You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "BooBoo" started this thread

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Friday, July 29th 2011, 5:52pm

expressed milk storage confusion

i'm a little confused about the storage of expressed milk and my baby brain forgot to ask my HV today so i'm wondering if anyone can help.

I'm aware that at RT EM can be kept for 6 hrs until it needs to be thrown away.

At frigde temps i've been told EM will keep for 3 days.

But how long does EM keep at RT after been taken out of the fridge within the 3 days? Is it the full 6 hours??

So if i express and store milk in the fridge then take it out to use the next day, how long will it last in my changing bag (so at RT) before i have to use it???

Hope i've explained myself properly.

I'm just paranoid about not giving my LO milk thats been left out too long.

Many thanks

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Friday, July 29th 2011, 6:46pm

Oh crikey, I am honestly not sure and I am really paranoid about this kind of thing too! Read your post and didn't want to run without a reply.

Can you use a freezer pack to keep your milk cool in the changing bag? I used to freeze all my expressed milk and defrost it over night in the fridge, it was quite often still a bit frozen when I took it out with me so that helped to keep it colder for longer - does that make sense?

I am sure someone who knows what they're talking about will be along soon enough............................BELLS!!!

xxx

Me - 39 AMH 1.79, DH - 43
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

Reg: Dec 20th 2009

Children: Hayden -7/08/05 and Cerys 31/01/11

Friday, July 29th 2011, 11:44pm

Hi
I am expressing and have a big store of EBM, within the three days of it being kept in the fridge i am pretty sure it is fine for the six hours out at room temperature, of course if its hot this summer (some hope!!) it would be a good idea to use a freezer pack, or i just put it straight from fridge in to bottle carrier bag, it stays pretty cool in there.

It gets so confusing...DD is my second and i am still looking things up about storing EBM.

Im sure someone who can give a real clear answer will be along soon- as this is just what i do.
NYH X

ME - 30-PCO DH -31-All fine
DS- 07-08-05 (NATURALLY) DD-31/1/11-(CLOMID 1ST CYCLE)

babydust TO ALL X XX X