You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Moonshine" started this thread

Reg: Jul 3rd 2008

Children: 2 beautiful twin daughters :)

Sunday, January 8th 2012, 12:22pm

Multiple Food Allergies and Possible Coeliac Disease :(

We've been having a bit of a rough ride lately with our little G and health and many sleep problems that have been going on since September. After a number of blood tests she's been found to be allergic to peanuts, cow's milk, egg whites and soya. I suspected she had a simple wheat allergy, so on the advice of my GP, I cut out wheat from her diet and she showed a dramatic improvement within a few days. The wheat allergy tests was negative, so I now have to put her on a wheat and gluten diet again for an accurate Coeliac screen. We are one morning in and already her stomach is bloated and she's really unhappy. That's just on a small bowl of cereal and 1/2 slice toast. I know it's totally necessary, but I feel that I am purposely making her unwell again at the minute and not sure how we are all going to cope with even more disrupted nights with her screaming in pain :( We've got an appointment with the padiatrician on the 17th Jan and have also been referred to a dietician for guidance, so things are moving, but it's all so very daunting!

Does anyone else have any experience with allergies and/or coeliac disease?

Moonshine

Mr C

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 30th 2008

Children: Blessed with NonId Twin Girls!

Sunday, January 8th 2012, 6:35pm

Blimey Moony, hardly easy is it :(

Must be a nightmare, I hate being a parent that is powerless to stop them feeling ill. We wanna do everything to help them but sometimes there isn't much we can do.

Fingers crossed things are moving in the right direction.
Our Diary
ISCI 1 - Mar/Apr 2009 - :BFN: ICSI 2 - Dec/Jan 2010 - :BFN: ISCI 3 - Mar/Apr 2010 - :BFP:
Our twin girls were born at 38 weeks on 21st December 2010. Feeling very blessed.

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Sunday, January 8th 2012, 9:32pm

Oh honey. No advice but thinking of you and little G.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Monday, January 9th 2012, 5:19pm

Hey

So sorry to read your post, you must be so worried about everything at the moment. I really hope the doctor can get to the bottom of your LO's problems soon.

I don't know much about coeliac disease but I know/have known several people who suffer with it. My husband's aunt was diagnosed recently and I know her health improved dramatically once they'd got to the bottom of her problem so I think it's one of those things that if managed well doesn't cause day to day issues. I think she had a hard time getting a diagnosis though so it sounds like you're on the right track by being persistent. I am pretty sure that the 'This Morning' GP has the condition, I can't remember his name (not helpful) but I bet you'd be able to Google it. I think he has a website about it all.

xxx

Me - 39 AMH 1.79, DH - 43
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

• "Moonshine" started this thread

Reg: Jul 3rd 2008

Children: 2 beautiful twin daughters :)

Monday, January 9th 2012, 8:59pm

Thanks guys :)

No, it's not easy Mr C! We finally get M's hip problems sorted and we're faced with another bout of hospital visits. We should rent a car parking space, it'd be far cheaper given the amount of time we spend there :rolleyes:

Thanks Flic, your thoughts are much appreciated!

Gracie, thanks for your post too. I've suspected for a while that coeliac may be a possibility, in fact, I wouldn't be surprised in DH has it. If we are to face it, it wouldn't be a huge problem for us - just a case of organisation and small changes in habits.

However, now all of these new allergies have come to light, it could just be an accumulation of these that have been causing her distress...she's a mystery at the moment. Still one way or the other we'll get there. Day two of wheat wasn't too bad, but she woke up this morning at 4.40am crying, with a very swollen face and she's beginning to get a pasty look about her . She's been happy enough though and got through her first day at pre-school without a glitch :)

Moonshine

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, January 9th 2012, 10:37pm

Awww! I can't believe they've started pre school!!!

I'm sure you will get through it chick. G is probably just after a bit more attention :D

On a more serious note though I am sure you'll sort it. You're a tough cookie and your girls are too.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!