You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Ailly" started this thread

Reg: Sep 30th 2010

Friday, December 23rd 2011, 11:53am

9 wk old, sleeping all night but eating all morn on hungry milk

Hi eveyone

Not been on in a while busy with baby hope everyome is well and looking forward to Christmas.

My baby has been great eating 5 oz every 4 ish hour and finally sleeping 9/10 hours at night result yes BUT ... he gets up at 7am and is constantly feeding ,12 oz in 4.5 hours its getting tiring and crying for more even after a wee nap and he is on aptamil hungry milk.

Any suggestions ?? :?:
:xmastree:
Ailly

Me30 , DH 35 -Unexplained Fertility
TTC since Mar 08 - AMH 36, 21
Been on GRI IUI waiting list since June 09
1st IUI starting 27/12/10 = :BFP:

Baby Sam born 18/10/11 5lb 9. (9 days early) :bubs:

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Friday, December 23rd 2011, 12:17pm

Ten hours at his age is almost unheard of (you might want to keep that quiet, some new mums might lynch you for that!! :snigger: ) He's certainly going to be starving hungry after that. They're not really built for going such long periods between meals.

I know that at that age I could be up feeding every two hours throughout the night and all day too if they were going through a growth spurt so I think you're boy's probably giving you an easier time than most.

I'm not really a big fan of 'hungry baby' labels as all babies are hungry to a greater or lesser degree and all will cry for food. The problem is that it can be harder to digest (due to the casein/whey ratio - which is why he sleeps so long between feeds) and that means he won't feed as frequently as he should do throughout the night (naturally it's little and often) so he'll have to make it up during the day.

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Friday, December 23rd 2011, 4:28pm

Hey

Perhaps you could try setting an alarm and doing a dream feed part way through the night? It might help even things out a bit? I know it will be hard to get up in the night but it might make things easier for you in the morning.

x

Me - 39 AMH 1.79, DH - 43
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

• "Ailly" started this thread

Reg: Sep 30th 2010

Friday, December 23rd 2011, 7:09pm

Bells - your reply is spot on I am so lucky im not up during the night now its fab, if it means feeding all morn then so be it . Id rather that that be up during night as i am fresh. Think I panicked this morn he settled into 3 hour feeds in the afternoon.

Gracie - Thanks but my mission was not to be up at night as we all long for a good night sleep.
Thank you
Ailly

Me30 , DH 35 -Unexplained Fertility
TTC since Mar 08 - AMH 36, 21
Been on GRI IUI waiting list since June 09
1st IUI starting 27/12/10 = :BFP:

Baby Sam born 18/10/11 5lb 9. (9 days early) :bubs:

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, December 26th 2011, 7:44am

I'm with Bells. I think a lot of babies get labeled as hungry babies when in fact they no different really.

My LO was a 'hungry' baby but I kept her on normal milk and just fed her on demand. She also slept through from about 12 weeks ish. But that was without hungry baby milk.

The sleep was amazing but feeding during the day to make up for night wasn't a problem.

Their stomachs are so little that they have to eat often.

The HV also thought I had started weaning early when I took her to get weighed because she'd gone from being a little dot to being huge! Truth was she was just growing. I didn't wean until 6 months!

Don't worry about the eating all morning chick!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE