You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Buzzbee

• "Buzzbee" started this thread

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Tuesday, March 26th 2013, 7:39pm

Good luck with the move AG. I bet you can't wait to just get settled in your new family home.

Is the City Select a tandem one? I have narrowed my choice down to the Hauck Roadster Duo or Baby Weavers Baby 2 Twin. Both are less than £200 so not mega expensive. But I may also just opt for a stroller, which is more lightweight but I'm just not keen on them being comfortable enough for a newborn, even if they do lie back. Plenty of time to decide I guess.

I'm having a glucose test next week. I fear I have GD again but it will help me not pile on loads more weight I guess. I'm huge too considering I'm only 16 weeks. I look about 24 weeks! I was definitely smaller with N but I know I didn't have a jelly belly when I got pregnant with him, my stomach was quite flat so I guess I now have fat on top of baby LOL!

NH - I hope you get your dream house. I would love to move but the time isn't right now, at least not for another 3 years or more. Unless of course I win the lottery! Can you get universal buggy boards or are they just for specific prams?

Booboo - have just emailed you a load of links for swim suits that my mum found on Ebay. Some look perfect. I think I am going to go for a 2 piece one as it will probably be easier when changing his nappy. Do you think these swim nappies can hold poo and ensure it doesn't go in the pool? They look so much thinner than normal nappies don't they?
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Reg: Dec 6th 2010

Tuesday, March 26th 2013, 8:53pm

AG. Good luck !! Hope all goes ok. The deen is Baltic!! Welcome!!

NH. Woo hoo re the house. You will live to see lily exploring the new house. Ross was really cute looking about even at one!

Buzbee aG I am massive too. I look like I'm about 25 weeks. I about a stone heavier so suspect its just a load of flab but goodness !!! I just look really fat!!

Boo boo. Bless the shopping tantrum. Ross quite likes having Im not staying in my push chair moments too. Sigh. Mind u I was calmer than I thought I'd be. Oh we'll hey. The terrible twos will be on us soon enough !!

Rocky hi when are you finishing up at work??

Quick post as in bath!!

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Tuesday, March 26th 2013, 10:17pm

Oh just a quick one to say about the buggy boards. We have just got one - a lascal one which is universal and fits most pushchairs (off ebay - funnily enough from glossop). harry is still too young as the recommended age is 2+years. He just wants to walk instead and wants to get off after less than 1 min but I'm sure he will get better with it as time goes on. I think it would probably be handy for you to have a double though because of when you need to go somewhere quickly or want to contain Nathan for safety - or if he needs a nap etc....

Speaking of naps.....I think Harry may need to give up his day nap. The last week or so I am struggling a bit to get him to sleep in the evening. He always goes down for his day nap no problem so I know he must be tired, but I think it is now starting to affect his bedtime. What do you think ladies? I thought they would be napping until at least 3! Hope you're all well xx

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Wednesday, March 27th 2013, 10:23pm

NH- aww my L sounds like your L with the tantrums and mine isn't even 2 yet...lol. Everything is no at the moment. I have been wondering if I say no too much and so her answer mirrors what's say....so I have been trying alternatives when I don't want her to do something... Nappy changes are a nightmare. We do that upstairs in our house and it takes her 5 minutes to climb the stairs as she is insistent on no help and she just messes about..lol. Then when I have to get her on the bed to do the nappy that also takes sometime. Tbh though most things had a reason behind them with L...so the changing her bum thing is because she gets sore so I think she is associates it with that. Then sometimes when getting out of the car she likes to walk to the house now (rather than been carried) and then refuses to walk through the door and sits on the outside step...in the freezing cold! I try and coax her in by making it fun as I try and avoid physicaly picking her up against her will...basically trying to get her to do what I want because she wants to or decides to herself rather than because I had made her...but sometimes it wears my patience thin. It's so normal for them at this age. My biggest bug bear is my mum often refers to L as 'naughty' or making comments about her like no other toddler in the world tantrums, but I go to alot of play groups and see all different types of parenting styles and every toddler I know tantrums/ throws strops ect so not matter what we do we just have to ride it. It's just a phase...before we know it they'll be stroppy teenagers....now that I dread..lol. Btw..from what i have read toddlers tantrum more for the people they feel the more confident and secure with so don't take it as anything against yourself hun that she tantrums more for you than dh...its actually the opposite!! You've made me feel better about our flights Hun. Good thinking about letting her say hello to other kiddies on board. Hope your house move starts to come along abit quicker...it's stressful isn't it. Xxx

Blessed- thanks again for them links Hun. I think I really like the mothercare mini mouse one from mothercare (the link u sent me on fb). I think L wuld enjoy wearing that too..lol. A for swim nappies...I am taking 20 (2 per day) as we are off for 10 days. And also some swim pants that are like plastic kickers that are supposed to contain there poo..lol. Swim nappies are thin but they are supposed to contain everything..lol. You mention your friend on here before who's parenting u admire. I have a friend who has a 2 year old and she is soooooo well behaved. No terrible 2's in sight..lol. she just basically negotiates with her dd all the time so not to have a melt down. W were at a play centre the other day and when it was time to go rather than just dictate it was time she negotiated one more go on the slide...then when her dd had 5 extra goes in the slide she just kept asking her Until she was finally ready to go. She never raised her voice and is really calm...reminded me of how u say your friend is. I always try and be like that too rather than shouty. It's good having a friend who's done it before us to copy isn't it..lol. Xxx

Rocky - re naps - my nephews dp has a 21 month old who outgrew his naps a while ago. She just said that he didn't go to bed until past 9pm if he napped during the day (even a morning nap) so she stopped trying to get him to nap. Some do outgrow naps quicker than others. I know some lo's that have still napped until 3 years old though too. What time does he go to bed at night with and without naps? The latest I'd be willing to accept with L would be 8pm...any later than that I'd be cutting out naps. Though I do love her nap times to clean my floors and catch up on the washing....lol xxx

Eliz- that's me too Hun...calm as possible when they tantrum in public. What's the point in getting embarrassed...they all do it..lol xx

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

Thursday, March 28th 2013, 4:09pm

Hi all,

Elizmac - will be finishing work end of July. But don't have to tell them until end May so will leave it till the last minute. I've no excuse for all my flab!! Can I ask you something?....re medication (any type) - does it generally leave your system after 12 hrs? Just wonder as I am still BF - don't really take anything but sometimes wonder if I can have things.

Booboo - Harry goes to bed by 8pm but the last week or so I am struggling a bit as he gets back up after his feed and starts messing with things which he didn't use to do. I haven't tried cutting out his nap yet. I think he would struggle to get thorugh the day without it. I've thought about waking him after 1/2 hr instead of the full hour but when I've woke him early he's been really ratty for about 30 mins screaming. So I'm not sure what to do. But it's not good news if some of them can drop a nap at this age!

AFM finished for easter today for 2 weeks so looking forward to being at home (I won't say 'break' because I won't get a rest!). Harry is so cute at the moment. His vocab is grat - he is sayning all sorts now and seems to understand everything. I opened the curtains yesterday and he shouted 'snow'. It's lovely. Anyway gotta go be back later xx

Thursday, March 28th 2013, 5:02pm

Oh forgot to add aswell re Harry's naps...some nights it's 30 mins after his feed that I can get him settled and other nights it's been 1hr. He eventually gets sleepy and lies down. So do you think this sounds like he needs to cut the day nap? I really hope not! xx

Thursday, March 28th 2013, 6:58pm

Rocky. It depends what it is. Some drugs take days to be excreted. Some within a couple of hours. Some excreted in breast milk some not. We have a book that tells us what's fine and what isn't. If there is anything particular you want to know about just pm me and I'll check when I'm next at work.
Re naps. You just just try him without for a day or so and see what happens. He may just be having a phase. Ross went a week hVing no naps at all at the childminders when his teeth were sore but now has gone back to having 2-: hours again and going to bed at 7. I'm starting to wake him after two though as although he goes down at 8 easily he is waking up earlier again. I'm encouraging his naps for as long as poss. Can't face being massive or having a new baby with him awake all day. Gah!!!

Will catch up later.
Boo boo your tree is ace!

Buzzbee

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Thursday, March 28th 2013, 7:56pm

I'm wondering about naps too. N often sleeps through the night now, going to bed between 6:30 and 7pm but he always seems to wake around 5am, sometimes earlier. I would love him to sleep in past 6am on my days off. I guess it's hard because I get him up at 5:45am when we're in work and nursery so maybe his body clock is use to getting up that early ?o(

Currently he is having 1 nap at day at nursery from about 12 - 1. On our days at home he will happily go down for a nap about 8 or 9am for an hour and then again around 1:30pm for 1.5 - 2 hours. Whether he has 1 or 2 naps doesn't affect his night time sleep, he just always seems to wake up early. I am wondering if stopping his day nap might make him sleep longer at night?! The thing is he loves his day time nap and you can tell he is ready for one around 4 hours or so after his last one. He rubs his eyes and gets a bit cranky or just wants to sit in your knee so I feel mean keeping him awake when he clearly wants to have a nap. I must admit I do like that break in the day when he sleeps too as I either catch up on chores or chill on the sofa with my kindle or catch up on Sky plus. Oh and I have tried just giving him a bottle when he wakes up early in the hope he will go back down to sleep but he doesn't, he wants to play for an hour or so before having a nap!

Rocky - ooooh you finish work just before I start maternity! We'll be off together again :) We will definitely have to sort meeting up more so the boys can play.

Booboo - i remember you saying L loves Minnie so I think that suit would be perfect for her. They do a cute hat too to match.

Liz - glad it's not just me who is heavy! I have put on just over a half a stone already and I am already half a stone off my full-term pregnancy weight with N! Granted I was overweight when I got pregnant - well my BMI was fine but I wanted to be half a stone lighter to feel better about myself. That went out of the window after seeing a BFP and now I am just getting heavier and heavier. I do have a pregnant shape belly now though rather than it looking like fat. Someone even asked me yesterday if I was pregnant. Before then they just stared wondering if I was or not LOL! You know when you daren't ask for fear of offending but you can definiitely telll now. When is your 20 week scan scheduled for?

Typical I am finally in the mood to sort through the photos on my camera and put some on FB and I can't find the lead to load them onto my computer! Oh well it will have to wait until I am in the mood again LOL! N has changed so much since the last photos I uploaded. He is a little man now and not a baby anymore :)

I hope everyone has a lovely Easter weekend anyway. I am off now for 6 days :thumbsup:

xx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Buzzbee" (Mar 28th 2013, 8:01pm)

Reg: May 28th 2009

Thursday, March 28th 2013, 11:01pm

Just a quick one re: naps as I have just got home from work (10.30pm) after starting at 8.30am. Knackered.com!!

I would say encourage the naps as long as possible! Lily doesn't nap for me anymore. She might drop off to sleep if we are going somewhere in the car but during the day she shows no signs of being tired. Even when bed time comes, she doesn't seem any more tired than when she was having naps. In fact, normally she is running around like a loon right up until we put her into her bed!

Not having her go down for a nap makes the day a little harder and a little longer. Us mums need the break the naps provide and they say that toddlers should have between 12-15hrs of sleep a day. Ultimately, when they are ready to drop naps, they just wont nap in the day anymore. Until then, if they sleep during the day - it's because they need it!

Sunday, March 31st 2013, 9:36pm

Hi all,

Hope you've all had a good Easter. We've had a nice day but nothing out of the ordinary. Well Harry's naps have been better in terms of him going to bed better but it's still hit and miss. Tonight it only took 10 mins after his feed so not bad. Going to see how he goes on over the next couple of weeks. I have to make sure I wake him from a nap after 1hr or it makes it much worse - he usually wakes himself after 1 hr anyway but if he doesn't then I wake him up. So jeloues of some of you having them nap for 2hrs etc. Would be great to be able to get some stuff done. we are trying to sort out all our stuff for moving but it seems like an impossible task with the 2 of them. Everything is being done in 1 hr stints and we've so much to do.

Buzzbee - the only thing you can do about waking early is put him to bed later - but can't see that working if you have to get up so early most days. Do you know what you're doing when the new baby arrives? Are you keeping N in nursery some of the days? PM me if you fancy meeting over the next 2 weeks as I'm off so am free.

Have you all scoffed some chocolate? Me and DP shared an egg tonight - that she bought for me. I didn't get her one in the end .... and didn't tell her about the one I ate!! Anyway hope you're all OK xx

Reg: Oct 19th 2009

Tuesday, April 2nd 2013, 1:52pm

Hey Ladies,

gosh, time flies -long time no post, have been so busy with work at all of Molly's nap times when i'm off that my days are very limited - I'm in the office today and have just spent a great hour reading and catching up, so much of what you are all saying is like describing Molly, I keep nodding and going yep, yep, lol. am so glad she's not the only little tantruming monster out there.

hope you are all well and i will post a proper post tonight, just wanted to say a quick Hi & hope you all had lovely Easters

xx
Anna
2nd ICIS Jan 2011 :BFP:

Tuesday, April 2nd 2013, 9:22pm

hello again,

So much interesting stuff has been going on, loads to catch up on as I want to get back in the loop however, i can't see far back i am trying to remember stuff so forgive me if i get mixed up

AG - big congratulations on selling your house, it must have been a gorgeous house to sell so quickly, have you settled back into the UK well? hope the bump is growing nicely, did you decide on a buggy yet? we have a baby jogger, city mini one i bought it 2nd hand for travelling as it's amazing and so easy to fold, plus the hood is great for when they sleep, as a newborn there are carry cots you can attach on too so they can face you and lie flat, they do a great one for twins too, not cheap though! i totally empathise with your worries / freak outs as i get anxious and worry about everything too, something happening to Molly, something to DH, how we would all cope etc, Molly sounds similar to N with the sharing / taking etc, i think all toddlers behave like that though, but like you i am quite quick to intervene as i know what she can be like when they take it back - cue her to grab / poke/ upset them and i don't want them upset or i don't want Molly to hurt anyone, with that in mind I also worry about how i am doing as a parent and mum too, and i don't even have pregnancy hormones to blame it on!

NH - another big congratulations on selling your house and the new house, when do you move? the new one sounds perfect, having a big garden just in time for summer will be fab, it's why we moved this time last year, So has Lily definitely dropped her nap now? it seems so early, i am hoping you will come back and say it was just a phase. I love that time, gives me time do get on with all my stuff - and keep on top of all the housework, how on earth do you keep on top of things now? Does Lily play on her own and do arts & craft stuff easily? i can't wait till Molly can sit at the table drawing / sticking happily for a few hours while i get on with stuff (this is my fantasy btw - bet it never happens as she has the attention of a flea!) I saw all your recent pics on FB, the petting farm and library look fantastic, Lily is very lucky, hope you have a fab time at Centre Parks, i love it there. oh, btw, i have been increasingly worried about Molly's appetite and found you posted something similar and i went on that link and it's great, the calculator and portion guide especially, thanks for finding that!

Buzzbee - firstly am so pleased N's MRI came back ok, i am sure you knew nothing wrong but great to get it confirmed, when are you off on holiday, i know what you mean about worrying about villa & pool thing, i think you just have to be extra vigilant, sorry to see your first swimming exp was a disaster, i am sure he will love it when it's outdoors and nice & warm. We take Molly each week, the swimming nappies are great, she's done a couple of poos while swimming and as the chlorine smells, we only realised once took them off, it's very messy trying to clean them up though esp when they are cold & wet. get the swimming nappies you pull on like pants and can take off like a nappy, think they are called little swimmers. Boots also to 3/4 length swimming costumes, Molly has one down to elbows and knees, very cute, like a little victorian swimming costume. Re feeding with spoon / fork, M feeds herself all sloppy stuff easily with spoon, but when it is main meals eg: fishfingers she half uses her fork and half her hands, but then she also puts the food on the fork with her hand, i have recently given her a spoon in her other hand to use in place of a knife to see if that helps her not to use her hands. Re vests - good point, hadn't even though of when they stop wearing, i guess when they are out of nappies for definite, we only use them when it's cold outside, which at the moment is all the time! how is N getting on with his potty btw?

BooBoo - hey, great news about your Mum stopping smoking, also i saw on FB you had been away with her? hope you guys are getting on better now, it must have been very upsetting when you don't. Lydie's tantrums sound so funny, well, only funny as they sound identical to Molly's all the arching back, wailing, lying on the floor thrashing around, i used to feel really self conscious, but now i know 99% other mum's look on in a nice / im glad it's not me this time way, also she does look pretty funny and cute when she has one, we now ignore her for a bit or prod her in her bum with our foot which eventually makes her laugh, the worst thing i can do is pick her up as then she just thrashes out whacking me in the face more often than not. Nappy changes often involve me pinning her down while singing/blowing rasberries, or putting the nappy on while she is upseide down/back to front/ standing up. then have to get her dressed before she takes it off again, aaaaggggghhhhh. i am afraid think i might be a "helicopter mum" as you put it as Molly went through a phase of hitting / poking other kids in the face intentionally, so i was always having to hover to make sure she didn't hurt anyone, also she does still have a tendency to grab stuff off other kids so i have to make her give it back, she is very good at giving people her stuff though ont he plus side. I don't really have any role model mum's to look up to & follow their techniques as all my closest nearest friends have babies younger, i wish i had someone to follow as i am sure i am doing it all wrong with the discipline / guidence etc, i worry we have spoiled her and this is why she has these awful meltdowns so often, i also worry nursery will want her to leave as she is doing it so much. In her defence she has had 10 teeth come through since january so i am sure a lot of it can be attributed to that.

Liz - lol, the one standing out post was about R pooing all over the carpet and then smearing it in all over the house, ewwww... lovely! glad to hear you got your keys back in the end, that must have been so stressful, my DH lost my set with both car keys, moped key, house keys etc, we still haven't replaced them as so expensive. Great to hear your pregnancy is blooming, am sure all the weight is just the baby, it doesn't sound too much? have you told everyone now? good to hear you aren't worried about Ross's speech anymore, how old is he now? are the words he can say clear? Molly is still only saying a few - clock, chocolate, cheese, fish, shoes, mama, daddy, bubble, bye bye (and they aren't exactly that clear) but i am still trying not to worry about it as she literally understands everything, so much so it's a bit freaky sometimes. Maybe she will just be a thinker. what buggy are you going for? are the rennovations finished yet? our kitchen is a building site at the moment and bloody freezing

Chilli - hey, i love your tactic with the shopping trolley, what a good idea, like a cage on wheels! when Molly had a meltdown in Currys recently to distract her I put her in a shopping basket on wheels and pulled her around, she loved it! we also employ the bread thing, we use a crusty baguette as the harder the better as it will keep her happy for ages lol, since i last posted Molly had got a lot more loving towards me, so much so it was pretty equal with her going to both me & DH with no preference which was amazing, however since he has beem home for Easter she has totally become a daddy's girl again, to the extent she cries for him if i so much try to pick her up - i find it very hard when she is like this, i hope it gets back to normal again soon :-( i have emailed your mum about the blanket as finally got some time to go up to the loft to go through all Molly's old clothes, i can't believe how teeny tiny they were, makes me so nostalgic, can't believe she is a little girl now, where has the time gone?

Rocky - the buggy board sounds great, i have seen them out and about, does Harry stay on it happily while you push it? how old is he now? that's brilliant news you have made the decision to leave work and spend your time with the little ones, it will be so precious and i think once they get past the terrible twos it will be so much easier have you had any more thought's about any more IVF? we are doing our FET late summer, it is overwhelming to think about starting it all again though. have you found a new house as well? Hope you got Harry to sleep from a decent time, it's nothing to do with lighter evenings is it?

sorry - this post is dragging on a bit. we are good, been so busy, had a great Easter, done loads of fun stuff since i last posted both with Moll and without, we'vre all been pretty ill with chest infections & norovirus as well, M brought both home from nursery and we were all sick in a tag team for about 2 weeks which was awful, she picks up so much from nursery every week she comes home with cold / cough / conjunctivitis / virus etc..... do any of you ladies find this? i think a childminder is the only other option but not sure if it the same there, NH what are your views on it?

Half the time M is an absolute little angel and half the time she is a little monster, when we have a lovely day together it more than makes up for the melt downs, what I worry about though is that maybe we have spoiled her and previously would always give her what she wants to stop her tears, and now we have stopped doing it we have lots of tantrums, any more advice from anyone? She's so active, can walk up stairs without crawling now, jumps down them or slides down super fast on her bum, climbs on top of everything, tried to climb up the chimney the other day, seems to have no fear..... understands everything we say to her and even just to each other when talking about her and she overhears it, it's scary sometimes how much she understands, still not saying much though! re napping, she sleeps from 9-10 in the morning and from about 12:30-2:30 in the afternoon, long may it last, i am not looking forward to saying goodbye to them!

xxx
Anna

Tuesday, April 2nd 2013, 9:23pm

wow - first time they have told me my post is too long to post! - here's the end bit......

Work is very busy and quite stressful, and am also project managing the building work we are having on my non work days so busy with that too - we are going on holiday to france soon to see MIL which will be a lovely break, hopefully most of the disruptive building work on our house can take place when we are away. it's so cold with no proper heating downstairs

quick questions - how much do your LO's all eat now including snacks & milks? and are they always trying to eat when they see / hear food? would be interesting to find out as i am not sure if Molly's eating behaviour / appetite is normal.

right, better go and have a bath, hope i haven't bored you all and you all have lovely evenings

xx
Anna

Wednesday, April 3rd 2013, 11:51am

Blimey Anna that's an essay lol.
Glad you are fine. And glad you aren't so worried re speech. Ross hasn't said any new words for months. He still only says. Mummy daddy Elle birdie dog juice hello hi bye and teeth. He's way behind but he's always been the sane and is coming on just a couple of months too late ! He understands most things I say so I'm not really worried anymore. He can now jump and hop and drink from an open cup and get himself dressed and undressed so I can forgive him for not saying much. He doesn't eat much either most days. He has a bowl of ready Brel or weetabix or an omelette. He rarely finishes it and now only takes an ounce of milk. He has a snack of a biscuit or something before he goes to bed at 11. He eats a bit of lunch then maybe a pasta salad or stew or something and has juice. He then won't touch a thing all afternoon other than crisps he's obsessed. I hide them! Then he may manage beans and a fish finger and a bit of carrot or something for tea with a pot of fruit and then no more than 2-3 oz milk at bed. Occasionally he will had a crazy scoff day but not very often. He eats way less than anyone I know of his age. He's growing fine and although there's no fat anywhere on him he's not skinny. I have no idea where he gets his calories from!! I still worry a bit but am trying not to!

Hi to the rest of you. I'm just trying to get ready to go out while he's asleep. God I hope he keeps his naps for a while!

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Wednesday, April 3rd 2013, 7:56pm

Rocky - LOL at you eating Easter eggs on the quiet! I have eaten so much chocolate this past week, more than usual. There is a pile of Easter eggs staring at me now that N received off relatives and I am thinking it's best I eat them than him LOL! Yes I am soooo keeping N in nursery when the LO arrives. I really think I would struggle with them both at home, plus N loves nursery. I will probably just reduce the days to 3 days a week then maybe 2 when I am on less pay as the months go by. The good thing is I get childcare vouchers now so even when my maternity pay stops after 39 weeks I get that so that should hopefully mean he can stay in nursery for 1 day a week. Will you have both Harry and Edie at home with you when you finish work? I will PM you re meeting up.

Anna - N sounds very much like Molly atm. He was 80% angel, 20% monster but lately it is balancing out more! He has been very grumpy this week and showing his mood when he doesn't get what he wants. He also had a temp the night before last and woke up screaming in the night. He only wanted cuddling by me or DH and wouldn't go in his cot. In the end I brought him into bed with me and he fell asleep. Last night he cried when I tried to put him to bed, which he never does and when he did fall asleep he woke an hour later and wanted to get up. He didn't have a temp though so not sure why he was refusing to sleep. I put him in bed with me again and he didn't want to sleep straight away and was bouncing about but I just ignored him and eventually he fell asleep. God knows why he is playing up like this but I am praying he sleeps through tonight in his own bed. He also had a major tantrum today, so much so, he screamed for a good 15 minutes and was inconsolable. He thrashed out when DH or I tried to cuddle him and calm him down. It was awful to see and we actually wondered if something was wrong and if he was in pain. I ended up making him a bottle and thankfully he drank it and crashed out in my arms for 2 hours. I have made an appointment at the docs tomorrow as we're wondering if he has another ear or throat infection and it's like he is in pain. To be fair he has been full of a cold for days - you said you and Molly are like a tag team, we are too, I have had a cold that I can't shake off and I think N and I are just passing it back and forth. How long has Molly been at nursery now? N was constantly ill in the first 6 months I think ,well he would have a break of about a week or two. Lately it''s less and less thank god so hopefully Molly's immune system is getting tougher and she can cope with the different bugs she picks up. I haven't bothered with the potty since we got it. Well, it's tucked under the stairs for now. The plan is to start training when he is around 2.5 years old, which will be next Feb time ish. I'll be off on maternity then so can devote time to it. N is like Molly with the naps, one in the morning and another after lunch. On the days he is in nursery though he only has 1 nap of about an hour. So when are you starting FET then? How many frosties do you have?

Liz - wow Ross can dress and undress himself?! As in take a jumper on and off too? That is great. The most N can do is take his slippers and socks off. He does try to put his pants on or his coat but struggles with navigating his arms and legs LOL! How are you feeling now? Were you unwell recently?

Hi to everyone else. Hope you're all good.

As I was saying to Anna N has been a bit unsettled this week. Not sure why, whether it's a bug or whatever. I was wondering if it was the recent swimming trip as although the second trp was more successful and he loved it by the end of it he did cry at first and it took a good few minutes for me to settle him in the water. I am wondering if the anxiety of that has made him unsettled and he has become clingy to me too - well clingy and also lashing out!

NH - I remember Lily had a period of not sleeping great after you tried potty training didn't she? Do you think that was connected? I'm just wondering if things can trigger their unsettledness, rather than it just being down to teething or not feeling well?! We're at the docs tomorrow anyway with N just to double check he is OK as don't want to assume. Loved your video of you riding the horse with Lily. Looks like she loved it.

Thursday, April 4th 2013, 11:16am

Rocky – I can’t believe you didn’t tell DP that you scoffed her egg! I would have scoffed it too, but then bought another one – but would have made DP share it with me! Glad Harry’s naps are better though.

Anna – Yes Lily has definitely dropped her nap now. She will nap 50% of the time at the childminder’s but never at home. It’s strange, she went from having 2-3 hour naps to none at all!! I was expecting the length of the nap to reduce first before the naps stopped. She can play on her own and does like colouring, or play-doh, but she would rather have me sitting there with her though. To have a break, I normally put the TV on, give her a bag of organix carrot stix and she will sit and watch it for awhile. She is currently obsessed with Cinderella, so she might sit and watch that for 30 minutes if I’m lucky.

Generally the household chores are done with her hanging off my leg shouting “mummy look” “mummy, lily play with toys” “mummy. Lily hungry. Eat cheese/chocolate/biscuit!” Most stuff I can get done with her awake but I let DH do the hoovering when I am giving her a bath in the evening.

Our trip to centre parcs in only a couple of weeks away now and an NCT friend, her hubby and little girl have decided to come with us. It will be great for Lily to have a little play mate there. But we are not particularly close with the couple, so might find it a little awkward. Hopefully they don’t want to spend all the time with us, so that we can have some space to just relax and have fun as a family.

Anna – I think you were referring to the Little People’s Plates website? Infant & Toddler Forum | Little People's Plates How handy is the food calculator?!

At the moment, Lily eats a lot! A typical day consists of:
7am – 9oz of milk, followed by a bowl of cereal (readybrek or cheerios), or two slices of toast.
9am – one whole apple
9.30am – 10oz of heavily diluted squash which she will drink on and off for an hour
10am – a biscuit or two
10.30am – box of raisins
11am – two humzingers
12pm – lunch (soup, pasta/couscous salad, sandwich, sausage roll) + 4oz of heavily diluted squash
1.30pm – large pot of yoghurt (adult portion)
2pm – one babybel + 10oz of heavily diluted squash which she will drink on and off for an hour
From 3pm it’s constant snacking (fruit, organix snacks) until dinner at 4.30pm – full bowl of pasta/risotto/casserole/etc + 4oz of heavily diluted squash. Followed by pudding – rice pudding/custard with fruit salad/chocolate easter egg/jelly/etc.
7pm – 9oz of milk

She’s driving me crazy – it’s constantly “mummy, Lily hungry! Eat!!!” It’s costing me a fortune in keeping the house well stocked to meet demand! I need to take out shares in the Organix company! She is not nearly as bad when we are out and about though, so I am thinking she may be eating out of boredom? If we are out, she won’t want to eat but as soon as we get in the car it’s “mummy eat!”.

Elizmac – wow that Ross can undress and dress himself. Lily can take shoes, socks and jacket off. She can pull her trousers down and take her nappy off. She can put certain shoes on, but that’s about it. I try to encourage her to dress herself but she instantly gets frustrated and gives up.

Buzzbee – Sorry N is not himself at the moment. Yes I do believe the potty training had an effect on her sleeping. I think it started a period where Lily suffered from separation anxiety – something that they commonly go through around the two year mark. It went on for about a week but every now and then we are having a blip – like this week. Lots of disturbed sleep but she is easy to settle – I just have to pop my head around the door and tell her to lay back down.

Not much to report from me. Lily is testing my patience at times. This morning we had world war 3 because she wanted to stay home watching Cinderella but she had to put her coat on and go to the car. She screamed and sobbed for the entire 30 minute journey.

On the weekend, I was killing time in Halfords while DH was getting a headlight fitted. I found a scooter for Lily to try and it took her two minutes to figure it out before she was whizzing around everywhere! So we bought it for her and she even got a Minnie Mouse helmet as well. Lucky girl!

Speaking of lucky, she is starting to really look forward to her weekly visits to see my horse. When there, she gets to have a ride as well. She sits on him bareback and while I hold on to her leg and lead her around. Last Monday, DH came with us and I got to have a bit of a ride as well and at one point, Lily sat in front of me and the two of us had a nice ride around the school. To do that with my own little girl has been a dream of mine for decades. And in a few years I will be able to ride my horse, with her riding her own little pony beside me. Ah heaven!

Anyway, this has turned into a mammoth email. I had best get back to work and start doing the stuff I get paid to do!

Bye for now.

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Thursday, April 4th 2013, 11:37am

Wow NH Lily does eat a lot doesn't she? Where does she put it all LOL?! I suppose at this age they have so much energy to burn don't they? N loves Organix too and those carrot sticks are great for shopping trips and wanting to keep him occupied for a good 10 minutes while he eats them!

So it could be separation anxiety then? Last night he went in his cot fine, which was a good start as the night before he didn't, but after 4 hours he woke up screaming. I did try and ignore it as sometimes he can cry in his sleep but he then got up (I watch this on the video monitor) so I went in and he instantly put his arms out for me and was trying to climb out of the cot. I cuddled him and settled him for 5 minutes and put him back in his cot, which was fine, until 5 minutes later when he screamed again. Rather than spend time trying to settle him and put him back and repeat several times I decided to just bring him into our bed and he instantly fell back to sleep. I think it's a catch 22 because the night before I was trying to keep him in his cot but by doing so meant he became more awake and harder to go back to sleep. Last night was easier because I made the decision sooner to put him in with me. He slept until 4:30am when he woke up happy and was tapping me on the back! These early get ups are taking their toll too. As I'm in work I don't see the point of trying to get him back to sleep when I'm up an hour later as we both have to be ready and out of the door by 7:30am.

DH is taking him to the docs later just to rule out any infection. He hasn't been sick. Or it may just be that he is full of a cold or I was thinking he may have water in his ears from swimming and every night in the bath he likes to lie in the water so his ears are under water. Do you think that does any harm? How do you stop them having fun in the bath though? He loves putting his head back in the water.

Hopefully it is just a phase anyway but it is hard isn't it when they go from sleeping really well to not. Maybe he is getting me some practice in before the baby arrives LOL! I suppose it won't be such a shock to the system then eh?! :laugh:

That's lovely that you have fulfilled a dream having Lily on the horse with you. By the looks of it it won't be long before she has the confidence to do it all on her own little pony. Will you buy her one then?

Thursday, April 4th 2013, 11:54am

Buzzbee - no I wont buy her a pony. Too expensive. Besides, there are 1,000s of little ponies out there that people are willing to share, so I would make an arrangement with someone where we would be look after the pony for a day or two. Much cheaper and easier!

N might be going through separation anxiety. If so, controlled crying only makes the situation worse - as I found out. Do whatever works for you and N hun... I am sure it's just a blip.

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Thursday, April 4th 2013, 12:04pm

I was going to ask aren't ponies expensive? They have pony riding schools don't they that children can join? Well there is one near me so assume they have many around the country.

Yeah well normally I don't mind CC but you know don't you when their cry is really distressed and you can't leave them? That is how N has been and he gets himself into such a state. Yesterday when he had his meltdown in the afternoon he was crying so hard he was like he was in his own zone and didn't see us. It was frightening to be honest. It's almost like he has become scared of sleeping in his room as what triggered it was me putting him in his cot for his afternoon nap despite him showing the usual signs of tiredness. Or maybe if it is separation anxiety he doesn't want to be in the room on his own?! I really hope it is a blip and he goes back to his normal sleeping habits of being very good.

I thought he would cry this morning when DH dropped him off at nursery but he said he was fine. Maybe he will feel better today after being at nursery as we have been off for a few days.

Thursday, April 4th 2013, 9:07pm

Omg nh. I think Ross eats less than that in a week!!' Wow.
Glad you got to take her for a ride though. I bet it was quite a special moment having wanted to for so long!
Ross is a bit weird when it comes to getting dressed. He got obsessed a few weeks ago trying to put his tops on and ever since struggles away trying to get them
On and he screams if we try to help him. He can get tops on if they are loose, same with pj bottoms etc but he can't do stiff heavy trousers and he's obsessed with taking his shoes and socks on and off He's a strange boy lol. He's very Immature in other ways though so hey.

Buzbee hope Nathan settles down. They often have these crazy spells don't they. Ross often kicks up a fuss after he's been Ill and had more cuddles etc but thankfully it's only ever lasted a couple of nights.

Hi all. I have no interesting news though so ill pop back when I do!

Thursday, April 4th 2013, 10:26pm

Hi all,

NH - wow I can't believe how much Lily is eating. Is she big for her age? Harry is going through a funny faze with eating again and seems to have lost some of his appetite. He geanerally has 1 weetabix for breakfast and a piece of toast (small nible sized bread though and usually only eats half a slice). He then has a sandwich (with 2 small breads) for lunch (usually eats 3/4 of it) follwed by fruit. Then he has about 100ml milk and 2 organix rice cakes or scone or flapjack (tiny) of similar at 3.30pm. Tea is whatever we have so tonight was a homemade pizza with beana and he ate hardly any, follwed by fruit and yoghurt. And then a banana before bed. But then some days he will eat more at meal times. But he never seems to demand lots of snacks in between. Just lately he is moaning a lot in the highchair so I've been letting him sit on a real seat - and then he's started to eat more. But tonight he kept getting off and on the seat and messing about. Not sure what to do about it. PS. the horse ride sounds great, sounds like she'll follow in your footsteps. By the way, you mentioned that Lily doesn't seem any more tired at bedtime - what is your bed routine for her and how long does she take to fall asleep?

Elizmac - Ross sounds like he is doing well with the clothes. Harry also likes to try and get dressed and undressed but can't quite do it properly. He can get trousers on but gets them the wrong way and same with shoes.

Anna - nice to hear from you. Harry is 19 months now. Hw is getting better with the buggy board but still prefers to walk. Don't think I'll be doing any more IVF - feel quite upset about it really. But DP has a frostie and she is now 40 so really the frstie should be tried before I do any more treatment. And if successful I think it would then be too late for me to have any more IVF - and TBH we really wouldn't want 4 children. Hope all goes well with your FET - seems wird to be staring it again I bet!

Buzzbee - yes I'll be having the 2 of them next year. The way things are at the mo...I'm not looking forward to it as they are such hard work (especially Edie). The meltdown you describe sounds like Nathan didn't want his afternoon nap to me? I think it's probably more of an issue when they are with you at home (rather than nursery) as they want to be with you and would rather play with you than nap. Just a thought. Harry also has meltdowns about nothing eg. if I try to dry in between his toes after a bath, he turns blue screaming and then won't calm down until children's TV goes on. It will be good if you can keep N in nursery a few days a week as it is really tough with a baby and toddler.

AFM...house move has all been held up it has come to light today. The vendor had put on the contract papers that she didn't want to move until end of June (didn't tell us this). So we've spent all day stressing as we could have lost our buyer. Anyway it is sorted we think as our vendor is going to move in with a friend so hopefully it can happen in 6 weeks - still too long really as we were hoping to be moving in the next 2 weeks but nevermind!
Still thinking Harry needs to drop his nap. He is still messing about at bedtime and is taking a good 30mins+ to get him settled. Anyway off to bed now I think. Hope everyone is OK xx

Friday, April 5th 2013, 8:45am

Hi all,

NH - wow I can't believe how much Lily is eating. Is she big for her age? Harry is going through a funny faze with eating again and seems to have lost some of his appetite. He geanerally has 1 weetabix for breakfast and a piece of toast (small nible sized bread though and usually only eats half a slice). He then has a sandwich (with 2 small breads) for lunch (usually eats 3/4 of it) follwed by fruit. Then he has about 100ml milk and 2 organix rice cakes or scone or flapjack (tiny) of similar at 3.30pm. Tea is whatever we have so tonight was a homemade pizza with beana and he ate hardly any, follwed by fruit and yoghurt. And then a banana before bed. But then some days he will eat more at meal times. But he never seems to demand lots of snacks in between. Just lately he is moaning a lot in the highchair so I've been letting him sit on a real seat - and then he's started to eat more. But tonight he kept getting off and on the seat and messing about. Not sure what to do about it. PS. the horse ride sounds great, sounds like she'll follow in your footsteps. By the way, you mentioned that Lily doesn't seem any more tired at bedtime - what is your bed routine for her and how long does she take to fall asleep?

Elizmac - Ross sounds like he is doing well with the clothes. Harry also likes to try and get dressed and undressed but can't quite do it properly. He can get trousers on but gets them the wrong way and same with shoes.

Anna - nice to hear from you. Harry is 19 months now. Hw is getting better with the buggy board but still prefers to walk. Don't think I'll be doing any more IVF - feel quite upset about it really. But DP has a frostie and she is now 40 so really the frstie should be tried before I do any more treatment. And if successful I think it would then be too late for me to have any more IVF - and TBH we really wouldn't want 4 children. Hope all goes well with your FET - seems wird to be staring it again I bet!

Buzzbee - yes I'll be having the 2 of them next year. The way things are at the mo...I'm not looking forward to it as they are such hard work (especially Edie). The meltdown you describe sounds like Nathan didn't want his afternoon nap to me? I think it's probably more of an issue when they are with you at home (rather than nursery) as they want to be with you and would rather play with you than nap. Just a thought. Harry also has meltdowns about nothing eg. if I try to dry in between his toes after a bath, he turns blue screaming and then won't calm down until children's TV goes on. It will be good if you can keep N in nursery a few days a week as it is really tough with a baby and toddler.

AFM...house move has all been held up it has come to light today. The vendor had put on the contract papers that she didn't want to move until end of June (didn't tell us this). So we've spent all day stressing as we could have lost our buyer. Anyway it is sorted we think as our vendor is going to move in with a friend so hopefully it can happen in 6 weeks - still too long really as we were hoping to be moving in the next 2 weeks but nevermind!
Still thinking Harry needs to drop his nap. He is still messing about at bedtime and is taking a good 30mins+ to get him settled. Anyway off to bed now I think. Hope everyone is OK xx

Friday, April 5th 2013, 11:04am

Hi Rocky. What crap news about the house move! Oh well, at least it will give you a little more time to get things organised. At least you have a definite date now.

Things with our house sale/move is progressing slowly. Hopefully by this time next week, things will be well underway with surveys/etc.

Lily wakes up at 7am and then for bed it's 6.30pm bath, 7pm drink of milk, 7.15pm teeth and story. Then we leave her to fall asleep by 7.30pm and we hear no peep from her, so assume she is asleep instantly. Before when she had naps, it might take until 8pm before she would fall asleep, but was content to be left by herself, so it wasn't an issue.

Friday, April 5th 2013, 6:25pm

Buzbee lovely news on fb!! How did your OGTT go by the way or havnt you heard?

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Friday, April 5th 2013, 7:40pm

Thanks Liz. Not heard back from the hospital so I'm assuming no news is good news ;( They did say they would ring me if I had it and not if I didn't and that I should hear from them before weekend. Fingers crossed I don't have it.

So yes ladies the news is we're having a GIRL!! bab10 We had a private scan, which is kind of like an early 20 week scan, and we have been reassured that everything is growing as it should, measurements were spot on, and she was so active, kicking her legs and moving her arms around. I couldn't feel her though. The placenta is anterior so I think it's cushioning any movement, even though it is still quite early to feel a kick. We're so chuft. I'm actually in shock as I really did think we were going to have another boy.

xx

Friday, April 5th 2013, 7:46pm

I'm convinced having another boy too. We havnt booked a private sex scan this time. I'm hoping I can see on my 20 week scan.
My placenta must be posterior again as its kicking like a ninja already. I felt Ross at 15 weeks too. I'd forgot how bizarre it is

Ross has been a hyper maniac today. Life is an assault course apparently!! I'm knackered. Bubble bath and bed I reckon.
I'm starving today. Feel like I've been eating non stop all day! Ill get harpooned soon!

Friday, April 5th 2013, 8:42pm

Awwww, congratulations!!!! little girls are amazing and now you have one of each, best news ever, so glad it is all ok bab10 how many weeks are you now? can't believe you are half way there already! did you decide on a buggy yet?

NH - thanks for all the info on Lily eating, ha ha, it is loads, not surprised your food bill is big - but Molly is just the same and i am sure she will be eating that much when she is Lilys age, at the moment it is:

7am - 3oz milk , 7:30am BREAKFAST- 1 weetabix & bowl of berries, 11am SNACK either fruit or selection of around 6 mini rice cakes/ bread sticks/organix snacks, 12pm LUNCH- either sandwich (2 slices of wholemeal bread) with vegetables or home made chicken or lamb mixed with roasted veg & tom sauce, 1 sliced new potato and some steamed veggies then either fruit or fromage frais . 3pm SNACK - banana 5pm TEA - hot meal eg: 2 fishfingers, 1 new pot & veggies, / risotto with veg / tuna & sweetcorn pasta etc and fruit for pudding. 7pm 4oz MILK

she eats super quickly, polishes all of her meals off and is very impatient when i'm getting her food ready banging plates and acting like a bit of a savage, she seems contantly on the hunt for food & snacks as well, whenever she sees or hears anyone else rustling or eating she tries to steal it, she swiped a random little girl's strawberry when we walked past a girl with a pack of them the other day and i caught her delving through the kitchen bin last day eating my leftovers!! when we take her out for lunch she polishes all her food of at a rate of knots and then tries to steal all of ours reaching over the table and grabbing at everything, it's really stressful taking her out as it's like she is starving. i know we are meant to all enjoy family meals together but it's very hard to eat with her as she just grabs and whinges and wants all of our food, does anyone have any tips / experience of this all?

Rocky - , i'm so sorry you don't think you'll have any more children yourself, if DP's frostie doesn't work could you still have a go? when is she looking at doing that? yes, it feels like my FET has come round so fast which makes me feel sad about how quickly Molly is growing up and also scared in case it doesn't work, we have 8 frosties but not amazing quality so i am not sure how they will defrost. So when Harry walks with you can you trust him to not run off? if i am holding Mollys hand she's ok
Anna

Friday, April 5th 2013, 8:43pm

but if she's not holding me more often than not she will turn around and walk the other way, and i couldn't trust her not to walk into the road, is Harry ok with knowing danger now? hope he sleeps better tonight,

Liz - that's amazing that Ross can undress and dress himself and hop as well, wow! also he barely eats anything compared to Molly, does he have a normal tummy then? Mollys very lean and tall and muscly from the back but has this enormous tummy when she turns round, its huge, she loves patting it proudly lol. How much does he weigh? are you going to find out the sex of the little one btw? hope it's a girl for you! bab10 bab10

Buzzbee - yeah, sounds like N & M are the same at the moment, she had this awful meltdown on Weds just like N, she was literally inconsolable for about 15 mins, on her back, writhing, rolling over and over, then trying to get away from me on her tummy and wriggling under furniture screaming her head off, i also was really worried something was up as she didn't want her dummy or food or calpol anything i tried to offer and i had never heard her scream for that long in that way, every time she looked at me she screamed harder and kept thrashing around it was awful, in the end she found some calpol sachets i had tried to give her and she had refused and chucked everywhere and she was trying to rip the tops off and press them into my hand so i managed to get them in to her once she calmed down, i think on this occasion it must have been an "in pain" meltdown down to her teeth, She has been a little angel today and a delight to be with which was a relief

hi to everyone else, had a lovely day with Molly today which was such a relief as Weds was awful, having a nice evening chilling at home eating the remainder of my easter eggs! we are going to see my Parents this weekend and M is staying over while we have a friends' birthday party which means we get to have a nice sleep in together past 9am - bliss, i am seeing my best friend who is 28 pregnant with IVF twins (donor eggs) she sent me a pic the other day and her bump is absolutely enormous, bigger than any 40 week bump i've ever seen, i don't know how she's managing, hoping the weather finally turns, am soooo fed up of the cold and cycling to work dressed for the arctic

oh - quick question, we are thinking of getting a mini kitchen for Molly's playroom when it's finished and there are so many about, does anyone have one or could reccomend one? don't want to spend too much but want a quite sturdy one

hope you all have lovely weekend

xx
Anna

Friday, April 5th 2013, 9:11pm

Anna I wondered what you meant when you asked if Ross had a normal tummy lol. He does have a teeny tiny pot belly if he has actually eaten a reasonable amount but its gone in the morning. He too pats it if I say tummy. Cute huh.
Oh and Ross steals food all the time. He's constantly foraging for stuff in the kitchen but just has a teeny bite and then throws it on the floor!

Do any of you know anyone who's converted an icandy peach to a double? I'm way confused about what random bits to get!

Friday, April 5th 2013, 10:24pm

Hi all,

Buzzbee - Aw congratulations honey! You must be thrilled to be having a girl. So you'll have 1 of each now. Girls are quite different you will find. Hope your test result comes back neg.

Elizmac - Harry also has a pot belly when he's eaten a good meal but like Ross, it's gone by morning. He's very slim. He also wants food if I have it or bites of things but he doesn't always eat so much at meal times. I think it's often to do with teething or if he's been ill though. whenever he has a cold his appetite seems to disappear for weeks - wish mine was the same. Don't know about the icandy.

Anna - sounds stressful going out to eat. Also for us as well - but because Harry can be hit and miss with food and just recently doesn't want to be in a highchair for long so starts moaning. In fact all meals times are moaning at the moment. If DP's frostie didn't work then I could try again. I think she will try towards the end of this year. We have talked about me using the frostie but it's a no go because if it didn't work we'd always wonder if it would have worked in her body - you never know do you as my body mightjust reject it. We don't know the quality of it except for that it must be good because it's a blasto and our clinic say they will only freeze good quality ones. So I guess there's a good chance with it. But then no one knows why they don't work do they? IKWYM about time flying by - it's a bit sad isn't it?! Harry does not recognise danger yet and has to hold my hand which he does mostly. But he does try to keep letting go and walk in the wrong direction like Molly so it's not easy. Sometimes it's easier just to put him in the pushchair but not as nice for him. In fact, is anyone having problems with the harness in the pushchair getting too small?

NH - thanks for the bedtime info. Hope things speed up with your house move.

Well today....I took Harry to a soft play centre (waste of money actually as he spent the whole time just walking up and down with a ball - he could do that at home for free!). Anyway, he fell asleep on way home for max 8 mins. Then woke when I got him out of the car and wouldn't go back to sleep. So he then fell asleep at 2.30pm in the pushchair and I woke him at 3 as I din't want him to sleep too late for bed. Cue MASSIVE screaming fit that went on for 45 mins and I could not calm him down. He kept wretching and pushing me. I have never seen him like this for so long. Obviously he was still tired. But I have still struggled to get him to bed. So it must be because his sleep was too late. Seriously wondering if I should cut his nap out. But then I feel mean because he will get tired. I was hoping the bedtime thing was a phase but it's going the same way everynight. I just imaged that he would nap for ages yet. Anyway off to bed as Harry was restless last night and kept waking me up xx

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Saturday, April 6th 2013, 9:32am

Wow sounds like we have a few toddlers going through the same this week. In a way I feel better knowing you are going through it too.

Anna - N's meltdown sounds exactly like Molly's was. It's horrible isn't it to see? I was like why can't I comfort you and what has made you so upset? :headache The thing I don't get is he is clearly tired and wants to sleep but when it comes to putting him in his cot for the nap that's when he is starting to cry and get mad. What is he trying to tell me? That he doesn't want to sleep?! But I can tell he definitely is tired because he becomes grouchy when he is tired and not pleasant to be around. He doesn't want to play nicely, throws his toys in temper, isn't interested in cuddling. I have tried other ways of distracting him wondering if he is bored but he is just a grumpy sod when he is tired. You'd think he'd be glad to go bed wouldn't you LOL?!

Saying that last night he slept through in his own bed - yay! I bought the Calpol plug in vapouriser, which also has a night light. I wonder if that helped clear his chest and the light was reassuring? Oh and he threw up after his bedtime bottle all over his bedroom carpet so maybe that cleared his chest too?! His room stinks now of off milk as we cleaned up as much as we could last night and this morning I went up with a bowl of soapy water and carpet cleaner and cleaned it some more. We desperately need to get the carpets properly cleaned and definitely before the baby arrives. It's damp though isn't it for about 24 hours so just need to sort me and N going away for a day or so while it's done. Maybe we could stay at my parents over a weekend :mmmmmm

LOL at Molly and her pot belly. N has a belly too and likes to poke his belly button as well as mine. If I ask where his willy is he points to that too :snigger: I have learnt when going out for a meal as a family to take toys or crayons to occupy N until the food arrives. We always order his first and decide that quickly so he isn't waiting long and then we can watch him while he eats his while we're waiting for ours. More often than not ours will come shortly after and when N has finished his he likes to tuck into ours, which we don't mind. Tomato ketchup keeps him occupied - he loves poking his fingers in it and although I don't like him to have too much of it it does help keep him occupied while we eat. Also, usually before the meal DH will let him have a run around so he isn't strapped in his chair for ages. Don't get me wrong sometimes he can ruin a nice family meal out by being stroppy but hopefully he will get better as he gets older.

That's fab that you have 8 frosties left. I'm sure at least 1 will thaw fine as that is a good number to start with xfingers So when will you officially start then? May, June?

Rocky - LOL at Harry just wanting to play with a ball. N would too. He is obsessed with them. We must try out Slide and Seek again one weekend and see how much they enjoy the toddler section now? Saying that knowing N he will want to venture in the older section where all the balls are as the toddler section looked a bit boring didn't it? Re highchairs, why don't you get a booster seat that attaches to your chair? N has been in one for a few months now and is fine with it. He rarey tries to get down unless he has had his fill of his food and is ready to go and play again.

Oh Anna sorry I can't think of any play kitchens. We have hardly any room in our house as it is so unlikely we will buy something like that anytime soon. We need to have a clear out really as he has so many toys that he doesn't play with. I wish we had a spare room to make a play room as it would be perfect for them to all be in one place and to shut a door on them. Our 3rd bedroom will now become our daughters room :biggrin: Can't believe I'm saying that!

Liz - sorry I don't have the Icandy or know of anyone who has it and converted to a double. I think I am going to get the Baby Weavers Bay 2 Twin pushchair. It's relatively cheap but also looks nice. I was also thinking of your cheaper strollers but I don't think it'd be comfortable enough for a newborn. It's hard cos N won't be in it for long, probably a year max so almost seems like a waste of money but I definitely need one for nursery trips and shopping trips etc as I can't expect N to want to walk or stand on a buggy board all the time. I'd like to give him the option plus he may want to nap sometimes.

Awww I really hope you're having a girl too. I was just convincing myself I was having another boy, even though I secretly hoped for a girl, as we all like to have one of each don't we? Well I did. I would've been happy if it was another boy too but am really happy to be having a girl. If all goes well that will definitely be it and I will go on the pill as I don't want to chance getting pregnant naturally again. When is your 20 week scan?

Anna - forgot to say I am 18 weeks. I have been given 2 due dates (6 Sept and 8 Sept) so just assuming it will be around then. My ticker is set for 6 September as that is what we were told at the 8 week scan. At the scan yesterday, which was a private one, she said all measurements were perfect for 18 weeks. She was so good the lady who scanned me. She checked everything and was so thorough. It took 40 minutes in total. She also checked for spina bifida (sp?) and said from what she could see it looked fine and normal so that was a relief. She talked indepth about how she checked for it, which was so reassuring. I definitely think private scans are better than NHS ones, obviously because you're paying for it.

So re these meltdowns how are people dealing with them? Do you just leave them be, but remain closeby so they don't hurt themselves and wait until they calm down? I found with N, like Anna, if I tried to offer him something to take his mind off it it made him worse. I have no doubt this is the first of many so any advice on what others do would be welcome.

I'm pleased to say last night he slept through in his own cot! Well, until 4:30am but he stayed in his cot until 5am mumbling. DH got up with him as it was my turn for a lie in but I don't know why I think my body clock is set to the same time as N's. I just can't get back to sleep so I got up an hour or so later. No doubt I will be tired later so may nap when N does.

DH is out tonight with friends. I was suppose to go but as N has been like he is I didn't think it fair on my parents or N to risk him waking screaming in the night as he may react worse for them wondering where mummy and daddy are. Of course he may be as good as gold but decided not to take the chance and wait until he is much better before being looked after again. Can't remember if I said or not but the doc said his ears were very red inside so had a virul infection but to just give him Calpol for the pain. Maybe that plus his cold has contributed to his moods this week. He seemed better this morning, playing happily with DH. He really does like rough and tumble and they wrestle each other. I always worry DH is too rough but N goes back for more and dives on DH instigating more rolling about on the floor LOL!

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend. It's like a lovely sunny day out of my window but is freezing as soon as you step outside!

xx

Reg: Oct 21st 2008

Saturday, April 6th 2013, 11:16am

Hi Everyone,

Just seen the post about the play kitchen. We got our little girl the ikea kitchen for Christmas and it is fabulous. Wooden so sturdier that a plastic one and everyone I know who has had a plastic one have said its been wrecked and this one seems to be hard wearing. £60 for base kitchen and you can get a microwave bit for the top which is £30 but well worth it! Hope this helps xxx
1st ICSI -May 2009 BFN
2nd ICSI -Oct 2009 BFN
Took a break
3rd ICSI - Dec 2010 - BFP - Ruby born 13th September 2011

Saturday, April 6th 2013, 12:47pm

Buzbee speedy reply as off out. Buy a vax carpet cleaner. They are ace. Not that expensive and you can use it whenever you like. Works out cheaper than hiring them. It was a godsend with our old house and cream carpets. If you don't soak it you can walk on it in a few hours although easier to leave overnight. We never moved out after doing it!!

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Saturday, April 6th 2013, 4:47pm

Oooh thanks for that tip Liz. Will have a look at them. Are they easy to use? I am a clean freak so will probably be constantly cleaning my carpets LOL! The problem with getting someone in to do them is you have to move all the furniture and we have huge solid wood wardrobes in the bedrooms which we would have to dismantle to move. Really can't be doing with that LOL! Which cleaner do you have?

x

Sunday, April 7th 2013, 10:02am

Buzzbee - what kind of booster have you got? I tried a plastic on beofre but it didn't attach to the chair well so I took it back. Have also looked at the fabric ones. Wondering whether to just get a strap and fix it into the chair! x

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Sunday, April 7th 2013, 1:11pm

This is the one I have. Simple and good. It has a strap that fastens underneath the seat that is extendable. It feels secure enough to me. Buy Safety 1st Basic Feeding Booster Seat - Blue at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Booster seats. We got rid of our high chair as it had a rip in it so I said I'd rather just buy a new one if we had another. Not sure which high chair I will get next - a nice pink one though :)

Just took N swimming again - he was so excited about going in the pool, no tears! Until we had to take him out!! The only thing is when he is in the water he wants to hold a ball and cries if it comes out of his hands. I think he sees it as a security thing, even though DH or I are holding him. We have tried now a swim vest that just floats up to his nose and looks uncomfortable, blow up arm bands that he screams when you try and put his arms through and we tried a rubber ring today but he cries with that! It's a bit of a pain as we can't let go of him and it doesn't help that he wants to keep hold of a ball. They have balls in the pool so it's not like we can avoid them. I said to DH next time he is just going to have to cry when we put his arm bands on or vest and he should soon get use to it, he has to. I think I will buy a swim vest that attaches to a trunk though so it doesn't ride up. Can anyone recommend one?

The main thing is he is over his fear of the pool, we just need to get him confident enough to wear a swim aid and not feel like he needs to hold a ball!

Sunday, April 7th 2013, 6:50pm

Thanks for the link Buzzbee - I will have a look at it.
For all of you that have been swimming recently....how does that work now they are walking? Do they want to be held in the pool or do they want to move off by themselves? Not been for about a year you see so wondering how it will go down. I have some arm bands but I don't know whether he will just want me to hold him. Hope you're all OK xx

Sunday, April 7th 2013, 8:05pm

You will just have to see how Harry goes. Ross hasn't been for ages and just literally ran off the side into the pool and splashed about. We wrestled arm bands onto him and he liked to let go of us for a bit for he didn't stray too far. We took him in the baby baby pool first and could actually stand up so he just sort of ran about. I tell u though its a lot easier getting them dressed afterwards than it used to be!

Sunday, April 7th 2013, 8:06pm

Oh and rocky. We can't get booster seats either as our chairs are curved you know for your bum so they don't fit!

Reg: Aug 12th 2010

What's Up?
(",)

Monday, April 8th 2013, 2:49pm

Rocky - R jumped out of my arms trying to get to a floating toy, so armbands or float vest is a must if you think that H might be off somewhere. And H might like floating in deeper water too. R loves it, and kicks her legs. She can spin herself round in circles. She didn't seem to kick her legs to order at the swimming lessons I used to take her to, but did it naturally when she needed to and was floating there. If H gets a mouthful of water, or a quick dunking, then he might have a splutter and carry on playing, if it doesn't bother him.
Aug/Sept 2010 ICSI :BFP: :girl:

Monday, April 8th 2013, 7:27pm

hey ladies,

hope you all had lovely weekends enjoying this lovely non-arctic weather , Jools - thanks for the kitchen info, i googled it and it's actually the one at the One O'clock club and she loves that so could be a winner

Buzzbee - glad to hear that all was perfect in your LO's scan, does that mean the 20 week NHS one will be a bit redundant or will you find out more there? how did Nathan's sleep go over the weekend, hope he is more settled, i think Molly's tantrums definitely happen more often when she is in pain with her teeth, makes sense really if you are in real pain you generally get frustrated and angry a lot more easily don't you? glad swimming was a lot better the 3rd time, if he doesn't like armbands, a noodle is really good, those long cylindrical foam things, you loop it round them and they float with their arms over it and kick their legs. re the booster seat, how much height does it give them? we have a new table and Mollys high chair doesn't fit under it so need some new options , the seats we have are bum moulded ones too so maybe it wouldnt work? Thanks for the tips with the eating out, might try some of those next time we brave it

Rocky - re the swimming, we always take Molly in the kiddie pool but it is too deep for her to stand so we crouch and guide her along with armbands / floats and stuff, when she has been in a shallow one she has just run off and fallen over in it face first!

Liz - that vax carpet cleaner sounds ace, we have cream carpets upstairs and in the lounge, it's a shoes off on them but Molly just runs loads of crap in before i can wrestle her shoes off so it's got really marked - how much is it and what model? do you have to put special carpet cleaner in it?

hey to everyone else, hope all is well

We had a good weekend, nice to catch up with friends and see my parents, both DH and I have come down with laryngitis though so back on the antibiotics, hope we don't give it to Molly :thumbdown: Buzzbee, we are going to start the FET in August, we have a holiday in July and a big housewarming party so i want to be able to have a few drinks and enjoy myself, then get back on the rollercoaster after that :2ww

not much else to report - at least this isn't another hour reading, making notes and writing an essay post!

xxx
Anna

Monday, April 8th 2013, 7:44pm

Hi, super quick one as I am feeling rubbish and is heading back to bed.

Rocky, first time lily had arm bands on, I really struggled to get them on and to get her to keep them on. But she had a great time that she loves wearing them now. We aren't allowed to hold her in the pool, she floats by herself and can turn 360° and get from one side to the other.

Buzz bee - congratulations on the scan. So happily for you and love that you will be having a girl.

Re carpet cleaners. We have tried a lot of brands - including Vax. We have a biselle. They clean the carpet fantastically and even help to dry it after so you can walk on it straight away. We have a toddler, a dog with a dodgy stomach and cream carpets which are at least 15 years old. The cleaner makes the carpet look new. They can be expensive but last years, and are easy to use. We bought a reconditioned one for half price, if you're interested I'll send you the link.

Monday, April 8th 2013, 8:38pm

Erm I'm not sure off the top of my head what vax model it was we have. It wasn't the new one. I actually got it from qvc so I could test it for a few weeks in case It didn't work so I could send it back. But I love it. U do need carpet cleaner but any old kind fine!

I love swimming noodles too!! Ross just hits me with them but huh.

Anna good luck with the fet. You never know what may happen before then. Erm! Well it happened to me. But it is a thought isn't it.

Must run as going out though.

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Tuesday, April 9th 2013, 9:31am

Anna - I have ordered this one from Argos, on offer and gets good reviews. I will let you know what it's like :)

Buy Vax W90-RU-B Rapide Ultra Upright Carpet Washer at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Carpet cleaners.

xx

Tuesday, April 9th 2013, 7:52pm

He he aren't we domesticated!

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Tuesday, April 9th 2013, 8:04pm

LOL! Liz I so need to clean our carpet as since N was born we have had a few accidents - food, poo, wee, sick! I use a carpet cleaner but it needs a proper clean where it sucks it out so well excited about getting a Vax! Plus means we can do it a few times before the new one arrives as we know what we're like when we're nesting - everything has to be super clean LOL!

So tired today. N is still waking up and coming in my bed. The last two nights though whereas he would wake screaming and not want us to touch him he has been stood up with his arms out wanting me to pick him up. He then won't let me put him back in his cot so for the sake of sleep I just relent and take him to my bed where he falls asleep almost instantly! Last night it was 2am when he came in and I was then lay awake for 2 hours and when I did fall back to sleep N stirred again so woke me although he didn't wake up fully but it disturbs my sleep. I fear he is becoming use to coming in my bed (DH goes in the spare room as there is no way we would all be comfortable in the one bed) but I am just so tired I don't have the energy to try to settle him on and off for an hour, plus it does upset me hearing him cry as he does get himself into a state - well this past week or so that he has been doing it the crying is worse. In the past I have done CC and it hasn't bothered me but this time is different. He is definitely going through a phase of some sort. Well at least I hope it's a phase!

Booboo - does L still get in your bed every night? What would happen if you left her in a cot, would she scream? How do you fit all 3 of you in the bed? This morning when I woke N was lying sideways with his feet resting on my back again. He moves about so much and at one point had his feet on his pillow. It doesn't bother me too much that he sleeps with me as I actually love that closeness and it's cute when he taps me on my shoulder when he has woke up. I keep wondering whether to get him a toddler bed sooner, even though he isn't climbing out of his cot yet, just to see if he finds it more fun and wants to stay in his own bed.

Anyway, off to bed as shattered,

Night all xxx

Tuesday, April 9th 2013, 10:34pm

Oh the joy of sleep - or sleeplessness I should say. I'm heading to bed right now but just had to post!!
Buzzbee - Harry also moves around loads and stands up and sits etc. He is such a fidgit. It's so much easier just sleeping with them isn't it. Harry would scream the house down if I put him in a cot. When we move I am hoping to get him either into a cot bed (with no sides so a bed really) or buy a new big boy bed. Not sure yet. I love the closeness too but it can be frustrating when they have a moaning night when they are not awake but moaning on and off - cos you hear it all and don't sleep!
Naps are the issue for me still. Yesterday I ended up not letting him nap. He was very hyper and loud by the time bedtime came but he slept straight away. today he has napped and not gone to sleep at bedtime for 30mins! So not sure what to do. I could cut his naps out but he was seriously hyper - like he needed to calm down.
Is anyone having trouble changing nappies? harry is being a pain.
Oh and cleaning....I wish. I simply do not have time to clean as I would like. I would love to get the floors mopped etc but there is just never a minute to do it. In fact I feel quite bad about the state of the house at the moment. Anyway need to go and sllep now xx

Wednesday, April 10th 2013, 12:30pm

Hope you have a nice snooze rocky x. I don't know how you do it. I can't imagine anything worse that sleeping with Ross. I even hated him sleeping in our room when he was tiny and couldn't wait to move him out lol. I was totally paranoid about it so he's never ever slept in our bed or with me ever. Not sure he ever would though thankfully. Ross is going into a bed in the next couple of months so he's settled pre baby eek.

I hate cleaning and our poor house is always a disaster. I wish we were more tidy. We maybe need a cleaner. Or a wife!

It's flipping snowing again here brrr. I really want summer now. I know it's supposed to warm up at the weekend but only to 12 here boo.

Think I need hot choc while the boy sleeps. Or I could have a nap, hmm

Wednesday, April 10th 2013, 6:18pm

Goodness I'm such a bad shoe buying mother. Bought a shoe measurer thingy and realised Ross's shoes were a size too small already and took him to the shop and he's got ones 2 sizes bigger!! They seem enormous to me!! Taking room to grow to a huge new level! Oh well will wait til he trips up in them ! Bless his little feet.

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Wednesday, April 10th 2013, 7:20pm

What size is he Liz? We need to take N to be measured again. He is currently wearing 5.5 and 6 size shoes, both of which feel OK but want to double check.they are fine.

Rocky - I wonder if Harry is ready to drop his naps then. I know what you mean though, if N doesn't nap he becomes very grumpy and it's hard work trying to keep him entertained all day as he just gets annoyed by most things, whereas if he has at least 1 nap he is in a better mood. He came in my bed again last night, woke up at 11pm crying, I brought him straight into my bed as I just don't have the energy to try and settle him and even if DH tried I would hear him crying and it would just stress me out so I wouldn't get any sleep anyway so it is easier to just bring him in with me. I know I am creating a rod for my own back but while I am pregnant and feeling more tired than usual it's just easier to do this. I actually don't mind sharing a bed with him, yes he moves around a lot but I have always been a light sleeper anyway and he doesn't snore as loud as DH so that's a bonus LOL! I'm up for the loo every 2 hours anyway. We plan to get him a new bed in June so if he isn't to sleeping all night in his own room by then hopefully he will be excited by his new football bed and want to stay in it! xfingers

Just been looking at more photos of the villa we're staying in. It is gorgeous but OMG there are just steps everywhere and there are lots of steps down to the pool and sun deck and I just hope N doesn't take a tumble down them! We really are going to have to ensure we keep doors shut if we're inside as I don't want him running outside behind one of our backs. Granted there is 8 other adults there so plenty of eyes but DH and I will definitely not be letting him out of our sight.

I need to get some new reigns. Can any of you recommend some? We have some black ones from Boots, which are OK, with a harness but fancy trying some others with a slightly longer reign.

x

4 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

4 guests