You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "PurplePower" started this thread

Reg: Jun 7th 2009

Children: 2 daughters - 16 and 13.

Tuesday, June 16th 2009, 5:42pm

16 yr old DD going on holiday with friends, yikes!!

My 16 year old daugther is going to the Canary Islands with friends in August. Her friends are 18 and 21 and will most lilely be going clubbing, drinking, having holiday flings etc. Im sooo scared! She is paying for the holiday herself from money she has saved from her part time job, and it was booked before she even told me about it, and her Dad (who she lives with) is happy for her to go. So its not as if I can say no, all I can do is try and prepare her to not do anything silly like end up with alcohol poisoning or an STD or pregnant. Am I over reacting???

She is quite sensible, in fact she dumped a boy at the end of last year because she found out he had already lost his virginity, and she didnt want that pressure on her, she knows she is not ready for that yet. I was so proud! And she doesnt drink or smoke or anything like that, but I just have this horrible feeling she may succumb to peer pressure of her older friends, not want to seem like a child around them etc etc. But its a wonderful opportunity to have a great holiday before she goes back to school.

I am so confused and panicked, help!!!! lol
1st IVF cycle September 09 - :BFP:09th October 2009! - Due 17th June 2010!

[zx115] 1 healthy heartbeat seen on 29th October [zx115]

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "PurplePower" (Jun 16th 2009, 5:42pm)

Rae

Star

Reg: Apr 20th 2007

Children: 4

Friday, June 26th 2009, 10:23am

Hiya

I have 2 16 yr old boys and I wouldn't be happy about them going abroad on their own so I know how you feel ... even though they are pretty sensible like you say they can get dragged along by the crowd.

She sounds like she has a good head on her shoulders though and if you try to stop her you would be the wicked witch of the west!!

Maybe you can ask her to call you every day to keep your mind at rest??
x

Me 40
DP 43
twin boys born '93, dd born '98 [zx076]

Friday, June 26th 2009, 10:55am

Thanks Rae, yes I will be calling her every day to make sure she is ok, and I have been thinking about talking to the parents of the girls she is going with...do you think that is over the top? Would they be offended? I think I just want to make sure they arent the kind of girls that would lead her up the wrong path, but how the hell do you ask someone that about their daughters lol

Rae

Star

Reg: Apr 20th 2007

Children: 4

Sunday, June 28th 2009, 10:27am

I wouldnt take offence if another parent called me in a situation like this - especially if you ask their girls to keep an eye on dd as she is so much younger.

My 2 go out all the time in the evenings now and we are often already in bed when they get home ... this parenting lark doesnt get any easier does it!! :D

Good luck with your ivf cycle x

Me 40
DP 43
twin boys born '93, dd born '98 [zx076]

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Sunday, June 28th 2009, 11:19am

Quoted

Originally posted by PurplePower
Thanks Rae, yes I will be calling her every day to make sure she is ok, and I have been thinking about talking to the parents of the girls she is going with...do you think that is over the top? Would they be offended? I think I just want to make sure they arent the kind of girls that would lead her up the wrong path, but how the hell do you ask someone that about their daughters lol

I agree that if you put it that your daughter's still quite young and asked if they would get their girls to 'look after her' for you ... that might give the other two girls a bit of accountability towards her and reminds everyone that she's just that little big younger.

Sunday, June 28th 2009, 11:32am

Thats very good advice thank you both, I'll get their numbers of DD and call this afternoon, I'll let you know how it goes!

Reg: Apr 18th 2011

Tuesday, April 19th 2011, 8:48am

I’m in the “pro-sleepover” group. My eldest son, My daughters were allowed to go to sleepover parties if they weren't in a relationship (neither approves of friends with benefits, it isn't part of their social circles) and if I knew and trusted the parents having the party. March break and summer vacation often meant kids staying over for days at a time, and I was equally comfortable with my kids staying at friends’ homes. They are not allowed to sleepover with a boyfriend.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE