Duffymoon

Megastar

• "Duffymoon" started this thread

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Wednesday, April 20th 2011, 10:13am

High chairs for breakfast bars??

Hi

I'm having a bit of a re-think about feeding time at the zoo and have been wondering about getting the babies to sit in the kitchen at the breakfast bar. It's a more practical surface to clean and means I could potter around the kitchen/clean/cook while they munch away. I've had a google about adjustable high chairs but have yet to find any tall ones. Maybe it's because they're unsafe? I'm not interested in the clip on ones but if any of you have high chairs that you can adjust the height, can you let me know what the maximum height of the seat height can be? Our bar stool seats are about 70cm.

Failing any solutions, I think I will get regular high chairs, anyone got the Ikea one?

Thanks in advance!

x

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

• "philippa_s" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 12th 2008

Wednesday, April 20th 2011, 10:45am

Hi Duffy

Bloom do one called the loft which is designed for breakfast bars but at about £250-300 each not cheap!

If you are talking about the regular IKEA highchairs, yes used them loads, seem to have them at alot of play places/ resturants etc.. and they are fine although not sure if would be too low for a breakfast bar.

Happy spending x
2 gorgeous girls and 1 on the way

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 22nd 2008

Children: Beautiful twin daughters and two grown up stepdaughters

Wednesday, April 20th 2011, 11:26am

I have the Bloom ones. They look fab and there is a tall model especially designed for a breakfast bar, but I have to say that the girls always look quite uncomfortable in them compared with the cheap traditional highchairs they use at my mum's. They are quite flexible as can be used with / without the tray and up to 5 years old (similar concept to the Stokke).

There is a Bloom website and they are available from John Lewis.
Newly Wed

ICSI December 2008 - chemical pregnancy
ICSI May 2009 - BFN
FET September 2009 - BFP
Beautiful twin girls born 30 April 2010

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Thursday, April 21st 2011, 8:29am

have you seen the little helper funpods? I am thinking about getting one for Martha as she's constantly at my legs in the kitchen nowadays. You can get a highchair version which looks perfect for a breakfast bar.....

only trouble is the price!!!

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

Duffymoon

Megastar

• "Duffymoon" started this thread

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Thursday, April 21st 2011, 8:57am

Hi

Thanks for the responses :D

A friend of mine has the Bloom one, but regrets buying it. It's never really appealled to me as it sticks out like a sore thumb and I don't have a particularly space age type house! Plus the price........:faint: But yes, it would work for a breakfast bar so thanks for the suggestion.

have you seen the little helper funpods

I did see this when i was browsing on amanzon but didn't click on the description as couldn't work out what a hollow piece of wood was doing in a high chair search!!!

I LIKE!! :yes: Pricey....yes but would definitely get a lot of use out. The high chair would be too low for a breakfast bar but would be fine as a stand alone in the kitchen still. Plus the benefit of then having a low chair for a small table - brilliant!! AND a standing base for helping bake, what a fabulous invention! It will be a while before mine are helping me though, still not standing!! Lazy lot!

xx

p.s. there are some of the stands on ebay Jen, I'm guessing the high chair mix is fairly new though.

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE