You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Lisa Lou

• "Lisa Lou" started this thread

Reg: Nov 1st 2008

Children: 2 gorgeous little Boys - our miracles!

What's Up?
I have the most gorgeous boys on the planet! x

Monday, February 6th 2012, 4:07pm

Is it normal to bleed this long after giving birth?

Hi girls, I'm after some advise please... I gave birth to my little boy 6 weeks ago this Thursday and to this very day I am still bleeding.
The blood loss started off bright red and heavy, then after I'd say 3-4 weeks it started to really slow down and darken in colour like it was tailing off, but now in week six its back to bright red again! Its not overly heavy, but defo still need wear a panty-liner or light pad.

Is it normal for the blood loss to go on this long and still be bright red? I heard 6 weeks was the max length and mine doesnt seem to be showing any signs of stopping anytime soon.

It's getting annoying now as its the final step to me being back to normal. And I've always been a tampax girl so having to use pads for so long isn't nice.

Any abuse or feedback would be great, thanks x

Lisa Lou
babydust

ME: 30, PCOS
DH: 32, Low Count

1st ICSI: BFP miscarriage @ 9 weeks
2 natural BFP both lost @ 8 weeks

March 11 FET: Beautiful BFP!! Baby Jayden arrived safe and sound on 29/12/2011, he is perfect!!
December 2012 shock natural BFP!! Baby Shay arrived quickly on 28/07/2013, he is gorgeous!!

Lisa Lou

What's Up?

Monday, February 6th 2012, 4:09pm

That was meant to be advise lol not abuse , bloody predictive text lol x

Lisa Lou
babydust

March 11 FET: Beautiful BFP!! Baby Jayden arrived safe and sound on 29/12/2011, he is perfect!!
December 2012 shock natural BFP!! Baby Shay arrived quickly on 28/07/2013, he is gorgeous!!

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:easter:

Monday, February 6th 2012, 4:52pm

Abuse or feedback, bless you :) autocorrect is a nightmare sometimes isn't it.

Fraid I can't help hon, didn't want to read and run, can't remember how long I bled for really, 2-3 weeks I think but was csection... Have you spoken to your GP? Hope someone helpful comes along soon hon xxxxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN :-(
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN :bawl:
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Scarlett

Reg: Oct 23rd 2007

Children: William aged 3

Monday, February 6th 2012, 4:54pm

Hi honey,

I bled for 8 weeks with William and like you mine tailed off and then became heavy again. I think the initial few weeks is post-birth bleeding and then you may have your period tagging on. If you're worried please have a word with your GP or health visitor and they can advise you, but as I say mine went on for 8 weeks and yes it's really annoying!!!

PS - I laughed out loud at your predictive text crack! rotf

nn
1st IVF July 2008 BFN
2nd IVF Nov 2008 BFN
3rd DE IVF July 2009 BFP!
4th DE IVFJan 2012 BFN

5th FET April 2012 BFN

*daisy*

Reg: Feb 3rd 2011

Children: One beautiful daughter -born Oct '11

What's Up?
I am PUPO. 2 blasts on board. OTD 30th Jan xx

Monday, February 6th 2012, 7:39pm

I bled for about 7 weeks and I had a c-section. But i would pop to the drs or mention it to your HV if you are worried at all xxx

5 - yes FIVE angels baby5 All early losses due to elevated NK cells.

1st IVF january 2011 resulted in our beautiful daughter born Oct 2011 bab10

My diary

Lisa Lou

What's Up?

Monday, February 6th 2012, 7:52pm

thanks for your replies, so it looks like over 6 weeks can be normal...which i guess is good news, just wish it would hurry up and go away! I have my 6 week post-natal appointment at doctors next week so if im still bleeding then i will bring it up.

And Scarlet i guess it could be a period aswell couldnt it, would explain why it started to tail off and then came back again.

Wi;ll see how it goes over the next week. thanks again x

Lisa Lou
babydust

Bride2Be

Turkey

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: 1 boy, 1 girl

What's Up?
Pah!!!!!!

Monday, February 6th 2012, 10:44pm

Hiya

I was bleeding for just over 6 weeks when i had my LO,hopefully it wil stop for you soon xx

Grace

Involuntary insomniac

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Tuesday, February 7th 2012, 8:13pm

It can go over 6 weeks and if you're not bfding then it may well be your first af. Have you had your 6 week check yet? if not then make an appointment to see your GP and you can ask them. Usually as long as you are not in pain and the blood/discharge does not smell and is not excessive then it's not a problem.

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Tuesday, February 7th 2012, 9:08pm

My bleed went on for about seven weeks. I was really fed up with it by the end, so tedious! Hope yours stops soon.

xx

Me - 39 AMH 1.79, DH - 43
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

Kitty

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 4th 2008

Children: One little boy, thanks to IVF

Wednesday, February 8th 2012, 10:24am

Like the others have said, if you're worried then mention it to your GP at your 6 week check, or call your mw.

However I would reiterate that it's normal to go over 6 weeks, as you've seen from the other posts. I bled for 10 weeks. I started to think something was wrong but I did a search on here (what would we do without FZ!) and found someone who bled for 13 weeks, which made me feel a bit better!

Hope it stops soon though, it makes you feel much more normal when it does!

Lisa Lou

What's Up?

Monday, May 7th 2012, 10:26pm

Thought I should update the this thread I started... I bled for 7.5 weeks in the end and then it stopped dead. Was very strange. I had my LO 18 weeks ago now and like I say bled for 7 weeks and have only had one period since! My last one was nearly 8 weeks ago!!! I'm defo not pregnant I know that for sure so guess its back to very irregular periods for me ... Damn Pcos, I was hoping pregnancy might kick my cycle into the normal 28 days but no such luck.
X

Lisa Lou
babydust

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Can't believe I'm a mummy of 2. Feel so blessed :)

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 7:08pm

Lisa Lou - when I had my son last July I think I bled for about 7 weeks and then I didn't have a period until November and it was what I would class as normal, lasting about 5 days. Like you I have PCOS so I thought I would just go back to having irregular cycles but since New Years Day I have had a period every 5 to 6 weeks lasting at least 2 weeks!! I would class this as regular but not sure what I prefer - having about 3 periods a year or having them this regular and them lasting this long. It's very annoying. I went to the docs and they said that it can be normal after pregnancy, what with your hormones etc but if it continues they can send me for further tests (scan) or I can go on the pill if I want my periods to be shorter.

I am wondering if I am ovulating more regularly now though as it would be nice to conceive naturally in the future.

Hopefully soon your cycles will just suddenly become regular but I hope they don't last as long as mine are LOL!

Good luck xx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE