You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Dec 6th 2010

Wednesday, April 10th 2013, 8:08pm

He measures 22.5 do I've just him done 23's. all the shops here other than clarks have European sizes. I think 23 is a 6. If I put them against his feet they are over an inch longer!! Surely that can't be right??

I've stopped drinking after 7 as I was sick of peeing all blooming night.
You know I think I'm so precious about my sleep after doing years of on call. I used to sleep really badly dreaming about the damn bleep going off so I'm quite protective over it. I'm sure that's the only reason I let Ross scream his head when he kicks up a fuss. I'm rubbish if I'm tired.

I'm currently craving fizzy wine lol. Off to get fizzy water and apple juice !

Reg: Oct 19th 2009

Wednesday, April 10th 2013, 9:41pm

Evening all

it's so miserable out there, torrential rain down here, still it's meant to be nice for the weekend, can't wait, we are taking Molly to a city farm just up the road.

Thanks for all the carpet cleaner info Buzzbee, let me know how you get on with the one you buy, i will check out the biselle one as well.

Liz - i think Molly has really big feet, I currently have size 5 for her but she was measured a few months ago and was 4.5. did you say you had bought your own foot measurer? where was that from? i am with you though, they look enormous, even some of the size 5's we have. some styles look a lot bigger than others as well. i would say if there is an inch of room they are way too big. what do you think?

Rocky - hope you have a good night's sleep tonight you poor thing - wWhat are you deciding to do about the naps? i hope it settles down soon - a hyper manic toddler at the end of the day sounds hard work especially if you have no time off in the day, i am not looking forward to Molly dropping naps. We also have a hard time changing M's nappy, she just runs off with poo on her bum, thrashes about and everything, it's not easy!

Buzzbee - wow, your villa soudns amazing, when are you going? is it 4 couples and kids? i would also worry, but just be extra vigilante, at least it's just the one you have to keep your eyes on at the moment!

we've had a few weird meltdowns the past 2 evenings at bathtime, when we have taken her upstairs for bath and tried to take off her clothes, she's had a massive meltdown, writhing, arching back, trying to put clothes back on, throwing herself all over the floor, then she ran into our bedroom and crawled under the bed screaming and wailing, I wasn't around and DH can't fit under it so she was under there for 20 mins before she came out, when he went down to get her milk he said she poked her head out and as soon as he came back in she hid from him , crawled back under it and started crying again, he felt awful, eventually she calmed down and got in the bath, but it was 2 nights in a row - although on a smaller scale yesterday. It's just weird as she normally LOVES her bath,

hope she is a bit better tomorrow as in nursery again, i feel sorry for them there if they have to deal with her meltdowns there......

xx
Anna
2nd ICIS Jan 2011 :BFP:

Reg: Aug 12th 2010

What's Up?
(",)

Wednesday, April 10th 2013, 10:01pm

I've just bobbed on to say that we're still having sleep problems here. Sounds quite similar to everyone else's really! R wakes after about 4 - 6 hours. One of us goes in an either puts her down or camps on the spare bed in her room, and she sleeps fine if we're there. We alternate nights as we're both working full time and need to be able to think at work.

Has the clock change made any difference to anyone? R has been a bit difficult to get to sleep at night recently. I've had to go in and lie her back down about 3 or 4 times. I've let her whinge for a bit but she gets herself worked up (I shouldn't laugh but she wails "I'm crying!") so I changed my tactic tonight. I watched Bedtime Live last night and they suggested responding rapidly, so that's what I did. I still had to go in about 3 or 4 times but it only took 15 minutes and not 40.

I too am wondering about getting her a single bed. She's either going to love it and stay in, or it'll be a great big game getting out of it and coming to find us. My money is on the latter, as she doesn't sit still.

Anna - R has had a couple of out of the blue bathtime tantrums. She got in there but refused to sit down and cried until I got her out. All I could do was give her a stand up was. Very odd.

Reading all the posts is getting me in the mood for a sunny holiday and I'm planning to borrow a Vax for my carpets. I'll be back with personals soon.
Aug/Sept 2010 ICSI :BFP: :girl:

Reg: May 28th 2009

Wednesday, April 10th 2013, 10:18pm

Hi all, just a quickie as the laptop is running out of power!!!

Rocky - Lily (who doesn't nap anymore) gets hyper at the end of the day too. Sleeps like a log at night though. Maybe he is ready to drop the naps then? He has never really been much of a sleeper has he?

Re: sleep. Well I have been struggling with a nasty cold since the weekend and I have given it to Lily. Last night at 11am she was wide awake and I did (out of desperation) bring her into our bed. Like Liz, I am totally protective of my sleep and my space, but she was running a high temperature yet was running around her room hyper singing "Call Me Maybe" (one of her favourite songs, along with Taylor Swift's "I Knew You Were Trouble - the little teenager!). So thought to bring her in to our bed to settle her down. After 15 minutes of stroking mine and DH's hair, and saying "I love you" (AAAHHHH), she finally started to try to go to settle down to sleep. Then DH started snoring, at which she sat up and said very loudly "No daddy, stop it!" and then "Mummy, Lily's bed.". So I took her to her bed and she went straight to sleep. Maybe she learnt a lesson that her bedroom is a much nicer place for her to be. LOL

Anyway she went to bed again with a temperature, so am expecting a repeat performance tonight, so I had best get to bed.

Night all and I promise to do personals another time.

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Wednesday, April 10th 2013, 10:32pm

Hi all,

Buzzbee - I'm sure the villa will be fine - esecially with so many other adults around. Gosh, wish we could have a holiday! We're desperately trying to sort everything out for moving but it's so hard as only 1 of us can do stuff while the other minds the kids and then the person that is sorting stuff is usually needed eg Edie needing a feed etc. So it's being done in very small bursts which means not a lot is getting done. Slow progress! Yes I do think Harry is ready to drop his nap. It's such a shame (for me!). As for reigns - I've been looking at wrist straps just lately as he will no longer always go in double pushchair and woun't always stay on buggy board. So yesterday I ended up pushing Edie in pushchair and holding Harry's hand. Not good pushing a pram with 1 hand as it's really make my wrists ache. Anyway can't recommend any reins.

Elizmac - gosh, aren't Ross' feet big? Harry is only wearing a 4.5. I really wish he would grow a bit and catch up to others the same age. He can still get in some 9-12 clothes as well (although they are tight now).

Anna - yes that's how Harry is with the nappies - he just won't stay still and I can't clean him up properly. Molly's meltdown about the bath sounds really strange. Probably just a phase. Harry had a funny phase of not wanting to sit down in the bath but he's OK again now.

Chilli - does R still sleep in a cot - with the sides on? Harry's sleep is so much better and OK most night apart from when teething (like now). But he does always wake early morning at about 5-6 and if I wasn't there he would just scream and then we'd probably have to get up for the day. I find it easier just to sleep with him as I can settle him back to sleep in 2 mins. Plus Edie is in with DP and - selfishly - I do not want to be woken up by Edie since being back at work and after the rough time I had with Harry for the first year. So it's suits us all for now. But when we move I think Harry will be going in a real bed and Edie in her own room and we'll have to try and get them used to it. Although it won't be easy. What is bedtime live BTW? So funny with her saying 'I'm crying' - sounds like a proper little girl!

NH - sorry to hear Lily is ill. Sooo cute though with the 'Daddy no' etc. She sounds gorgeous. Harry has been very loving today with lots of hugs and kisses. Yes Harry just got more and more hyper without a nap, like he was getting out of control as the day went on.

Hope everyone is OK. harry and Edie are both teething and both have bright red cheeks. I let Harry nap for 30 mins today and then he wouldn't go to sleep until 8.30pm. He used to go at 8pm. So tomorrow I will try without a nap again. xx

Wednesday, April 10th 2013, 10:38pm

Rocky - Lily gets more and more hyper too. It can be hard to deal with but easier than if she was grumpy!

Buzzbee - Goldbug Toddler Walking Reins Giraffe: Amazon.co.uk: Baby Lily doesn't need reins as she is good at staying by my side but a friend highly recomends these. The reins are longer than average and it comes with a variety of characters.

Anna - we have world war 3 when it comes to nappies. It just gets harder and harder. Can't wait until we can ditch the nappies to be honest!

Thursday, April 11th 2013, 8:34am

Hope you All get some snooze tonight. Yawn.
I've just got a little life bag reins. I stuff his things in and he loves it. Reasonable length rein. Maybe a dog lead lol!!

Rocky. His feet are tiny and thin so hardly and shoes for him. He's just had a massive growth spurt gone from size 4 to 6 and grown about 3 cm in height. Was nuts. He's now too tall for 18-24 trousers but they are really baggy. I've had to take them all in!! Madness. He really is a lanky mutant!

Will pop back In car park at work. A tad early as no traffic with it being half term here.

Oh by the way Anna. Ross had meltdowns a couple of months ago not wanting any clothes on and screaming in his bath. He actually had a wee sore bit under his fire skin but I hadn't noticed. May be worth investigating her bits lol!

Buzzbee

• "Buzzbee" started this thread

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Thursday, April 11th 2013, 1:32pm

Well N slept in his cot until 4:30am last night so not too bad and instead of getting up with him, which I would've normally done, I brought him in my bed (as DH was already in the spare room as we prepared for a night of him waking early again) and he slept for another hour until I had to wake him up for the day. Maybe he would sleep in longer than 5am on a weekend if I brought him my bed?! I am actually getting more sleep by bringing him in with me than if I was to let him cry on and off in his cot so this suits me - currently!

Cheers for the link for reins NH. I saw those on Ebay so think I will get some. I do want some with a longer rein. How did Lily sleep last night? That's great that she wanted to get back in her own bed.

Chilli - do you know I was wondering if the clock change had affected N's sleep as it's since then his sleep has become worse - especially these early morning wake ups. But he has had a constant cold and he has been teething as I have noticed a fang has popped through this week and OMG it is so sharp! Maybe that was causing him more pain than usual with teething.

Anna - N hasn't had a meltdown like he did last week but he is definitely protesting a lot more than usual if he doesn't get what he wants. He still keeps trying to hit me and then laughs. He doesn't pay any attention when I tell him a firm no. I have started to pretend to cry when he does it thinking he'd offer me a hug but nope - he laughs! That must've been awful for DH as it's horrible not being able to console them isn't it and you're wondering what the hell is wrong? Like some of the others have said when N has protested at bath time it is usually because he has a sore bum or on one occasion his willy was sore and he would cry if he tried to sit down. Do nursery tell you if she has had a melt down? We warn nursery that N is starting to have tantrums and stuff but when DH picks him up they say he has been as good as gold and happy all day. I'm like really?! Now and then he has hit a couple of the other kids when wanting a toy but it hasn't led to him having a melt down when they have told him off. If it has they haven't mentioned it. I really wish he would stop hitting. He sees it as a game and fun rather than him being nasty I think. I hope Molly has a good day in nursery and bath time improves tonight.

Rocky - which double push chair do you have? Bedtime live is a programme about parents who are having major problems getting their children to sleep. Watch it and I'm sure you will think Harry is much better than you think LOL! When I watched an episode a few weeks back I was like OMG how do these parents cope. I just hope and pray N doesn't become more difficult at bedtime. It's already a shock to the system with these wake ups in the middle of the night and not wanting to be left in his cot.
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Thursday, April 11th 2013, 2:26pm

Hi all,

Well I am dead on my feet today. Last night was horrible. It started with Lily vomiting in the bath - note to self, never, NEVER, NEVER have a bath with her when she is ill. YUCK!

Then she went to sleep fine. Woke up at 11pm with a temperature. Had some Calpol, a drink of water and a nappy change. Laid back down to sleep, five minutes later screaming for 'MUMMY!!!", I pop my head around the door, tell her "go to sleep Lily", she lays back down I go back to bed. Then five minutes later.... she is screaming for 'MUMMY!!!", I pop my head around the door, tell her "go to sleep Lily", she lays back down I go back to bed. Then five minutes later.... and so it repeats until 3am! She had a brief moment in our bed but even then she didn't settle and was continually stroking my hair, hitting DH because he was snoring (LOL), so back to her bed she went.

She was finally asleep by 3am and then it took me a good 30-50 minutes myself to get back to sleep, then she woke up at 6.30am so I only had around 3 hours sleep last night. Completely shattered!

She is at the childminder's today but is still running a temperature, so god knows what tonight is going to bring!

Thursday, April 11th 2013, 9:58pm

hey guys,

NH - you poor thing, you must be knackered - has she gone to bed ok tonight? hope she gets better soon, it does sound very very cute and funny though, although I am sure it's not cute when she is doing it over and over at 3 in the morning, LOL at her saying "no daddy stop it" so cute :) is she still being sick?

Buzzbee - the nursery don't say she has meltdowns (to be honest I don't dare ask!!) they just say that she was "better in the afternoon" or that she "wasn't very happy", I feel bad though as she must be so hard to look after in a small room if she is like that, it absolutely is her teeth though that sets it off, am in no doubt of it. Good to hear N has been meltdown free for a while, I know what you mean about the hitting & pretending to cry, I do that as sometimes she really grabs my face and it hurts so much like she is ripping off my skin (tbh it hurts so much I could cry!) but it doesn't have any effect on her. Re - reins We have the little life backpack with wings & a lead, but it's not that long so she runs off and then gets upset when she gets restricted, Had a nightmare yesterday as decided to walk to the park / sandpit 100 meters away instead of going on trike, I was carrying her scooter, bucket & spade and my changing bag so I could just hold her hand.... OMG, it literally took 45 minutes to get there we would walk 3 meters then she would let go, stop and walk the other way then I would get her to walk forward by stamping feet or doing something funny which would work for 2 meters, then she would let her legs give way and she would just lie on the pavement on her back grinning and refusing to move.... the only way she would move was if I carried her and I literally could carry her with one arm for 10 secs before I had to let her down and then the whole cycle would continue, I got many sympathetic looks from other mum's when she was on her back on the pavement and I was losing my patience BIG TIME after this went on for half an hour, it was a nightmare, the same thing happened on the way back, sounds awful but I was practically dragging her home by the end - never on foot again while carrying loads of other stuff!

Liz - I had a good check of Molly's bits tonight, bless and no funny marks, she was fine with the bath tonight so hopefully it was something un-related. am happy to say we are getting more words & copying of our words more often. Ross sounds so tall, how tall is he now? I don't really notice it with Molly until we are with other kids her age then she seems quite tall.

Chilli - we have def noticed Molly is less wanting to go to sleep at 7pm, always do bath, bottle bed, and usually she finishes, hands it to us snuggles for a bit then we put her in bed and not a peep, for the past week she has just been handing back the bottle and chattering away and then crying when we put her in the first time, she's ok the 2nd time but it is definitely a new thing, I think as it's not pitch black and she can see what's going on. tonight she started gargling her milk, giggling, then saying she wanted more milk before I could even think about putting her to bed.

Hi to Rocky, Boo Boo &everyone else. I am feeling knackered at the moment, just watching crap TV eating junk. Molly was lovely tonight but when I picked her up from nursery she didn't want to come home with me which was upsetting, normally she runs over so happy to see me, but today she clung onto her keyworker and refused to come, she has def been far more into DH the past 2 weeks which has felt a bit hurtful, I know it's not personal and it's just as she is with me a lot more but you do take it personally sometimes.

Has anyone experience of nursery vouchers btw? it sounds like we can both get £243 of nursery vouchers so our monthly nursery bill will only be £137 which is brilliant, then we will get paid slightly less to make it up, but it's all tax free - don't really understand how it works but it is a real help. I have also discovered ebay for buying playroom stuff - it's so cheap, I am addicted to looking at happyland bundles now lol.

hope you are all having good evenings

xx
Anna

Friday, April 12th 2013, 7:20pm

Hi all,

Just a quick Q. Do you still usebaby baths or do you put them in the real bath?
Will pop back later with personals x

Friday, April 12th 2013, 9:25pm

Rocky, I haven't used a baby bath since lily could sit unaided. At first I put her in the normal bath with a non slip mat, but that only lasted a couple of months.

Friday, April 12th 2013, 9:53pm

Normal bath with non slip mat. Have done since he was 7 ish months old.

Friday, April 12th 2013, 10:12pm

Meant to say that I used a non-slip mat for only a few months. Lily has been in a normal bath, without mat, from before she was 12 months.

Sorry illness and lack of sleep have gotten to me.

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Friday, April 12th 2013, 10:48pm

Hey lovlies.....

Long time no visit so thought I'd pop by.....

Interesting reading your posts...yes here also to more frequent meltdowns.....and also another one here hates nappy changes and also same here not quite been ready for bed at the usual 7pm!

Anna- re M not liking the bath....L went though a phase like this too. Just screamed 'no no no' when I run a bath and arched back ect when I tried to put her in it. My tactics are generally to not go against what L wants ....so I didn't bother with bath time for a good 3-4 days. Then I made a big deal, of having a bath and how much fun we'd have when I tried the bath again...it worked and her phobia had gone..lol. So maybe if M is making a fuss then try just giving her a wash down for a few night so she forgets about whatever it is that's bothering her about the bath...maybe worth a try anyway Hun. Do u work many days Hun? I know u say M is abit of a daddy's girl....it's just that l falls out with me when I work it's like she is trying to teach me a lesson. l does the slapping and poking ect to the dog rather than me...my poor Labrador...be she wishes she was the baby of the family still..lol. I show L how I want her to behave rather than saying no. So I'll say awww, lets be gentle to dog...and we'll stroke her....it has seemed to work and she so far doesn't doting much anymore....fingers crossed it stays that way! I totally relate to You and M trying to get her to the sandpit. L sometimes goes off in her own little world and just wants to go in the opposite direction...which is ok unless u have a huge bag and a trike to carry too! W go to a play area with electronic doors and L always manages to escape....I have stopped chasing her cos that's what she wants...I just followed her where she couldn't see I was following and she soon stopped running away..lol. Who said anything about terrible 2's ....it starts way earlier in our house..lol. Xxx

NH- that is sooo funny with L telling dh to stop snoring and wanting her own bed. That'll teach her...lol. In our house we have me, dh and L in bed and the dog on the floor next to us...it's actually the dog that makes the most snoring noise...ha. Hope l is feeling better. She sounds like she is coming on so much now xxx

Blessed- how's the holiday planning coming along Hun...this time in 3 weeks we'll both be in sunny places...lol. I'm sure everything will be fine in the villa as others have said there are plenty of family members and I'm sure u won't let him out of sight anyway. A for the steps, I have noticed L is so much better with them and I trust her alot more than say a few months ago...at this age I think they know what they can take on and what they can't....so I'm sure N will be fine. But I know u had a bad experience with him a few months ago so it may play on your mind but try not to worry Hun. I bet u have a great hol. I think U asked about mozzy repellant before....I saw some for children today so I assume u can put it on them....I was going to ask at Boots whati should use on L...something deet free I think ...xxxx

Rocky- hi Hun..same as NH...not used baby bath sinse L was baby....we had a seat thing for a while but we don't use anything now, she just has the full bath to play on now. So the house move is coming along slowly but surely. Must be hard to get things ready with 2 little ones to look after. I always save certain cleaning tasks for when dh is at home (so one can have L and the other do the chore) and it does take longer that way..lol. Xxx

Chilli- so r is still waking too Hun. L does every night without fail...u do whatever gets u the most sleep don't u..lol. Xxx

So AFm- L is absolutely great, makes me laugh soooooo much. She has a right Lil sense of humour in her. She sings songs in silly voices and pulls the funniest face. She just literally speaks now in full sentences and has full conversations. She's now obsessed with peppa pig and is mad about 'jumping in muddy cuddles'....she hasn't yet realised its puddles not cuddles..lol.

A u have all been saying we also get serious meltdowns....sometimes I loose the will to live with how many meltdowns she can have over ridiculous things..lol. Bt I always try to empathise as it's her way of dealing with her feelings...I have started to learn to keep certain things out of eye sight to reduce the chances of meltdowns over wanting things...so I pad and phones get hidden otherwise she will have a meltdown over not been allowed it or eventually have a meltdown if I let her use an and take it when she has had enough.

I have also learnt to pick my battles wisely....advise from u there NH ;) ...so when she doesn't want her coat on I either wait and try again or just let her go outside and realise its cold and then she will ask for it..lol. Getting her in the car seat can sometimes be a battle though..so I have some 'special' toys in the car for distraction to get her in it. Basically she is exercising her independence alot and wants to make choices....so I just try and allow it as and when is reasonable and use ALOT of distraction when it's not! I'm into unconditional parenting so when she has had a meltdown I just always ask her if she wants a cuddle afterward and it's seems to work once the tears have been shed.

She is obsessed with our neighbours grandson Who is 5. Thankfully he seems to like L just as much and she gets so excited to see him. I am usually top dog to L but I don't exist when her Lil friend is about. It's so lovely to see her making little friendships. She seems to like the big boys and girls more than ones her age. Sometimes I feel sorry for her cos they don't reciprocate and shrug her off....bless ....her first lesson in friendships.

It's mad this stage of their development...so testing to a mama's patience sometimes but so rewarding when they are such characters at the moment.

Hope all u lovlies are well....have a great weekend xxxxxx

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

Friday, April 12th 2013, 10:55pm

NH- just a quick ques Hun....do u allow L to go near/ play with your dogs toys? It's just L always tries to get into the dogs basket and walks about with her toys..I don't allow her to and say no they are The dogs. Especially the bones...I think L needs to know the dogs toys and bones are out of bounds...just wondered how u did things with your dogs toys and your L Hun. xx

Friday, April 12th 2013, 11:14pm

Booboo - yes lily plays with the dog toys. She likes to raid the dog basket and gives him all the toys one at a time. She is just all over the dog and her life's work to get him to lick her. Toys don't compare to that!!!

But she doesn't think they are her toys. She takes them so the dog plays with her. If she played with them for herself, I wouldn't allow that if that makes sense.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Natural_Horse" (Apr 12th 2013, 11:16pm)

Buzzbee

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Saturday, April 13th 2013, 10:20am

Rocky - same as the others N hasn't been in plastic bath for ages. He was a big baby though and couldn't fit in it comfortably anyway. He had one of those bath mats with seats for a bit and then once he sat unaided we got rid. We have a bath mat as he likes to stand up and has slipped on the bit where the mat doesn't cover so we definitely want a mat to prevent any falls as he also has toys that are stuck to the tiled wall that he plays with so sometimes stands up to play with them. I got a fun kiddy bath mat with animals on and he loves pointing to them and trying to tell me what they are. Hope all is well in your household. Are they still teething? I think N is definitely teething atm and I think it's one after the other, the last ones to come hopefully.

Booboo - I'm still amazed at how well L speaks. N says more words now but doesn't string any sentences together. The most he can say is two words together like What's that? He understands more than he speaks and knows all parts of his face when we ask. It's so cute when I ask where his ears are as he pulls them and giggles - he has daddy's big ears bless him! Oh and he is obsessed with showing us his belly, probably because I am always pointing to mine and saying baby, which he says. Holiday planning going OK although need to do a clothes shop for me and N. I can't wait to see him in some cool khaki shorts, some canvas shoes like Toms or Converse and a t-shirt or check shirt with the sleeves rolled up. Will have a look for that repellant. I'm wondering whether to buy a net to go over the cot bed too. They're really cheap on Ebay. I got a tankini off Ebay, brand new. It''s lovely. I need another one though as like to have more than one. What are you getting for the plane to keep L entertained? Will you take your ipad? I don't have one but have a Samsung Galaxy S3 now which is bigger than my old phone so plan to download some of his fave cartoons. I was also thinking of a new book and some paper and crayons. ICan you recommend any apps for games I could download? don't really want to annoy people with something that plays music and makes lots of noise LOL! Be interesting to see how he sleeps over there - hopefully he will be that shattered from all the activity in the day he will sleep through and he'll no doubt go to bed later than normal so hopefully that will mean he'll sleep in longer. We shall see! How are things with your mum now she has given up smoking? Better I hope.

NH - hope you're feeling better? How is L sleeping now?

Anna - aw bless that walk with M sounded like a nightmare. N would be exactly the same I am sure. I struggle walking with him when I just have a bag and him, and it will probably get harder as my bump gets bigger - my back is starting to ache now. Re vouchers I would definitely recommend them. I started using them in December and it feels like I am just getting a discount from nursery as I just see my net pay on my wageslip so forget that the vouchers have already been deducted. I must remember to ask if DH can get them actually. Also, when I got on maternity leave HR have told me that I will still receive the vouchers, even after 39 weeks when I no longer get a salary (as I am taking a full years maternity). So if your FET works :thumbsup:

Hi to everyone else.

Does anyone else's LO have a short temper and get frustrated quickly if they can't do something? Or is it just my son?! If he can't fit a toy in a hole that is obviously not big enough he gets angry within a minute and then launches it and then anything else within reach! My DH doesn't have much patience so I fear he will be like him *sigh*. I go over and show him what to do and tell him why it won't work so hopefully when he can communicate better he will grasp it and not get so mad.

Booboo - I think you're right about my fear of the steps. I just keep having visions of him getting excited and running through the villa doors (which will no doubt be open if it's hot and we're all there), which lead out to several steps that lead down to a sunbathing deck and then more steps down to the pool, and him tripping and falling down the tiled steps. I am actually very anxious about it. Even though family are reassuring me there are plenty of eyes to keep an eye on him I just know I will be watching him like a hawk, as will DH. Thankfully the villa has a large fence that can be put up so we can suss out how to make a barricade when we're there. I also think because our stairs at home are so steep he still isn't 100% comfortable coming down them, he bum shuffles but likes to hold our hand while he does it. He can crawl up them no problem with us of course close behind. It may well be that he masters the steps at the villa brilliantlly as I definitely think we will make a point of teaching him to walk down them.

Not much else to report. Decided not to bother with swimming today and venture out to a park so we can try N with the reins I currently have. We will be taking reins on holiday so want him to become use to them more as we haven't really used them much.

Tomorrow I think I will go clothes shopping for the holiday, just stuff to wear in the day to throw over my swimwear and maybe a nice pair of sandals (flat!).

Oh and N's sleep is still rubbish. He wakes in the night crying, sometimes he doesn't want you, sometimes he does, but either way he then doesn't want to go back in his cot. It's not like I can say he loves being in my bed either as he came in my bed at about 10pm the night before last then woke at 3am screaming and rolling around and despite me being next to him and trying to comfort him he didn't want it and just became more hysterical. I definitely think it's teething but he is going through a phase of refusing Calpol and whacking the spoon away. He use to love Calpol but now seems to hate it. We have never forced him on it before and don't like to but I am convinced he is teething so needs something to help with the pain.

I was thinking, because he is hating being in his cot, whether to just get him his new bed and try that? What do others think? It's been 2 weeks now that he has been like this (feels like forever!). Usually when he is teething it lasts about 4 days max but as I was saying to Rocky I am thinking his last 4 or 5 teeth are all coming through at once hence why it is going on so long?! Oh god knows, I just know I miss my boy who slept well in his cot at night. He will need to get use to his new bed anyway before the LO arrives as I don't want to make the change when the baby is hear as I will struggle to look after a newborn and him dealing with the transition to a big bed - unless of course he surprises me and is like Lily and loves it! I really hope he does!

Have a nice weekend everyone xxx

Saturday, April 13th 2013, 11:14am

Thanks for info re baths. Have ordered one though as think Edie still needs one and the one we have is rubbish.
Just a quickie for Buzzbee really re the bed. Is N in a cot bed? Could you not take the sides off first before trying a real bed? Just a thought. I think it's probably all down to teething. Harry is still a bit unsettled.
Anyway will pop back later - just trying to sell some stuff on ebay as have so much to get rid of. x

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Saturday, April 13th 2013, 11:24am

GREAT idea Rocky! Thank you. Can't believe I didn't think of that! Blame baby brain LOL! Yes it is a cot bed so will convert it to a bed. I was worried about where we would store the cot if we got a bed as the 3rd bedroom isn't ready yet so this is the perfect idea. Then fingers crossed he will like being in a bed rather than a cot and love even more the football bed we plan to get him! xfingers

Saturday, April 13th 2013, 3:41pm

Buzzbee - lily is easily frustrated too. She tries something and if it doesn't work first time, screeches, whines and then demands 'mummy help me!!!." She rarely wants to try and figure it out herself.... What's the point when mummy can do it for her?

Still got a sick household, we are all down with this cold. Lily is not sleeping well and not eating main meals but happily eats her snacks. At the moment, that's not a battle worth fighting as I would lose.

Still no confirmation that our finances are sorted to buy the new house. It's been four weeks and no yes or no to the bridging mortgage we have applied for. Very frustrated and fed up with it to be truthful.

I have most of next week off work and then the week after its centre PARC's. Really looking forward to it. Haven't thought of what to pack yet.... Any one been and have tips of what I need to take?

Anyway, lily is trying to steal the tablet off me so I better go. Bye for now and I'll do more personals another time.

Saturday, April 13th 2013, 6:03pm

Rocky can you not put the bumbo or a stick down bath seat for the wee one and let Harry just sit in the bath? U could then do them both together!

Sunday, April 14th 2013, 10:00pm

NH- thanks for reply about dog toys..lol. L actually tries to take the dogs raw hide bones and runs about with them and the poor dog just sits there all sad. They are one thing I try don't let her play with cos even though my dogs it's soft u still can't trust them 100% can you, especially when they can get quite possesive over their bones (well my dog never has but u just never know). I let her play with the dog like u do your L so I think I'm doing same as you..lol. How are u all feeling in your house? Hope your getting better soon. And hope the finances for the house gets sorted soon...my friend is moving house next week and she is waiting on some important documents and she is soooo stressed (as well as having a toddler and been pregnant). I don't envy u house movers..lol xxx

Blessed- awww that is so cute N likes to show off his tummy...must definitely be copying mummy with you showing him baby in there. Bless him! Sorry but made me laugh u forgot u had a cot bed ^^ have u got any names for baby girl yet anyway Hun? I remember N was names prity much as soon as you knew he was team blue...I loved searching for baby names. Lots of lovely girls names out there. Have u been on a pink spree yet? Have u decided your going back after your mat leave then...cos I think u were unsure about a career break at one point. I bet u wouldn't want to take N out of nursery now though would u. My friend is preg with 2nd and has one L and !'s age and she is not going back to work but she wants to try and keep up one day at nursery just cos her boy loves it so much. Re me and my mum...yeah we are much better now thanks. We will always have our little issues though I think as she doesn't agree with how I bring up L (she is very into I am the adult so do as I say and not against smacking and shouting....I couldn't be more different but I think that's something to do with me responding to how I was brought up...iyswim). Anyho sinse she quit smoking we are better as I don't mind going over with L now as it doesn't stink anymore..lol. Re holidays- aeroplane entertainment will be I phone or my samsung too...we have an iPad but there not point in taking it as it doesn't have 3G on it so no Internet. If u know of anything good to out on the Samsung then let me know as I only have u tube that she likes...nursery rhymes ect. I have tankini's too for holiday. I was unsure whether to do bikini but I will take both but tbh I have a tyre now when I sit and a 'cesarean belly'...lol...so I will prob stick to tankini...haha. I had a lovely Kelly brook one from new look...it's very girly and nice. Re short fuses - hell yeah!, L is exactly like that at the mo. I let her ride it out (they are in flight, fight mode during a tantrum so there's no point in reasoning and picking her up makes it worse) and then I explain why she couldn't have whatever it was or do whatever it was and then give her a cuddle. But this is happening alot over things she wants and can't have. All normal part of development but so testing..haha. I keep things like phones and iPads and biscuits ect out of sight as if she sees anything and can't have it she will tantrum...so avoiding is best at the mo. she will always find something to have a meltdown about though so u a not alone. Xxx

Rocky- I used L's bumbo in bath too...good thinking Eliz!! Don't ya just hate putting things on ebay....I sell something's but it can take a while to upload pics and do all descriptions and then of they sell for a quid is hardly seems worth it..lol. Saying that I have some grobag a to sell.....hmmm might do that this week. Hope ur well Hun xxx

Hi to Eliz, Anna, AG, chillimint xx

Well ladies my L has been spoilt today...went to asda and a little tikes play house for outside was less than half price (£85 in asda as oppose to £180 at toys r us). I was going to get her one for her b.day but with it been a bargain we got it now...and I am too impatient to make her wait for her b,day..ha. She LoVeS it! She is very outdoorsy is L and think we will be spending much more time in the garden if the weather stays mild.

I put sun cream on L's face today (there was a ray of strong sun on our walk for approx 15 mins...lol)...don't think it agreed with her and she had a bright red forehead and cheeks where i put it a few hours afterward....poor buba....must have sensitive skin. It certainly wasn't where she caught sun cos it was only out for 10 mins and then started raining (we've had odd weather today)... So best look for something for her delicate skin.

Right must go to bed soon...night all xxxx

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "BooBoo" (Apr 14th 2013, 10:04pm)

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Monday, April 15th 2013, 11:44am

Well we're coming into week 3 of N's disturbed sleep and I am starting to lose patience! It clearly isn't helping bringing him into my bed as he still wakes up crying and annoyingly wants to get up at c4am! Surely teething can't go on this long?!

So, I have decided, as from tonight, if he wakes he will get Calpol (to rule out teething pain), a clean nappy (to rule out a dirty nappy) and a bottle (to rule out hunger). If he cries after that I am going to do my very best to ignore him and try controlled crying again. I can't spend all night cuddling him even though I do want to give him reassurance and make him feel safe I worry I have not helped matters by bringing him into my bed, which he doesn't seem to like more anyway as his sleep is still disturbed. This morning he came into my bed at 3:30am after crying in his cot a couple of times so in the hope that he would sleep with me for another couple of hours I brought him in with me but he just kept tossing and turning, sitting up, whinging, yet was clearly very tired as his head kept dropping like he was about to nod off but then he'd fight it :hairout Granted I didn't give him any Calpol during the night so it could have been teething pain. He is totally fine during the day though.

I know about night terrors and I believe that is what he is having on the times he doesn't want us to touch him and rolls about his cot so I try and leave him when that happens but often he is waking up and crying and reaching out for me to take him and cries if I try and lie him back down and gets up.

Anyway, it's time for tough love as of tonight. I have told DH to warn the neighbours what we're doing LOL! They're police officers so don't want them thinking we are being cruel!

I just can't understand why it's lasting this long. I have read up on many websites about the various causes. I know about separation anxiety but how do you tackle it? Also, I was trying to work out if his daytime routine affected his sleep but it is the same. On the days he has 1 short nap at nursery his sleep is disturbed and on the days he has 2 good naps his sleep is disturbed. Also, I thought could it be hunger but yesterday we had a roast chicken dinner all together at 5pm, plus dessert, then he had an 8oz bottle at 6:30pm when he went to bed so surely he couldn't be hungry?! He slept right though until 2:30am, which is when he first cried. I managed to settle him by just giving him a dummy and not picking him up but he woke again at 3:30am because he had moved out of his duvet so must've felt cold so I placed him back under the duvet and then he woke 15 minutes later and that's when he reached out for me screaming so I brought him in my bed. Oh and the night before last he went to bed at 7:30pm so later than usual but he still wakes around 4/5am! 5am is actually on his better days. On the days I am in work I get us both up at 5:45am but I am thinking, in the bid to tackle him lying in longer, that I will just get up at 5:45am and get myself ready and then wake him up at about 6:15/6:30am. This is on the assumption he does start sleeping in later so I can kind of change his body clock. As you can see I am clearly desperate LOL!

Of course I am much more tired than usual now I am pregnant so when he is waking so early the last thing I want to do is get up and I am getting bad tempered about it, which I don't want to be but it's hard. DH does offer to get up but he is worse than me on no sleep and very grumpy so I'd rather just do it myself plus if N is crying I can't get to sleep anyway and always want to intervene. Tonight the monitor is getting muted and I may even invest in some ear plugs LOL!

Sorry for the waffling long post but I am starting to get stressed about it now. I feel so sorry for parents of children who have never slept through and always had problems. It is so draining.

Booboo - yeah we have been thinking about names and we have ones that we like but yet to find one that we both really really like. I really want Bethany but DH isn't keen. He wants Isabella or Nicole, both of which I like but not as much as Bethany LOL! So, we're still deciding. Oh and I like Katie. The thing is I was adament about N's name from day 1 and DH was fine with it so he is saying he should have more of a say with this one, which I kind of agree with. Great that things are better with your mum. It's a start eh? Re sun cream, I got N the Nivea one for Sensitive skin because of his eczema. Not used it yet mind but hoping it will be kinder on his skin. It was half price in Boots. 50SPF. I got two bottles as I plan to put loads on him, several times a day LOL! I don't think it will be scorching hot in Portugal, maybe 70's / 80's but that's hot enough for us and definitely for N. I wish he had DH's skin as he goes a lovely dark brown without burning, whereas I go pink then peel! I just wear tanning cream on holiday and not worry about sunbathing anymore as it doesn't do anything to my colour. I think N has my skin unfortunately as he is quite pale.

xx

Wednesday, April 17th 2013, 2:23pm

hey guys,

hope you are all well, isn't it nice to not have to wear furry coats and boots anymore, it finally feels like spring has sprung.

Buzzbee - how is N's sleep going? did you have to do CC? hope it went ok, you must be knackered, I am afraid I can't give any advice, have you been watching bedtime live? makes me worry about when they are able to get out of bed on their own! when are you going to take the sides down? we also have a cot bed so may do that as well but not soon, I want to keep her in her cage as long as possible lol. how long til you go on holidays? I realised the other day you are no doubt extra anxious about N running and falling down the stairs as he did it before - :-( I am sure he will be ok sounds like you will have loads of people looking out for him, does he go down the stairs on his bum when he is at home? thanks for the info on the vouchers, so does that mean they can be stored up when you are on maternity leave and used for a new baby if it worked? as Molly would get her free hours then anyway - so would that mean nursery would be free for a new baby until they ran out

BooBoo - wow - that is such a deal on the little tikes house which one was it? once we have our garden back we are going to get one for the summer, the one I have been looking at is the log cabin wood one, they are expensive full price though! ha ha funny you say about ebay - I have just discovered it for buying toys, it's amazing, so far I have bought a 2nd hand kitchen, loads of play food, a bundle of happyland stuff, a ninky nonk and 2 grobags, all for less than £100 - bargain or what! plus I think once we are done with children I will put it all back on ebay (if I can be bothered!) as it should probably get the same back. I bought a full price gro bag from TK maxx yesterday a big one 18-24 months and it shrank the first time I washed & tumble dried it - what use is a gro bag you can't tumble dry?! annoying. L's meltdowns sound so similar, although if I did your method of waiting for her to get up herself and decide to go somewhere she would still be lying in the middle of the pavement in a star shape I imagine! you do sound a lot more patient then me though :-( I do that if we are in a park or somewhere safe though, I like your idea of going to hide to stop her running off lol. luckily M ok with the bath again now - it was weird, I think she was just in pain with teeth and fed up.... I only work 2 days hun - DH is just her number one at the moment, am not surprised now he is way more fun than me when I have to be the one saying "NO" all the time! agree with the putting everything she wants out of eye level - as then there are less NOs lol.

Rocky - we also just use a non slip bath mat and have done since she could sit up, when we don't use the bath mat she slips everywhere! how is your house move going btw?

NH - when are you off to Centre Parks? are you going for a whole week? I love it there, we are actually going with friends at the end of April, my parents are taking Molly on a mini break so we get to have one too, we are doing all the adrenaline activities and stuff, can't wait ;o I would take dvds, games, toys & books and stuff, they have a really big supermarket there that's stocked well so no need to take food really, oh and wellies / waterproofs / rucksack as well. how is the cute little lily and her sleep getting on? did you start potty training again btw? we have bought one as when M does a poo she says "poo" wafts her nose and points to her bum, and now she knows to stand by her potty if doing a poo, it's a cool duck one that makes noises lol. not sure when we will brave the attempting to poo in the actual potty though! how is the house move coming on?

Hi to chilli, Eliz , AG hope you are all well?

We had a lovely weekend - went to Battersea Park Children's zoo on Sunday which is just down the road - it was ace, loads of animals and brilliant play areas, we got M a monkey suit and dressed her in it when we got back.... so cute, she was roaming around the house in it, will put a pic on fb as just adorable. I am really chuffed - have found a family friendly pub down the road that has a kids club and different music/puppet classes each morning and kid friendly breakfast time from 10-12pm with loads of toys and stuff there - I took M down for a taster this morning and she loved it, it's great though as I have felt our days off are getting a bit samey, and this is £6 per session and you can just drop in, so it's something else we can do on our days off. although I got a bloody parking ticket though £120!!! half price if pay it in 2 weeks but still gutted.- I have spent a bit on ebay recently so could do without a big fine :-( :-( :-(

Molly all good - no massive tantrums since the bath time one, a few mini meltdowns in the day but all good really, she does seem absolutely staving at the moment and wants to snack constantly, do you guys just let them do this if they seem hungry? maybe it is a growth spurt.

anyway, better go we're off to Gymboree now, no doubt she will try to hump the clown as always . hope you are all having lovely days

xxx
Anna

Saturday, April 20th 2013, 9:30am

Not been on for ages as it has just been such a manic time! Hope you are all well! We have moved back to the UK from abroad, so been busy moving, sorting our house and getting all that is needed for the new baby too. I'm nesting and my life is in boxes, which isn't good!! We are not in the house yet, but hoping to be in the next 3 weeks.

We landed in the UK to news that my Mum had suffered a cardiac arrest that day. To cut a long story we had 3 times of having to be prepared to switch off life support, were prepared for her living for on average 18 months in a vegetated state (although they don't diagnose that for 6 months) BUT she is doing remarkably well. She has a very long way to go and we are unsure what the future holds for her, but she is stable for now, has awareness and understanding and has some movement, although limited. I have been spending my time between home and Aberdeen ( where she is in hospital) and am down just now staying with my sister doing lots of visits to mum and also shopping for the house! We've spent a fortune and are far from finished!

All is well with the baby. He is kicking away big time ALL the time! I truly love being pregnant! I really like my new midwife, she is very open and understanding. I cant believe how thorough things are here in the UK! In Norway its a different story! I will get a scan in a few weeks, will see the consultant about my thyroid and its looking like another c-section for delivery in Aberdeen, which I think I'm preferring as the best option anyway.

N is doing well. Spending time with her cousins has been so good for her and she is learning a lot socially about not hitting or taking toys from others! I put her in a nursery yesterday afternoon and she is meant to be going every afternoon next week until Thursday when DH gets back onshore. Just to free me up for hospital visits really. We will see how she goes, she didn't think that much of it! I was so surprised actually as she is such a confident and sociable child. Will see how Monday goes! I think once we get back I'm going to put her into the nursery in our local community 2 mornings a week. It's good for her and me!

Hope you are all well! Sorry no personals - will be on later to catch up with all your news. Xxx

Saturday, April 20th 2013, 10:59am

Ok I caved in and had gender scan. Woo hoo its a girl. I'm not excited honestly'

Saturday, April 20th 2013, 11:02am

Omg AG. Sorry I didn't see your post until after I posted. How traumatic for you. I'm really sorry that must have been incredibly difficult although glad she's doing not too bad. I'm glad Aberdeen is being nice to you also!!

Cuddles from us.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Elizmac" (Apr 20th 2013, 11:04am)

Saturday, April 20th 2013, 8:49pm

Just a quick one from me....
AG - brilliant that you are home! Even if you are not in your house yet. Maybe having a C section is better as you were worried about when you were going to go into labour because of Norah weren't you and having to go and stay with friends. Sorry to hear about your mum - how awful for you. It must be a real strain on you but glad that she is better than expected. I hope you are not overdoing it with all that you have going on. xx

Elizmac - fantastic news that you are having a girl. Will this one complete your family now that you will have one of each? Amazing how similar to Buzzbee you are with both having boys similar ages and then both going on to get a naural BFP at the same time and now both having a girl. I think it's really wierd! Congrats anyway. Only thing is you have to get all girly stuff now as Ross' will be no use! x

AFM not going to do lots of personals as it's Edie's christening tomorrow and have lots to do still tonight. But just had to come on and post for AG and Elizmac. Anyway. Harry is going to bed a bit better now (last few nights). I've let him nap but am only letting him nap for 45mins max. But he generally wakes after 30 anyway. So not sure if this is helping or if it was a phase. Maybe I should let him nap for 1 hr again and see how he goes on? Napping tomorrow will be difficult as he usually sleeps at about 11.15 but we have to leave at 12 so not sure whether to skip the nap. I know he can skip the nap but he does get cranky and tired in the afternoon. Anyway, best go and get some stuff done. Hope you're all OK xx

Sunday, April 21st 2013, 9:54am

Liz - that is wonderful news that you are having a little girl! They are great!

Rocky - hope the Christening goes well today - how lovely. Yes, I'm feeling contented about the delivery decision, which is good! Although I'm so big I'm half expecting this one early! Will just have to see what happens - they decide really!

Off out to spend more money! Xxx

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Sunday, April 21st 2013, 11:28am

Congrats Liz! bab21 Sooooo happpy for you. You wanted a girl didn't you if you had the choice? It is truly amazing how we have been on a rollercoaster IVF journey only to get pregnant naturally and be blessed with a girl. I know it's still early days but so far so good. I still have to pinch myself that this has happened. DH and I are currently disagreeing over names LOL!

Rocky - hope the christening goes well today.

AG - great to hear from you again. Sorry to hear about your mum, I do hope she is OK. Glad you're happy about having a section. I would prefer one too if I'm honest but not sure if I can elect one. I too am huge, way bigger than I was with N. I already look 30 weeks pregnant!

Anna - glad to hear Molly is behaving a bit better. That family fun thing at your local pub sounds really good. Wish we had something like that near us. How long till you start FET?

Hi to everyone else.

Not much to report. N is still sleeping rubbish at night. For now we're back to bringing him into our bed where he has slept much better and DH and I feel much better for having more sleep. Decided to get the holiday out of the way first and then do CC as seems pointless spending a week doing it now for it then to likely go out of the window when we go abroad. I stayed at a friends last night for a girlie night in (take away and chinwag) and it was lovely to have that break as well as a decent nights sleep - well apart from the 2 hour loo trips LOL! DH brought N in his bed at about 11pm when he cried and he slept in till 6:40am, which is great! We're all feeling better for having more sleep.

Oh and got my 20 week NHS scan tomorrow!

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend xx

Monday, April 22nd 2013, 10:12pm

Buzzer- that sleep pattern of N's u just described is exactly like L's....waking at 11 to get in with u then been fine until morning. Although L can sometimes wake at 5.30 for milk and think it's getting up time...yawn! Oh and for what its worth i think your name chioce goes really well with Nathan. can u not say she looks like the name you like when you give birth...therefore catching dh 'in the moment' so he won't say no... ;) Thats what i did..heehee. good luck for your scan Tom Hun xx

AG- so sorry to hear about your mum Hun. That must be so stressful for you. Hope everything gets better soon for you. Xx

Eliz- woohoo Hun...so exciting your having a girl...one of each ...perfect! Any names? Xx

Rocky- hope edies christening went well Hun xx

Isn't it funny u pregnant ladies are all having the opposite to your first born...your all going to have one of each....so lovely :-)

Hi to Anna and chilli and anyone else I may have missed xxx

Monday, April 29th 2013, 4:45pm

Hi all,

Seems like ages since I posted! We had a lovely day for Edie's christening last week. Harry was really well behaved in the church and after at the do. The only thing that put a downer on the day was DP's mum who left a present and card addressed to DP. It was the last gift we opened and we genuinely thought it was going to be something for DP as it had her name on rather than Edie's. Anyway it wasn't - it was a card saying 'on your daughters christening' and then inside again addressed to just DP and not me. So we were quite upset and DP questioned her mum - who also got upset and just said she doean't know why she did it and that she probably just thought 'daughter' and DP. So her mum is now being a bit funny with her which is upsetting her. But she had to say something as it's not the 1st time she's done something inconsiderate about the kids and us as parents. All the other cards had both our names in. It might sound silly but things like that are quite important to us!

Anyway our house purchase has fallen through which is why I've not been on as we're frantically trying to find another house so we can transfer our mortgage as we are on a good rate. Only have 30 days after completion to do it. But the buyer of our house is very impatient now and wants to complete. So we've had a mad weekend looking at houses for homes and houses to rent out (as the house we are selling was one we rented out). YThink we have more or less decided just to let the mortgage rate go though and complete. It's just complicated as we juggled all the names round on the mortgages cos of DP being on mat leave and getting no salary.

Anyway hope you're all well. Will try and get back on to do personals.
Buzzbee - is N still sleeping better? Harry is sleeping OK but if I didn't sleep with him I'd get less sleep xx

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Monday, April 29th 2013, 8:00pm

Hi Rocky

Not surprised you felt upset about the card, I would've been too. Glad to hear Harry was well behaved though for the day. How frustrating about your house. I hope you find a new home soon. Are you looking in the same area?

N's sleep is still the same. He wakes up every night around midnight and he comes in bed with me and goes back to sleep. He has started to fight bedtime too but I am sure it's because he is now ready to go to bed later. It's like all of a sudden he's gone from needing sleep after 4 hours to not needing to sleep until at least 6 hours of being awake so we have got him down to one nap a day now around midday. I've realised it's more difficult to put him to bed if he has been awake less than 5 hours. So today he napped at lunchtime and woke up at 1pm and we put him to bed at 7:15pm and he crashed out pretty much straight away. He let out a little cry when I put him in his bed but I sit next to him and stroke his head. He does need to be near to deep sleep for me to be able to leave the room. If he isn't he cries and gets up so it's easier to just wait until he is asleep as takes less time. We're going to get the holiday out of the way before we look at tackling him coming into my bed but tbh I actually don't mind it. He is sleeping in longer now when he is in our bed, so much so, when my alarm goes off work I get DH to get into bed with him while I go and get ready and then I get him up.

We converted his bed to a toddler bed last week - well we didn't convert it fully, we decided to just take one of the sides off as just as good and means less work to do when we make it back into a cot for the LO. It hasn't made his sleep better or worse, just the same really. He loves his new room layout though and we put a little table and chair in there so he likes to sit in front of the window colouring in his book.

Booboo - hope you have a fab holiday hun.

NH - hope you had a lovely time at Centre Parcs.

Liz - has it sunk in yet that you're having a girl?

Anna - hope you're OK?

AG - hope you're OK? How is your mum?

Not much else to report. Just counting down the days until we go away to Portugal :cheeers:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Buzzbee" (Apr 29th 2013, 8:08pm)

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 9:19am

Hi all.
Not much to report here. Ross been puking and poorly but he's ok sort of now. Just grumpy. I have put him to the childminders today and I have a day off so wondering what to do with a whole day!! Washing and decorating springs to mind what fun.

Decided not to take sides off Ross's bed just yet. Buying another cot bed for the new one and going to leave Ross in his cage a bit longer. I still find him upside down and pushed right up against the sides when he's asleep so thought I'd move him into his new room first then take the sides off a bit later. Time is rushing away though. Only 19 weeks to go. I'm not ready to do it again yet!!

AG. Hope you mum is stable and doing ok. Cuddles from us if its not looking good though. X

Anna and NH. Which centre park did u go too. We are debating going to Nottingham one after we see my folks in Birmingham in June. Hope you both had a good holiday where ever you went!

Boo boo and buzbee. Have a good flight and sun. Very jealous!!
Rocky. Glad you had a good christening despite dps mum. Not long til you hand in your notice hey! Exciting!!!

Anyway. Housework beckons!!

X

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 2:06pm

Hey ladies,

hope you are all well, we've been so busy hence not really posted for ages.

Eliz - yay - congratulations on your little bab10 i bet you are so happy, little girls are so lovely, and you get to play with their hair and paint their toenails. hope you are feeling good and well now, sorry to hear Ross is poorly, what's up with him? don't blame you for keeping him in his cage for a while longer, Molly loves her cot and sleeps so well we want to keep her in it forever ha ha. I can reccomend the Sherwood Forest Centre Parks - i have been ther 3 times now and the Suffolk one twice, i love it, it's such a relaxing, lovely fun weekend with loads to do if you choose to or just to chill if you need to.

Rocky - i'm so sorry to hear about your house, what did you decide to do in the end, have you had to rent somewhere? glad to hear Edie's christening went well, i would also have been very upset at the card, how are things now with your DPs mum? are they accepting of you guys as a couple?

Buzzbee - have an amazing holiday, hope you got everything sorted and packed good to go, is it your first time on a plane with N? we are taking Molly to france to see MIL over the bank holiday, am a bit apprehensive to say the least as so much more active now, will be loading up the ipad and hope she sleeps on me. N's room sounds really cool, we still have a single bed in mollys' room as well, it makes it a bit cramped but we always dress her and feed her on the bed so it is really useful, we'll keep it in there till another one hopefully comes along, starting FET in August, it's coming round so quickly, i don't feel ready!!

AG - i'm so sorry to hear about your Mum, how is she doing? hope it is all getting better, good to hear you bump is blooming and all is well, did you see that link from Ruthie about the natural c-section on FB? very interesting to read about.

Chilli - i got your mum's blanket today, it's just gorgeous, and looking at all her little babygrows in patchwork is lovely, she's very good at what she does!

Boo Boo - have a fab holiday, looking forward to seeing the pics and being very jealous.

Hey to NH & everyone else i may have missed

We are all good here had a lovely weekend in Centre Parks this weekend, can't wait to take Molly there, probably in the autumn, we are off to france this weekend to see DH's mum, will be lovely and relaxing when there but not looking forward to the "getting there" part. Molly is being very cute and funny at the moment, obsessed with putting her hair in stumpy little bunches and pony tails and keeps swiping my hairband when my hair is up, thinking of dropping her morning nap soon as she takes ages to nap at lunch time now so i don't really think she needs 2 still - although i must admit i love having the hour at 9am to get ready and do my own stuff - or go back to bed at the weekends! Nursery is all going well, but she is getting quite jealous of her cousin as they have been staying with my mum for a while and any time Mum picked George up she would try to hit him and then have a tantrum... god knows what she will be like if we have another one!

i better go as am at work, but hope you are all having good weeks

xx
Anna

What's Up?
(",)

Thursday, May 2nd 2013, 10:26pm

Rocky - Aww, your house falling through, that's awful. What a disapppointment :-( I hope you get something sorted out.

Anna - so pleased that you like the memory blanket. May I ask a favour please? It'd be lovely if you could help my mum spread the word by taking a picture of your blanket and posting it on your Facebook page, if you wouldn't mind please? Thank you x

Booboo and buzzbee - I hope you enjoy your holidays! Buzzbee - it sounds like you're having sleep problems with N too. R too (I'll go into more details later) but its so frustrating. R still gets up once a night, and so DH and I take turns. We each get a decent nights sleep every other night.

AG - sorry to hear about your mum. I hope you're getting more settled after your move.

Elizmac - poor Ross, glad he's feeling better. I trying to keep R in her cot-cage for as long as possible. She doesn't sit still so I have no reason to believe that a bed would make a difference! She's getting her leg up on the top of the cot though, like a ballet barre so I might have to get a bed sooner rather than later.

R's sleep has gone completely up the wall. She used to go straight to sleep when I took her to bed at 7.30pm. Now she'll bounce around, sing and natter to herself for up to an hour. I wouldn't mind if she slept later in the morning, but if anything, she is waking up earlier. Sometimes its about 5.30am when she wakes. I've tried cutting out all sugar after midday, blacking out the room and even limiting her nap to an hour (she can have 1.5 - 2hrs) but nothing makes a difference. I'm worried she isn't getting enough sleep, and a 5.30am wake up is too early.

I made a biiig mistake recently by giving her chocolate biscuits at 6pm. She sang loudly for almost 2 hours after I put her to bed. That's the last time she gets chocolate that close to bedtime!

hope everyone has a good bank holiday weekend

Friday, May 3rd 2013, 11:04am

Hi ladies,

Sorry for the absence, I have been lurking but just haven’t had the time to post.

Chilli – LOL at the chocolate biscuit! I’ve done that before and Lily was literally bouncing off walls for ages and singing/shouting when she was meant to be asleep. Hope R’s sleep gets better soon.

Buzzbee – sorry to hear that N is being a pain with his sleep as well. Hopefully it will sort itself out soon. Enjoy your holiday in the sun – I am very jealous!

Anna – glad you had a good weekend at CP. Enjoy France, hopefully the weather will be good for you.

Elizmac – sorry to hear that Ross has been poorly. Hope he is better now. And congrats on finding out that you are expecting a little girl! I’ll try not to recommend anything to you that is pink and frilly! LOL

I was dead-set against pink for Lily, didn’t buy a single pink thing for ages. Family and friends ignored my wishes though and bought LOTS of pink outfits. But in the end, I bought pink outfits as there’s not a huge colour choice in the smaller sizes (ie newborn, 0-3 months) and I got sick of trying to get the stains out of white baby grows! And now I don’t mind it so much.

Re: Centre Parcs, I would definitely recommend it. It is just an easy, relaxing and child-friendly holiday. We went to Longleat – that’s probably a little too far for you to travel though!

Rocky – glad the christening went well, but shame on DP’s mum! I would be really annoyed with her too – in fact, I’m annoyed at her on your behalf! Hopefully it wont be too awkward around her for too long and she learns the error of her ways.

Sorry to hear about the house sale. What are you going to do now? I’ve had bad news about my house sale as well, but will go into more detail in a moment.

Booboo – have a great holiday. Like I said to Buzzbee, I am totally jealous but I wish you all the best.

AG – I’m so sorry to hear about your mum. *hugs* How is she now? Have you settled in to your house yet? How has N coped with the move? Is she better at the new nursery yet?

Okay – I think I have caught up now…. Phew!

AFM, well where to start? The centre parcs holiday was fab except for the fact that Lily was ill for most of it and didn’t sleep very well and ate very little! We went to CP with another couple and their little girl who is Lily’s age. We stayed Mon-Fri and on the Monday the couple came over to our villa for dinner. The girls refused to eat anything, but ran around playing until 10pm! There was no chance of putting Lily to bed in a strange place while her friend was there, so we just let them run wild really. As soon as they left, she was put to bed and fell straight to sleep. However, two hours later she woke up inconsolable. Took an hour to calm down, was put to bed with me, DH went into the other bedroom. Then woke up an hour later screaming, then an hour later, asleep with DH in other room. Repeat (swapping bedrooms and parents!) until 6am, when I gave up and we got up for the day.

That day she was a little fragile and clingy, still didn’t eat but generally okay. That night, she was put to bed at 9.30pm (that night we had dinner at our friend’s villa and again the two girls ran around like lunatics), screamed for two hours, then fell asleep, and then woke up again an hour later, screamed for an hour, slept for an hour, etc until about 4am. She also had a high temperature. Then she fell asleep until 10am. That day she still didn’t eat, was very tired and quite grumpy and hard work!

That afternoon/evening we all went out to bowling and then dinner. She fell asleep at bowling and started to really burn up. When we got to the restaurant, they opened up a close booth section for us, so that it was quiet for us and we didn’t disturb the other diners. I had to strip Lily down to just her nappy, DH went to the nearby Parc Market and got some calpol (as it was quicker than going back to the villa) and she either cried or slept for the majority of the meal. She would only sleep in DH’s arms, so the poor guy had to eat one-handed! At the end of the meal, she woke up, was in okay spirits but still with a temperature and now a rash all over her body. I lightly dressed her for the bike ride home, by the time we got home the fever had gone, rash was getting better, she was is high-spirits, was in fact hyper and bouncing off the walls. She ended up going to sleep with DH at 10.30pm and then slept through until 9.30am and was fine from there on after. Still didn’t eat much during her time there but by the end, at least she was having mouthfuls of food.

But despite all that, we had a really enjoyable week away and am going to do it once a year. I did find that she was at a bit of an awkward age for the activities. Most activities were for aged 3+ and those that were for younger children were aimed at infants. Still there was lots of play areas and even softplay for her to do and she LOVED the swimming pool as well. She did do one activity where she got up close with barn owls – she really liked that too.

As for the house sale/move. We have been really messed around with our current mortgage provider. We have to stay with them as we are within the early redemption period. We needed to borrow an additional £25k, and after it being agreed in principal at the start of March, last week (despite daily calls to them for the last three weeks) we still hadn’t had it formally confirmed. In fact, they turned around and said their lending criteria has been changed and that we needed to reapply and start the whole process again! So thoroughly fed up, we have taken our house off the market and withdrawn the offer on the new house. No doubt the buyers of our house will be thoroughly peed off with us, as they had surveys and searches already carried out on our house and was ready to move in!

So we are going to do some minor house repairs (ie new floors, shower, toilet suite for downstairs, etc) and maybe book a holiday in the sun for July. Totally gutted but also fed up with the whole process. For now, I am just going to enjoy what I have, make the most of it and not think about moving for at least another year – once the redemption period is through and we can go elsewhere!

One last thing, as this has turned into a bit of a tome! Lily’s language skills in the last two weeks have really progressed. She is saying proper sentences now, makes insightful comments (like “Toby sad because he’s hungry), as well as accurately answer questions like “what did you do today?”, “who did you go to the park with?” “what did you eat for breakfast?” She also makes up songs as well. This morning’s song went something like: “mummy, daddy, do, do, do. Toby gone for walk. Goodbye, goodbye. Please come back soon.”

Anyway, it’s taken almost all morning to write this so I had better sign off and do some real work!

Bye for now.

Saturday, May 4th 2013, 10:29pm

Hi all,

Buzzbee -are you ready for your hol yet? Bet you can't wait. What do you use to wash Nathan's hair/bum? Just because of his exzema? I just use oilatum as anything else flares it up but am wondering if it's good enough for his bum?

Chilli - sorry to hear about the sleep! Have you tried cutting the nap down to 4omins or so? I've had similar issues with Harry. He is a lot better recently. Instead of getting back up and playing he will now lie on the bed calmly - but I have to be there with him and it can still take 30mins for him to drop off. I don't mind so much though - but when they get back up to play it's frustrating as you don't know when they will go to sleep. At least with the way he is now I know that he will fall asleep soon so there's light at the end of the tunnel!! Sounds like you don't have to sit with her though so that's a plus. But as for the early mornings?? Hopefully it's just a phase. I've heard some good things about the gro clocks that tell them when they can get up. I'm not sure anything like that would work with Harry though. Hope it improves soon x

Anna - we've thought about centre parcs - maybe we should leave it a bit though after what you said about this 'inbetween' age. I think things are OK with DP's mum but she is definitely being a bit funny as she's not phoned DP and usually would have done by now. So DP will have to phone her tomoorow just to get things back to normal. We're going to DP's sister's baby's christening in 2 weeks so will have to all meet up then. I'm sure it will be fine although I'm not looking forward to it because I'll have to pretend that it's all OK but inside I am upset by it as it's just another indication that they are really not OK with us. Having said that they have been good really consiering they are big catholics and don't agree with same sex couples. Some parents disown their children - but they've been reasonably accepting.

Elizmac - don't blame you for not taking the sides off the bed. I would do the same if I ever managed to get Harry in a cot. If I'd known I'd never have bothered buying one!! I mentioned above to Buzz about Harry's eczema and using oilatum in the bath as the GP said to just use this. So I've done this since he was born. I used some baby was a couple of months ago and he had a flare up of eczema. Is it OK to just use oilatum or do I need something better to wash him with now? He keeps scratching away and there is nothing there on his skin and then he makes a mess of himself. Not changed washing powder or anything so not sure why he's so itchy. Hope you're feeling OK with your pregnancy. IKWYM about not feeling ready to do it all again. I really though I might like to have another - but Edie has kind of put me off. She's lovely of course, but demanding. Maybe Harry was just the same but second time round it feels worse! You have a great age gap though so it will be much better and Ross will be helpful by then whereas Harry was still a baby himself!

NH - glad you had a good hol despite Lily being ill. Gosh, I am so sorry about your house. It is so frustrating - anything to do with the bank. In fact even a telephone call is frustrating as it always takes ages to get through. We were thinking exactly the same about renovations and even an extension - but we wouldn't get the money back when we came to sell. You'll feel so much better though once you've done some new things - and it will be much less expensive than moving

Luckily, we have viewed a house today that we are going to put an offer in on! It's one that I discounted a while ago and it sold and has fallen through as buyers couldn't get mortgage. So it's dated and needs decorating etc and the bedrooms and garden are a little smaller than we wanted but we think it will work for us and we can make it nice. It's about 5 doors away from the house we were buying (and is not as nice at all) but it is 15K less. So were having a 2nd viwing tomorrow to check a few things and then will put our offr in. Thing is we are going to be on pins because we have 30 days to transfer the mortgage from the house sale (not where we are living it's a mortgage on a house we rented out) from Wed so that takes us until the 7th June. So we don't actually know if it can all get done in time and if not we will lose it. We have to arrange a bank survey and have all the searches etc done. So, just keeping fingers crossed!
And as NH mentioned speach....Harry just says allsorts now. He's not saying any sentences it mainly 1 word. But he can say loads of words and understands so much. Still not discovered a way to keep him from going behind the TV though to mess with the wires! xx

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Friday, May 10th 2013, 9:07pm

Hi everyone

Just back from our first holiday with abroad! Will fill you in shortly. Personals first!

Rocky – glad you have found another house. Do you think you will save money getting this one or will you spend a lot on doing it up? Hope the 2nd viewing goes well anyway and you can look forward to moving into a bigger home. Re Nathan’s hair, we use normal shampoo now as his head is fine. Just a tiny amount mind. For his bum I use cotton wool and water when we’re top and tailing him in the morning but during the day I use Tesco wipes as the dermatologist said they’re the kindest to his skin. Not sure why that is. I always get fragrance free ones. Oh and in the bath we use Doublebase, which was prescribed by the dermatologist. His eczema has flared up again on holiday, probably due to heat, sun cream and sand. We did take Epaderm and a steroid cream but he seemed more itchy on holiday so we will be doing the strict skincare routine again – bath with doublebase, wash with Dermol soap, apply Epaderm and various steroid creams. For his face though we can only use the 1% one. Do you have steroid cream? If not you could ask your GP for the 1% one, which they prescribe – Hydrocortizone. LOL you’re making me scared about having a newborn and a toddler. What is the age difference between Harry and Edie?

NH – aw sorry to hear Lily was unwell for some of the holiday. It’s good though that she can go back to sleeping good again. I thought N would go back to sleeping well when he started with restless nights back in March but nope, he is still waking in the night and did on holiday to come in our bed. So you’re not moving just yet then? Sounds like a good idea doing up your house. Would you increase the value or is it nothing major that you need to do? I so wish we could move but that is on hold for a while now. Centre Parcs sounds great for kids, much better than the holiday I have just been on – the villa was gorgeous but I just couldn’t relax at all whilst there so we spent most of the day venturing out, which was hard in the heat. We will definitely be holidaying in the UK now for the next few years until the children are old enough and easier to look when travelling abroad.

Chilli – N sounds like R with the sleeping. Are you just going to stick with alternating between you and DH with sleeping with her or do you plan to try and tackle it with CC or PUPD or something else? I really would like to tackle it before our little girl is here but just need to find the energy for several nights of screaming. It is easier bringing him in our bed as we get more sleep but I know it will be hard when the LO arrives. I agree with you re sugar in the afternoon, I think it makes N harder to go down to bed if he has had juice or something sugary so we have a cut off time now. Re R’s sleeping, do you think she is ready to not nap at all in the day?

Anna – so you think CP is great too for kids do you? Glad to hear Molly is being better. How did your trip to France go?

Liz – feeling any kicks yet? My little girl is becoming very active and DH has been feeling her kicks now for the past week. Is Ross feeling better?

AG – hope your mum is OK?

Booboo – hope you’re enjoying your holiday? Think you’re still there as you went for 10 days didn’t you? How was L on the flight?

Hi to anyone else.

AFM – we are just back from our first holiday abroad. The flight out was fine and N was really good, sleeping as soon as we took off but only for half an hour as I was holding him and I was getting cramp and uncomfortable with my bump so when I tried to pass him to DH he woke up – typical! He was good though – entertained by lots of snacks and books. The flight home was OK, he screamed just before take off for what felt like forever but was only 5 minutes or so. He finally fell asleep about half an hour into the flight and woke up half an hour before we landed so slept for most of it really. He did have his own seat though as the flight was empty so DH’s dad moved to another row so we had a spare seat and we let N stay in it for landing – the air hostesses didn’t mind. Plus the child seat belt that you get was so small and I think it’s that that contributed to N’s tears as he hated being put in it.

The holiday itself was OK but if I was to do it again I would either not bother going abroad with a toddler or do proper research and pick a more toddler friendly place. I didn’t book the villa though as we went with DH’s family so it was they who sorted it. I was already apprehensive about the steps in the villa and around the pool but I didn’t expect for there to be steps leading to every room inside the villa! It was awful as I was on pins constantly and DH and I had to take it in turns following N around to ensure he didn’t tumble on the stairs. There were other people there but we only asked them now and then to keep an eye on him when we needed to do stuff. I preferred going out and about and spending as little time in the villa as possible to be honest, which was a shame as it was so beautiful. Plus there was a 3 year old there who was obviously more advanced than N with stairs and talking so he wanted to follow her everywhere, which made it difficult as he was trying to do the things she did but we felt like we were constantly telling him off. He definitely had more tantrums than he does at home and I think it is because he felt restricted.

The weather was gorgeous, 80’s every day and on the last day it got to 32 degrees! However this is the first holiday that I have come back with no colour whatsoever, not even a hint of pink, as I didn’t sunbathe for very long each day, plus I wore P20 everyday so think that did well in protecting me. N thankfully didn’t get any sunburn. He had factor 50 on constantly plus the swimsuits with protection in.

It was lovely going away but we have said we definitely won’t go abroad at least for the next 3 years. Because N isn’t talking properly yet (he just says lots of words and learnt a few more on holiday) it was hard to communicate with him so he became frustrated a lot because we wouldn’t let him do things, especially in the villa. We will holiday in the UK at child friendly places for now and venture further when they’re older. Centre Parcs sounds great, will look into their locations.

He was so happy when we got back home, seeing all his toys and I think loving the fact that we weren’t following him around and telling him not to do stuff, he has his freedom back LOL!

Hope everyone is OK anyway xxx

Saturday, May 11th 2013, 11:29am

Hi
Been ill for over a week so not posted much. Then I got good poisoning. Gah germs.
Anyway.
Rocky- you don't need soap at all. Oilatum fine for washing or diprobase mixed with water. Ross doesn't have much hair so I don't wash it but if you do just do it last so the soap isn't in the bath water. Glad you found a new house again. Did you hand your notice in at work??

Buzbee glad you had a sunny holiday. Look at baby friendly boltholes. My pal just got back from Greece and had a fab apartment. Stair gates and toddler friendly pool area with fences and everything. We are going to lake Garda next summer with some friends with a toddler Ross's age with them.

Boo boo hope you had a good hol.

AG hope all is ok with you x

Hi to Anna and chilli and nh.
I'm still feeling A bit icky so off to have a breath of fresh air. Gah.

Catch up soon.

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Saturday, May 11th 2013, 11:45am

Sorry to hear you haven't been well Liz.

Yep well holidays for the next 3 years at least shall remain in the UK and at toddler friendly places. Although N was OK on the flight having him on our knee wasn't great so would rather drive somewhere instead and wait until our little girl is about 3. I would love to go back to that villa in Portugal - without kids! It would make a great place for adult couples - partying on the terrace with a BBQ and drinks, lazing by the pool, falling down the stairs drunk LOL!

We're thinking Cornwall next year, renting a cottage and going with my parents. If anyone can recommend any places down there please do. Will look at Centre Parcs too.

My nana is Italian and is from Lake Garda - all her family live there. She met my grandfather in the war and moved over here. It is a beautiful place and somewhere I plan to visit as never been although seen lots of photos and videos.

Anyway, off out now to take N to see my parents.

Have a nice weekend xx

Sunday, May 12th 2013, 9:00pm

Hey ladies,

How is everyone? hope you are all good, seems like ages since I posted, been really busy, we have been moving offices and also nearing the end of our renovation and it is the most mess, dust and disruption so everything is a bit manic.

Chilli - How is R's sleeping going? hope it has gone back to normal - 5:30am is way too early to start the day! yes of course I will post a picture of your Mum's blanket on fb - will do it tomorrow, it is so lovely, I remember her in all the little outfits... where has the time gone?!

Rocky, how are thing's with DP's mum now? has it all blown over? I hope so as it's not a nice feeling when things are all a bit awkward, Did you get the other house you were having the 2nd viewing at? I hope so as that 30 day deadline must be stressing you out loads. I actually prefer places that are a bit dated as then you get to redecorate and make them totally personal to you, rather than live with what someone else chose.... within reason of course, I am sick of living in a building site at the moment though!

NH - have just caught up with your CP week, you poor things, must have been so worried about Lily! did they have a medical centre you took her to? what was actually wrong with her? still apart from that I am glad you had a good time, you had great weather, it was so cot and wet when we went..... the stuff that Lily could do sound fun, I can't wait to take Molly there, they are opening a Bedfordshire one which will be a lot more convenient when it does. I'm so sorry about your house & mortgage fiasco, what a complete nightmare! and how gutting for you and also time wasted and hopes dashed. I guess the only positive out of the whole experience is that you know your house is obviously very sellable. Good idea to plan stuff to look forward to to cheer you up though.

Buzzbee - ahh, am so sorry your holiday was so stressful, before I read this and I was looking at all your holiday pics I was thinking what an amazing time you must have had as N & your DH looked so happy - not enough pics of you & bump though! the Villa looked HUGE, but I see what you mean about the steps, also tiled steps like that have really short corners as well so danger there too, not surprised it has put you off it for a while. Centre Parks is a really lovely experience, there are 4 at the moment and are in the Lake district, Longelat, near Bath, Sherwood Forest and Elvedon in Suffolk, the chalets are such good value, we've always gone for the new woodland lodge exec, they have lovely posh bedrooms, flat screen TVs, dvd player, modern & contemporary furniture, open plan kitchen, dining table & huge comfy sofa, also cot, high chair etc. then outdoor patio furniture and BBQ - we've stayed in 3 bed chalets and they have worked out around £100 per person from Friday - Monday, obviously more for 7 days, but they also do 2 bedroom ones too so would be cheaper. it's great for kids, loads of wildlife, activities, classes, messy play, soft play, cycling & cycle trailers for babies to hire, amazing swimming lagoon complex with separate toddler bits, Then for adults there's fun adrenalin stuff to do, an amazing spa and a selection of restaurants & a bar with bowling, kiddie disco, pool , games etc. (l I sound like I am their PR!) I really do love it though, it's so relaxing. The only downside is there are only 4 around the UK so for us it's a bit of a trek, and it can work out quite expensive as adults as the stuff you book can cost quite a lot. As a cheaper option - and one I can report back on later on - we are going to Haven holidays in July, staying in a 2 bed mobile chalet in the Devon cliffs one, there are loads of them all around the UK and really geared at children, entertainment in evenings, and loads of activities for them to do, big swimming pools & slides, and also most are on the beach, the one we are going to also has a spa. You can hire all the baby stuff too - our week in July is only £500 as well so really reasonable. I will let you know what it's like but we are really looking forward to it. It's also one you can go to with a group of friends.

Liz - sorry to hear you haven't been well, and did I see it's your birthday today, happy birthday! :birthdaycake: hope you feel better soon.

Boo Boo, hope you are enjoying your holiday, looking forward to hearing all about it soon, has L picked up much Spanish now? lol

AFM - we had a really nice long weekend in France, M was so well behaved on the flights and at the airports, although it is not relaxing with a toddler and god knows how people manage with twins and suitcases and trolleys etc! I thought she would sleep on the flight but she didn't and was awake from 10am - 8pm , the longest ever, she slept till 9am the next day though which was nice :) we stuck with UK time so put her to bed at 8pm so she wasn't waking up before 8am in the mornings, although it was nearer 9 most days so we felt like we had a break too - their house has beautiful gardens, a lake and fields with goats & horses in so there was loads for M to do, she loved feeding them and feeding the ducks and we took her out on the lake in a dingy, they also had bought a little electric car so she was obsessed with that although her feet couldn't reach the peddles so we had to use a broom handle, and also steer for her as she couldn't steer, will be better when we go back next year. weather was great as well. however, MIL's husband was pretty sulky most of the weekend as he suggesting a few trips to do in the afternoons - like chateax visiting which is an hour in the car each way - and we explained it would be better to do it first thing in the day as then we have longer there and it fits in a lot better with Molly's lunch time nap etc, and to be honest 2 hours in the car to walk round a chateaux just seemed crazy when we were at this beautiful farmhouse & gardens where Molly was just running around in absolute heaven, also we do the chateauxs every year anyway ..... but we just asked if we could we go the next morning instead and leave by 9:30, he didn't really respond - so we get up ready and early and get Molly and bags all packed, along with packed lunch etc the next day and at 10am he ambles down in is PJs and then takes ages getting ready, then goes to the boulangerie to get breakfast and basically isn't ready to go till 11 and was being really sulky and grumpy, apparently he is often like this (he's not DH's dad).... but he didn't really snap out of it all holiday, he also got all annoyed over a few other things - all baby / routine related - and sulking over them, MIL tends to pander to him as well which meant for a bit of an awkward atmosphere for some of it. and he & also MIL didn't really get that we kind of had to work around Molly and that things are now different from when we have previously visited. Also they kept telling us Molly was starving all the time which was really annoying, and they gave her 3 fromage frais and a massive bit of cake for pudding when she kept saying "more" but she always says more literally all the time, if we kept feeding her more puddings every time she said more she would be enormous! So, although a nice time it wasn't gripe free, next year we've said we will hire our own car and then we can do things at our own & Molly's pace and MIL can just come with us, we think that will work a lot better.

Other news, M is finally starting saying loads more words, at least a new one every day, and sometimes she will put a few together and say stuff like "I know" or "I did it" but that may be a fluke and she just says it at the right time, she has so many teeth as well, had 10 through in 4 months, and so much hair too. she's been such a funny little thing today, her expressions and faces she pulls just crack us up as so funny, we took her to a dog show today on the common which she loved as loves dogs, then to a soft play café, she got adopted by this 4 year old little boy who was taking her around all the climbing stuff which is done out like a pirate ship, and calling her "little matey" it was so cute, they were cuddling each other loads and she cried when she had to say goodbye. ahhhhhhh.

I have to make our FET appointment, we have moved office over the weekend and our new office is literally 5 mins walk to The Bridge Centre which is our IVF clinic, and where Molly's little snowsiblings are waiting for us, how convenient is that? I will report back what happens, we want to start in August, can't believe how quickly this year has gone, and how cold it's been, I was cycling home on Thurs and it was so windy, freezing and wet, totally miserable

anyway, I better go - my favourite tv show is starting, Dexter - and it's the final episode - can't wait!

xxx
Anna

Wednesday, May 15th 2013, 10:56pm

Hello! Hoping to get on here more when we get back into the house! Which, all going well will be tomorrow! We have all our beds made, playroom is ready, kitchen almost ready and are just wanting in now! At the moment baby's room is full of boxes, but it will be easier to get stuff done when are in the house. Trying to move with a toddler and me being so pregnant has had it's challenges to say the least, but there is light at the end of the tunnel! We've all had a yuck flu as well, but are on the mend.

Life at home is good. We are very content. N loves all the playgroups we go to and the time with family. We have goats and ponies in the two fields surrounding our house and she loves to see all the animals there and on her grandparents farm.

I had an appointment today with a consultant to discuss the birth, which is looking to be on or around 5th July in Aberdeen and a c-section. In a complete panic about what to do with N. We were going to take her with us, but trying to get home with a baby, toddler, me just having had a section and luggage is making me think maybe we should leave her at home. Not sure what to do! Feeling baby loads which is lovely, but throwing up lots again, which isn't so lovely!

I laughed when I read all your posts and it reassured me as well! Terrible twos are upon us! I notice N gets more frustrated now and she can be quite difficult at times. I'm glad to hear it is all normal! Most of the time she is great and she really has coped so well with all the changes.

Sorry no personals. Looking forward to being on a bit more now we are hoping to be in the house! Xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Amazing Grace" (May 15th 2013, 10:57pm)

Thursday, May 16th 2013, 10:48pm

HI all,

Quiet on here lately - guessing all you pregnant ladies are knackered!
AG - so great that you are home and nearly ready to move back in - you'll be much more settled when you're in your own home again with all your stuff. Glad you're having a c section as going into labour naturally would have been stressful being so far from the hospital. Can't advise you on what to do with N as not sure how long you'll need to be away for - usually stay in a least a few days with a section don't you? I know how tough it must be for you moving and being pregnant. We are having the exact same troubles (except not pregnant) but of course have 2 of them. It's ridiculous really - we cannot seem to get anything done.

Anna - things with DP's mum OK I think - we've not seen her in person yet but are going there this weekend so we will see! Have you made your FET appointment? Remind me how many snow babies you have? We have just started to talk about it all again as DP has a blastie and age is against us both. Looks like DP will do FET sooner than we thought though. Originally it was a possibility of me trying again inbetween but we really don't want 4 kids (3 is pushing it!) so it makes sense to do the FET and see if it works before I do anything.

Buzzbee - how many baths does Nathan have a week? Harry exzema has flared up on his arms this time - I just can't understand it as he never even had eczema there beofre. I am so sick of it now - he was fine for months on end. I wonder if it is food related?

Elizmac - thanks for info re soap. As I said to Buzzbee - I am sick of the eczema - he seems to be getting new patches where he's never had it before. Hope you're feeling better now. Handing my notice in next Thurs!! Bit scary as I keep saying to DP -are we sure that this is what we should do?'. But we have decided so I will do it. It's just a bit wierd to think that I will be earning no money as I always have from being 14 years old. I hope that I won't start feeling funny about it all and thinking I can't spend any money.

AFM - said most of it above....house move is going ahead. We have until 7th June to complete. Sellers solicitors have not yet sent the paperwork so time is really tight and we are very stressed everyday. Thank god we are not yetseeling the house we live in as there is no possible way we would be able to sort all our stuff out by then. We do intend on seller our house though and that's another stress as there are jobs to be done. Every day that I don't work we are trying to sort a few things but it is so difficult with 2 kids. As I said to Elizmac - I need to hand my notice in next Thurs and then it will be final. I have even offered to DP that I would go full time if she wanted to stay at home but she earns more so it wouldn't work. And TBH I really wouldn't want to do full time. Feel sorry for DP as she has no option and her school is an academy and they work longer hours. Feel like she'll really miss out with the kids.
Took Harry and Edie swimming today - does anyone else think it's expensive? It's the first time I've been in about a year and it cost £6.60 for us both with the kids (kids free). I think it's wrong as they know that you can't go for a swim if you've got a baby and you only stay in for 30mins so although the kids are free you still have to pay for yourself! I think they should make a concession for it. Anyway Harry didn't really like it and was clinging on to me! (Edie loved it).
Hope everyone is well xx

What's Up?
(",)

Sunday, May 19th 2013, 4:10pm

Buzzbee - I hope you're feeling OK. sorrry to hear that most of your holiday was spent being on pins. It really does change how you choose places now, doesn't it, I mean, trying to find baby and toddler friendly places. We went to a holiday park recently, over Easter, and although it wasn't my cup of tea, there was loads for kids. There were swimming pools and kids disco's in the evenings. R loved the disco - she just ran around the dance floor at first. Then she started copying the other kids dancing - they were break dancing so she rolled around on the floor with them.

When R wakes, she will lie back down in her cot with a bit of reassurance. So, it doesn't seem to be the going back down that is the problem, just the waking up. I am stumped! I just cannot fathom what makes her wakes up. Yes, I would leave her to grizzle a bit, but the walls in our house are so thin, noise travels so much. I bumped into the neighbour recently and apologised for the noise that R makes some nights. She said, "oh, its's fine. You never leave her to cry for long anyway". Oh, OK.

Elizmac - how're you doing after back-to-back illness? A while ago you were talking about shoe sizes - I've come to the conclusion that shoe shops try to sell you a new pair of shoes each time you go in, and some times they measure too big. So I'm going to get a foot measuring gauge myself and then just get R new shoes when she actually needs them.

AG - It sounds like life has been busy for you. I hope your mum is doing as well as possible. Do you intend on flying or going by ferry home from Aberdeen? It's lovely how little ones are interested in animals isn't it. R loves going for walks down the lanes here to see the horses that are in the fields. We take a carrot or an apple for a horse in a bid to entice one close enough for her to see close up. Bless N for adjusting to the changes so well.

Rocky - Ah, so you're handing in your notice next week...ooh, big step! How long will your notice period be? Yes, I think swimming is expensive too - it's about a fiver for me, and I think R is free. Its a nice pool, one of those with bubbly spa type pools and a wave machine. Plus its warm (some pools I've been to, R has been shivering after half an hour) but it's still a bit pricey!

R still sleeps in her cot and the sides are on. The mattress is very low down so the top of the side is by her armpits. A few weeks ago she was trying to get her leg up on the side but that seems to have stopped now. Bedtime has gotten better too. She lies down and chats to her dolls instead of bouncing up and down on her mattress. I think it must have been a phase. I did think about cutting her nap short but with the early rise AND late to sleep, I was worried that she wouldn't be getting enough sleep and that it would make her ill.

Booboo - your holiday pics on FB were fab, it looked like it was a nice temperature for L too. I've spoken to a few people recently who have said that their LO's woke at night for few years, which made me feel a bit better.

NH - Sorry to hear that L was poorly on holiday. LOL at you saying to Elizmac about how you bought no pink clothes for L - me too! I'm still not buying her pink clothes - which is quite tough. I put her in long sleeved t-shirts for nursery (things that she can get paint on). I buy them in a multipacks, but there is usually some sort of pink in the colour scheme. There are some nice non-pink clothes in mothercare at the moment. Oh, your house move fiasco sound hellish. bloody mortgage company, messing it up for you.

Anna - Aww, I'm pleased you liked the blanket. Yes, my mum is really good at them, and she loves doing them too. LOL at M gargling her milk! Did you go for Childcare vouchers? I've just used my first lot this month, so my wage packet will be less but so will my tax bill hehe! Re: your short holiday in France. Our days revolve around nap times too. I see how child free folk might not understand why it has to be that way, so your idea of a car to yourselves is a good one so you can please yourselves. Yay that M is chatting more - does she jabber much?

AFM - not much to report really. R is doing ok. As I said to Buzzbee, R bedtime has gotten better and I've blacked as much light as possible getting through the window, which seems to have helped.
I put up a gro blackout blind, a pair of blackout curtains (which weren't blackout at all, they were a bit rubbish, TBH) and I've put a blanket over the curtain pelmet to stop light getting in over the top of the curtains. She still wakes once at night but I think that its a habit that she might grow out of, as the waking is getting later and later. The staff at nursery tell me that she is the chattiest one there. She has started squealing when she gets frustrated. She used to say "help, stuck" when she needed some help because she couldn't get something bit now its turned into a squeal. And she's noisy too. I blame DH, because he does noisy play fighting with her, and I think she is copying him.

It has gone a bit quiet in here, hasn't it?! I do think its funny that all that time ago we started off talking about sleep, and we're still talking about sleep.

Bye everyone x

Sunday, May 19th 2013, 7:09pm

Hi all
Not much going on here no not much news. No sleep wars but food wars. I swear Ross would live on nothing but flipping Cheerios. Have got into annoying cycle of him refusing to eat a meal then screaming for snacks which I eventually give into as he's hungry then he doesn't eat his main meal. Oh well he's not starving but I spend ages cooking healthy stuff and he rarely eats it. Anyway there could be worse things!!

I'm still ill and coughing up chunks of muck from a cough then gagging and puking as my stomachs all squashed. Sigh. I have very little sympathy at work lol.

Chilli my dh and Ross play fight all the time and he races about going roar all the time. He's very noisy but still doesn't speak much. I've only just gotten him to make his animal noises!!

Rocky I'm sure once you've actually handed in your notice you will feel better about the decision although cant believe you want a third already. I'm rubbish at being pregnant and I've told dh no more.

Anna good luck for your fet start which is soon huh. Get the partying in quick!

Hi to everyone else. I'm shattered as we've been running about a local farm all afternoon so need a wee lay down!

I'll pop back later this evening.

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Sunday, May 19th 2013, 8:21pm

Hi All

It is quiet on here isn’t it? Tbh I am so tired once N has gone to bed (his bedtime is later now – between 7 and 7:30) that by the time I have eaten I just want to go to bed too so even though I read everyone’s posts I can’t be bothered typing one LOL!

Anna – sounds like you had a lovely time in France. GP’s can be annoying can’t they with their comments about how our LOs are? I always get – he’s warm, he’s thirsty, he’s this, he’s that blah blah blah and I’m like FFS!!! Oh and it annoys me too when people don’t respect that we have a routine with our LO and ideally I’d prefer to stick to it as it means a happier child. On holiday I was aware his routine would go out of the window a bit but I still liked to plan the day and time his nap based on when he woke up and what we had planned that evening. Great that M is saying more words. N does too but he will say something and then I don’t hear it again for days. He also hates me asking him to repeat stuff unless he is in the right mood. I always ask him to say please and he knows how to say it but will only say it when it suits him. I will tell my parents what words he has said and animal sounds he does but when I ask him in front of them he doesn’t say a thing LOL! They’re like are you sure he can talk LOL! I read somewhere that you shouldn’t treat your child like a performing seal but I want him to show people how he is getting on. Oh well, I’m sure he’ll never shut up soon. He jabbers a lot, talking in his own language and I wish I knew what he was saying but I can’t make it out at all. Wow great that you’re planning FET soon. How many frosties do you have and do you plan to have 1 or 2 transferred all being well? Did I see on FB that you’re going away to sunshine in a week or so? If so where to this time?

AG – have you settled into your house then? How is N’s sleeping while she is there? How is your mum? Oh no so you have sickness again with the pregnancy? It’s funny you say that because my friend in work is pregnant (about 28 weeks) and she was throwing up last week too. She asked me if it came back in my pregnancy and I was like well it didn’t when I was pregnant with N. Can you get sickness again?

Rocky – wow to you handing your notice in! How exciting. Could you manage on DP’s wage and possibly having another child if she does FET? There is no way we could afford a 3rd child, even with DH and I working. We earn good salaries but we would be on a really tight budget if we had a third, plus I find having N hard work and am anxious about having a 2nd. I have told DH that I want to go on the pill if our daughter arrives safely as I don’t want to risk another natural pregnancy. Which baths did you go to? Have you been to Wally Walrus at Hyde? They do it on a Saturday morning. We should sort going one weekend or on a Wednesday if you will soon be no longer working J

Chilli – so when R wakes up in the night is she crying for you? And that is when you go in her room to reassure her? N goes to bed fine but every night for the past couple of months he wakes up screaming for DH or I and won’t settle unless we are with him. We don’t pick him up every time, we just sit by his bed and hold his hand or stroke his head and eventually (but can take up to an hour) he lies back down and falls back to sleep. Once he is asleep we can leave his room and go back to our own bed and thankfully up to now that it is until he wakes up in the morning although I am dreading it if he wakes up twice or more in the night screaming as once is wearing me down. I tried controlled crying the other night but failed miserably, purely because I find it too distressing hearing him scream and can’t ignore him. I won’t be bothering with that again and would rather go in and reassure him. Hopefully he will grow out of this phase – I hope! I keep meaning to sort through N’s clothes so your mum can make me a blanket. Now I know I am having a girl I know I won’t need to keep his clothes so plan to sort through them soon and decide which ones would make a nice patchwork blanket. LOL at R play fighting with your DH. N loves play fighting with DH. They roll around the floor diving on top of each other. LOL yes sleep does seem to be the one thing that remains in this thread doesn’t it? To be fair N was a pretty good sleeper for about a year and slept through most nights, it’s only been since March that he has started waking screaming in the night. I just hope it gets better when we can communicate with him better.

Liz – DH annoys me sometimes as he offers N’s snacks, not always healthy, just before his meal times and I’m like stop it he won’t eat his proper food. Today he was offering him some sweets about half an hour before I his spag bol! Saying that though he still wolfed down his tea LOL! Ewww to the coughing up chunks of muck, that would make me heave too. Hope you’re better soon.

Hi to everyone else. Well it took me ages to write this and I’m shattered so not really gonna say much else plus said most of it above. N’s sleep is still rubbish but we have found a method that works in settling him back to sleep, even though it can mean an hour of being awake in the middle of the night. It suits us better though than leaving him to cry. Plus he hasn’t been in our bed for ages. I know he would probably cry less and it would take less time if we brought him in our bed as soon as he cried but it won’t be good when the baby is here although I can see it being that I sleep in our room with the girl and DH sleeps in N’s room with him. As long as we get some sleep though I don’t really care LOL!

Night all xxx

What's Up?
(",)

Sunday, May 19th 2013, 9:21pm

Buzzbee - Drop my mum a message on her Facebook page when you've got your clothes together, she'll let you know her address so you can send them to her. I think her waiting list is pretty short at the moment. She hasn't started her summer fairs yet.

When R wakes at night, she is just crying like "waaah!" rather than saying mummy or daddy. And she stands up aswell. I think she does this out of habit though, and am not sure that she is fully awake when she is doing it. I go in, give her a pat and a hand to lie back down (so she doesn't bump her head) and she goes back to sleep. Sometimes I'll pick her up and put her into bed with me, if I've got it in my head that I can get more sleep that way. Sometimes she sleeps better in her cot, sometimes not. There's just no telling! To be honest, like you say, my priority is getting as much sleep as possible as I'm working full time. There are no lie-ins at weekends either, not with my noisy DH!

Sunday, May 19th 2013, 9:30pm

Was just chuckling thinking that these sleep issues are efficient contraception. But obviously not buzbee lol!!

8 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

8 guests