You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

taxihome

• "taxihome" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Wednesday, November 16th 2011, 7:50pm

Getting Dressed/Undressed is world war 3

Hiya

My munchkin is a beast to get dressed & undressed.
After yet another day of the same palava I am desperate to find a way to stop the ear piercing screams. The child sounds like I am murdering her, bringing her back to life to murder her again. The police will be a knocking soon!
Mi is not so bad in the morning. A top & Tail & the only proper moan is when something goes over her head, but after a bath OMG!!!
The child is a mentalist.
The second she is out of the bath it starts. She gets so worked up, fights me & now scratches me. Proper tears & everything.
It seems to get worse every night. She is know setting of the Prince Lionheart sensor in a different room.

What can I do?????

Thanks in advance

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "taxihome" (Nov 16th 2011, 7:51pm)

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Wednesday, November 16th 2011, 8:18pm

Oh dear, she sounds like a feisty one!

Sorry, can't offer much in the way of advice but have you got any of those wrap around vests? They were brilliant for my LO when she was tiny, much less faff than over the head stuff. Plus I used to do a mean rendition of the hockey cockey for each body part that went through a sleeve or leg. I think Mothercare sell them, Pumpkin Patch certainly do or check out La Redoute's website.

I don't know on the bath thing, maybe cuddle her dry for a few minutes before trying to dress her?

Hope things get better soon.

xx

Me - 39 AMH 1.79, DH - 43
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

Reg: Feb 9th 2010

Children: 1 perfect boy born after icsi tx

Wednesday, November 16th 2011, 9:23pm

Speed, do it as QUICK AS POSSIBLE

Although Gracies suggestions are probably more sympathetic to little Mimi : D

FET JAN 2012 - 2 embies :BFN:
2 still on ice for another day xfingers

My Diary

jodiedoo

Ireland

Reg: Mar 20th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
All's great here

Wednesday, November 16th 2011, 10:29pm

H&M do those wrap around vests also. My little fella's got better over time but if he's really tired he'll get cranky again. What about bathing her earlier in the day when she's not so tired?
Good luck xxx
TTC 10 years..... Me 41 Dh 48 Jodie's ICSI Diary

Polly Pocket

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Wednesday, November 16th 2011, 10:45pm

Both our girls have gone through stages of being less than happy about getting dressed, distraction is the best thing that has worked for us but it doesn't always work. Is she into holding things yet? That can help, giver her something smallish you can fit through a sleeve. Singing, peek-a-boo and with DD1 calming her down before I attempted to put her clothes on helped.

Oh and they also sell those wrap around vests in Tesco.

Good luck and I hope you find something that works soon.

xxx

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

Hoping77

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Thursday, November 17th 2011, 7:41am

Sorry but I couldn't help but laugh at your post Taxi :laugh: Nathan is kind of similar, as in he has a whinge when I dress him. He doesn't scream but he cries to tell me he isn't happy. I try to be so gentle too. He's not so bad putting things over his head, it's when I put his arms and legs in babygros. It's like I am bending them in awkward positions but I assure you I am not. Like some of the others have said I do peekaboo or say things to try and make it fun. I really want to nip it in the bud before he gets old enough to take his own clothes off in a tantrum!! I've seen it on Tiny Tearaways and programmes like that. I think bribery may be in order if it gets like that but hopefully I can sort it before he gets wise LOL!

Keep us posted on how you get on and if you find anything that works a treat!

:xxx3:

Hoping77

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Thursday, November 17th 2011, 7:42am

P.S. He loves getting undressed though - DH and I joke he will be a nudist when he is older :snigger:

taxihome

• United Kingdom

Thursday, November 17th 2011, 12:38pm

LOL Hoping

Thanks all for the advice. I do talk to her & try to play with her but she hates my guts during this time. I stop, pick her up & she calms down, lay her back down again and WHAAAAAAAA. Maybe she has an opinion on my fashion sense. I think it has a tad to do with getting out of the bath. She loves it in there now. (Did'nt at first). Maybe I take her out too quick. Or maybe she is just a grumpy bint :snigger:

I shall try bathing her early so thanks for that suggestion. I normaly do around 7pm so I will try an hr earlier.

If you hear sirens & swat teams around 6 oclock tonight you know who called them & where they are going. Mimi rang & it is me they are coming for!!!! :)

xxx

[zx071]
MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "taxihome" (Nov 17th 2011, 12:40pm)

Reg: May 28th 2009

Thursday, November 17th 2011, 2:25pm

Hi Taxihome - she will grow out of it, trust me! But as soon as she stops throwing a wobbly over that, she will find something else to test you on!

I repeat the above advice - do it quickly! And maybe wear ear plugs! LOL

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Friday, November 18th 2011, 12:33pm

NH is right, the tantrums only get more frequent!! :snigger:

Your LO might be a bit young for this yet but when it's time to take Freya out of the bath we take all her toys out and say bye bye to them all, she waves and has learnt this is the end of bath time. Still, worth a try as she will soon pick it up! In fact, following PP's advice I seem to say bye bye to quite a lot of things these days........................

Me - 39 AMH 1.79, DH - 43
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

taxihome

• United Kingdom

Monday, November 21st 2011, 8:21pm

LOL Thanks Gracie.
I am pleased to report taht the last 3 days have been muchbetter.

I have combined everyones advice.
She now baths a tad earlier & when she is wide awake. I keep her in longer & try to stretch the neck out on her vests. I sing as always & coo at her.
I do have a popper vest but only 1.

Anyway, so far so good so thank you all.
:xxx3: :xxx: :xxx3:

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Reg: May 28th 2009

Tuesday, November 22nd 2011, 2:19pm

Might be something in the water but Lily's now starting to protest about getting dressed again and is doing a lovely high pitched scream and throws herself backwards in protest. It's just another thing to throw a tantrum about nowadays, luckily they are over as quickly as they begin at the moment!

taxihome

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, November 22nd 2011, 3:31pm

Awwww! Bless her. Mi has started to moan about getting in her snow suit now too. Ah well the joys, the joys of parenhood. Who'd change it eh!
x

[zx071]
MY DIARY

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE