You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Danielle" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 2nd 2008

Children: One beautiful little boy born 31/07/09, One beautiful little girl born 25/02/11

Thursday, September 15th 2011, 10:36pm

Work Life Balance!

I have just returned to work after having DD and am struggling. I am a teacher and luckily only work 3 days, but the amount of work I have to do outside school is crazy and I am struggling to fit it all in whilst looking after 2 children in the day. I managed to get them both to sleep today at 1pm and they were both still asleep at gone 4pm. I would never, ever let them sleep that long in the day but I was so desperate to get my work done, especially as I'm being observed in the week. DS is still awake now, it's 10.30pm!! I put him down to bed at 8pm and he's been up in his room playing and chatting ever since. I feel so guilty! Poor thing will be shattered tomorrow and all because I wanted some time to get my planning done.

My DH works away a lot and most weekends so he isn't around to take the children while I get on with my work. I am constantly thinking about work, checking e-mails from my team and wondering what I need to plan next. (our school is due to have Ofsted in November as we failed out last inspection so the amount of pressure and paper is awful) I hate it as I just want to be a mummy on my days off but I'm finding it hard and am always guilt ridden! X(

I think I just needed to get it off my chest, not sure what I can do about it, apart from leave my job, but not sure I can do that right now. :sadface:

ICSI #1 BFP MAY'08 ;( MC @ 8 WKS

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Friday, September 16th 2011, 12:13pm

Oh honey. I'm sorry you're under so much stress.

I'm starting uni in a couple of weeks and will be working part time so I'm going to be in the same situation soon.

I find planning and writing a list of what I have to do and limiting my time checking emails to a certain time helps.

My plan for uni is to do as much work there are possible. When I can't it's going away till O is in bed.

That's the idea anyway!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Reg: Jun 30th 2011

Children: 1 gorgeous boy Ben

Friday, September 16th 2011, 1:10pm

Hi Danielle

It must be tought having 2 little ones when you also work. I work full time 5 days a week my son his 2 and I have days where I feel really guilty and stressed.

The way I see it is this - everthing you're doing you're doing for them nice clothes holidays etc. As long as you spend quality time at the weekends.

My mum was and still is a psychiatric nurse and always worked full time when I was liitle. It has never made a difference to me as I remember all the fun things we did back then. We are and always will be very close.

Don't beat yourself up you are doing really really well :thumbup: :thumbup:

Claire
x
MARCH 2008 IVF #1 BFN :bawl: GRATEFUL FOR 7 SNOW BABIES FROM THIS CYCLE

JUNE 2008 4 SNOW BABIES THAWED AND 2 PUT BACK RESULTING IN OUR BFP!!

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Friday, September 16th 2011, 4:44pm

Hi Danielle,
I haven't got kids, but I am a teacher and I know there is little work/life balance. I also know how stressful it is with the observations etc. Can DH or a member of your family help you a bit? Especially when you have to be observed and/or ofsteded or if there a re special deadlines for you like reports etc..?
Take care
:xxx:

• "Danielle" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 2nd 2008

Children: One beautiful little boy born 31/07/09, One beautiful little girl born 25/02/11

Friday, September 16th 2011, 6:38pm

Thanks ladies. Got a horrible cold today so I've not got any work done or been a fun mummy today, can't win eh?!
DH is working all weekend, so my mum is going to have DS and DD for a few hours on Sunday. I'll just have to be super organised and get it all done then. I was supposed to be meeting up with an old friend and her kids on Sunday, something always has to give.

ICSI #1 BFP MAY'08 ;( MC @ 8 WKS

Reg: Apr 11th 2011

Children: 11 year old daughter (IVF)

Friday, September 16th 2011, 9:58pm

I work part time and before DD started school I often put her in nursery for an extra morning if I had work to do at home, not ideal as A you want to spend time with them and B it's extra money but at least I knew when I could get the work done and make my mummy plans around it x
PCOS + poor mobility = ISCI April 11

Age 40 so odds against me! :8o:

xxxxx

:BFP: 24th April!!

Baby Lily arrived 16th Dec 2011

GemH

Star

Reg: Nov 27th 2006

Location: Romford - Me 30. MC @ 14 wks Aug 03. 7 courses of Clomid all bfn, waiting for af to start iui when shock natural bfp. M/C 29/06/2010.Separated from ex-DH in 07/10. In a new(ish) relationship with an old friend and ttc no 2 :)

Children: George 21/11/2008 - my surprise natural bfp. Oliver 09/05/2013 - my little happy chappy

Saturday, September 17th 2011, 4:33pm

Hiya

I work full time and completely sympathesis, I never have enough time, am tired when I am with G and constantly feel guilty. However, as previously said I also tell myself its to pay for living, its not for fun and if there was another way Id find it. I think its a good idea to take some time just to do that and then you can concentrate on doing fun Mummy stuuf.

:hugs: xx

Reg: Oct 6th 2009

Children: One daughter born Feb '11

Saturday, September 17th 2011, 7:34pm

Hi Haven't got any adice just wanted to share that i'm in exactly the same boat - I started back teaching recently 4 days a week in a school that is once again due a full ofsted inspection because we failed a few years back and went into special measures. The work load is unbearable - I used to be very competent and organised with planning and stuff and since having DD and going back to work I am seriously stressed and slacking - not through choice but due to the fact that there just aren't enough minutes in the day to get everything done. When i'm at work all I can think about is DD - I just don't feel capable any more. I hate not doing my job properly and I'm really beginning to dislike all the SLT for putting so much pressure on. I am looking for way's to make a million ha ha. Sorry, that really hasn't helped :(