Unread posts

Net

• "Net" started this thread

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Thursday, March 21st 2013, 3:22pm

silent reflux

Hi

Has anyone else's LO had silent reflux? Lia was diagnosed today and put on infant gaviscon to start and if that doesn't work my GP said he'd try ranitidine and if that fails refer us to a consultant paediatrician. Be great to hear others experience of it. Lia is generally grizzly/unhappy, writhes around when feeding, bobbing on and off the breast, swallows loads, hi cups and sneezes all the time. Is this familiar to anyone else?

Thanks!
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Lmann

Reg: Mar 8th 2013

Children: Taylor,my beautiful miracle is now 18 months old and my world

Thursday, March 21st 2013, 5:39pm

Hi, my little boy was diagnosed with silent reflux at 6 weeks old after basically screaming since birth and being dismissed by the health visitors as being a miserable baby! We were given baby gaviscon at first and found no difference, plus it was a pain to mix up and get him to take as I was only breast feeding so couldn't just add it in the bottle. We were then given a prescription staydown formula milk and despite my reservations of moving on to formula it worked wonders. In 48 hours it was like having a different baby, I combination fed my little one until he was 4 months which seemed to work really well for him and I felt I was still doing my bit by partially breast feeding too which I enjoyed. The only thing with the formula it did turn the reflux into a vomiting reflux (despite being called staydown formula it did not staydown but I guess the acid did which is the main thing. My little one threw up constantly probably til about 8 months, our lounge carpet is ruined and I always had to make sure I had a few changes of clothes on me if we were out but you get used to it and its not forever.
I hope you get a good solution for your little one, its heartbreaking hearing them cry in pain just from feeding. Thinking of you and hopefully it will get better soon. Take care xx
Oh I should probably add that my boy had no weight loss so we were lucky there xx

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Net (22.03.2013)

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Thursday, March 21st 2013, 9:39pm

hi net

my ds always used to sneeze and hiccup even now he hiccups at least once a day, my ds has reflux and has been on gaviscon since about 6 weeks, i combined it with sma reflux milk which really helped, aptimil and cow and gate do similar milk, although i see your bf so that doesn't really help you sorry.
hope the gaviscon works

x
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Net (22.03.2013)

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Friday, March 22nd 2013, 9:34am

I really feel for you Net, it's awful. DD1 was diagnosed, finally with silent reflux at about 9 weeks, having slept on my chest until that time. We were prescribed Gaviscon which did nothing then saw a Paediatrician who prescribed Ranitidine which didn't work for us, then Omeprazole which did :) it took a while but we got there in the end. Was so pleased i didnt have to stop bf too, but its such hard work isnt it, and horrible to see them in such pain, i used to join in the crying quite often. The thing that was our saviour as well was the Amby Natures Nest (*not FZ endorsed*), the shape of it really helped her and she slept much better in it. Dd2 is still in it as it also helped with her colic.

Really hope the meds help hon xxxxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN :-(
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN :bawl:
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Net (22.03.2013)

Net

Friday, March 22nd 2013, 11:26am

Thanks everyone. Started infant gaviscon
N yesterday, too early to tell if it's working yet but it is such a faff to use when bf! And getting 15ml of liquid down a tiny baby seems like so much, she is unimpressed! She had a grizzly night again, slept on me from 9pm til midnight as she loves to be upright but did settle in heart Moses basket eventually. OK really don't want to give up bf so hoping I can find a solution which means I don't have to. Did anyone's LO have mucous nappies with the reflux?
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Reg: Aug 18th 2012

Children: 1 son who has just turned 3

Friday, March 22nd 2013, 1:22pm

Ds had reflux and did really well on gaviscon.
I also made sure he was never flat. He had a wedge cushion in his pram, Moses basket and on the changing table and also had a Clevamama Clevasleep Positioner for the cot.

When it came to giving him the gaviscon I brought a small syringe and gave him some at the start and then gradually dripped it in whilst he was on the breast, through the corner of his mouth. Looked a bit strange to start but seemed to work well.

All this seemed to help. Hope things get better soon.

Redwillows second climb of the horse My Diary

iui :BFN: X2

Ivf October 2008 :BFP: 1 beautiful baby1 10th July 2009

September start for number 2 :BFP: [zx076] seen 7+3 , 12+3 ,16+5,21+4 and 28 bab21

Net (22.03.2013)

Reg: Oct 31st 2011

Sunday, April 7th 2013, 9:51am

Hi
My Ds has silent reflux to. Do you know if you can split up the doses. He has 2 sachets in 3 feeds and the other 3 he doesn't. Can I put one in each feed or not ?

Thanks

Tube Ectopic Right tube removed :bawl: Miscarriage :bawl:
April 2012 1st IVF attempt :BFN: July FET 2012 :BFP: Heart beat seen 6 +
Henri Owen William born 6/3/13 baby7

Net

Sunday, April 7th 2013, 12:14pm

Lucy I think if Henri is over a certain weight he has two sachets per one dose and a maximum of a certain number of doses per day so I guess if he has more feeds than he's allowed doses some feeds won't have gaviscon. One sachet only does babies under a certain weight, think it says what that is on the gaviscon packet. I have to say we haven't got on well with gaviscon at all and it's especially hard as I am exclusively breast feeding so we are asking the doctor on Tuesday about ranitidine instead.

Hope the gaviscon works. Lia's problems are getting better ad she gets older I think, definitely less issues now with pain after feeding but she's still pretty uncomfortable a lot of the time.

X
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Wednesday, April 10th 2013, 8:49pm

Hi there,

Both my little ones had reflux from when they were in hospital and have only just come off their mix of Gaviscon, ranitidine and Domperidone which seemed to work for them. I should ease as your little one starts solids, but if not, speak to your GP again. Try a wedge Nader their mattress to raise their head.
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

Friday, April 19th 2013, 12:40pm

Hi,

Just wanted to ask have any of you used gaviscon with hungry baby formula. Henri seems to be having more feeds now we have got his reflux and colic under control. The only thing is he is feeding every 3 hours 6 oz and he wakes hungry all the time.

sasha146

What's Up?

Friday, April 19th 2013, 7:23pm

hi lucyloo

could you up how many oz he takes?

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Saturday, April 20th 2013, 5:15am

Hi I already have some feeds he takes 6oz and others he only takes 4oz. I don't' know whether he us hungry or just being greedy :rollseyes: .

sasha146

What's Up?

Saturday, April 20th 2013, 6:09am

Lucyloo my ds was the same he was on 4oz at every feed at 10 days old, did your HV tell u to go onto hungry baby milk? I used sma reflux milk for my ds, all makes do it some call it stay down milk

X
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE