You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Emilia44" started this thread

Reg: Sep 13th 2006

Children: One daughter

Thursday, March 10th 2011, 9:37pm

Strange sensation like milk coming in 8 months after stopping breastfeeding???

I breastfed my daughter until she was 2 years and 8 months and stopped 8 months ago. This week I've been experiencing a strange sensation in my left breast exactly like the feeling you get just before your milk comes in. I'm not pregnant and have never had this feeling except when breastfeeding. I really wanted to hear from other women who have breastfed for a long time and then stopped to see if any of them have experienced anything like this.
MC 1997, Ectopic 2006, Tubal infertility, 1st IVF :BFP: [zx098]

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Thursday, March 10th 2011, 10:28pm

I sometimes still get a sensation. It starts in my neck, goes down the front of my chest and feels just like milk coming in. To the point where I've instinctively crossed my arm over my chest.

I can't say that it happens often but on the odd occasion when it has happened it's been unprompted and has caught me by surprise as the feeling was so like that of the let down reflex.

Maybe it's a kickback to muscle memory? It wouldn't be outside the realms of possibility to start feeding again if you wanted to so the reflex must be there, just dormant.

• "Emilia44" started this thread

Reg: Sep 13th 2006

Children: One daughter

Wednesday, April 20th 2011, 8:01pm

Thanks Bells. I only just saw your reply as my notifications must be hitting my junk mail. It seems to have stopped now but was happening around DD, often when she was cuddling me so I think you must be right. My sister died recently and very unexpectedly and maybe it's my body's way of seeking that comfort because I enjoyed BFing so much and it was such a huge part of my life for so long. I BF'd DD for nearly 3 years. I feel reassured as I was slightly panicking about it being something wrong. I think it was connected to my grief and my body seeking comfort.
MC 1997, Ectopic 2006, Tubal infertility, 1st IVF :BFP: [zx098]

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Wednesday, April 20th 2011, 8:05pm

Sorry to hear about your sister Emilia.
XXX