You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

Wednesday, June 29th 2011, 8:36pm

It seemed to take my LO a while to realise that food satisfies his hunger, and wather satisifies his thirst. Now that he knows this he will scream if he see's me with one of the plates I carry his food to the dining room on but don't put him in his high chair quick enough.

He now has milk at 6 am and 6pm, the rest of the day its food and water. Until a few weeks ago he was having 8oz at 2pm but some days he wouldn't drink it, especially since he started nursery and they have set meal and snack times, so he was often full from food. I just decided to try cutting it out and see how he got on, but if for example he seemed hungry at 4pm, I may have given him a few ounces to keep him going. I just took each day as it came, I have never been really rigid with routine anyway so it was easy to be flexible. TBH I think he would sometimes drink it for the sake of it. He has a very big appetite!!!! I also make sure I include dairy at each meal, either in the form of cheese or yoghurt.

The cup is a favourite to be thrown in our house too. He laughs when I pick it up!!!! After a couple of throws I leave it where it is for a while!

Elisa

Reg: Apr 9th 2009

Thursday, June 30th 2011, 9:04pm

Hi, Xander has cut down his demands for milk since we started BLW (he is BF so I don't know how much he is getting) and I do give him a lot of diary in the form of fromage frais, cream cheese, cheese and yoghurt. He generally has a BF when he wakes, one just before morning nap and afternoon nap and then one in the evening, although occasionally he has another one around lunchtime .. it all depends upon what we have been doing.

My BLW issue at the moment is this ... Xander seems to have gone off meat. He will eat some eventually, but not with as much gusto or as much (amount wise) as before. I don't want him to become a fussy eater (he's not keen on potato at the moment either). Anyone got any advice?
Elisa
IVF Aug 09 - Brief BFP
FET Jan 10 :BFP:
bab11 Alexander James 17/10/10

2nd FET Feb 13 :BFN:

My Trying Again Diary

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Thursday, June 30th 2011, 10:20pm

I've only managed to get my LO to eat potatos since she's started using a fork and can stab it and get it in her mouth! Before then she wouldn't touch it.

Meat was the same. Chicken legs she devours but pull it off the bone and she won't eat it! (I take the thin bone out of the leg though)

I think it's a case of perseverance. The more you offer it the more likely they are to have a go.

I think they must go through some sort of stage or maybe asserting themselves or something. Or at least that's how it seemed when O went off different food.

We had duck last night and she wouldn't eat hers but she had a good go of mine if I let her use my fork and took it off my plate!!!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Fi'smum

United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 14th 2009

Children: 2 dd 1978 ds 1980 And 1 gorgeous granddaughter 2010 and a handsome grandson 2012

Friday, July 1st 2011, 12:46am

:yes: They always think the food on somebody else's plate must be better than theirs :laugh:

JENSQUI

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Friday, July 1st 2011, 10:04am

My BLW issue at the moment is this ... Xander seems to have gone off meat. He will eat some eventually, but not with as much gusto or as much (amount wise) as before. I don't want him to become a fussy eater (he's not keen on potato at the moment either). Anyone got any advice?

To be honest, I wouldn't pay too much attention right now. Keep presenting it and if he eats it good and if not, don't stress. What he is eating now is probably no indication of what he wil eat in a few months' or years' time. Lots of factors come into play here - soreness of gums with teething, ease of picking up, ease of chewing or swallowing, alternative food they may have discovered and prefer, power struggles, asserting independence, etc, etc. There is no way of predicting or an easy way around some of these issues. But as long as you keep presenting a variety of food types so he has the opportunity to eat them, and don't make an issue out of anything he leaves then you are doing all you can. Martha won't even try a lot of things I give her at home but at nursery she now eats pretty much anything (except noodles!!)....most likely because eating with other children is much more entertaining than eating with mummy & daddy!!

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Saturday, July 2nd 2011, 8:23pm

Hey

I don't think you should worry too much Elisa, Freya isn't really interested in meat either at the moment, she plays with it a bit but hasn't really eaten much. Like the others say, just keep offering it to him and don't pay too much attention, this is the tactic I am using with broccoli. Freya still refuses to even touch it, never mind put it in her mouth. It's really strange as she has pretty much tried everything else I offer her. Who knows how their minds work eh?

Greeny - How are you getting on with Ben now?

:hugs: to you all

xx

Me - 39 AMH 1.79, DH - 43
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

biggreeneyes

• "biggreeneyes" started this thread

Reg: Mar 24th 2009

Children: A little boy :)

What's Up?
Will give my one and only Frostie a go in October. Then that'll be me done.

Saturday, July 2nd 2011, 8:26pm

NOt hugely better Gracie :( and to top it off we have had 3 terrible night again too :bawl:

goodgreen

April 09-IVF-BFN :sadface:
Oct 09-ICSI - BFP :happy: - Little boy born on 14/07/10
June 12-ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Oct 12 - ICSI - BFP - followed by mm/c (blighted ovum) :sadface:
April 13 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Aug 13 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Jan 14 - ICSI - BFN :headache

Oct 14 - FET - ?

Greeny's trying for another little froggie diary!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "biggreeneyes" (Jul 4th 2011, 11:01am)

Gracie

What's Up?

Monday, July 4th 2011, 9:44am

Oh dear, sending :hugs: to you honey. How has the sleeping been over the weekend?

xx

TTC since 04/06

One early loss, 04/09

biggreeneyes

• "biggreeneyes" started this thread

Reg: Mar 24th 2009

Children: A little boy :)

What's Up?
Will give my one and only Frostie a go in October. Then that'll be me done.

Monday, July 4th 2011, 11:02am

Hi, a better night last night - thank goodness. Ben still won;t eat much. but hey ho..he is eating a little more. I am going to try not to worry too much and put my trust in him xfingers

How are you and gorgeous LO of yours? xx

goodgreen

April 09-IVF-BFN :sadface:
Oct 09-ICSI - BFP :happy: - Little boy born on 14/07/10
June 12-ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Oct 12 - ICSI - BFP - followed by mm/c (blighted ovum) :sadface:
April 13 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Aug 13 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Jan 14 - ICSI - BFN :headache

Oct 14 - FET - ?

Greeny's trying for another little froggie diary!

Gracie

What's Up?

Monday, July 4th 2011, 11:55am

Hey

That's great, glad you all had a better night. It sounds like Ben is doing so much better with sleep now, I am really glad for you honey.

Freya is fine thanks, she is constantly surprising me with her eating at the moment. I keep looking for things in her high chair/bib/floor and then realise that she has actually eaten what I've given her rather than just throw it around. She is quite strong willed and doesn't want me to help her eat, she can do it herself apparently!!

I still worry about this whole eating thing a bit though, it seems so strange for her to be eating proper, normal food rather than just relying on me for milk - which she is definitely drinking less of as I had a major leak yesterday afternoon :yuk:

xxx

TTC since 04/06

One early loss, 04/09

rianon

Reg: May 30th 2010

Sunday, July 24th 2011, 5:12pm

skin or no skin and how soft?

Could you please help me with the questions in the title? I am really excited about BLW, starting tonight!

x Rianon

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Sunday, July 24th 2011, 7:56pm

I left skin on most things. Doesn't matter about the softness really. At first the will gum everything until it turns to mush anyway! Cucumber is good, sandwiches, we didn't really decide on anything depending how soft it was.

Pasta is another good one!!

Gracie

What's Up?

Monday, July 25th 2011, 9:42am

I leave the skin on everything (much to my MIL's slight alarm) and Freya just eats the fruit and spit the skin out. She got stuck into a Nectarine this weekend, sucked the flesh and left the skin - not sure MIL quite believes what she witnessed!

Saves a lot of faffing about and babies seem to be more than capable of dealing with it.

:goodluck: and have fun!

TTC since 04/06

One early loss, 04/09

rianon

Wednesday, August 3rd 2011, 3:41pm

Thanks for the replies Flic and Gracie :-) It sounds really reassuring that clever Freya just spits the skin out it will save me a lot of trouble (and time skinning things). Pasta sounds really good i got so excitied about it that cooked pasta for all the family however sadly a nasty vomiting/diarrhea virus kicked in just the day i wanted to start. So weaning is on hold for more than a week now.

By softness i meant how about really hard vegetables like carrot? Do you give it boiled? I suppose other things like toast or rice cake are OK as they will just soften it themselves but maybe not with carrot. Also how do you make sure they don't get too much salt? i know there is no salt in "traditional" baby food but there is some in sandwich creemes cheese etc. or do you prepare your own sandwich creams? Another thing which looks good in traditional weaning is that they are able to mix tastes (e.g apple + pear mixture) but i guess apple and pear served together is nearly just as good.

Hope we can really start weaning soon as although little Danube is ill she doesn't seem to mind the least: she is smiling, laughing and seems REALLY hungry! I feed her every 90 minutes but I hope it is also helpful against the diarrhea.

PS: I can imagine my own mum being really alarmed lol. My MIL is actually more relaxed but my mum will be ok soon too. They don't know yet that I am doing BLW but Puil is absolutely fine with the idea.

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, August 3rd 2011, 6:49pm

Your mum will go mad!! My mum thought I was trying to kill O!!

I boil carrot just because we have lots of veg with out tea and it's in my frozen veg mix!!

Salt is a tough one. We use dairylea for cheese spread. it's had to keep the salt down but providing you're not giving loads of salt and adding salt then you should be ok.

I wasn't keen on the mixing flavours. The way I thought was once my LO is older she's not goin to be eatin a whole roast dinner together so I've always kept things exactly how I eat them.

You want to try giving kiwi! My LO actually spits the little seeds out!! Proper funny!!! Never seen anything like it before!!

Ham is also good in sandwiches!!

Gracie

What's Up?

Wednesday, August 3rd 2011, 6:52pm

Oh dear, sorry you are all poorly, hope you all feel better soon. :hugs:

It's really hard to avoid salt altogether and you'll spend your life reading labels! I've discovered that own supermarket brands of Philly have less salt in them and that Laughing Cow cheese triangles have less than Dairylea - Freya can stuff a whole one down in moments - she loves it!

I try not to give more than a slice of bread a day (another hidden salt item) and have settled on giving Freya 50/50 stuff as I don't want her to be wholemeal averse!

As for carrot, I would steam it for about ten minutes, that way it's not boiled to within an inch of its life but it's much softer than raw.

I buy a big pot of Onken Natural Yoghurt a week now, I don't understand why Freya loves it so much as it's really sharp but she can't get enough! It's great with fruit too.

Breadsticks are also brilliant!

Blimey, listen to me, I sound like a pro - TBH I found it all a bit stressful to start with but Freya suddenly started to get the point of food about a month ago and she has been doing really well. It's so easy too, no messing with separate dinners - she has just scoffed a shepherd's pie and even ate venison casserole on Sunday.

:goodluck: and let us know how you get on!

xxx

PS She FINALLY decided to put a piece of broccoli in her mouth this evening - didn't eat it but at least it didn't get thrown over the side so that's progress in my book!!

TTC since 04/06

One early loss, 04/09

Gracie

What's Up?

Wednesday, August 3rd 2011, 7:00pm

Ooo, haven't tried Kiwi yet, that's a thought..........................

TTC since 04/06

One early loss, 04/09

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, August 3rd 2011, 9:18pm

Yey Freya!! I bet the broccoli was interesting for her!! O loves the stuff. Broccoli is the first thing she eats normally!!

JENSQUI

Wednesday, August 3rd 2011, 10:25pm

Be careful with the kiwi. Martha loves it but it gives her acidic poo which leads to sore bum.
As for salt, check out some health food shops as can often get less salt and sugar products from those, e.g nut butter. And for softness of veg, can always grate things like carrot and add to sandwiches, doesn't always have to be cooked. I found that some pitta bread had less salt than normal bread, but varies widely in diff brands.

BFP Jun 08 - early loss

rianon

Thursday, August 4th 2011, 10:12am

Hi Jensqui thanks for the more ideas I never before thought of grating to be honest. And never though pita bread might have less salt. I am waiting a bit with giving bread and for the moment sticking to fruits, vegs and hot meals like pasta, rice or meat. (Well that's the plan at least).

BLW-wise I have now got a very happy little girl! She just loves it :-) Her face was hilarious when she put the apple in her mouth. "What is this taste?!? I want my nice plastic-toy taste back! But she was ever so happy and I already decided we will jump to 3 meals per day at once. I can't do her any harm as she is not eating anything anyway (yet). Puil will be delighted to be able to have his tea together with his wife and daughter.

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Thursday, August 4th 2011, 3:24pm

Do you know what, that is my favourite part of the day, us eating together.

I'm so pleased so loves it.

We went in with 3 meals per day too, really just to get her used to different meal times. She used to play with it and we used to eat it!!

During the first year apparently you are meant to give them lots of different foods. The theory is that they are less likely to be picky about it when they are that young.

I so pleased to hear it's going so well!!

Gracie

What's Up?

Thursday, August 4th 2011, 9:02pm

It's great isn't it Flic. The thing is, I really believe Freya is learning good table manners too. We took her out to Pizza Express for lunch last weekend and she was brilliant. She just sat and joined in with the meal, no fuss and no messing around. I know she is still quite young, not old enough to get bored yet, but even so it was lovely to be able to take her out without worrying.

Tonight she went absolutely crazy for jelly. I make them with cooked down raspberries and I strain the seeds out so they are healthy jellies, rather than pointless food. I've never heard such squeals of delight!

Rianon - Sounds like you are going to do brilliantly! So pleased your LO is happy. You're really going to enjoy it all for sure.

xx

TTC since 04/06

One early loss, 04/09

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Thursday, August 4th 2011, 9:37pm

Oooh, Gracie, how do you do that?

I want to get some ice lolly holder things so I can make my own ice lollies!

Gracie

What's Up?

Friday, August 5th 2011, 1:54pm

Just stew the raspberries over a low heat until they've really broken down and then sieve them into a jug, it takes a few minutes as the pulp really needs pressing through, but it gets most of the seeds out. Then just use the warm juice instead of all boiling water for the jelly - usually you need half a pint of boiling water so just make up the difference - and there you have it. Lovely, healthy fruit jellies, they seem to keep about a week in the fridge too - at least we ate ones that I made last week yesterday and we're all still alive!!

xx

TTC since 04/06

One early loss, 04/09

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Friday, August 5th 2011, 8:45pm

Ooooh, I may have to try that Gracie!

You're so good at all this making stuff!

O loves raspberries. I planted a bush this year and every day we get a raspberry or two and O just stuffs them into her mouth without even thinking now!!

rianon

Monday, August 8th 2011, 6:56pm

We found whole bits of carrots in Danube's nappy (I mean in her poo not that she managed to put it in there) which made us a bit concerned about BLW. Has this happened to any of you? Apart from that she still greatly enjoys meal times, seems to prefer vegetables over fruits and the favorite so far is paprika.

x Rianon

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, August 8th 2011, 9:25pm

Yup!! Regularly!!

I actually thought she was bleeding but it was tomato and carrots!

She also had some funny colours from eating chalk!

I really wouldn't worry about it honey. If anything it's great that she's eating it!! My LO LOVES carrots. I mean, this mornin her nappy was full of them because we'd had them with tea yesterday.

Gracie

What's Up?

Tuesday, August 9th 2011, 7:35pm

Don't worry, that's normal. It's takes a while for babies' digestive systems to properly mature and so lots of things go straight through to start with. You will see all kinds of things! I was glad I knew that black streaks are as a result of bananas, stopped me freaking out I can tell you!

Don't let it put you off!

xx

TTC since 04/06

One early loss, 04/09

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Tuesday, August 9th 2011, 10:30pm

Oooh, we didn't have black streaks!!

Didn't Bells have glitter one time?

Gracie

What's Up?

Wednesday, August 10th 2011, 1:43pm

Yes, I think so, I think some glittery Playdough or suchlike was consumed! All girls should have glittery poo I reckon!!

Anyway, have been meaning to add, I've found another hit food - Soreen Malt Bread, it's very chewy and has sultanas in it and Freya loves it! I love it too, even though it gets stuck in my teeth a bit - a problem she doesn't yet have!

Oh, and she ate a jumbo king prawn yesterday too! I couldn't believe it (still not sure she should have them but she's still alive today so no worries there!) Also, she very much enjoyed part of my 99 ice cream yesterday [zx161] Her first try of proper Mr Whippy!!

xx

TTC since 04/06

One early loss, 04/09

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, August 10th 2011, 1:55pm

Ah yes, O loves prawns too. And Mr Whippy! Although she's not quite got the idea that you stick your Tongue out and lick the ice cream rather than shoving it all into your mouth!!

My ice lolly moulds have arrived today!!! Yey!!!

rianon

Wednesday, August 10th 2011, 7:47pm

Dinner conversation (Danube grinning from ear to ear munching on her toast):

- Are you sure you don't want to give her more baby-like food?
- Why?
- She might actually eat more then.
- Do you mind she doesn't eat so much?
- No.
- Ok.
- Ok.

Oh but I did give her yoghurt and she loves her spoon! :-)

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, August 10th 2011, 10:00pm

:snigger: my DH was like 'it'll never work, she won't eat anything' and then bam, she 'got' it and we've not looked back since!

We've always given yoghurt on a spoon too. That was my way of making sure she got her milk in.

The thing I think with BLW is that they not only learn to feed themselves but regulate their own appetite and stuff too. Plus they learn to chew before they swallow (which for us has been a god send cos she keeps putting stones in her mouth but luckily she keeps trying to chew them so I finally realise she's eating a stone and can fish it out! She doesn't swallow anything that isnt chewed up!)

I love it. It's the best decision ive ever made. It's not for the faint hearted but it's certainly been the best thing for us. I can eat a hot meal, we can eat as a family, I have to cook healthy food and so as a result I eat better too.

LOVE it!

Gracie

What's Up?

Thursday, August 11th 2011, 2:48pm

Keep at it Rianon, I was quite unsure at first as Freya didn't really eat anything either. The thing is, milk is still the main nutrition for babies so food is not that important until after they are one. All the time she plays with food and puts it in her mouth she is learning. Freya has refused being spoon fed from the start and will only do it herself, she now has a pretty good aim where spoon feeding is concerned!

Last night she wouldn't eat her dinner, she just played with it, I don't know why but I didn't make a big deal out of it. I gave her a banana and yoghurt for pudding (which I was going to do anyway) and she ate the whole thing. I guess maybe she just didn't want or need chicken and rice!

Flic is right, I get to eat a hot dinner too and all of us are probably eating a bit better than we were.

You'll start to see amazing results in the next few weeks - Freya is just over nine months and sat beautifully at my In Laws' dinner table on Monday lunchtime. She ate a massive portion of fish pie (haddock, salmon and king prawns) with carrots, peas and green beans, followed by strawberries and cream - I can't ask for more than that!

xxx

TTC since 04/06

One early loss, 04/09

JENSQUI

Thursday, August 11th 2011, 3:28pm

you know what though, don't sweat it if you do want to give her mashed up, traditional 'baby' food as well. Martha is 19 mnths now and we spend a lot of time with many different babies the same age. Some of those followed a purely BLW approach, some a traditional weaning staged approach and some, like Martha a kind of mix and match approach. Is there any difference in their eating habits now? Not that I can see. They all have their favourite foods, all have foods they consistently won't eat and all eat pretty much the same food as the rest of the family.

BFP Jun 08 - early loss

rianon

Friday, August 26th 2011, 6:48pm

Jensqui I couldn't agrre more. Yes they all grow up in the end and just do all things properly :) But in the meantime why not have mummies have fun (& proper meals themselves). I also tend to find that a finger-food meal makes a tiny bit less mess than her shaking the spoon in all possible directions.

Gracie

What's Up?

Tuesday, September 6th 2011, 9:41pm

OK, so Freya is doing very well with her eating. At least I think she is, I've nothing to compare to so just have to assume that all is good. Breakfast and dinner generally go well but lunch is not so good, especially since she has stopped eating tomatoes and just throws them over the side. I think she is just not so hungry at lunchtime for some reason. Still, have started to give her snacks now too and she is down to three BFs a day (and still two at night :rolleyes: apart from the odd night of much longer sleep!)

Anyway, I've just found out today that her iron levels are a bit low (alarming trip to hospital with scary rash at the weekend resulting in blood tests, this is how I know) so came home today with giant bottle of iron medicine :yuk: The alarming rash turned out to be a virus and nothing to worry about, she just looks like I've beaten her with a stick as her legs are covered in bruises from it!

The trouble is she is not doing very well with iron rich foods, ie egg and broccoli, which get thrown over the side without so much as a taste! I DID succeed in getting her to eat some omelette the other day but any other form of egg is just played with - even scrambled with a tonne of cheese in it! The broccoli is still regarded with disgust, although having said that she did eat a bit in with a salmon pasta dish I made the other day.

So I guess I just have to be persistent and keep offering these things and hope that at some point she will give them a try. It's funny how she trys it on too, sometimes she makes a real fuss like she's not going to eat a thing - DH and I generally ignore this and it's amazing how she ends up tucking in! She hates me feeding her, unless it's yoghurt or jelly and she's very clear about when she's had enough. Oh, and the latest is she has started to point to things she wants, generally from my plate, this is quite handy as she's often just after her water and it's nice that she is communicating with us on a basic level now.

The next thing to crack is getting her onto formula, at least this way I can be sure of a decent iron intake and hopefully she might sleep through the night too. I just need to wait for this virus to shove off - she has had a really running nose and is really stuffed up - and then I shall tackle it!

Hope everyone else is still getting on well.

xxx

TTC since 04/06

One early loss, 04/09

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Tuesday, September 6th 2011, 9:48pm

Ah Gracie, O has a bad cold too. I'm laid in bed now with the monitor on and can hear her sniffling and her nose running.

I had a lovely broccoli and cheese tart at the weekend. Would she eat something like that? And what about beef? I mean she doesn't have to eat loads of it but chewing it and sucking it and getting the flavour out might help. O loves beef pie!

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Wednesday, August 29th 2012, 9:06am

Hi everyone

I know this is a really old thread but is anyone else doing this?

We are just starting Cobi off. It's completely different from kj but something I am very keen on. Kj will eat pretty much anything but he's a pain to get to eat and has OCD around eating and mess and I don't want that for Cobi.

So today my little man had 8ozs milk for breakfast then I cut him a slice of toast and butter into strips. I love watching him exploring it and eating some and the places you find the crumbs lol

I'm gonna get him weighed today so we know where we starting from and I can monitor to make sure he getting enough whether that be food or milk.

He absolutely loves his milk so gonna keep that the main thing for now. He loves cheese though.

Gonna get him a sippy cup and some bibs today so here goes.x

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

Wednesday, August 29th 2012, 9:25am

I will be watching how you get on as I am thinking of BLW when the time comes. DS is also funny about food mess and can be lazy at times and want to be spoon fed. I also wonder when I will ever have time to do all the pureeing!!! :snigger:

rianon

Wednesday, August 29th 2012, 11:07am

Hi Ladies I will also be on board with my second one :-) I know baby has to be born first though :-) I already did BLW with DD and it was great. Not sure whether its her natural food loving, BLW or all the lovely healthy food we keep eating but she would raid the fuit / veg cupboard and march of to the playground with a cucumber in hand :-) So very funny & great!! I will do a mixed approach though as our family loves soup which is a puree anyway and we eat cereal for breakfast - but might just let him/her mess around with it with hands. Good luck to you both with BLW and as you said Gemma milk is the main food at this time anyway xx

PS: Gemma what is OCD? Sorry I'm quite stupid with abbreviatons.

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Wednesday, August 29th 2012, 7:07pm

Jasper- ds still wants to be spoon fed and I have been guilty cause done it cause I want him to eat. But no more. He won't starve and he quite capable of doing it.

Rianon OCD is obsessive compulsive disorder. Ds is really funny with some things.

So I reckon Cobi is ready now. He is 24 weeks and weighing in at 18lbs 13ozs. And he is constantly grabbing for what we eat.

Went for dinner today and he had some gherkin. He actually quite liked it. But like I say we not giving him loads cause in no rush.x

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Saturday, September 1st 2012, 11:00am

BLW mantra 'Food is for fun until they're one!'

I did BLW and O also loves food and eating!

Milk is they're main source of nutrician but you will be able to have go meals together and everything!!

fuzzy bee

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Sep 10th 2010

What's Up?
Tired but happy!

Saturday, September 1st 2012, 11:11pm

Hi all!
Gemma I can't remember if I said it in chat but we're doing blw because I am so not spoon feeding these two little munchkins!
I started at 24 1/2weeks with some steamed carrot sticks and cucumber sticks. Stuck with that meal plan for a few days then every day I started to add a different veg and waited a couple of weeks to add fruits. They are loving it! I was prepared for play and no consumption for a few months but the nappies are telling me otherwise - proper grown up poos!!

Be prepared for some stick, my mum keeps trying to shove food into them even though she knows they can do it themselves, she also keeps insisting I try spoon feeding them. I tried to feed them porridge one day but after finding it everywhere (hair, eyebrows, ears!!) so that has put me off mush/puree and spoon feeding!!

I tend to leave the skins on things and they have a little gag/choke and eventually they'll spit the skin out. DS likes to keep gumming/sucking on stuff well after his meal has finished (I found a bit of chicken an hour later after bath and midway through bottle, didn't even realise it was there!!)

As you can tell I'm loving it! It's such a pleasure to watch them exploring their food and trying to work out what they like and don't like. Now I just need to start making proper meals instead of just bits of veg/cheese/meat. That's my next plan, to cook meals that we can all eat together (instead of mee eating their leftovers!!) so broccoli cheese next week methinks!

I do have a question for others about reheating food like meat/rice. Obviously you can't give them food hot but after reheating it is it still ok to serve it cooled? I get so confused about it!
Also any tips on easy to make meals that little messy hands can eat?

Good luck Gemma! Keep me posted, would love to hear someone else is doing!
And Flic thank you for all your tips so far, I'll keep picking your brain I'm sure!!
[zx102]

IUI Nov 09 BFN ..... 1st ICSI Oct 10 BFP m/c 8weeks ;( ..... 2nd ICSI June 11 [zx076] [zx076]
MY DIARY

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

What's Up?
Beyond sad :sadface:

Sunday, September 2nd 2012, 7:39am

1st IVF :BFN: 1st FET no transfer :sadface: 2nd IVF :BFP: DS born 2012
2nd FET :BFP: early loss :sadface: 3rd IVF Feb/Mar14 :BFN:

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Sunday, September 2nd 2012, 7:44am

Fuzzy, pick all you like! I also loved it! O has no problems whatsoever chewing her food up. And I think it's helped stop the whole 'putting little things in their mouths and choking' thing too. She once spat out a 5p piece because she couldn't chew it up!!

My mum also wasnt very approving until she saw her filling her face with pasta like there was no tomorrow and then proceeded to lick the tray!!

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Sunday, September 2nd 2012, 7:50am

Thanks FB some really interesting things there.

Cobi loves sucking on cucumber. Think the cold helps his teeth.

We had jacket potatoes the other day so I scooped the inside out,mixed it wit butter, cheese and tuna and rolled it in to balls. He loved it but it was everywhere.

Thanks for the link ct will defo be having a look at that in the coming weeks.

Wonder what Cobi will have for breakfast this morning? Is it safe to give him a hard boiled egg yet. My mum is allergic to eggs (cause her migraines) and not sure if we should wait. But surely he has egg in other things anyway.

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Sunday, September 2nd 2012, 7:51am

Flic I can just imagine your mums face and then lo licking the face. It's so hard to convince parents who haven't experienced it before. I am waiting for the first proper gagging episode cause my mum will die!!!!

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(

Sunday, September 2nd 2012, 8:10am

My LO was a natural baby led weaned, but I only discovered this after making a ton of puréed food, which she wouldn't touch! I just ended up thickening and making into patties, which she could handle and eat. She is such a good eater and will eat anything just about! In the early days because she tended to have her dinner earlier than us, the she would have whatever we had eaten the night before. I cook without salt now and using baby stock, so everything I cook, she can have. Now she eats at the same time as us as she is eating a little later.

Now my LO is 1 - how careful do I have to be with salt etc? Obviously still careful, but I'm asking because we were eating out in a restaurant and I was having a lovely creamy risotto, it was more salty than we'd Normally have. LO loved it, but I was conscious of the salt, so didnt give her much.

I have to say I agree with Flic too. My LO won't swallow anything that she can't chew, so we have (touch wood) never had a choking incident. I found her with a little stone in her mouth the other day, but it was just in there because she couldn't break it up. She still only has 2 teeth, but it makes no difference to what she can eat.

Eggs of any kind are a favourite, so I make a lot of boiled, scrambled and quiche etc. Pasta mixed with a bit of Philly cheese and anything added is also good, LO loves tuna or asparagus added. Not sure how early you can give them pesto, but that is another favourite. Fish - so easy, fried or put int the oven in breadcrumbs, she'd eat a whole fillet! Fish cakes are good too. Also, take minced pork or chicken and mix with puréed fruit and make into sticks, out in the oven for half an humour and you have a tasty finger food. LO loved wakes wakes cakes, which are basically weta is, cornflakes, milk and banana all mixed together and put in the oven. They come like little muffins, so are easy to eat. We eat a very balanced diet and everyone comments how good she is at eating and we can take her anywhere. Less mess as time goes on too!

Don't beat yourself up if your baby doesn't take to baby led weaning though, some don't -they are all different. Baby led weaning in my eyes is essentially that, baby led. If they want to eat themselves encourage it, but if not spoon feed for a bit longer then give it another go. Xx

We have 3 snow babies waiting for us.

Sunday, September 2nd 2012, 8:13am

Gemma - just tell your mum gagging is good! It is because your LO is taking control and learning about the boundaries within their own little mouths. Babies gag reflex is further forward to prevent more choking, it is actually very rare you would have a proper choking incident, but there might be lots of gagging! Just be careful because if they were choking there would be no noise due to blocked tubes. Xx

We have 3 snow babies waiting for us.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE