• "Curlytails" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Friday, August 17th 2012, 3:19pm

4 Million Bumbo Seats Recalled

A friend of mine posted this on facebook and I thought it may be useful to anyone who uses a bumbo. The link is to the US site but I imagine the bumbo is the same over there as it is here.

Bumbo Recall (not endorsed by FZ)

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Friday, August 17th 2012, 3:22pm

I was emailed this. I guess it is the same. I loved mine, just only put them on the ground...xx

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Friday, August 17th 2012, 6:20pm

Why would anyone think it's a good idea to use one off the ground?

Cobi has a mama and papas one and that comes with a tray so he can't fall forwards.

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Friday, August 17th 2012, 9:18pm

I have, for a long time, been anti Bumbo. I have heard too many stories of women leaving their kids on kitchen counters while they made coffee/supper or did the dishes. Fortunately no horror stories ensued except in my nightmares as I had seen a baby throw a tantrum and manage to get himself out of the bumbo which was (thankfully) on a soft surface at the time so there was no injury but I could just see what the result would have been had he been on a counter.
I tried one for C prior to becoming anti Bumbo but after only 2 uses of about 5 minutes each I returned it to sender and forbade the creche from using one for him.

Even with the new restraints that are being issued with the Bumbos and the tray etc, I am still anti them as I babies can and will still find a way to get themselves out of it and I, for one, do not blame the manufacturer but rather the people who bought them, used them and then recommended them to others all the while telling each other of the unsafe ways that they used them...

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE