You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Diane23" started this thread

Reg: Dec 12th 2012

Children: fingers crossed

Thursday, January 17th 2013, 1:23pm

gonal f changed do I have anything to worry about

lady's do I have anything to worry about.

my gonal f has been changed on 175 to 150 and I am only on the 6th day of gonal f.

this is the first time I am going threw ivf I am worried that I will not be at correct level by Saturday. the clinic said I could still go on Saturday to have my scan. has anything else been threw this. scared. com. xxxxx

Reg: May 8th 2012

Children: Blessed with one beautiful boy

Thursday, January 17th 2013, 5:21pm

Hi honey no its nothing to worry about the clinic will reduce or up the dosage depending on how you're responding ideally they like a slow steady growth so if they saw a lot of follies on your scan then they may have put the dose down slightly to make sure you don't hyper stimulate.

Hope that helps xxx
ICSI #1 & FET= BFN
FET #2= BFP early mc

ICSI #2- Sept 13 = :BFP: : D
Pprom at 28 weeks - Freddie James born at 32+4 perfect in every way lurve

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Thursday, January 17th 2013, 5:26pm

Like Macksie has said it is completely normal. As this is your first attempt your clinic has no idea how your body will react to the drugs and will be monitoring you closely.

Good Luck x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

Friday, January 18th 2013, 11:40am

thank you lady's.

I was more concerned because they said I had a little bit of ohms 2 weeks ago but was allowed to carry on with my treatment. today I have got really bad back pain :-( xxx

Friday, January 18th 2013, 2:00pm

Most clinics from what I have read on here when other ladies have had OHSS will continue you on the treatment and retrieve your eggs and then freeze the embryos if it looks like you are going to hyperstimulate. They will give you a couple of months for everything to go back to normal and then do an FET (frozen embryo transfer) cycle. Don't worry its all quite common and I've known of some great successes with this method the argument is that you are more relaxed with an FET (although I am not the best example.....yet!) The reason is if you were to get pregnant on a fresh cycle the pg hormones increase the OHSS and it becomes dangerous a friend of mine had it when she had IVF which resulted in her little boy.

Try not to worry speak to the clinic if you are concerned they monitor you pretty closely and it may be that you won't even develop OHSS. Drink plenty of water and eat lots of protien that helps the body to disperse of the fluid produced from your ovaries.

xx
ICSI #1 & FET= BFN
FET #2= BFP early mc

Friday, January 18th 2013, 2:43pm

thank you.

think I am just a born worrier. I have been drinking more then normal and eating allot of porting.
just starts worrying me when I had back pain and cold symptoms out apparently that is a side affect of the gonal f. suppose I will find
out tomorrow got an appointment it's the waiting afterwards I hate xxxxx

Friday, January 18th 2013, 6:11pm

It wouldn't be natural if you didn't worry I worry about absolutely everything and when on these sort of drugs we are bound to analyze every ache and pain I found the drugs did make me feel like I had a cold coming at times its all the hormones. Back ache may be due to your ovaries getting bigger too.

This part is a bit frustrating they slowed down my gonal f as I had 30 follies so i was stimming for almost 3 weeks on my fresh cycle but suddenly its all systems go.

Try not to worry you're one of hundreds going through this I really hope it has a positive outcome for you huni xxx
ICSI #1 & FET= BFN
FET #2= BFP early mc

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE