You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

• "Dusky7" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
2 :balloons:

Sunday, May 8th 2011, 3:04pm

21 month old with 'spots' around her mouth

Please can I pick your brains (I have tried to find out on previous posts but no luck really...). DD has sore red spots around her mouth, for the last couple of days. Today she has got two big sore spots on each hand. Just trying to think what it might be, it seems to flare up and down throughout the day but I can't see what causes a bigger flare up. She is teething a bit and has had a very snotty nose (though this stopped a few days ago...). Just wondering if it might be herpes? Can a 21 month old get thrush? Also I had a friend round last week whose son (grown up one) has a form of MRSA, she was cleared though and has been using hibbiscrub etc. I think I am being paranoid but would be really grateful for any advice.

Thanks so much

:xxx3:

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Sunday, May 8th 2011, 6:17pm

Hi Dusky

I think it might be worth a quick trip to your GP. I'm sure its nothing to worry about but better to get someone to look over it than worry about what it might be. Let us know how you get on.

x

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 22nd 2008

Children: 2 Beautiful Babies. One of Each!

Sunday, May 8th 2011, 6:41pm

I agree may be worth going to the GP, my Princess gets sore around her mouth from the constant stream of dribble and snot that comes with teething, but no harm in getting checked incase its something else.

As far as the MRSA is concerned, 1 in 3 of us cary the bug on our skin, My Princess got it whilst in London intensive care then was cleared, then got it again in special care in my local hospital and was actually dischrged still carrying it, It is a bug that only rarely causes problems there is a lot of hype from the media but like the nurses told me at hospital, had my two been term babies they would never have been tested and we would never have known.
bab15 bab16 Sa-Leanne xx

Scarlett

Reg: Oct 23rd 2007

Children: William aged 3

Sunday, May 8th 2011, 7:19pm

Hi hon,

Do you think it could be hand, foot and mouth? Has she got little sores inside her mouth too, by any chance? William had it not long back and it presented as spots round his mouth and a few on his hands. They can get a headache and a bit of sickness with it as well, so it's probably worth popping to the Drs as others have suggested to get it checked. xxx

nn
1st IVF July 2008 BFN
2nd IVF Nov 2008 BFN
3rd DE IVF July 2009 BFP!
4th DE IVFJan 2012 BFN

5th FET April 2012 BFN

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Sunday, May 8th 2011, 9:16pm

Thanks guys, I will try and make gp appointment tomorrow. She has a sore tongue too, white with reddy weird bits on... My friend's son has been really poorly with his MRSA symptoms and is on a 6 week course of antibiotics amongst other treatment. Will get it checked just to put my mind at rest :) thank you :xxx:

Reg: May 3rd 2010

Children: We are still dreaming.....

Sunday, May 8th 2011, 9:19pm

Hey dusky, i work in achildrens nursery and it def sounds like hand foot and mouth, we have had a few cases of this lately and it presents with spots around the mouth area and ulcers inside the mouth and also blister like spots on hands and mouth. don't be alarmed as it is not associated with foot and mouth related to cows and other animals, completely different virus.

only thing I would say is that your child can become ill and stuffy with it. it may also be linked with teething and your bubba slevering more than average.

be careful if it is hand, foot and mouth if around pregnant woman coming into their final trimester as this can cause problems x

United Kingdom

Sunday, May 8th 2011, 11:19pm

Sorry to hear about your friends son, certainly was not disregarding it as not an illness, but only certain strains, i hope he gets well soon.

I had to call the doctor out to my princess last sat night, she had blisters on her tounge and a rash on her feet, the doctor checked her she had blisters all down her throat and red ears on each side and a raging temp, and of course a sore throat because of the blisters in her throat, It was a viral infection but at first thought he said hand foot and mouth. nothing that calpol, cuddles and kisses didnt sure over a few days. let us know how you get on with docs hun xx
bab15 bab16 Sa-Leanne xx

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Monday, May 9th 2011, 4:17pm

Not all hon :) Couldn't see dr today so will go tomorrow. She has red bumps on her heels as well, hard ones that you can really feel when you rub your finger over them. She is definitely not herself, very grizzly and crying a lot, which is unlike her. Just have to wait and see. Will keep cuddling and calpolling :hugs: :xxx3:

Monday, May 9th 2011, 5:23pm

Oh I hope she is ok, funnily enough I went back to work today and one of the educators has had it confirmed that she has hand, foot and mouth, she only had the lumpy spots on her feet and nowhere else, she is now off for 5 days as this is the incubation time, I do hope that all she has is hand, foot and mouth as it is just a virus and I think it just runs it course x

United Kingdom

Monday, May 9th 2011, 6:26pm

Fingers crossed you get your answers tomorrow xx
bab15 bab16 Sa-Leanne xx

19verve

United Kingdom

Reg: May 6th 2008

Children: one.

What's Up?
Loving 'one born every minute!'.

Monday, May 9th 2011, 8:42pm

Hello Dusky
I have to say i also thought it was h/f/m disease when i read your post yesterday. I know someone and their LO had it, which was going around nursery. Apparently it is very common and nothing to be concerned about. Good luck at the Docs and keep us posted. Hope LO is feeling better real soon.

DH - Normal
Me - Benign pelvic MESOTHELIOMA

bab10 DD conceived by IVF at The Lister Hospital, Chelsea. (lost one twin x)

MY DIARY

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 12:30pm

Saw GP this morning, it is hand, foot and mouth, though hopefully it is nearing the end. The spots around her mouth have pretty much gone, and the few on her hands are going. Just the funny tongue (which she really wanted to keep to herself and not share with the Dr!!) and the bumpy heals. Doc said there is not treatment for it anyway and should all disappear soon. Phew!! I try really hard not to be a paranoid, hypercondriac (spelling? I don't think I have ever had to spell that in my life...!!) mummy but your mind does wonder sometimes doesn't it. Thanks for your posts guys, I love this place!! It is such a comfort lol :xxx:

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 7:10pm

Glad your lO is ok then and it was just hand foot and mouth and nothing more serious. and there is nothing wrong with worrying x

United Kingdom

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 7:57pm

Glad all is well and LO will soon be on top form again, i think its totally normal for a mummy to worry, thats what mummys are for xx
bab15 bab16 Sa-Leanne xx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE