You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Debi1" started this thread
  • Algeria

Reg: Jun 21st 2008

Saturday, May 28th 2011, 8:37pm

We've learnt to roll!

DS has just discovered he can roll over and will do so at every opportunity!! He doesn't quite know what to do when he gets there, but he's clearly very proud of himself. Anyway, he now does it everytime I put him down to sleep and ends up falling asleep on his belly. He's only 5 months and it worries the life out of me letting him sleep on his belly with all the guidance that they are supposed to be on their packs. I keep rolling him over, but that often wakes him (getting him to sleep is hard enough), or he rolls straight back everytime. Do I leave him to sleep that way?????

Any advice/experience gratefully received!! x
Deb x

• "angels&babies" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 26th 2008

Children: Annalise Joy Morrison born December 2009 from 2nd ICSI.........4 Snow Babies on ice,x

Saturday, May 28th 2011, 8:55pm

I think most of us have this dilemma. i know I did and had to seek some reassurance. I learned on here and from my HV that if they roll over themselves it is ok. I know we are taught not to lay them down to sleep on their tummies and this is still the case but if they do it themselves it's different.

Like you I worried and would get up several times a night and roll A back again, much to her annoyance alot of the time! :snigger:

On a positive note, it is lovely to see them do new things isn't it,xxxx lurve

2nd ICSI March 2009 :BFP:
4 Top Grade 1 Frosties in Waiting for next time!
bab21
My Diary

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Sunday, May 29th 2011, 7:46pm

Evening. I think the general thought is that if they can do it by themselves, leave them. You could always check with your HV if you're worried? Won't be long before he's rolling about all the over the place and before you blink, he'll be crawling!

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

• "Janniewall" is 49 years old today

Reg: Jun 10th 2009

Children: Two perfect 3yr olds

Monday, May 30th 2011, 12:22pm

Debi, I had the same worry with Emilia at just over 5months and she constantly slept on her tummy from that point onwards. The HV told me the same, being that if they can roll, they are able to move their heads to they can breathe. Oscar is now doing the same. It worried me at first but I am now slightly more relaxed about it, plus they both seem to sleep far better on their tummies, so if they are happier that slightly offsets my worrying too. Think I am a bit more relaxed because we have breathing monitors in their cots, so I know they will go off if anything happens - maybe worth getting one of those to give you peace of mind.

x

Jannie
Aug 09 - IUI - BFN
; Oct 09 - ICSI - BFN; Jan 10 - ICSI cancelled;
DICSI in Valencia Mar10 :BFP:
Jannie's Diary
Oscar and Emilia born 8th November 2010