You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "kirstin" started this thread

Reg: Jun 16th 2009

Children: twin girls

Sunday, May 22nd 2011, 8:37pm

Anyone recommend Fisher price infant and toddler rocker?

My twins are now outgrowing their bouncy chairs and I have just discovered that fisher price rockers can be used up until 40lbs. Does anyone think it would be worth buying them at this stage they are now 8mths ? They are £50 each but you can buy second hand for £20

Kirstin's Parenting Diary

Jan 09 Icsi BFN May 09 Fet BFN Sept 09 Icsi BFN Jan 10 :BFP:
:girl: :girl: c-section 13/09/10

Ros

Megastar

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Monday, May 23rd 2011, 4:23pm

do you mean the blue linkadoo chairs? I have two of these and bought them from NCT sales (one for £5 and one for £20). They have been brilliant but we haven't used them much for the last few months. Mine preferred these to the bouncy chairs right from the beginning. I guess at 8 months old you will get some use out of them but definitely worth getting second hand. Since the weight limit is quite big I am hoping mine will use them again if they will ever sit still!
All the best x

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

Monday, May 23rd 2011, 6:38pm

Or is it the wooden one?

Monday, May 23rd 2011, 6:41pm

It is called fisher price infant to toddler rocker and apparently can be used from birth to 40lbs

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "kirstin" (May 23rd 2011, 6:42pm)

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Monday, May 23rd 2011, 8:23pm

Hiya Kirstin

I think I know the one's you mean,there is no way any of my 3 Lo's would have sat still at the age you girls are.They all have ant's in their pants I think.The only time they sit still is in their highchair but as soon as all their food is gone they want out! Saying that all babies are different and my friends twins would probably have used the seats.

What did you want to use them for,eg so they could watch you in the kitchen etc? I'm just trying to think if there are any alternatives.

xxxx

Monday, May 23rd 2011, 8:28pm

They love sitting bouncing in their chairs but lia is now sitting forward and I am worried it will tipple over. They are sitting up on their own for short periods but maybe you are right and once they are on the move they won't want to sit in a chair thanks for your feedback.

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Monday, May 23rd 2011, 8:32pm

Hi again
It's difficult to know what to buy sometimes (esp when you need 2 of everything!),it does sound like they'll be happy enough sitting on their own soon and moving about etc.

I'm trying not to buy too much now and thinking about how much use I'll get out of things!
xxx

Monday, May 23rd 2011, 8:37pm

I know it is so difficult to know what to buy as all babies are different. Not sure what it will be like when they are on the move I think I am in for a shock 88)

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Monday, May 23rd 2011, 8:55pm

It's a nightmare,I should be 7 stone! I'm getting my DS down from the sofa he's just climbed on and wrestling the table lamp from him,then darting across the room to stop DD eating the paper/baby wipes/her big sister! Then Ds has wedged himself somewhere,you get the picture!

All good fun and your girls are going to love being mobile :D
xxxx