You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 40 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Daisy1979" started this thread

Reg: Jan 27th 2013

Sunday, January 27th 2013, 10:31pm

Tese/ icsi

Hi there!. me and my husband are going down the route of Tese and ICSI treatment. It really has been a difficult year coming to terms with this and the possible future of not having a child of our own. But we are getting there day by day. We would be interested to hear about other people's experience of those who have had this treatment and what is involved. I know there is lots on the net to look up, but we would be greatful to hear from those of you who have been though this complicated process.

Many thanks..

[list][*][/list]

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Monday, January 28th 2013, 4:07am

Hi Daisy and welcome to FZ.

My DH had a vasectomy reversal and at the same time had MESA. They got 8 vials of sperm and these were frozen. The reversal did not work so we defrosted one vial and this was used for ICSI. I'm afraid I don't know about TESE but I think it is similar, I am not sure what was the reversal and what was Mesa but after a week or so of soreness DH was much better. We were very fortunate and ICSI worked first time. Wishng you so much luck. Any questions ask away xxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN :-(
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN :bawl:
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Monday, January 28th 2013, 7:47am

Hi Daisy
My husband has absence of vas deferens (AVD) due to being a cystic fybrosis gene carrier and as a result he had to have an SSR. It was a really quick operation and he wasn't sore for long. All he did was eat really healthily and cut out alcohol for about 3 months before the operation. We got 3 vials of juvenile sperm frozen ( AVD means that the tube from the testes doesn't form at birth so sperm cannot become mature, as I understand it! It's quite rare so not much written about it), and I am now 37 weeks PG so am an example of a success story.

Good luck

xxx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

• "Daisy1979" started this thread

Reg: Jan 27th 2013

Monday, January 28th 2013, 10:04am

Many thanks for your positive replies, so great to hear that you were both successful with icsi. Net, my husband is also considered to be gene carrier of CF. before our experience, I have never heard of this being a cuse for male infertility before. It has come as such a shock. were you treated on NHS or private? How long did the process take from Tese to Icsi? I didn't realise the sperm would be considered juvenile, how was the sperm matured? I have been in the frame kind of if I think of the worse case scenario then I won't be dissapointed if it doesn't happen, but after reading some of the forums here I am starting to feel a little more positive! Congratulations on your sucess! Wonderful result!

Many thanks xxx

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Monday, January 28th 2013, 11:56am

Hi daisy

It came as a complete shock to us too. When my DH's sperm sample came back with zero sperm we were devasted. We had genetic testing done at Guy's hospital under the NHS but the SSR privately because at the time the wait list for my PCT was 3 years. Luckily they then changed their rules the month before we were due to start private treatment and we were very lucky to get NHS ICSI again at Guy's hospital.
Regarding the juvinile/mature sperm I think the urologist told us that because of the AVD the sperm wouldn't be mature but juvenile sperm can still be used (I think). To be honest I didn't ask the embryologists about it - I should have done but of the 10 eggs I got, 5 fertilised and 4 went to blasto, so I was very lucky.
We had genetic testing March 2010, SSR June 2010 and started first ICSI Feb 2011 but I could have done it Aug 2010 if we had gone private, it was only delayed till Feb 2011 due to switching to NHS and Guys losing our paperwork!
All the very best

xxx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 40 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE