You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Tabby" started this thread

Reg: May 19th 2010

Monday, February 13th 2012, 2:54pm

A mother's anxiousness over DD having friends

I really don’t know how to put this down in writing but I will try. I have 1 child (desperately tried/ trying for a sibling with no luck) and am forever worrying that she has friends to play with. It has got to the point that i feel the anxiousness in my chest when I think about her.

My dd is a very happy child and can play with boys as well as girls and gets along with lots of children. I take her to lots of classes to get her involved with others and she enjoys them all. My concern is that at school, she often plays with 1 girl (lets call her girl A) but another child (girl E) would say that my child can’t play with them, leaving my child to wander off to play with anyone else that will play with her. The other girls in her class seem to play with the same girls in pairs or threesomes & so I feel my child is left out. We live in the country, there are no houses close by, so if my child wants company, I would have to ask the childs parents if their child can come over. Girl A would come to our house to play (not very often but now & again) & my child would go to theirs but girl A’s mother has told me that girl E keeps asking if she can go to their house. Today she said she thinks she will ask girl E over to theirs and will let Child A go to Child E’s to help build child A’s confidence as she had such a good time at ours on Saturday and thinks maybe being on their estate would be good for her!! Now this has me even more worried as this might be the beginning of something worse... child A won’t want to come to ours when Child E lives in an estate and there is much more fun round an estate, with other girls in their class living there.

Am I normal or do I need help?
Tabby

Secondary Unexplained Infertility
DD- Aged 5

3 x Failed IUI's
1 x IUI cancelled due to cyst on ovary
1 x Failed IVF
1 x Failed FET

Hoping it happens naturally now!

taxihome

United Kingdom

Monday, February 13th 2012, 3:38pm

Oh I remember all this with my boys.
I use to cry myself to sleep worrying if my boys were in the playground all alone, watching others having fun.
The good news is,your LO has a friend. Yayyyyyy. One of very many to come I don't doubt.

IMO I would let LO go to her friends and still ask them to come to mine. You don't have to live on an estate or even have a garden. Kids don't have to be stimulated outdoors.
I would offer pyjama party's for 2 little friends. A DVD, popcorn and a tent in the living room or something.

Good friendships can be forged at this age and Child A will want to be around her friend, not the surrounding area or even the house. My youngest son had a friend who was temporarily living in a caravan. He loved it. I was worried but he loved it and equally his friend enjoyed being at ours. These 2 boys are the best of mates now and they are 22 years old.

You can but aid in this I am afraid. The friendships will or won't be forged, by the two little girls.

Good luck
X

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

• "Tabby" started this thread

Reg: May 19th 2010

Tuesday, February 14th 2012, 1:56pm

Thanks Taxi .... I worry about everything but she is happy so I know I shouldn't be worrying at all. Its good to know that I'm not going insane & that you've been through this & survived!!
Tabby

Secondary Unexplained Infertility
DD- Aged 5

3 x Failed IUI's
1 x IUI cancelled due to cyst on ovary
1 x Failed IVF
1 x Failed FET

Hoping it happens naturally now!