You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Emziiui" started this thread

Reg: Feb 18th 2010

Wednesday, July 20th 2011, 1:37pm

What's your favourite pushchair ?

Hi there

I Am becoming a bit of a pushchair collector lol. I have a quinny buzz 3 and a lightweight stroller.
We end up using the lightweight stroller as it's just easier to put up, is really light.
Our 7 month old looks really uncomfy in it when he's asleep as it doesn't lie flat, it's also hard for my
Husband to push as he's over 6 ft . I'm looking for the "ideal" pushchair. The buzz is annoying because
You have to take the seat unit off to collapse it.

The pushchair needs to be lightweight, fold small, adjustable handle, recline flat, maybe rearward facing option but not
Essential. So what's your favourite pushchair and can you recommend my next purchase ?

IUI - February 2010 - :BFN:
IUI - March 2010 - :BFP: :boy:
26/11/2010 - baby Samuel born

MY DIARY

taxihome

United Kingdom

Wednesday, July 20th 2011, 3:14pm

Hi
I am about to splurge out on a Stokke but i will also get a Mclaren at a later date to keep in the car.x

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

19verve

United Kingdom

Wednesday, July 20th 2011, 3:47pm

I love my pram. Used from.birth to present day. Dd is two. It is a mama and papa pilko pramette.

19verve

United Kingdom

Wednesday, July 20th 2011, 3:49pm

No heavy but nite exceptionally light:-) :)

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, July 20th 2011, 3:58pm

I have a mamas and papas Luna, had it from birth. Really easy to use, folds flat, adjustable handle cos I'm 5'2" and DH is 6'3".

Fully reclines, comfortable for LO, forward facing.

My friend has exactly the same one which has lasted for both her children.

I like it.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

GemH

Star

Reg: Nov 27th 2006

Location: Romford - Me 30. MC @ 14 wks Aug 03. 7 courses of Clomid all bfn, waiting for af to start iui when shock natural bfp. M/C 29/06/2010.Separated from ex-DH in 07/10. In a new(ish) relationship with an old friend and ttc no 2 :)

Children: George 21/11/2008 - my surprise natural bfp. Oliver 09/05/2013 - my little happy chappy

Wednesday, July 20th 2011, 4:28pm

I bought an expensive one and now use a McLaren (when George is tired as he often walks now) FOunds up small is light and easy to put up whilst clinging on to a wiggly toddler! x

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 23rd 2010

Children: Crazy Jake!

Wednesday, July 20th 2011, 5:17pm

Having spent the past 5 months heavily researching every pushchair on the damn market, I was quite taken with the Mutsy system. Lay flat car seat, huge carrycot, forward and rear facing pushchair that collapses down all as one, very roomy, even with a 3 y o in it! It's also quite a high rider, so little ones aren't just looking at knees and feet! You can even get a step up board for a toddler to use and a seat with a steering wheel that let's toddlers think they're driving themselves. It's telescopic handle is the longest on the Market too, the whole thing is extremely light.
Having said all that, I ended up going with the Silver Cross surf, but that's because I had fallen in love with it a long time ago and I got an exceptionally good deal on it. It was very very close though.
I have also had the privilege of seeing the new iCandy Strawberry and have to say I was less than impressed. It's made out of like a fleecy material and grabs bits and dust like you wouldn't believe. It's also extremely low, and I could see myself getting bad back. It does all fold down as one which is a bonus, but the cons outweighed the pro's, disappointing as I had high expectations from it.
I think I'm going to become a pushchair salesperson!!!!

Me - 33, PCO, high FSH

DF - 37, multiple [zx151] problems

TTC - 5yrs,

ICSI Nov 2010 abandoned, poor response

ICSI Feb 2011 - :BFP: woohoo

11/10/11 bab22 born at 36w with extreme cardiac failure & hydrops
"a true miracle baby"

SultrySapphire's Diary

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Wednesday, July 20th 2011, 5:36pm

I have 3 pushchairs.....Phil and teds for the country walks, baby jogger city mini for the all day out affairs and Jane sonic for quick nip to the shop or if we are somewhere m will be walking a lot so hardly in buggy. The baby jogger city mini had an amazing one hand fold, several recline positions including flat an amazing hood shade and looks really comfy. Light to push too. Definitely check it out! X

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

Thursday, July 21st 2011, 6:45am

Thanks folks ! I think I have narrowed it down to bugaboo bee, maclaren techno xt or the baby city jogger mini !

MY DIARY

Reg: Jul 23rd 2010

Children: 1 on the way

Thursday, July 21st 2011, 4:18pm

Hi

Were going to go with the I Candy Peach I think does anyone know anyone thats had one?
Me 31 - Ok
DH 31 - low [zx151]
TTC - 6 years

1st ICSI - July 2010 :BFN: :tears:
2nd ICSI - 25 April 2011:BFP: :faint: babydust EDD 26/12/2011

baby7 Harrison Stephen was born at 21:41 on 6/01/2012 we are over the moon with our little man xx

United Kingdom

Reg: May 13th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little boy called Daniel

Thursday, July 21st 2011, 10:56pm

I have a Mama's & Papa's Pliko Switch which was great when I used to clip the car seat to the frame and now in pushchair mode it is nice & comfy for Dan on long walks but it is big & heavy so have a buggy in the boot. I had a Chicco Winter London first which was fantastic but I broke the back wheel & so got a full refund and now have the Chicco Liteway which is also great as it lies flat & is super light and easy to push. It also reclines with one hand.

My mum has a Mamas & Papas Ollie in black & white & they love it but the back support is raised using a 'drawstring' method which is a bit fiddly with baby in but the handles are high for tall people.

Seems like you might have made your decision though so good luck.

Blue

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 12:29am

How many pushchairs have you bought (so far!)

A total of 18 Votes have been submitted.

22%

1 (4)

33%

2 (6)

11%

3 (2)

11%

4 (2)

11%

5 (2)

6%

6 (1)

0%

0%

0%

6%

10 (1)

Well I thought this thread was crying out for a poll!

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 7:41am

I am having issues choosing actually - want the icandy peach blossom for our twins but worried about the twin in the rear as I am not sure if when the seat is in place, it can be sat up? I will have to go and have another look sometme I think.
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

GemH

Star

Reg: Nov 27th 2006

Location: Romford - Me 30. MC @ 14 wks Aug 03. 7 courses of Clomid all bfn, waiting for af to start iui when shock natural bfp. M/C 29/06/2010.Separated from ex-DH in 07/10. In a new(ish) relationship with an old friend and ttc no 2 :)

Children: George 21/11/2008 - my surprise natural bfp. Oliver 09/05/2013 - my little happy chappy

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 8:11am

Just want to say on the poll wow who has 10 pushchairs!? I thought my 4 was a lot (admittedly 1 at my Mums and the ex in lasw but still!!) Love buying them though, I will never buy another one for George *sob* x

JENSQUI

Megastar

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 8:39am

I haven't bought 10...yet!!! Only 4, and only one of those was brand new. I guess the thing is that there is no perfect pushchair and, at different stages, you kind of need different things. So buying secondhand and selling it on once you've finished that stage makes perfect sense. I did this with our first pram, got 6 months use out of it and still amde a £20 profit selling it on!

BFP Jun 08 - early loss

Mr C

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 30th 2008

Children: Blessed with NonId Twin Girls!

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 8:45am

I am having issues choosing actually - want the icandy peach blossom for our twins but worried about the twin in the rear as I am not sure if when the seat is in place, it can be sat up? I will have to go and have another look sometme I think.

We looked at the iCandy's but the 2nd seat was always too much of a compromise, bit like like the phil&ted, there was always one seat not quite as good.

So, we went with the BabyJogger City Select.
Both positions/seats are equal.
Our Diary
ISCI 1 - Mar/Apr 2009 - :BFN: ICSI 2 - Dec/Jan 2010 - :BFN: ISCI 3 - Mar/Apr 2010 - :BFP:
Our twin girls were born at 38 weeks on 21st December 2010. Feeling very blessed.

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 9:10am

Right - narrowed it down to 2 !

Baby jogger city mini or bugaboo bee

Baby jogger city mini is forward facing only but has an awsome fold - you literally just pick it up by the handle and it all collapses itself. It will be so easy getting it in and out of the car and could easily do it 1 handed.

Bugaboo bee looks awsome and drives superb. It can be rear or forward facing. More difficult to put up and collapse. You deffo need 2 hands ! (4 steps for collapsing as opposed to 1 for the mini)

So it comes down to how important rear facing really is I guess... Oh and the price, bugaboo £430, city mini £200. My heart is saying the bugaboo, i loved it the moment I saw it, my head is saying the city mini as it looks so practical.

MY DIARY

JENSQUI

Megastar

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 9:40am

if you don't use public transport and only use the car then I wouldn't worry about the fold. I bought the city mini because I use the bus a lot and need to be able to fold it one-handed very quickly at a stop (the buses I use only have room for one open pushchair).

Also, the baby jogger has a wider set of back wheels than the bugaboo bee I think so the latter may be better for that. Other than the supermarket I can count the number of shops I go into with a buggy in a year on one hand so this wasn't a consideration for me.

What's the character of your baby? As soon as she could sit up Martha was always craning her neck round when I had a rear facing pram so having a rear facing option wasn't a plus for me at all.

BFP Jun 08 - early loss

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 22nd 2008

Children: Beautiful twin daughters and two grown up stepdaughters

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 9:46am

Love all this buggy talk!

Hayley - I loved my iCandy Peach Blossom Twin for the first six months as the arrangement with the carrycots was brilliant. However, as soon as my Twinkles were old enough to move into the bigger seats it was rubbish. Very restricted for the LO in the backseat (and the one in front wasn't much better) so I sold it on ebay. £1,100 new and I got £761 for it, so it wasn't too much of a killer. I switched to the Nipper 360 which isn't very pretty but it is functional, comfortable, fits through doors and is and a dream to push. If I was buying a posh new twin buggy now I'd be tempted by the new Bugaboo Donkey.
Newly Wed

ICSI December 2008 - chemical pregnancy
ICSI May 2009 - BFN
FET September 2009 - BFP
Beautiful twin girls born 30 April 2010

JENSQUI

Megastar

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 9:48am

what about a babystyle oyster? I saw this on kiddicare and it didn't look dissimilar to a bugaboo bee (but cheaper!) but I couldn't find a shop in the vicinity where I could actually look at it. Gets good reviews though

BFP Jun 08 - early loss

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 10:40am

Babystyle oyster is nice, it was between that and the quinny when we got the quinny. Only got the quinny as we could get a used one off eBay, the oyster was new at the time, will check out the weight.

Well this morning I have got the quinny out and had a play with the proper seat unit as we've only really used it with the car seat and adapters. Good news is it folds no problem with the seat in forward facing position.... Bad news is OMG
It weighs a ton !!!

Jen I don't use public transport and baby is happy forward facing in his stroller and rear facing when we use the quinny an his car seat... So I think he's fairly easy going. From my point of view it is nice to see him when pushing him along as I can't stop looking at him sometimes lol.

Tomorrow we are going to John Lewis, they have both in stock so we can compare them
Side by side!

MY DIARY

JENSQUI

Megastar

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 10:56am

If you're planning on having it for a good long while then you might also want to consider seat size. One of the big plus points for me was that the city mini seat is pretty generous so even when Martha gets bigger she won't be squashed in.Some of the reviews slate it for not having an 'upright' enough position. It certainly isn;t as upright as my phil and teds but we have the bumper bar and M thinks it is fun to sit up holding on to that if she wants to be more upright. Also forgot to say that she never daytime naps in her cot now but prefers the city mini. When she is tired she will go to the buggy and try to climb in it. Even if it is raining outside she just naps in that, fully reclined, in the hall! So I guess it must be really comfortable.

BFP Jun 08 - early loss

Blue

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 11:29am

here's hoping - seriously? 10 pushchairs!!! :snigger:

I just bought pushchair number 7, but hasn't been delivered yet so will test it before deciding whether to keep it or not. In my defense, 2 of my pushchairs were second hand, and I do sell them on again. I have a main twin buggy, a single buggy, a proper running buggy, and a cheapo foldup buggy for traveling abroad (ok to get trashed by baggage handling). That's not excessive, right?

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 1:21pm

What's your favourite so far blue and what make is no 7 ??

MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 2:23pm

We liked the Bugaboo Donkey too - still very unsure about the icandy peach blossom due to the rear seat issue. One of my friends swears by it for her twins which is making me think it must be good but the Bugaboo Donkey is a proper side by side so they each have some room. Bugaboo Donkey Stroller Twin : Silver Cross Prams, Maxi Cosi Car Seat, Britax Car Seat, Phil and Teds Pushchairs, Quinny Buzz,
3 X ICSI

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "hayley564" (Jul 22nd 2011, 2:28pm)

Reg: Oct 6th 2010

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 5:39pm

I only ticked the 10 box as it didn't go higher!

I have had 3 babies & many more foster babies!! When mine were little I always started off with proper prams but by the time they were 6 months old they would be in strollers. I then changed these every 6 months or so, I think I had a pushchair fetish ;0) I've had singles , doubles & triples!!!

This time Dh has said I have to buy 1 & 1 only. I really like the Graco Symbio, but its practical not pretty. It has a carrycot, carseat & the seat unit although this cannot be used until baby is 6 months. I have found it on simplybaby with everything included for £450. Only downside is that the frame is huge & with all bums on seats in the car I will struggle to get it in. I honestly think that I will need a good stroller too or am I just pushing my luck?! ;0) Either way I'm not buying anything until Grace is here, she is due December & if the weather is anything like last year I may not leave the house until the end of Feb. Hence a carrycot would be a waste of money.

Buying 1 pushchair is hard! xxxx
Proud Mummy of 4 girls & 1 boy. Surrogate mummy & 4x Egg donor

Reg: Oct 6th 2010

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 5:42pm

Also I must add in my defense that I have always donated my pushchairs to our local childrens center when I have finished with them xxxx
Proud Mummy of 4 girls & 1 boy. Surrogate mummy & 4x Egg donor

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Saturday, July 23rd 2011, 11:15am

All this talk is making me want to buy another now!

I've only ever had one pushchair, the car seat clipped onto it and it folds down nice and easy. But now I'm thinkingof a stroller. Any advice or recommendations for a stroller or do I stick with my one and only? My LO is 16 months.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

United Kingdom

Reg: May 13th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little boy called Daniel

Saturday, July 23rd 2011, 6:25pm

Flic, if you are happy with your pram then stick with it...once you cross over to the dark side & start buying strollers you just can't stop!

I am very happy with my Chicco Liteway but it isn't particulary designed for rural living, more urban as only has two single wheels at the front rather than 2 double ones. It is very nifty at turning and super easy to put up & down & recline though so suits me.

I wish I had just been able to stick with my orginal choice but it was just too heavy & we didn't want to take it abroad as the baggage handlers & coach drivers have no respect for them!

United Kingdom

Saturday, July 23rd 2011, 10:19pm

Well after thinking and looking around even more I am going off the peach.....just cannot get over the rear twin being not able to see anything.

Soooo.....I have seen the Baby Jogger City Mini Twin Stroller in a beige colour (side by side) and also a Obaby Zynergi Zoom Tandem (both from Tesco) which my mum gets 10% off and we get the CC points. Any thoughts?

Together they would be around £840 but that's still cheaper than the icandy....we would need to buy a couple of car seats but I guess we would have to anyway. My thinking is that we could use the side by side when they are little and to go on longer walks and use the tandem when I go shopping. Both are lighter in weight than the icandy too.

h
3 X ICSI

Mr C

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 30th 2008

Children: Blessed with NonId Twin Girls!

Sunday, July 24th 2011, 9:47am

We looked at the Zoom Tandem (and the Jane Powertwin Pro, very similar) and it was just tooooooooo long :)
Our Diary
ISCI 1 - Mar/Apr 2009 - :BFN: ICSI 2 - Dec/Jan 2010 - :BFN: ISCI 3 - Mar/Apr 2010 - :BFP:
Our twin girls were born at 38 weeks on 21st December 2010. Feeling very blessed.

Sunday, July 24th 2011, 1:56pm

GOOD NEWS ! We've finally decided !! We are ordering the Baby Jogger City Mini Single ! Its just so easy to fold compared to the bugaboo bee and the recline is great compared to the Maclaren quest we were looking at.
There is a new 4 wheel version that we are going for in bright racing red, its the same weight as the 3 wheeler but i just think its looks better and it would be better for dodging dog mess ! LOL. The City Jogger got the Gold mother and baby award for best lightweight pushchair too.

This is the one we are getting

Baby Jogger Mother and Baby Pushchairs and Prams 11-26-029 - BHS Direct

Alot of the online shops don't have pricing, but managed to find it for £225. Cheapest I found for the 3 wheel was £189.

Can't wait until it arrives :D

MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Sunday, July 24th 2011, 4:19pm

Oh that's lovely!
3 X ICSI

Sunday, July 24th 2011, 4:25pm

Isn't it just !

It didn't come with a rain cover so that was £20 and also got a footmuff to keep him warm in the winter !

Very excited , although not sure what to do with the quinny buzz now !lol

MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Sunday, July 24th 2011, 4:28pm

I went to see the Obaby Zynergi Zoom Tandem this morning and ITS GREAT! Definitely going to get one, just not sure which one yet. The one I have seen on ebay is great value and they were a professional couple who had barely used it in 6 months so it was like new. Even if that one goes, it is the buggy for us!!!! No more icandy ideas for me.....so pretty but not very practical at all!
3 X ICSI

Sunday, July 24th 2011, 4:35pm

Looks lovely Hayley and it makes sense to get one from eBay if it's in good condition. How does it weigh compared to your other options, weight was an important factor for us and I could see myself struggling with the buzz to lift it into the boot.

MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Sunday, July 24th 2011, 4:57pm

It's actually really lightweight which I was surprised about - 17.1kg which compared to the icandy is 0.1kg more. It's 5kg more than the city mini but I still think we will get that too
3 X ICSI

Sunday, July 24th 2011, 5:21pm

That's not bad - the buzz is 14kg and it's a single !!!

MY DIARY

Tuesday, July 26th 2011, 3:18pm

New pushchair has been shipped - I'm so excited !!! :D

MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 22nd 2008

Children: Beautiful twin daughters and two grown up stepdaughters

Friday, August 12th 2011, 10:16am

I've just bought a fab relatively cheap single buggy as I quite like taking each of my Twinkles out separately from time to time. The Petit Star Zia+ is around £100, folds like a dream - just press one button and it is down in a second - has a nice upright seat but full recline, comfy straps, is light and lovely to push, and comes in gorgeous colours (I have it in purple). It is very similar to the Quinny Zap but is far cheaper. I am tempted to get a second one for when DH and I take the girls out together but he'll kill me!!!

So my tally of buggys is now 3 - the iCandy Peach Blosson Twin until the girls outgrew the carrycots, then the Nipper 360 Double which is our main buggy, and now the Zia+.
Newly Wed

ICSI December 2008 - chemical pregnancy
ICSI May 2009 - BFN
FET September 2009 - BFP
Beautiful twin girls born 30 April 2010

Reg: Mar 28th 2009

Children: 2 boys

Friday, August 12th 2011, 3:40pm

i got a hauck 3 wheeler which was handy for walking and going on the beach - it even had a brake! it was a bit difficult to steer so sold it and bought a mamas & papas 03 sport. great for the beach etc but big n bulky - no good for the car!
i had a petit star zia for the car - a great light weight buggy but as bubs got bigger/heavier (hes 20months old now weighs 2stone is the size of a 3yr old and in size 8 shoes!) so i sold that and have a cheap 'startrite' £20 buggy from argos, which i keep in the car
all buuggies have there pros n cons. but id recommende the 03 sport as the handle height is adjustable so all heights can happily use it - but just by a puncture repair kit if you do alot of off roading lol :snigger: