You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "samiwilliams" started this thread

Reg: Jun 6th 2011

Monday, June 6th 2011, 10:07pm

New to Site

Hi there, I've just joined the site and not really sure where to go next..

Heres some background.. I got pregnant naturally back in Nov 09 after only 3 months of trying, but sadly m/c in the jan 10, and have been trying since then. Husband has had a sperm test and all came back fine, I'm booked in for a Hycosy next week and the doc has spoken about the options of IUI and IVF.. I'm only 23 and my husband is 25 so I'm concerned something must be wrong with me as surely at my age i should be getting pregnant quickly?

Anyone who has had a hycosy can you let me know what to expect.. and also views on the chances of IUI working first time and which meds to take with it would be greatly appreciated

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Monday, June 13th 2011, 1:28pm

Hi and welcome to FZ. I am sorry to hear of your loss.

No advice re. a hyscosy but wanted to wish you lots of luck on your TTC journey.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Reg: May 2nd 2007

Children: A boy and a girl, both living in London

Monday, June 13th 2011, 5:05pm

Hi from me also,

As you say you are young and known fertile and should conceive quite quickly. Nevertheless the average time to achieve a conception for a young fertile couple of your age is still around 3-5 months. Conceiving after three months was therefore faster than average, even though very sadly this did not last and you lost your baby. After a miscarriage it can take a couple of months to get back to regular good ovulation, even if you returned to regular cycles quicker than this. So getting to five months as you are now is not at all surprising.

Techniques such as IVF and IUI have a similar per cycle pregnancy rate to natural lovemaking for a young fertile couple, but produce fewer pregnancies and babies overall, as you can make love twelve times per year if you have a regular, normal length cycle, but would only have IVF or IUI two or three times (if lucky) in that year. If you are not having a normal, regular cycle you may need some help to get this started, and even if you are, you would be advised to have a serum progesterone assay done (blood test one week before your period is due) to check that your ovulation is adequate for good implantation. Other than that you should not become involved in the stress and complications of treatments such as IVF at this very early stage.

Good luck to you both.

Paul
Fertility Scientist and Andrologist
Fertility Counsellor, Holistic Therapist and Hypnotherapist
Providing Fertility Information, Assessment and Enhancement.
Natural family planning teacher.

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Monday, June 13th 2011, 5:31pm

Hi there,

I am so sorry but I can't help you regarding to the hys or IUI as I have not had either done.

I am also deeply sorry that you are having such difficulties and being so young. It is such a shame that you are having to cope with all of this. I remember thinking I was young when I found I had a problem (29) but it must be so much harder for you guys.

Please know that there is plenty of support on FZ from both younger and older parents to be - anything you need, please do let us know.

h
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

Reg: Jun 13th 2011

Thursday, June 23rd 2011, 4:24pm

hi there ,

im 23 to hun i wouldnt worry yet all i can think is that the younger we are the more hopefull the chaces are that things will work . :thumbsup:

be positive you can fall pregnant! weve jus been reffered so sadly have no advice all ive gone on is statistics (but all it says is 35 and under very annoying !)

from what i can tell iui has a 15 % sucess rate ivf about 30% each time

wish you lots of luck keep us updated :xxx3:
ttc 5 years
x6clomid:BFN:
aug ivf :BFN:
jan ivf :BFP:

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 17th 2010

Children: in working progress.

Sunday, June 26th 2011, 7:54pm

Hi hun, wonted to send love to you both.

I'm 26 and dh 31, we hav been trying for 7 years, it took five years to get pregnant but sadly things didnt turn out, nor did it 5 months later. I truely understand the pain you feel when people say your young and healthy and at least you got pregnant. As this sometimes does not matter.

I only recieved help from gp after 3.5 years, which really hurt, he said your young lets wait and see, So after waiting and waiting and waiting and loads of tests we were given clomid, which didnt work which has lead us to ICSI. I have just started the injections, and am awaiting my AF to start stimming, although it is late.

Anyway, my advise is rant on here, always ensure your talking to partner as this journey is a hard one. Personal if i was in your shoes i would wait a little longer and take all the tests you are offered. But remember you know your body and you'll know when you are ready to move onto the next stages.

pm me if you need a private chat, everyone on here is brilliant, and you'll recieve loads of support.
Good luck in your journey.
1st ICSI - July 2011 :BFN: :tear:

Praying for our dream to come true :angel2:

linzi1 :xxx3:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE