• "cheenab" started this thread

Reg: May 27th 2009

Children: 3 gorgeous boys Zachary, Finley and Teddy <3

What's Up?
Couldn't be any happier :D

Tuesday, May 21st 2013, 10:25pm

Sterilising bottles

I couldn't find another thread on this,
Just wondering at what stage after your LO's turned one did you stop sterilising there bottles?
Everyone keeps telling me I don't have to anymore, DS is nearly 13months. I just don't want to stop and he end up poorly etc because I'm not sterilising them anymore?
How do you do it? Just wash up as normal, rinse then let them dry? Then just pour cows milk in at bottle time?
Sorry, I feel so clueless!!! ;)
FET August 2011-1 Blastocyst onboard :BFP:
Zachary William born on 27/4/12 at 10.12am weighing 6lb 12oz
Shock natural BFP 15/3/15 :faint:
Finley Thomas born on 5/11/15 at 9.39am 7lb 14oz
Another shock natural BFP 6/8/16
Teddy George born on 30/3/17 at 4.34pm 7lb 9oz

Turkey

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: 1 boy, 1 girl

Tuesday, May 21st 2013, 11:39pm

Hi Cheenab, we stopped sterilising when my DS was 1,just washed them in hot soapy water and rinsed out,left them to dry off and poured the cow's milk in and that was it! So much easier when your not having to faff around washing & sterilising. I didn't wash them with the other dishes though I don't them on their own,then would wash the rest of the dishes if there was any needing done x

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Wednesday, May 22nd 2013, 7:21am

Hi Chennab I did the same as B2b. Some people may also tell you that after 1 they should be drinking milk from a cup rather than bottle. One of my friends got her LO to switch straight away but in general it's can be a challenge. The reason suggested is for their speech development and alignment of teeth, but really I think the main thing is that he's not walking round with bottles juice hanging out of his mouth all day!! I have only mentioned it so you know before anyone else mentions it and II dont want youth worry!!? DS was about 20 months when we finally made the switch to cups!x

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

cheenab

• "cheenab" started this thread

Reg: May 27th 2009

Children: 3 gorgeous boys Zachary, Finley and Teddy <3

What's Up?
Couldn't be any happier :D

Thursday, May 23rd 2013, 9:37am

Thanks ladies :)

Didn't sterilise last night so fingers crossed no poorly tummy today!!!
Washed them all as normal in there own bowl rinse and just put them in the steriliser but didn't put it on!!!
Jasper I managed to get him to have his lunchtime milk yesterday in a beaker, he managed it ok so going to carry on with the lunchtime one for a few days then introduce it to his morning and night one also xx
FET August 2011-1 Blastocyst onboard :BFP:
Zachary William born on 27/4/12 at 10.12am weighing 6lb 12oz
Shock natural BFP 15/3/15 :faint:
Finley Thomas born on 5/11/15 at 9.39am 7lb 14oz
Another shock natural BFP 6/8/16
Teddy George born on 30/3/17 at 4.34pm 7lb 9oz

Scarlett

Superstar

Reg: Oct 23rd 2007

Children: William aged 3

Thursday, May 23rd 2013, 10:01am

I felt a bit strange when I stopped sterilising William's things too (just after he was one) but he was fine of course - I reasoned that what he picked up off the floor after grubbing it about and stuck in his mouth had to be WAY more risky than hand washed items! :snigger: He never took to a cup or beaker at all and I bought half a dozen different types and styles. Instead he liked the ones with built in straws and had those until quite recently.

You're doing really well hon xxx

nn
1st IVF July 2008 BFN
2nd IVF Nov 2008 BFN
3rd DE IVF July 2009 BFP!
4th DE IVFJan 2012 BFN

5th FET April 2012 BFN

Reg: Nov 19th 2009

Children: TWIN GIRLS BORN 22/02/11

Thursday, May 23rd 2013, 1:17pm

Hi cheenab,
I stopped sterilising the twins bottles at 10 months old. Just gave them a good wash with hot soapy water and a rinse. I made the gradual switch from bottles to cup and they were off the bottles completely at about 14 months.

Dont worry too much about germs, or the bottles not bein clean enough. As long as you give the teet a good clean inside you'll be fine! xx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE