You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Gracie

• "Gracie" started this thread

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Tuesday, January 31st 2012, 4:52pm

Anyone got a Zeta Vooom? Or can you guys recommend a cheap, lightweight buggy please?

I am looking for a cheap, lightweight buggy that I can use for travelling abroad.

The thing is, I don't really want this item as I love my iCandy Cherry but it's no good at all for going on a plane with as it's in two pieces. Therefore, I really want to spend as little money as possible but at the same time I want something half decent.

I've come across the Zeta Vooom on E-Bay and it seems to fit the bill, has anyone got one?

Thanks!

xxx

Me - 39 AMH 1.79, DH - 43
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

Reg: Oct 19th 2009

Tuesday, January 31st 2012, 7:45pm

Hiya,

i can reccomend the Mamas & Papas PiPi exclusively from Argos, it is a lightweight stroller buggy that lies flat from birth, folds like a Mclarens, looks gorgeous, there is a fushia pink one and a turquoise one, and only £69.99, i have it as a 2nd portable buggy for london tubes & buses!

not heard of the other one

xx
Anna
2nd ICIS Jan 2011 :BFP:

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 22nd 2008

Children: Beautiful twin daughters and two grown up stepdaughters

Tuesday, January 31st 2012, 8:07pm

I love my Petite Star Zia from Argos. If you google you, they also have a seconds website where you can pick them up really cheaply. I bought for travelling but it is so much easier and lighter than my fancy one.
Newly Wed

ICSI December 2008 - chemical pregnancy
ICSI May 2009 - BFN
FET September 2009 - BFP
Beautiful twin girls born 30 April 2010

Gracie

What's Up?

Tuesday, January 31st 2012, 8:11pm

Thanks Ladies, am off to check those two out!

TTC since 04/06

One early loss, 04/09

Reg: Aug 12th 2010

What's Up?
(",)

Thursday, March 15th 2012, 7:27pm

Hi Gracie - which stroller did you go for in the end? I'm in a similar situation as you - I have an iCandy Cherry that won't travel well. I don't want a new buggy, but know I need one for travelling :)
Aug/Sept 2010 ICSI :BFP: :girl:

Gracie

What's Up?

Thursday, March 15th 2012, 8:29pm

Hi Chilli

I didn't! By some natural miracle I am now pg with number 2 so no need to go to Barcelona for tx so no need for a buggy! I am now looking for a tandem one instead! :snigger:

I reckon I would have gone for the Zeta Voom though, it looks pretty good and was very reasonably priced, have a look on E-Bay. I wanted to spend as little money as possible on it! Mamas and Papas had a reasonable looking one too which was about £65 I think.

It's a shame i-Candy don't make something that folds down in one piece isn't it!

xx

TTC since 04/06

One early loss, 04/09

What's Up?
(",)

Thursday, March 15th 2012, 9:53pm

Oh that's brilliant news! Congratulations Gracie! Stories like that make me go all warm inside :)

Yeah, Ebay sounds like a good idea. I think my only criteria is (as well as being reasonably priced) that it needs to recline to flat. Buying a pram/buggy the first time was hard, I'm having the same trouble this time with the amount of choice available. I'll be off to the local Mothercare shop to try them out - see how many LO will let me try out.

Reg: Feb 9th 2010

Children: 1 perfect boy born after icsi tx

Thursday, March 15th 2012, 10:17pm

Chilli, last year before I went on holiday I was having a browse round my local charity shop and picked up a fantastic mamas and papas stroller, pristine condition, really like new. Cost me €15, I was over the moon with it. I didn't want to buy something new and then take it on a plane and have it hammered about by baggage handlers and get all scraped and dented so this done the trick nicely. It's been away on trips with us 5 times since then and still going strong.

Maybe worth a try if you have any decent charity shops around, mine has a whole section just for babies and kids stuff, it's amazing what some people hand in to them. x

FET JAN 2012 - 2 embies :BFN:
2 still on ice for another day xfingers

My Diary

Reg: Mar 15th 2012

Children: Evelyn Kate

Friday, March 16th 2012, 12:15am

Hello I came across this as I'm in similar situation! Coincidently I used to have an iCandy cherry but sold it for an iCandy strawberry which folds with seat on. I'm going away this summer, not sure whether to take my iCandy or get a cheap buggy? Any suggestions anyone
Baby Evelyn born 02.11.10 : D

What's Up?
(",)

Tuesday, March 20th 2012, 9:25pm

I bought a Mama's and Papas Pipi stroller today from Argos. It was reduced from £70 to £55. I checked eBay out and the used ones (I've no aversion to a used buggy, by the way) were around £40, delivery costs were about a £10 so for an extra £5, I got it straight away, didn't forget about the auction, didn't get outbid and didn't have to wait in for a delivery.

I like the way that the seat reclines - rather than having fixed positions in the chassis, its a strap that you adjust to the exact position that you want.