You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "kirstin" started this thread

Reg: Jun 16th 2009

Children: twin girls

Sunday, April 10th 2011, 8:39pm

Any advice on a sunshade for a double nipper 360 ?

Can anyone suggest a good sunshade for a nipper 360 double pram. I have been advised that 2 parasols are the best option but after buying two I have realized what a nuisance they are. I was told you can buy a black mesh net to go over the pram but that most kids hate them as they can't really see out. My girls hate the sun in their eyes and the hood really doesn't cover them enough I would love to hear any of your suggestions. Can you get a sun canopy to fit without making the pram any wider ?

Kirstin's Parenting Diary

Jan 09 Icsi BFN May 09 Fet BFN Sept 09 Icsi BFN Jan 10 :BFP:
:girl: :girl: c-section 13/09/10

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Wednesday, April 20th 2011, 9:58am

Hi Kirstin

I was told you can buy a black mesh

Yep a friend of mine has one of these but says it makes the Nipper look like Darth Vader! I just use a small blanket/muslin and a couple of pegs when walking directly into the sun though have recently purchased some baby banz sunglasses which they love!

x

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 22nd 2008

Children: Beautiful twin daughters and two grown up stepdaughters

Wednesday, April 20th 2011, 11:33am

Jojo Maman Bebe sell the black mesh Shade-a-Babe cover ( Shade a Babe Sun and Insect Cover for Double Buggies) which I bought to take on holiday as it has UVF 50+ protection. I have to admit I never used it, although our nanny used it yesterday at London Zoo and said it didn't fit properly, much like the Nipper rain cover - she thinks they are both made for the Mountain buggy.
Newly Wed

ICSI December 2008 - chemical pregnancy
ICSI May 2009 - BFN
FET September 2009 - BFP
Beautiful twin girls born 30 April 2010

Reg: Feb 24th 2008

Children: 1 baby girl

Wednesday, April 20th 2011, 11:49am

Hi Kirstin

I broke my parasol the first time I used it so went to my local baby shop and they recommended a baby go go no-ray-me shade. It's great. It is primarily for a single buggy/pram (which I have) but my sister has tried it on her double out and about and it fits so she's getting one for herself.

Baby Go Go No Ray Me Pushchair Sunshade [baby gogo sunshade] - £14.99 : Prams, Pushchairs, Phil & Teds Explorer and Vibe Double Buggy, Brio Toys, Bugaboo Cameleon, BeSafe Rear Facing Car Seats From Snowflakes Weymouth from Snowflakes Weymouth, Dorset, UK (*Link not endorsed by FZ)

Hope you find what you need

xxx

2 ectopic pregnancies - 2005 & 2009
beautiful daughter born Sept 2010 thanks to IVF
IVF#3 April/May 2012 - BFN
IVF#4 in Oct/Nov 2012

MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "biggreeneyes" (Apr 20th 2011, 6:38pm)

Reg: Jun 25th 2007

Children: Lemmy - 2008 and Diddy - 2010

Tuesday, May 17th 2011, 2:50pm

Ive got a shade a babe - admittedly for a single, but the staff in mothercare let me try it on my 2 pushchairs before i bought it. It does look a bit odd that the babes are covered in this big black mesh thing, but a lot of the time i have the zip flap undone a little so you can see the baby, and although you cant see through it, the babes can see a lot through it, somwething to do with the way it is woven??? It is my essential piece of kit for the summer - especially as it doesnt matter where the sun is, you never have to fiddle about to make sure baby is covered - AND - they never get sunburnt feet lol

Ros

Megastar

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Tuesday, May 24th 2011, 12:48pm

I have the evil black mesh cover (bought the nipper on ebay and it came with the shade) and my two hate it. They just kick it up.
But it does make me know that they are properly shaded from the sun so I don't have to worry.
Good luck x

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

• "kirstin" started this thread

Reg: Jun 16th 2009

Children: twin girls

Tuesday, May 24th 2011, 1:23pm

The sun has gone away again so I will wait and see. I have been using a blanket and the clothes pegs are a good idea which is great when they are sleeping but no good when awake. I also bought the banz glasses which they don't seem to mind and are very cute :happy: Thanks for all your ideas x

Kirstin's Parenting Diary

Jan 09 Icsi BFN May 09 Fet BFN Sept 09 Icsi BFN Jan 10 :BFP:
:girl: :girl: c-section 13/09/10

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: DS Born 2002 / DD Born 2010

Tuesday, May 24th 2011, 3:36pm

There is also this as an option if you want them covering to some degree and are using the Bandz:

The original UV Buggy Cover.

Link not endorsed by FZ

x