You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Saturday, March 3rd 2012, 10:56am

Hello ladies

according to the tally on this page this is the 1000th reply to this thread ........isn't it lovely that we all keep intouch after 3rd tri and come in here so often. :thumbsup:

so ladies i am having an utterly rubbish week.....i have no part time job to go back to and now my mum has fallen out with me AGAIN!!! FGS! the crapness is linked because with me and my mum as we are then i don;t want to rely on her for childcare with L so i can;t look for a day job anyway and will have to look for evening work as whatever i earn would be swallowed up by childminder/nursery fees so it won;t be worth it. luckily i've only been on SMP so i won;t have to pay anything back to work with regards to my mat leave. i think u only have to pay it back if u have had a super dooper maternity package and i only got he 6 weeks at 90% pay then stat mat after that.

anyho i won;t go on too much about my argument with my mum but basically it is the smoking thing again PLUS she asked me to take L round to hers while she was glossing (she's just had all her kitchen refurbished and everything needs painting/glossing). i wouldn;t mind going round if it was emulsion she was doing but i really don;t fancy taking L over while she is stood glossing as its smelly oil based stuff that gives me a headache so it would prob not be much good for L either.

so apparently i'm a neurotic mum cos i don;t like her picking up L just after she's had a cig (she never wears the smoking jacket i ask her to wear so its all on her clothes) and i'm over the top cos i want her to smoke ouside and not blow it out of her door while we're at her house and because i don;t want to go round while theres the fumes from glossing. she said L needs to smell different smells sooner or later....well i really don't think its necassary for my 8 month old baby to smell smoke or gloss!! there's also the fact she's always going on about L's weight as well.... she's very controlling my mum and likes everything done her way. i never used to argue with her like this before i had L but when its to do with my daughter i'm standing my ground. its just a shame cos i really want my mum and L to be close cos she is a good person and she really loves her. i just wish she wasn't so 'old school'. :-(

as for L. she's really cut down on her milk now. infact i'm offering mid morning bottles to try and get more into her. she only had 400ml yesterday and according to the aptimal tub she should be having 600ml a day to get all the nutrients she needs.

those of u with lo's 8 months and older (or grandughters :) ) how much milk do they have at L's age? i'm wondering on whether to start her on a vitamin supplement. maybe i should ask my HV what she thinks. the only bottle she's really interested in at the mo is the bedtime one. even the morning bottle when she's hungry she just has 2oz! is yogurt and cheese ect as good as having formula? she has a couple of teaspoons of natural yogurts a day and a stick of cheese....and cheese sauce on her dinners if its appropriate. maybe i'm over worrying at the moment. its crazy how only last week she was having loads of milk on now she's totally not interested.

blessed - i might try trying to make L wait longer for her breakfast solids then she might learn she needs to have more morning bottle and nap for longer on her mid morning nap :thumbsup:

eliz and blessed - whats this pillow u have both got? is it for flat head at the back? i used to worry about that too. 52 pounds is pricey...eeek! Hope it works

oh i found a answer to my getting ready on a morning problem.....L sits in her car seat in the bathroom while i shower....lol. i might buy a door bouncer and try her in that too. i can't use it downstairs as i have only one door way and a dog that might bound through but i could have one for upstairs while i'm getting ready! i'm still looking at baby bouncers but i'm been really careful with my money now as at the end of this month will be my last pay until i find another job

battery going now on laptop so i will say bye for now

hope ur all having a good weekend xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "BooBoo" (Mar 3rd 2012, 11:03am)

Saturday, March 3rd 2012, 11:08am

blessed - forgot to say hun. i hold L under her arms and just let her stand on me to strengthen her legs. i supposes thats all we can do to help them to walk. apparently the jumperoos and babywalkers make then ue their tippy toes so i don;t rely on that to strenghten her legs. i bet its like everything else in that we'll worry but then they'll be fine and just grasp it when they are good and ready. : D xxxx

Reg: May 28th 2009

Saturday, March 3rd 2012, 2:39pm

Booboo - from about 6.5 months Lily was on only two bottles a day, 8-9oz each. I supplement but adding milk/formula to cereal, cheese sauces, at least one cheese stick a day and at least two yoghurt/fromage frais pots a day - sometimes more. These all count if you aren't giving as much milk as recommended.

Standing up - I used to encourage lily to pull herself up to a standing position from a sitting position by holding her hands. For lily she progressed like this: sit unaided, learnt to sit up by herself, crawled, learnt to climb stairs, learnt to pull herself up, learnt to standing without holding in to support for a few seconds, learnt to cruise the furniture, learnt to walk with her walker, walk alongside with only one hand being held (current work in progress) .... And one day soon, those first steps are going to happen.

Saturday, March 3rd 2012, 11:00pm

NH - i feel much better knowing your L was on 2 bottles a day from 6.5months. i'm going to try just offering 2 bottles a day i think and fingers crossed my L will realise she needs to have 8/9oz of each as thats all she's getting. offering 3 or 4 bottles a day is just meaning that she isn't taking much. i've only been giving L one yogurt a day so i will do more now and cheese sticks! sis u make your cheese sauces with formula?

lets see what tomorrow brings :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

taxihome

United Kingdom

Saturday, March 3rd 2012, 11:42pm

Wow far too much tp catch up on 8| So will stick with this page I can see.

Booboo - our mum is a maniac. Stick with it. She will relent in the end inorder to see L. Dont give an inch. It will work out in the end.
Ref bottles, my DGD W is on 2 bottles a day and she is 1 in a few weeks. She has been on that since 8 months. Babies on occasions have less solids and more bottle days and IMO I would go with my LO for GUIDANCE. Ooops I shouted then sorry.

Eliz that pillow thing sounds cool.

Hope all is well with everyone else.

AFM Had my boy soldiers send off party. So sad.
Mi is good too
x

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

Reg: Aug 12th 2010

What's Up?
(",)

Sunday, March 4th 2012, 12:56pm

Booboo - R's milk intake has really dropped. This last week, I've struggled to get 12oz into her a day, and although I give her all the other dairy foods discussed, she's not got a huge appetite for food either. I know she's had a cold, and she's teething at the moment (had another tooth through in the last coupled of days, and her cheeks are still glowing so I think there are some more on the way) so I'll give it till Monday or Tuesday and call the HV. Thing is though, my HV says that 16oz is the recommended amount (not 18oz - 20oz that I read), so the 12oz that I manage is two thirds of her ideal amount of 16oz, so making up that last third with extra dairy sounds ok. Therefore, I'm expecting to be fobbed off. R doesn't take much water either (2-3oz a day? if I'm lucky), so she's getting less fluid from milk, a measly amount of water and tiddly amounts of food. More importantly, I'm sure her nappies aren't as wet, so I think that this is the message I need to give to my HV.

Is L eating lots of food? I make sauces with formula. I've made rice pudding with formula too, and used fruit to sweeten instead of sugar.

At least my DH is on board about teatime being early (4 - 4.30pm), in a bid to get her to drink more than 2oz of her bedtime bottle. He feeds her whatever he is eating, whenever he is eating it. This morning, he had his breakfast after her, and fed her his cereal. She'd only had 6 mouthfuls of porridge! I want her to eat at mealtimes. I've shouted at him for this. I know its nice to share and to eat at the same time but I've got concerns about her being a toddler, expecting food from people's plates and not eating her meals. It winds me up … but he does know it!

Blimey, sounds like its just one thing after another with your mum. You're in a better informed position than your mum with your chemistry degree to tell you mum all about the harmful effects of the VOC's in gloss paint. And even the low VOC's stuff isn't totally free of them. And cigarette smoke? As soon as they put tar and nicotine (and other poisons) in baby food, then that's when it'll be ok to expose babies to smoke. You're not neurotic or over the top. I hope your mum learns that the only way she'll get to see L is to respect your wishes.

Standing - As well as holding her under her arms, I get R to lean on me, hold her hands while she's standing up.

Taxi - can't imagine how you're feeling now your son is off on tour. Thinking of you.

Gonna go, got work to do. DH is out with R today.
Aug/Sept 2010 ICSI :BFP: :girl:

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Sunday, March 4th 2012, 1:46pm

Hi everyone,

What a difficult weekend this is! Harry has been so grumpy all weekend so far. He is constantly whinging and I don't know what's up with him. He didn't sleep well during the day yestaerday (or so far today). He is just having 30-40 mins here and there. Then he slept badly last night - he fed more than he has in the last week (just when I thought things were getting slightly better) and he is waking up a lot and needs comforting back to sleep. He doesn't seem ill and theres no sign of any teeth coming so I just don't know what's wrong with him. He also doesn't seem that interested in solid food at the moment - it's been a bit of a struggle to get him to eat. He's even whinging on his jumperoo. Any ideas?

Hope you're all having better weekends! x

What's Up?
(",)

Sunday, March 4th 2012, 2:39pm

Rocky - you've got a grumpy baby too? How about sending him out with DP for a few hours walk LOL! No sorry, that's probably not what you were looking for.

If H is having his milk, then he'll be fed and watered. Solids could probably take a back seat until he's in the mood again.

I know you said that you didn't think it was teething. I just wanted to share what i was using for teething as and when it happens. There are teething granules/powders (from Boots) which I find good. I'm always a bit wary of giving paracetamol unless I am 100% certain R really needs but since the teething granules/powders are homeopathic, I'm happier giving her one of those just in case it is her teeth that hurt.

Not sleeping…ooh, its bugger isn't it, when they're overtired. This last week, R has been on and off grumpy and I've spent a lot of time carrying her around. My nursery rhyme repertoire is expanding (my voice isn't getting any better though LOL!). Treat last nights bad sleep as blip, because it just might well be. Carry on doing what you're doing with regards to the sleeping at night. It's taken a few people weeks, rather than days, to get their LO's used to something new. You're doing a fab job!

I'm sorry, I've got no tried and tested advice. Distraction works well for R, so I'd have her out of the house in the buggy, pacing up and down the hills. The sun is out today (hopefully where you are too), so you get some free Vitamin D too!

Hope the day is bearable xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "chillimint" (Mar 4th 2012, 2:42pm)

Sunday, March 4th 2012, 6:31pm

Hi chilli - thanks for your post. Harry actually slept for 2.5 hrs this afternoon!! BUT...he woke after 20mins and I had to settle him and then after 1hr I fed him and he went straight back to sleep. So not sure what's going on. This is what he's like during the night - he will go to sleep and then keep waking up - sometimes taking a feed, sometimes not taking much (so then I know he didn't wake out of hunger).
Just thinking about your post....yes, maybe it is teeting after all. Harry turns his head from side to side during the night when he's getting ready to wake and is restless. I used to think that this was hunger - but it can't always be as sometimes he doesn't feed for very long - so maybe he does have a bit of gum ache?? Anyway I'm going to try those powders! You've made me feel better by saying that a new routine can take more time to establish - I was losing hope! So I will carry on with it and see what the coming week brings. Thanks xx

What's Up?
(",)

Sunday, March 4th 2012, 7:50pm

Its easy to find the success "it took me three days" stories, never the ones where it took weeks!

Monday, March 5th 2012, 8:49am

Hi all,

Well, we had another night of wake-ups!! Harry woke 3 times and then again for the day at 6.40am. He was hungry at every wake up though last night. Then this morning he kept straining to do a poo (not had one since Friday). He eventually got a bit out but I'm sure there must be more to come. I can't understand why he's struggling so much. OI know his diet is different now and he's not having much water - but he's still having loads of milk which you'd think would act as liquid and keep him regular. I'm giving him fruit as well but it's not easing it for him, poor thing. He gets very upset.
Anyway, I think Harry may have a tooth coming through after all. This morning as he's biting my finger - I can feel something a little hard coming up in the middle of his bottom gum. He won't let me see it properly - and the quick look I've been able to have doesn't show much (although there is a bit of a white patch inside the gum). So I'm hoping that this is what the fussiness and wake ups are about. I've read that they can feed more in the night when the are teething?? So I'm going to get some of the powders that Chilli mentioned to see if it helps. Hope everyone else is OK xx

Monday, March 5th 2012, 2:04pm

Hello lovely ladies,

I have had my Dad staying, so not had much chance to get on. We've had lovely weather, so lots of walks outdoors etc. Feels like Spring is in the air!

Rocky - Am with you girl!! N slept for 4 nights on the trot from 7-7, then never again!! Feel like we are back to square one! She has been struggling with poo as well, think it is just with the change of diet in general as she has been getting loads of fruit etc. She isn't fully constipated, but her poo is thick and she is having difficulty passing, so I think it is bothering her in the night as her little tummy is hard. Bring on the 7-7 again - I felt like a different person!! Your LO could also be bothered with teeth as they can bother them for months before the teeth cut through. Those powders are fantastic - give them a go.

Taxi - Thinking of you lovely - must be so hard having your son go away like that.

Sorry not many personals. Will try to get on here a bit more regularly - I love the chat! N is getting on great with her solids, although still not fond of purees, so giving her lots of finger type foods. Got a baby-led weaning book, so going to make up some things to put in the freezer - lentil and cheese wedges, chickpea patties and salmon patties.

Just out of interest when did all you breastfeeding girlies stop feeding your little ones? I have been on the phone to our clinic today about TTC#2 and basically I have to be stopped breastfeeding for 2-3 months, but can start anytime I like from now. I was thinking to feed N until May when she'll be 9 months, then stop feeding her, call the clinic and start in Aug/Sept after our busy summer. Delighted after speaking to them as I thought we only had 1 full cycle left, plus our 6 snow babies, but it turns out that after you've had a baby then we go back to the start and are entitled to another 3 full cycles again, plus our snow babies. Seems nearly too good to be true!

Anyway, N is late with her nap today, so i'm away to take her for a walk to see if she'll sleep for a bit. xxx

We have 3 snow babies waiting for us.

Monday, March 5th 2012, 2:43pm

Wow, AG - that's fantastic about the 3 full cycles again. Do you not have to use snowbabies first? I think at my clinic any snowbabies have to be used first - but I didn't get any so not relevant for me. I'm planning on carrying on BF for as long as I can now. Because Harry will not take a bottle now and I just feel that I may as well. I think if you get to 9 months you will have done a fantastic job and then you can start to prepare for your treatment. I hadn't thought about BF affecting treatment. Is Norah from a first round of IVF then?

In terms of poo - Harry has now been 3 times today - he seems to go every 3 days but then he goes a lot. The first one was a bit hard but the second 2 have been 'thick' like you say and they do bother him. HV said it's probably just that he's not used to the sensation. Poor thing - he's been really straining. He definitely has a tooth coming through so I've been to Boots and got some powders and will try them later - he seems OK for now. I really hope that this is what the fussiness and wakefullness is about. I NEED to get more sleep. Oh and well done for doing the BLW thing - I was adamant to do it but I just needed to get some food into him to try and help him sleep longer - it's not worked yet - but I'm hopeful! So tonight - I am armed with the powders and ready to go (or should I say sleep!) xx

Monday, March 5th 2012, 9:12pm

It seems it's teething time here as well! Lily has her first canine coming through and has been really unsettled tonight. Just given her some Teetha - that should hopefully do the trick.

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 9:19am

NH - what is teetha and where do you get it from? x

• "Blessedin2011" started this thread

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 11:14am

Just popping in to say hi and hope you all had a lovely weekend. I was out on Saturday night and am still recovering!! Seriously can't take it anymore LOL! I was dancing away though till about 4am though and drank quite a bit so not surprised I am still delicate.

Will pop on and do personals tonight.

Just wanted to ask is anyone else's LO lazy when they're on their tummy? I put N on his and now he has mastered rolling onto his back he does it as soon as I put him on his front so he is never going to master crawling at this rate humph I put toys in front of him in the hope that he moves forward to get them but if they're not within reach he can't be bothered.

Liz - a courier tried to deliver my pillow yesterday but I was napping when N was so missed their call so they are delivering it again today. Hope it works and also that N feels comfortable lying on it and it doesn't disturb his sleep. How long did Ross lie on it for before you saw a result and how old was he when you tried it? N is getting a full head of hair now, which is looking very thick so hopefully if his flat head doesn't disappear fully he will have lots of hair to cover it!

Anyway, will pop back on again tonight for a proper catch up.

:xxx3:

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 12:51pm

Rocky - Teetha is the teething powder I am assuming was discussed earlier.

teetha - Nelsons UK

I have used this on Lily right from the start as I don't like using Calpol unless she has a high temperature and I can't be bothered with things like gels. Lily isn't normally troubled by her teeth, so the occasional use of Teetha has only been needed. In fact I have only ever bought one box of it and 12 months on, I am still using it. Come to think of it - I should check the expiry date! 8|

Blessed - Lily hated tummy time and would scream the house down. When she learnt to roll she got very good at flipping from front to back if I tried tummy time. She was a late crawler though, happened a few weeks before she was 12 months, and bum shuffled instead from about 8-9 months. So I do blame the lack of tummy time for it but... they all learn to move in their own time. I used to put things in front of her to try and get her to move but she would try to reach it once, failed and would turn her attention elsewhere.

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 1:39pm

NH - yes, of course - I've realised now that's what the powders are. I've also seen something on the internet called Ashton and Parsons. I've managed to get the boots own powder which I think is the same as the teetha one with cammomile - but so far it doesn't seem to have made that much difference. I've also used bonjela and as a last resort some calpol - again not that much difference. Like you, I don't like to use calpol but just couldn't bear the thought of him in pain. I've also given him a carrot to chew on which he seemed to like. He doesn't have a temperature but he is really moaning and dribbling loads today - not helped by the fact that he wants to keep blowing raspberries today. I really hope this tooth comes through soon - I can see the top of it and feel it slightly hard on the top of his gum...but it seems in the same position as yesterday. How long do they usually take once they have started to cut through?

Blessed - all I can say is....I can't believe you were dancing till 4am! Sounds like you had a good time. I'm slightly envious though. I've not even had a drink since before pregnancy. I know I could have one now but it would completely knock me out as I'm so tired. I think this is the downfall of BF. I'm finding it very restrictive. Even if I wanted to go out I couldn't as Harry will not take a bottle at all - so couldn't even leave any expressed milk for him (or formula). Just now it's making me think that BF is not all it's cracked up to be. So many mums I speak to have their lives back now (to a degree) but I definitely feel like things are still manic!

In terms of day naps - Harry is still on 3. Do you all find that if you go out they don't sleep as well or as long etc. Some day I just can't be bothered going out as I know that Harry will not sleep and it messes everything up. I know that I shouldn't be like this but sometimes I feel like it's easier. I really want to start getting out more esecially with the nice weather - but I do always find that it makes napping more difficult. Anyway, that's my moan over!!! xx

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 6:26pm

Rocky - I so wish she was a first cycle baby! It was our 4th. We had full cycle, FET, FET, full cycle. To be honest I found the FET cycles hardest because the drugs seemed to affect me more. Yes, we have 6 frozen embryos, so the clinic will want to use some of them first. Some of those are left from our first cycle, co I reckon they will do 2 FET with 2 embryos then back to a full cycle leaving 2 for another time. Depending how the thaw goes I suppose. I so get you on the BF being restrictive! I went through a stage a little while ago where I saw everyone I was pregnant with having their own lives back as such and was enviours!! It really, really helped when N took a bottle and gives me so much more freedom as I just express and put in the fridge or give her formula for that one night. Keep persevering with the bottle with H and remember you are so doing what is best for him in giving him your breast milk and also the closeness you get from breastfeeding. I tend to plan my day around N's naps now because I know that if we are out she won't sleep so well. I usually plan going for walks with friends around 10 and 2 when she sleeps and plan meetings at houses or cafes or baby things around 12 ish, so N is awake and it doesn't disturb her. Today I had lunch at 12 with a friend then we went for a walk around half past one, which tied in perfectly and N slept like a baby and we had a chance to socialise.

NH - Hope Lily's tooth comes through ok. Your photos on facebook of her are lovely - such a cutie!

Blessed - Go you with the dancing!! I don't think i'd have the energy for that just now, let alone being out until 4am! Bring it on though that is all I can say!!

I am SOOOOOO tired all the time. Think it is just me not being very good with the whole lack of sleep thing, but I am going to go to the Dr and get my thryoid checked anyway. N was crying a bit when she settled tonight and I think it is just that she misses the closeness with me. I let her cry for a bit and she just fell asleep though, so i'm wondering what tonight brings in terms of sleep!! Her tummy seems to have settled more and her poo is more back to normal.

Off to catch up on a few phonecalls before hitting the sack for a very early night! Lots of love to you and your babies. xxxx

Reg: Dec 6th 2010

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 6:41pm

Hi all.

Phew trip over. Never again will I drive 400 miles with a baby. Urghhh. I hate the M6.

Anyway. Granny was v excited so was nice although Ross was a grumpy bugger most of the time. He had some cows milk by mistake and puked his guts up snd had been refluxy and screamy for a week now!!

Rocky sorry you are still having issues with Harry we havnt got Ross to take a bottle again either. Decided had enough of bf so going cold turkey on sat when dh here and it's just tough. He will have to take one. He hardly takes much milk anyway I reckon no way more than 10 oz a day. The hv said it didn't really matter and all these figures are made up! Going to stop worrying how much he has and just get him on the bottle. Let battle commence!! He has no hope poor bugger!

I tried those teething powders despite my cynical anti homeopathic medic brain. They did nothing sadly. Gone back to bonjela.
Calpol ice lollies are ace!
Anyway off to try and fix phone as soaked it yesterday.

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 7:29pm

Hi ladies

I know I promised to do personals but I am still suffering from Saturday nights antics! Really can't drink as much as I use to, I feel so lousy and very tired. Off to bed shortly.

Just wanted to say the teething powders didn't work for N either but I actually don't know if he is teething or not as he has been dribbling and had red cheeks for ages. We would just give him a spoonful of Calpol when we noticed him chewing his hands and also Anbesol seems to help too, as in he stopped chewing on things as much and slept for longer at night. Only the past couple of days I have noticed he is chewing on his hands again a lot so had a feel of his gums but can't feel anything but he got a spoonful of Calpol before bed as the doctor said it won't do any harm when I asked about giving him Calpol.

Liz - the pillow has arrived and N is currently fast asleep in his cot with his head nestled into it. I know I can't expect instant results but hopefully over time it will get better. It came with a leaflet and N's head shape is called brachycephaly. On google images there were lots of babies with heads shaped similar to his so if I don't see an improvement in say a month I will take him to the doctor to ask about referring him to a specialist as I believe they can be given helmets to wear though I really hope it doesn't come to that. I just wish he would move in his sleep but he doesn't, for almost 12 hours he lies on his back sleeping.

Anyway, off to bed for some very much needed sleep and hopefully I will feel better tomorrow.

Night all

xx

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 8:31pm

Hope he likes the pillow!! We use it now just because he likes it. Ross had that shape too but it was squint on one side also. Noticed it being much better in about a month so good luck!! It's quite comfy I tried it!

taxihome

United Kingdom

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 9:44pm

Hi Ladies

Hope you are all well.
AG hope you have a lurrrrrrrrvely sleep.

Elizmac the pillow sounds so so comfy. They have some cheaper versions on Amazon. I don't think Mi has a flat head and she sleeps with her head to the side, however they look so comfy womfy.

Blessed I haven't tried teething powders yet. may have too tho. I hope N enjoys his pillow.

Chilli hope LO is not so grumpy for you

NH hope your LO doesn't have too much trouble with her teeth

Boo how's things with your mums?

AFM Mi is still having cat naps and impossible to put up in her room. She opens her eyes every few mins and if I am not there she goes mental and flips.
She is otherwise a little darling.
I haven't started clomid yet. I don't know why. I am feeling more content and less needy for another baby. I might just leave it to fate.
X
Boy still here til end of march. Totaly dreading it.
ANYHOO HAVE A NICE EVE ALL
X
Rocky ref naps. I find going out tires Mi. A bit of fresh air and a nose seems to chill her out. I hope H gets easier with his napping as the warm weather starts.

[zx071]
MY DIARY

taxihome

United Kingdom

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 9:48pm

Ooooh I forgot. DH's job is very iffy and he may just be made redundant. Totaly shitty news for us but what will be will be.

Lots going on in the fam etc but hey ho that's life.

Anyway I am going to start a soldiers mummy blog on here as soon as DS goes. Something to keep me occupied while he is away.
Also we should all try meet up. I need to fill my calendar with things to stop me panicking ::P

[zx071]
MY DIARY

taxihome

United Kingdom

Wednesday, March 7th 2012, 7:03pm

A quick question ladies oh and Hi.
I know we have covered finger foods somewhere but Mi is 7 months now and I want to know if you have any idea on varieties of finger food I can give her.
I give chicken strips, broccoli etc but she is getting bored. Most ends up on the floor so I tend to give her some purée food, then let her play about with finger food, then see if she wants to finish off the purée food. Is this ok?
Fankoo x

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Wednesday, March 7th 2012, 7:19pm

Have just discovered porridge pancakes taxi. Mix oats with milk and any bits fruit you fancy spread out on baking sheet and microwave til they set. Better if you cook them in evening and use them the next day. They fall apart less. Sort of like flap jacks but more elastic! I've also been mushing broad bean with lemon and oil and spreading it on toast dnd rice cakes. The only other thing I've discovered Ross loves is roasted parsnips. He sucks the middle out and then throws the crispy bits out! I ran out of ideas last week and did some enquiring!

What's Up?
(",)

Wednesday, March 7th 2012, 8:02pm

Taxi - Blimmin bad news about your DH's job :(

Finger food faces in my house:
Mini pancakes (make the batter thicker so they don't spread thin) - add whatever flavouring your like, cheese, spinach, sweet potato, fruit puree
Roasted sweet potato wedges, big home made chips (chip shaped spuds, roasted)
Eggy bread
Celery
Chunk of carrot
I've made savoury muffins (cheese and herb) and cut them into quarters, which is a good sizes for baba hands
Organix do a good range of corn snacks and no-sugar biscuits.

Wednesday, March 7th 2012, 8:55pm

Re: finger foods

Make up some finger foods from your purees. I used to mash up some sweet potato, add spinach, roll in melted butter and then breadcrumbs and then bake until golden brown. This would work with any mashed puree.

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 9:04am

Hi everyone,

Good ideas about the finger foods - will have to try some of them. I must admit, I feel as though Hary should be eating finger foods now rather than purees - but TBH we've not even mastered purees. omedays he has 2 meals and others 3. He's not overly keen on solids at the moment - not sure why - he just doesn't seem that bothered about them.
I am really fed up now. We were up 4 times last night. I thought it may be to do with this tooth but now I'm not so sure as we've been like this since just before xmas. Everytime he wakes he needs a feed to get back to sleep (doesn't in the day anymore I just stroke his back now so I'm sure he must be hungry or thirsty in the night). The thing is though some nights he is only going 2 hours between wake ups - I could understand if he always went 3 hours as he generally needs feeding every 3 hours in the day. The worst bit as well is that he is not settled when he is alseep and turn his head from side to side. I have to lie him on his side to stop him from doing this (is it OK to be on his side at 7 months?). And after he fidgets about and turns his head he lets out little moans/cries - BUT if I don't cuddle him he just starts to cry. So I'm really not sleeping well at all. going to get him weighed today and ask the HV - but I don't find them much good as they usually just tell me to do controlled crying - which I don't think will work as he does seem hungry!
Anyway enough of my moaning - hope you're all well xx

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 9:07am

Also just to add to that - he is still not pooing properly - he goes 3 days without going and then strains and goes loads. The doctor gave him some lactulose which I've only used once as I don't want his bowels to start relying on it. I give him fruit and try an get him to drink water (he won't have a lot) but surely my breast milk should be enough liquid for him? x

taxihome

United Kingdom

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 10:19am

Hi All

Thanks for the tips. Rocky don't worry, as long as he is eating some solids that's all that matters. Babies have this incredible ability to do things in their own time and good for them.

Elizmac, Chilli and NH, thanks for the tips. They are all now on my shopping list. Went to HV today and she said carrot sticks from the fridge are ideal for teething too.

Mi weighs 14lbs at 7 months lol. Apparently she is doing really well though. She is a long lady too. They are happy with her weight so all seems ok there.
There was a little baby girl of 2 weeks at the weigh in this morn and Mi looked HUGE against her. On a good note the baby's mum loved Mi's clip so much she brought the one that was in her hair lol. I didn't have any spare ones on me.

Anyhoo hope everyone is good. No news on DH's job yet but redundancy is looking very very definite. I am trying to get my hair clip thingy up and running and still doing sales calls and having dibs and drabs of photography work coming through.
DS told me he had to do his letters. The ones soldiers do if anything should happen to them. Please God let me never have to read that one. 6 of our lads were killed tuesday in one hit. I am utterly terrified. I can't shift anger with him that he has shown this path, but that is so so selfish of me.

Right I do go on and on.

Xxx

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 10:26am

Rocky Ross was like that once he was on three meals a day. Really straining and struggling. Lactulose worked but made him really colicky. I got some prunes in juice. Blitzed them up and gave him an ice cube of them every morning. I think it just took a few weeks to get used to the food. Ross sorted himself out in about 3 weeks or so. No prunes now and all fine!!

If Harry is taking that much milk at night he isn't going to really want daytime solids I wouldn't think. Don't know how you are going to get round that though short of refusing to feed him. If he wants comfort you could express milk out then give him the boob??? I'm trying that to get him off the breast. Sort of working!! Good luck though!! I'm sure he will work it all out in his own time regardless of what you do.

Taxi. Crap re dh job huh. Is there anything else available?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Elizmac" (Mar 8th 2012, 10:28am)

taxihome

United Kingdom

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 10:45am

Hi Elizmac

They are changing everything for new positions which he will have to apply for. He is a manager but there are 6 managers and only 1 position. Also a new main guy is in and he is difficult to work for. The new hours are up and the shifts longer. He can apply but if he doesn't get on with the new main guy he is as well taking redundancy. He has been there 15 years.
Don't know yet what the offer will be but it's probably not good.
He is already looking for something else.
X

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 11:22am

Oh Taxi - not what you need at the mo with DH's job! Hope that things work out. You must be feeling a bit down with DS going away soon. It must be rotten - sorry I don't know what else to say...but sending you a big hug :hugs: x Your meet up idea sounds lovely but I'm not sure how that would work as we're all over the country aren't we?

Elizmac - I'll get some prunes and try that. Been looking on the internet about BF and weaning. I've always been told to offer milk and then solids 1 hr after milk so that Harry is still getting milk. But I can't seem to get the hang of it. He's either having too much milk or then I give him too much solid and he doesn't want the milk. The thing is he can go for 5/6 hrs in the day inbetween milk feeds (with solids inbetween) sometimes but during the night can only go for 3 hours and usually less at the mo. So I'm doing something wrong. May try the expressing trick. Also I have a book called 'The Baby Book - how to enjoy year 1' by Rachel Waddilove and that has set routines in. I'm not a fan of routines at all - but might try it out of desperation. You see, I tend to let Harry feed and sleep when he wants - but maybe it should be a bit more structured. Although I'm not sure how to get him to sleep when the book says if he doesn't want to sleep??!! And that's why I've not done a routine before. Got to do something different though!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rocky" (Mar 8th 2012, 11:23am)

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 11:30am

Finger foods -
Porridge fingers are fab - 3 tablespoons of porridge oats (not instant ones though) and 3 tablespoons of milk or water. Zip in the microwave for 2 minutes and cut while hot, eat while cold.
Wakey, Wakey cakes - mix 2 weetabix with 20g cornflakes, a small banana and some milk. Put in oven for 20 mins in a muffin tray. N loves these.
I did the whole making patties out of purees when N wouldn't eat purees. They are messy, but effective!
Babybel cheese - think this one has the least salt in it.
Cut up fruit and veg of any sorts - favourties are strawberries, banana and sweet potato.
Pancakes - N loves hers with yogurt and mushed up raspberries, but i'll have to try the spinach and cheese etc.
Breadsticks - N loves them and I also dipped them in pureed veg to use up some of that!
Cheese and lentil wedges are a favourite in our house too - recipe from baby led weaning cookbook by Gill Rapley and Tracey Murkett. I'd highly recommend it.
Fishcakes - blend fish (N liked the salmon) with potatoes and a little milk, butter and parsley. Coat in breadcrumbs and panfry until golden.
Turkey twizzlers - I used minced chicken instead and some of the pear and apple puree i'd made earlier! Mix all together and make into sausage shapes and good for 20 mins or until well browned. They are very tasty.
Meatballs - I haven't given N much meat yet, but these seemed to go down well. I gave them with some curly pasta.
Eggy bread

Rocky - Maybe H is just not into purees like N. She just hasn't taken to them at all, so I effectively skipped that stage, but still try her with bits and pieces now and again and it all depends on the mood whether she will take it or not! Give her anything in her hand and she's away - scoffs it in no time. Maybe try him with some breadsticks to start. and see how he goes. They soften easily in the mouth and then just melt. I'm still terrified she'll choke and a favourite party trick is to be like a little hamster storing food in her mouth! I found a broccoli floret in her mouth AFTER her bath the other night. Gave me a right fright, so I always check now after meals. Cheese is another bad one for sticking to the roof of the mouth. RE: Harry's feeding and sleeping - maybe try to load him up during the day with his feeds, if he will take it. Will be take baby porridge? That can be quite filling for them. So he is wanting fed every 3 hours in the day and 2 hours at night? I think this will improve if you can get more food in him, so maybe try some more of the finger foods and see, although I have to say if he hasn't pooed then this is probably bothering him too. N had a short spell of this. Her pooing is still out of sorts - she normally goes everyday, but hasn't gone for 2 days now. I'm expecting an explosion any moment! One of the first things I gave N was eggy bread and she loved it. She loves bread infact. I just cut it into a manageable stick sized piece. Do let us know how you get on - it is so hard not getting any proper longer spells of sleep - you must be exhausted sweetie.

Just seen your other post RE:routines. It it NOTHING you are doing wrong - infact you couldn't be trying more. Babies are all different and he is just having a difficult time just now. Someone once said that their children slept well as and when they chose! I very much followed N's own track, but then I sort of helped her getting into 2 naps properly in the day. She now naps around 10 and around 2 and will go for at least 45 minutes, but it is usually more like an hour- hour and half. If we are out walking then she'll sleep for hours! I started this by getting ready and out for a walk around half 9 everyday, so she was sleeping by 10 and I found this really helped her naturally get tired in the afternoon and we sort of just fell into that nap. I really think this helped her night sleeping as well as she was sleeping 7-7 then. Goodness knows what has happened as she is back to wanting a feed in the night, but i'm just giving it to her just now and am aware i'll have to stop sometime!!

Anyway, better go N is stirring. Chat soon and hello everyone. xxx

United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 24th 2010

Children: 1 gorgeous little boy!

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 12:13pm

Just popping in quickly to say hello! Have just had a quick read to try to update myself as I haven't managed to get on here for ages! Wow, it's brilliant that everyone is still in touch so much on here!

Zac's in with the childminder this morning for the first of his settling in sessions. I go back to work on 2nd April (4 days a week, one of those from home) so we're doing settling in all month. I'm sure he's causing all sorts of problems but I feel liberated! Just a few hours where I can do as I please, it's lovely. Love him to bits but never get me time, always think I will at the weekend when DH is around but that just never happens - in fact, it's often worse as I have another demanding boy to cope with! (e.g. what's for dinner, what's for breakfast, when can we BD....) ;) Probably helps that it's so sunny today! Yay!

Z's been crawling for almost 2 months now (started with commando crawling but now proficiently getting wherever he wants to and far too quickly!) and tries to climb everything in sight to stand up - looks very proud of himself when he's made it up! Hard work though - can't take my eyes off him for a minute! And as for trying to change his clothes while he rolls and crawls off.....he's exhausting!

Ventured up to London yesterday to go to the clinic to find out about the process for FET, should we decide to have a go with our remaining embryos. Thought best to get appointments like that out of the way before heading back to work. Now just need to decide if we want to go again and when. Hmm, a large part of me says I should count my blessings and spoil this little boy rotten! DH disagrees....

Ok, 1 more hour of freedom so I'm going to get some tidying done in the house. Hope you're all having a lovely day.

Harry x

p.s. BooBoo - I have a tippitoes door bouncer that we've not really used as Z doesn't like being strapped into anything - just wants to crawl everywhere all the time! Even the Jumperoo is now redundant! I got the door boucner off Ebay after doing quite a bit of research. They're really inexpensive on there but I'd be more than happy to send you ours if it would be of use to you. PM me with an address if you want me to send it.
Me:36 DH:36
3 IUIs - Jan, Mar, Jun 2010 - BFN
1st IVF Oct 10 - BFP. Please stay sticky!

7 week scan - 1 heartbeat seen!
9 week scan - little hands and feet!!!
12 week scan - all on track! :thumbsup:
21 week scan - :boy:

What's Up?

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 7:27pm

Hi everyone

Sorry I’m late with personals, after shaking off my 3 day hangover I have now started with a terrible sore throat that has had me awake for some of the night. It is so dry and red raw. I really couldn’t be bothered getting dressed today but N really likes Baby Babble so I dragged myself there after sucking on Strepsils and having a Lemsip. Anyway, enough of the self pity!

AG – N loves Babybel too. For the wakey wakey cakes do you mash the banana or slice? Great idea using breadsticks too. I needed some more ideas for finger foods and these sound great and easy enough. How is the tiredness? Have you seen your doctor? Hope you’re OK xx

Taxi – sorry to hear about DH’s job. Sounds like you’re having a tough time of late. Great to hear that Mi is growing well though and love your new FB page - I liked it! xx

Harry – how old is your LO now? Great that Zac is crawling. N is so lazy and just won’t move when I put him on his front. It was FET that gave me my beautiful son. Found it so much less stressful than full treatment. I would really like another so for now I am not on any contraception and if it happens naturally then that would be a miracle but if not we said in about 3 years time we would look at IVF again xx

Rocky – I find mashed banana works a treat for making N poo. He literally does it straight after LOL! I really do believe in having a routine hun so if you can try and get one established I really do think that H may be more settled. I have a routine but I don’t strictly adhere to it (otherwise that would stress me out), I just try and stick to it as much as I can but if I am out for the day or whatever then I amend it slightly to suit and thankfully it doesn’t seem to unsettle N. Bedtime routine has always been the same though and N knows what to expect so rarely cries now in the evening, if at all. He goes to bed without fuss and usually sleeps through till about 4am when he stirs for his dummy and then goes back to sleep to between 5 and 6am. Has H tooth popped through yet? I think N is teething properly now as he is really chewing on things but I can't feel anything on his gums xx

NH – Love the idea of sweet potato finger food. Will definitely be making that this weekend. Like L I have a feeling my N will bum shuffle and be a late starter in crawling. I just need to not obsess about timescales and let him learn in his own time don’t I? xx

Chilli – gave N eggy bread today after your suggestion and he loved it!! Hope you’re well xx

Liz – re the porridge pancakes, do you just measure out what you’d make for a bowl? How long do you put it in the microwave for, roughly? They sound nice too so want to give them a whirl. Did you enjoy your break btw? Apart from the long journey! Xx

Booboo – how are you hun? Stick to your guns with the smoking issues, you are sooo in the right and although it may hurt that you have fell out with your mum etc just remind yourself that it is all for L’s health. This was on the BBC news yesterday http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17262897, which hopefully your smoking relatives saw xx

Hello to everyone else.

So as I was saying my throat is killing me and dreading tonight in bed as that is when it seems to get worse. It even hurts to eat and swallow. DH keeps telling me he knows a cure – that old chestnut!! As if LOL laugh1 ! Think I may go to the doc tomorrow if I have another bad night.

N is fine and has been sleeping on his new pillow for the past two nights. It doesn't appear to disturb his sleep so that's good. This morning he even went back to bed for a nap of around 2 hours! Usually he just has about half an hour. Not sure if it is the comfy pillow that made him nap longer.

Can I just ask, for those who LO's use a sippy cup, could I put formula in there sometimes? He has 3 bottles a day but if he took less on one bottle do you think it'd be OK for him to have a bit in his sippy cup when he has his meals?

:xxx3:

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 8:21pm

Blessed. The porridge pancakes were an experiment. Make however much you like they keep. Just splat a bowlful on a plate. Usually microwaves in 3 min ish but as I said experiment. Need it dryish on top then leave to cool.
Ross uses sippy cup and I've finally got him to take milk in it. Go for it. Doesn't matter how you get it in.

Glad n likes his pillow!!

taxihome

United Kingdom

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 10:08pm

AG thanks for all this FF tips.

Thanks all for your kind words ref DS and DH's job. Mucho appreciated!!
X

[zx071]
MY DIARY

What's Up?
(",)

Friday, March 9th 2012, 9:55am

Blessed - I put formula in R's sippy cup once, and she took huge glugs, compared to a single teeny sip of water. I think I decided against putting formula in it again though, as I got it into my head that milk should go in bottles, and other drinks in sippy cups. I've no evidence for this though, just an idea I've cooked up myself. Might change my mind though, as I like Elizmac reasoning and I''m struggling with milk intake. I've reluctantly given in and tried some juice in R's sippy cups, in a bid to get her to drink more. Well, whaddaya know, surprise surpise, she prefers juice to water and will drink it out of her sippy cup. Still won't hold the cup herself though. Oh well. I need to get her one of the coverall waterproof bibs that you mentioned, and step up my efforts.

Good to hear that N is still sleeping well with his pillow. Hope it money well spent for you. The helmets look rather cumbersome.

LOLOLOL at your DH's "cure" … I've heard my DH say it, I never knew it was a bloke thing!

Hey Harry! Good to hear from you! Sounds like Z is doing really well with getting himself around. How old is he? R commando crawls, she's getting better. She loves standing up too, tries to pull herself up on the side of the bath (when she's in it) and the oven door. Not the safest of pieces of apparatus! I hope the settling in at the childminders goes well.

Elizmac - your efforts re milk have paid off! How long did it take?

AG - another cheese that is low in salt is the dairylea cheese strips. They're processed cheese but another mum had some and let Rose try some. They're a good finger food too, but they are rather small. Easiest eaten pinched between finger and thumb. OMG N stored a piece of broccoli?! Noooo! When you say curly pasta, do you mean the spiral shapes? Are they easy to pick up? I can see how they might be nice as the sauce will stick in the spirals. I'll give them a go!

Booboo - cr*p news about your part time hours request being turned down. Can't see why some places don't see the value of family friendly work conditions given that lots of their employees have ... er...families! I hope your mum changes her outlook soon, that will help you with childcare as per your original plans x.

Rocky - there are pro's and con's to having a routine. Pro's - you know why LO might be grumpy at what time. Con's - Once you've got a routine, it tends to take dictate everything else that happens in the day. But, as you say, if something needs to change, then I hope this works out for you. What will you do re childcare when you return to work? Ooh, has your request for part time hours been dealt with yet?

I mess up food amounts all the time. I just don't seem to be able to get the portions at teatime correct, so it leaves her enough room for bedtime bottle. She ends up taking a few ounces, if I'm lucky.

Not sure about him being on his side at 7 months - I just don't know. I've read that LO's who can turn themselves over are OK to sleep in whichever position they get themselves into. R sleeps really well on her side but I turn her onto her back as it worries me.

Taxi - have you got some new business cards made? New items to carry around with you - products and business cards! Life is chucking you a few custard pies at the moment hun.

Did someone say that being out stimulates their LO's? I find that being in the buggy R will FORCE her eyes open to see what is going on. But she does need to go out every day, as I feel she gets bored in the house. She loves being out.

Last weekend I said I was going to call the HV to ask about R's reduced milk intake, then on Monday, she ate loads of food and drank all her milk and more. Typical. But, Tuesday she started coming down with a chesty cough. I thought it was her last stinky cold turning into a chest infection. I got her checked out today and apparently, her chest is clear. Phew. TBH, she's not changed in herself at all, she just got this rattle when she breathes heavily. Anyway, the nurse practitioner (we didn't see a Dr) has prescribed an inhaler till her chest clears. Now I have to learn how to give a baby an inhaler. Its got a big oval shaped tube with a face mask on one end. I'll tell you what the instructions say - face mask on baby's nose and mouth, shake inhaler, puff it into big tube, hold for 15 - 20 sec. Repeat. Wish me luck.

United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 24th 2010

Children: 1 gorgeous little boy!

Friday, March 9th 2012, 1:23pm

Hey all,

Chillimint, good luck with that inhaler! Yikes, they can be really wriggly when they want to can't they!

Taxi - sorry about DH's job. Must be stressful not knowing at least. Maybe he'll find something else just as they offer him a redundancy pay off and he can have both! Fingers crossed!

Z is 8 months old tomorrow. I think he was just crawling early because he has always slept on his front as a result of horrible colic in the early days and would always have to lift his head to see you when you walked in. So those muscles etc are probably stronger. Hates being on his back - even in the bath he's trying to crawl! But he was slow to sit - was never patient enough to stay in one place once he realised he could move. So I think it's swings and roundabouts - makes no difference other than life being easier for the mum when baby can't crawl! ;)

Milk intake also a bit of a nightmare but I'm trying not to worry. Z won't take a bottle or cup of milk, hasn't done since he was 4 months. HV said that by the time he's at the childminder (when he'll be nearly 9 months), he'll be ok on 2 milk feeds a day (morning and night) plus lots of calcium in his diet such as cheese. I've been trying to find ways to sneak milk into his food, even if it means the food is a bit unhealthy, but he's all too aware sometimes. Tried things like sugar free jelly made with formula (refused), cream cheese stirred into lots of things (good), weetabix with formula (hit and miss - always prefers toast) and custard for dessert with stewed apple in it (good). Am hoping that by 1 year, he'll accept cows milk from a glass and we won't have this palaver. Still means I need to be home to feed him each night until then.

BooBoo - sorry, must have seemed a bit insensitive yesterday when I said I'm going back part-time/working from home. Sorry your work have been so unreasonable. Anyone else struggling? I had quite a fight and found it all a bit stressful - mainly because I felt I was being pushed out of my job by the guy acting into my job while I'm off. I've ended up delaying my return for a few months while it is sorted and accepting a different job (the guy will be staying in my old job) when I go back in return for flexible hours. I think I'm ok about it now. I took advice from Advice on flexible working, maternity and paternity leave and they advised that what my work were doing was dodgy but I decided in the end that Z is the most important thing and I didn't want to go back to a job where I wasn't welcome! If anyone needs it, workingfamilies have lawyers who will assist with queries by phone or email and it's free.

Great ideas for finger foods above - going to have to get all organised with Z's breakfast, lunch and tea packed each day! Yikes!

Harry x
Me:36 DH:36
3 IUIs - Jan, Mar, Jun 2010 - BFN
1st IVF Oct 10 - BFP. Please stay sticky!

7 week scan - 1 heartbeat seen!
9 week scan - little hands and feet!!!
12 week scan - all on track! :thumbsup:
21 week scan - :boy:

Friday, March 9th 2012, 2:23pm

Chilli it took 2 long months to get him to take milk from the cup. He will glug juice or water but milk I can manage 4 oz over the day. Harry palava indeed these bottle refusing stubborn babies!!
I can't even mix cheese or butter into anything so trying to hide breast milk in everything but it all goes runny!! Oh well he's a healthy stubborn bugger my Ross so hey.

taxihome

United Kingdom

Friday, March 9th 2012, 4:56pm

hi gals

Chilli I have been trying Mi on the dippy cup since she was 4 months and she still isn't sure about it. I found putting formula in, preferable to her.
ref business cards I am going to get some made up soon and am in the process of building a website. Takes a while though and need my DGD's as models. Once. I have more stock done I will definitely carry some around.

Harry glad you have secured a PT flexi position.

blessed glad N is enjoying his pillow.

Hi to everyone else.
X

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Friday, March 9th 2012, 6:42pm

Hi all,

Just a quick one from me!
We had a better night last night - hoping it continues tonight. We were only up twice last night at 12.30am and then 4ish so that was a massive improvement. Hope it wasn't just a fluke! Did a few things different including waking him from sleep in the day which i don't normally do and I gave him some yoghurt before bed. So I'm going to try the yoghurt trick again in a bit and see if he settles for longer tonight!

Harry - lovely to hear from you and that you're getting on OK x

Elizmac - how's your stitches?

Chilli - I think it's all the timings that are throwing the night sleep out so I'm going to have to keep trying altering the times and see what works. IKWYM about them being on their side - I do worry but I'm sleeping next to him at the mo - wouldn't leave him like that if I was in a different room. He can roll over but he doesn't roll from his front to back yet.

Hi to everyone else. Short post tonight as I'm going to try and settle Harry in a bit. Hi to everyone else. Hope you have good weekends xx

Friday, March 9th 2012, 9:31pm

hello ladies
hope your all well. i've not been on here this week cos i've been abit fed up and didn;t want to come on and be all moaney and keep going off subject by moaning about my mum/mil....some of you prob noticed i made a new thread about smoking in the mums corner. well i haven;t spoke to my mum for over a week now. i've also felt really abit ill sinse last saturday (after visiting mil's smokey house) and i think its now turned into laryngitis as i have no voice at all....

anyho, been really good to read all the finger food idea's. i jotted a few down and made the porrige pancakes tonight for L in the morning. i find i spend loads of time in the kitchen now, i'm actually becoming abit of a pro after all these years fibbing to dh and saying i couldn;t cook...lol. do u ladies do all puree/food prep for lo's when they are in bed? i find i'm always in the kitchen but there's only so many ways i can entertain L while i'm sorting her dinner. sometimes she will cry if i put her down and i can't leave her in the living room anyway cos she can roll about now but she gets fed up in her high chair if she's in there too long.

does anyone have a B&M near them? its like a cheap household store. i went there today to buy some muffin tins and found a 12cm omlette pan....its the cutest littlle frying pan ever! tbh its prob totally useless to most people but its a great size for making omlettes for lo's finger foods. it was only £2 and it worked a treat.

Harry - so good to hear from u hun. Zac sounds like he's coming on so well. he's about L's age isn;t he cos i think we had them within a week of each other if i remember rightly...... don;t be silly, u wern't been insensitive about your job. its great u got agree on PT hours. i was thinking of appealing but i know there;s no point. i'm just going to try and find something else. and tbh i won;t miss the hour long commute twice a day. how u feeling about going back then? i bet the anticipation is worse and when u get back u'll be fine when you've adjusted. it will prob be a break been at work...lol. thanks for the offer of the door bouncer hun, i haven;t got round to getting one yet so that would be great thank you. xxx

Taxi - aww, hun i can;t imagine how worried u must be your son going away. and sorry to hear about your dh's job. it doesn;t rain it pours doesn;t it hun. your boy will be in my prayers for a safe return home. he does such a brave job and i'm sure your very proud. your hair bands look great hun. i will more than likely have a look soon. is it on fb i can view them? i have to stick to hairbands for now as L has no hair for clips just yet. thanks for contributing to my smoking thread too hun. xxx

blessed - haha....lol at your party antics. can;t believe how long your hangover lasted....that'lll teach u...heehee. sounds like u had a really good time so all worth it. good job u have a good baby while u were nursing the hangover. how is the new pillow, think i might get one for L if it makes them nap for 2 hours...lol. thanks for the smoking link hun, i'm now armed with lots of smoking related stuff for when i get moaned at by my mum again xxx

NH - thats a good idea with the FF's and using up the purrees. do u wilt the spinich before u roll it on the puree? also do u make your own breadcrumbs or do u buy them? is that a silly question....lol. hope your feeling better after you had your iron checked. looking on fb it looks like u were glad to finish for the weekend. xxxx

AG - some great FF ideas there hun. i've written them all down and bought some cornflakes in for the wakey wakey cakes. do u find it easier that N is on FF's rather than purees? xxx

chilli - re water intake. L doesn;t have much either and she hasn't really got the hang of the sippy yet. i offer it to her and she'll sometimes open her mouth while i pour it in but most of it dribbles down her chin. she doesn;t try and do it herself though. if i give her the cup she just throws it about..lol. i did mention to my HV that i was worried she wasn;t having enough water but HV said it was ok as long as she wasn't constipated (which she isn;t usually). is R constipated? apparently they are getting water from there food too, but if R is constipated then maybe you could try her with water in a bottle just to get some in her. at least she likes the juice....maybe she'll have more now. i tried L with fresh orange (not from concentrate) diluted with plenty of water and she liked it too but my mum said it was bad for teeth so i have got to check that one out...... i'm sure weaning books say fresh orange is ok though. i had the same problem as you with dinner and then L wouldn;t want her bedtime bottle. the was i overcame it was to give her main meal at lunch time and make her dinner like what we would call a lunch...so the smaller of the meals...iyswim. i also brought her dinner earlier to 4pm so she is ready for the bedtime bottle rather than when she was having tea at 5 she was too full for the bottle then. is R still sometimes waking with hunger? if she isn;t then i wouldn;t worry too much. it is hard balancing it all. how's R with her inhaler? is she any better from using it? L had a cold for 3 weeks and now she has a lingering cough. i take her to the dr's though and they just say there's nothing they can do. hope R improves and her cough goes xxx

rocky - good to hear H had a better night last night. if he is sleeping too much through the day then that maybe is the problem is by waking him yesterday it worked and made him wake less last night. i read babies need so much sleep a day and if they have too much of what sleep they need in the day they will have less at night. all babies are different though hun. try not to worry to much. he will crack it when he's good and ready. its just the lack of sleep for you that must be exhausting. if co sleeping is making life easier then thats a good thing hun xxx

eliz - as i've mentioned above i just made them porrige things. they were kinda a mix between your version and AG's. do u keep them in the fridge over night? i just made some and put them in the fridge for tomorrow but should i warm them before i give them to L? is ross still on milk strike then? the wee monkey! xxx

well as i said earlier i've not been feeling great this week. it started with a headache and sorethroat at dh's mum's on sat and now its progressed to me loosing my voice...its very annoying and it hurts. i've been googling and i've self diagnosed myself with larynitis and also google said it can be caused by and irritant such as second hand smoke and i'm convinced thats the cause after visiting inlaws last weekend. i'm just trying my hardest not to pass anything back on to L. saying that though she has had a cough herself this past week, particularly at bedtime bless her.

its crazy how much L is progressing now. she almost holds her arms out for me. she did a little point with her fingers the other day too and now there's no stopping her with the rolling. she sometimes tries to get on her all 4's now too (crawling position). she can move backward by shuffling on her tum but not forward...lol.

i was going to ask if anyone is taking advantage of childcare vouchers with work? i get them at my work (even though i'm not returning) and just wondered if dh can also apply for them so we make a double saving. tbh i think i'll be looking for an evening job anyway but i need to make sure i've considered everything.

right better dash....i'm rambling on now

have a good weekend ladies xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Friday, March 9th 2012, 10:20pm

just a quick quezzie to eliz if your about and don;t mind please hun - is laryngitis contagious to babies? i'm convinced thats what i have got as i have no voice, feel like i have a frog on my throat and its sore. i really don;t want to pass it on to L though, i'd hate her to feel like this. thanks hun :)

i've been resting my voice all day and looks like the only cure is to keep resting it but poor baba will think i'm not talking to her..... :huh:

What's Up?

Saturday, March 10th 2012, 8:25am

Hi Booboo - sorry to hear you haven't been well. I have a sore throat too, it hurts to swallow and yawn and when eating food it scrapes on the back of my throat and throbs!!! I was sucking on Strepsils but they didn't help and was drinking Lemsip (moreso to feel the heat soothe it as I drank) but I went to the chemist yesterday and they told me to take Merocaine and they really have worked. I slept so much better last night and it feels less sore today. I haven't had a headache but my glands have felt achey (all connected I guess) so last night I asked DH to massage my neck and around my ears while we watched TV. He can be such a love sometimes LOL! Awww it's lovely when they put their arms out isn't it? N has been doing it for a couple of weeks but only if I go up to him and put my arms out first then he responds by putting his arms up. I love it. He hasn't mastered crawling though and is rubbish on his tummy. He instantly rolls onto his back as soon as I put him on his tummy. Hope your voice gets better soon hun. Is L looking at you funny because your voice has changed? xx

Rocky - hope H had a better night last night. Did you give him yoghurt again? I agree with Booboo in that the less they sleep in the day the more they will sleep at night, otherwise they won't be tired enough for a long sleep at night I don't think. N has 3 or 4 naps a day ranging from 30 minutes to 2 hours (on a good day!) each time. If he is sleeping for longer than 2 hours I personally would wake him as he will no doubt be due a feed I'm guessing. If N goes down at 11am I will wake him at 1pm for his lunch though he rarely sleeps for 2 hours really but if he does I would wake him otherwise it messes up dinnertime and bedtime. Enjoy your weekend xx

Chilli - I tried N with juice but he doesn't appear to like it, which can only be a good thing I guess. He loves water. I also think he has twigged that if he looks up at the kitchen light whilst holding it he will get water LOL! Though he can sometimes be transfixed by the light and then take too much LOL! Sorry to hear R isn't well. How did you get on with the inhaler? It sounds complicated I have to say - do you puff in the big tube or is R expected to?! Probably a dumb question. Hope it helps anyway xx

Harry - I think me you and Booboo have LO's born within a couple of weeks or so of each other. Interesting to hear how they are all progressing differently. N has been sitting up well on his own for a few weeks now although when he has got bored or tired of sitting he just throws himself back and assumes he will have a nice soft landing so I always have to have cushions around him or a couple of fur throws on the carpet LOL! He is showing no signs of crawling. Think he will be a bum shuffler LOL! I don't mind though as like you say at least you can keep a better eye on them when they're less mobile. Although I can't wait for N to start walking and wondering around the room I'm also scared because I will be watching him like a hawk to ensure he is safe. Which reminds me I need to start baby proofing my house now and moving objects to a higher level that I don't want N to get his hands on xx

Hi to everyone else - Taxi, Liz, Anna, Shelley, AG etc.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

xxx

Saturday, March 10th 2012, 9:57am

Hi all,

Just a quick update - the yoghurt did not work last night - we were up 3 times!! n improvement on 4 though. So tonight I'm going to try rice pudding as that's more filling. Will do personals later but just wanted to say to BooBoo that I hope you're feeling a bit better - especially as you've been a bit down as well. DH can claim chidcare vouchers if his work have a scheme BTW xx

Saturday, March 10th 2012, 3:26pm

Hi all,

Haven't had much time this week to post as work is a flippin nightmare, but I have been online reading all the posts.

Rocky - sorry to hear that you are still being kept up at night. It must be so draining and I hope it improves soon. Exhaustion over such a long period must be so hard to deal with, I have everything crossed for you that it gets better, and gets better quickly!

Blessed - sorry to hear that your throat is still sore. Nice that your DH gave you a massage, mine only gives one if he thinks it's going to lead to something else! LOL And if N turns into a bum shuffler, there is nothing wrong with that as Lily shuffled from about 9 months. I was sure she was going to skip the crawling stage but proved me wrong and now there's no stopping her! I always worried about her not crawling and not seeming as energetic as other babies but she is making up for lost time now, so it just proves babies do it in their own time.

Booboo - sorry you are feeling ill. Perhaps your sore throat has been brought on not only by second hand smoke but stress as well? Sorry to hear that you are still having problems with your mum and MIL, I hope this rough patch gets better. I will say in summer it will be better because doors and windows will be open when you visit, or you can get them to spend time with your LO outdoors which will be better for all involved. In regards to the sweet potato and spinach - I would throw freshly chopped but raw spinach into the hot sweet potato and mash it all up. That way it cooks a little in there and then cooks a little more in the oven. Most of the time I make my own breadcrumbs but do have pre-made ones in the cupboard, so use that if I run out.

Chilli - sorry to hear you have to give your LO an inhaler. I have been a severe asthmatic from a very early age and all my family are asthmatics as well. Partly because my mum smoked through all pregnancies and back when I was growing up I would sit on the sofa watching TV next to my mum who would be puffing away. She also smoked in the car driving me to school. I was never aware of it but I must have arrived to school each day smelling of smoke - how disgusting is that? Oh how times have changed!

Taxi - send you a message on FB but I am desperate to order some of your clips! They are gorgeous and hairclips for Lily are my new obsession.

Hi to everyone else - Harry, Elizmac...

AFM - Well I have had the week from hell at work. I have a new boss who is trying to throw his weight around, as well as belittle me in front of the directors and is trying to steal my glory... very stressful and I am having to hold my tongue and to try and not get emotional about it all. On Thursday I had a meeting with the boss and I was close to tears - I have never been emotional at work before (apart from one event when I was 9 months pregnant...) so I do blame having a baby - I tear up so easily now, it's very annoying. I so wish I could throw in my job at the moment. I normally love what I do but the new boss is really making life unreasonably hard. Thank god I only work four days a week and one of those days he is not in the office, so it's not all that bad.

All is well with Lily although she is such a handful now. She just has so much energy and is constantly into everything. She is getting so much more confident and less clingy now. At toddlers on Friday she went off by herself to dive head first into the toy box, then off to try and climb on to a toddler trampoline that two twin boys were jumping on. She climbed up it, didn't get the whole idea of having to jump, so sat there and just tried to pinch the twins who were ignoring her.

Today we went and saw a mortgage advisor and Lily was such a pain. She crawled under desks, chucked financial magazines everywhere and spent a good 10 minutes at the front of the office banging on the glass windows, alternatively screeching at passersby or licking the windows!

Well the terror is awake so I had better go. DH is having a boys nice out tonight, so might hop on later and update some more. Bye for now.

taxihome

United Kingdom

Saturday, March 10th 2012, 4:41pm

NH I have a couple of sample hair clips that I will be happy to send to you for free and you can tell the world where you got them from lol. Just PM me with your addy. They are sample ones tho.

We are also going to offer little sample make it yourself packs at wholesale prices for anyone that is interested. Will send over links on how to make too.

Rocky GL with the rice .

Blessed I too am scared when Mi starts toddling. There are dangers in all sorts but you will soon suss them out and feel more confident. I have had to change my house a lot for my DGD's. Coffee table corners and sides were dangerous so that went. Picture frames ornaments are all very exciting for toddlers too.

Boo L seems to be coming on leaps and bounds

Hi to everyone else.

AFM Mi is curling her tongue around while babbling. I think she is trying to form words lol.

Anyhoo take care everyone x

[zx071]
MY DIARY

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests