my back comfortably for 2 hours.

My Diary

Ros

Megastar

Wednesday, March 2nd 2011, 1:07pm

Thanks ladies, I was hoping you'd see this thread Willopants! I was curious how you were thinking of transporting your tribe?! You've made me smile with the thought of you on the bus with all your babies! I'm not sure I could carry one of my girls for 2 hours now but there again we only have the baby bjorn slings and we probably need to invest in a back pack (or two!). I am average weight and build but terribly unfit (hence attempting to start running but failing miserably!)

Csam, I'm 35 now, 36 in the Autumn so I don't want to wait years to give my frostie a chance.

p.s. shhhhhh, we have an appointment with my obs consultant (and the man who did my classic section) next month to check if it would be safe for me to carry another baby as I would need another classic c section with increased risk of uterine rupture, scary, but I need to get his opinion. We have told no one ... until now

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Ros" (Mar 2nd 2011, 1:10pm)

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Wednesday, March 2nd 2011, 1:44pm

woohoo Ros( :shush: ),go for it I say.It's really really hard work having 3 Lo's (I'm nearly 36 BTW),but I like the fact that they are pretty close in age.My step children (2yr age gap)are soooooooooo close and so easy to take out when growing up,in to the same things etc. The thought of getting all the sleep less nights/nappies/bottles out the way also appeals!

You'll be so chuffed if the Tx works that everything else will fall into place.

Lots of luck to you

xxxxx

Reg: Apr 12th 2010

Wednesday, March 2nd 2011, 9:00pm

This looks great!

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stor…826_10001_14051

all the best with your tx xfingers
Laura
Miracle baby #2 on board, due 5th April 2011

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 22nd 2008

Children: 2 Beautiful Babies. One of Each!

Wednesday, March 2nd 2011, 11:16pm

I am too a mummy of twins and as soon as i can afford to i am going to try again (twins again would be lovely). We would need a new car and a lottery win but i would rather not go beyond my best before date, I am so broody and all of my friends are 'coming off the pill' or pregnant again ( if only it were that easy). Sorry am babbling now..... go for it, thats the best advice i have!!
bab15 bab16 Sa-Leanne xx

JENSQUI

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Thursday, March 3rd 2011, 7:58am

Just do it ros! If you leave it a few years and it doesn't work you will wonder if it would have been different earlier. Having said that, aren't a lot of the issues with age to do with egg quality? So that wouldn't apply? If you go for it now and it works then you will find a way x

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

Peppa

Friday, March 4th 2011, 9:49pm

p.s. shhhhhh, we have an appointment with my obs consultant (and the man who did my classic section) next month to check if it would be safe for me to carry another baby as I would need another classic c section with increased risk of uterine rupture, scary, but I need to get his opinion. We have told no one ... until now

I heard you :P Good luck hun xx

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Sunday, March 13th 2011, 9:50pm

I say go for it Ros, i doubt there's ever a right time. I've had the question of "how do you cope with twins" asked of me a dozen or more times. You don't "cope".....it's all you know. If you're lucky enough to have anothe rbaby, be it in 9 months or in 3 years, you will face logistical issues either way but you WILL cope!!!
Hope your appt goes well and you get the thumbs up.

xxxx

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

19verve

United Kingdom

Reg: May 6th 2008

Children: one.

What's Up?
Loving 'one born every minute!'.

Sunday, March 13th 2011, 10:00pm

When is your appointment Missy!? I hope you and little ladies are doing well x
Say a prayer for my ickle frostie for tuesday transfer.

DH - Normal
Me - Benign pelvic MESOTHELIOMA

bab10 DD conceived by IVF at The Lister Hospital, Chelsea. (lost one twin x)

MY DIARY

Reg: Mar 11th 2011

Children: 2 and a half year old Twin boys

Sunday, March 13th 2011, 10:33pm

HI there i am new t this site but this title appealed to me so much :D

I am a Mummy of IVF twins and they are now 2 1/2 years old and i have been broody to return since they were born... DH made me wait but after a convo last week i decied to look int it more and i stumbled upon this site which i am sooo gla about :)

I dont think i would have the buggy problem but i have a friend who had her singleton when her twins were just 2 and she used the niper 360 with a sit on bugy board her twins are 3 now and she stil uses it fr long walks ect i also have the nipper and it is my 3rd twin buggy and the best one yet :) so easy to push, light weight and folds easy too!!

I have 7 frosties and feel i have to at least give some of them a chance as the boys came FET too due to OHSS after egg collection it's always in ack of my mind so i think now is the time to go for it i was funded by NHS last time but now we have the boys i would need to pay i think so i need to find out costs etc too

As said above you ill cope with things in your own way regardless of age difference so go for it Ros!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
As also said above how lovely wuld twins be again !! :) hard work but soo worth it :D

Good luck for tuesday 19verve !!! :) X

Reg: May 3rd 2010

Children: We are still dreaming.....

Sunday, March 13th 2011, 10:38pm

saw this and thought of you ros, although i dont think the link will work but you should totally check it out lol

http://www.babyhaven.com/Angeles-Bye-Bye…Slim-Tires.html

In all honesty I think you should just go for it if you get the thumbs up from ob. as said before everything will fall into place x

I know i have no children yet but I work in a nursery and have discovered that its not about the children ages really as to when they stop relying on buggy, its more a case of how used to walking they are, the more they walk without a buggy then the quicker they will adapt to walking for longer periods of time, I work in a room full of precious little 2 year olds and when out walking with them you really can tell the children who are used to walking and the ones who are always in buggies not as used to walking lengths.

wishing you lots of luck in your next journey x x x

Blue

MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Monday, March 14th 2011, 9:39am

Just wanted to say that at 13 months, I have one girl walking confidently, who would much rather walk than be in a buggy (we've just got some reigns for her). And we have one girl who can take a few steps, but would rather not and rather likes having the buggy all to herself! So very different, and I'm sure things will keep on changing.

(I spent over £700 on the most awesome buggy ever, and I am not ready for them to grow out of it!!! Although the suspension is so amazing I am thinking of converting it into a go-cart somehow...)

My Diary

Monday, March 14th 2011, 12:37pm

Hi Blue my boys are the same one has always been more confient in walking everywhere and the other quite happy to be pushed around... they are still like that yet and are 2 1/2 years old and i too aint ready to get rid of buggy just yet :) xx

Go cart souns great fun too :D x

Ros

Megastar

Monday, March 14th 2011, 10:01pm

Thanks for your responses girls and hello to Mrsbrightside! When do you think you will start your FET? You can join all the other 'trying again' and 'FET' ladies on FZ at the same stage as you. I know what you mean about the nipper, I have one. It's great and I used to see ladies with a 2 year old and new twins use the front as a seat for the 2 year old, but it's not so straightforward having a singleton after twins!

Wow, Willopants, I'm impressed that one of yours walks confidently. We haven't taken any steps on our own yet, just with baby walkers.I do agree with nic that the only way to get them walking well is to give them lots of practice - thank you for your advice. And good luck with your journey, I hope you get your BFP soon.

Verve, I will be thinking of you tomorrow and hoping for the best. My appointment is late April. But not with the IVF clinic, it's with the obs consultant. We thought we should see him first as if he says it would be dangerous for me to be pregnant again then I guess we will have to respect that. At the appointment he also gets to see the babies he 'gave birth' to which is rather lovely. I am hoping they are well behaved and don't scream in there ....
x

Tuesday, March 15th 2011, 3:47pm

Hi Ros we are prob looking at end of 2011 start of 2012 deos pending on cost, i am so glad to have found tis forums it's great something i never had while doing IVF before!
Yeah i have also een the front of the nipper used as a seat but your right it's a good bit different having 2 tddlers and a baby to having 2 babies and a toddler will deffo need another set of eyes :D xxx
You thinking of going straight back for FET now ? or when do you think ? xx have your joined the TAMBA website or facebook page ? x

Ros

Megastar

Tuesday, March 15th 2011, 4:23pm

FZ has definitely been fantastic to me and I'm so lucky I found it. The support Ive had through IVF/PGD/MC//pregnancy has been amazing and I couldn't have done without it. I am glad you have found us now.
I was hoping for FET in the Autumn if I am allowed by the obs consultant, but DH would want to wait longer I think so we'll see. It could end up being next year.
I didn't join TAMBA and don't do FB - sorry, I just put all my thoughts onto FZ instead! x

Reg: Apr 12th 2010

Tuesday, March 15th 2011, 5:17pm

That pushchair is hilarious!!

only in America........ : D
Laura
Miracle baby #2 on board, due 5th April 2011

roxy7

Star

Reg: Dec 1st 2008

Children: DS born 11/06

Monday, April 11th 2011, 1:05am

Hello ladies. Long time no speak: I find twins very time consuming with never much uninterrupted computer time & forums are much trickier on the smart phone.

We have a singleton boy who's 40 months older than the twins. I can't help thinking that a singleton after twins would be a breeze..? On the transportation thing, I find the issue is less about walking & more about where the walking child sleeps if they need a nap or get tired. Our now four and a half year old still sits comfortably on the front of the Nipper 360 & if he needs a sleep, he sometimes reclines in between the girls (it's cosy!) or one of the twins, now aged nearly one, is carried on our backs in the Ergo which I think is the best carrier for larger children.

I salute you crazy women who are thinking of having more ;) I'm still exclusively breastfeeding the girls & we're totally knackered but would probably be mad enough to consider another if we were younger. We're both 43 this year. Don't wait. You only get less energy the older you get!

Me 41, DP 42
Diagnosis PCOS and old age!
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
FET 08/09 :BFP:
cs booked for 20/04/10