You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: May 28th 2009

Tuesday, September 17th 2013, 3:23pm

Hi Rocky - gosh it is dead on here now! Glad that things are going okay for you. But I really feel for your DP. I have a bit of an unsympathetic boss and it can really make things hard!

Happy birthday Edie!

Understandably it's quiet on here with all the new mums and you others with #2. I have days where I feel very down about not being able to afford to go through treatment again and after 2 years of trying for a natural miracle, I have given up hope of that as well. Still Lily is a dream and the light of my life, so I'm never down for long.

And I saw on Facebook that Elizmac's little girl has arrived. So congratulations!!!

AFM, life is so busy at the moment. With job satisfaction at an all-time low, I have been searching for a new job and have been offered a really good job that is well paid and closer to home. Only issue is that I have to go back to full-time employment. I love my Mondays off so that Lily and I have some quality 1-2-1 time but at £15k extra a year, and a step up on the career ladder, I just couldn't say no. I hope, once in position, that there might be some flexibility. Anyway, at the moment, I am working my two month's notice and will start in the new position in November.

As said above, Lily is a dream and nothing to complain about. We have brief moments of me thinking that the terrible twos has finally come but then it's over quicker than it started and I forget about it. Although my whole life has turned into a series of negotiations, threats and comparisons. Such as:
"If you eat this, then you can have pudding"
"If you don't put your toys away then I am going to take them away and you won't be able to play with them"
"Can you brush your teeth like a good girl, just like Peppa Pig does?"

Anyway best get back to work. Hope everyone is fit and well.

Reg: Aug 12th 2010

What's Up?
(",)

Tuesday, September 17th 2013, 11:19pm

Hi all, yes it is very quiet on here. I'm mad busy, so I reckon y'all are too. Nice to catch up on Facebook though. Rocky, you're not on there are you? If you reconsider or find time (I know! that's a rare thing!) it'd be good to see you there. Happy Birthday Edie. Can't believe that has gone so quickly! Sorry to hear that your DP is having a bad time at work. Can she look for something else?

Buzzbee and Elizmac - congratulations on the arrival of your little ladies xxx I'm a bit envious, I must admit. I'd like to do it all again, if I was younger and richer. Having said that, I'm so happy that I'm R's mum, I wouldn't want to change anything.

NH - Glad you've found a new job. I work full time and I've struggled with it because I miss R so much. I'm doing it so that in a few years time I can be in a position to work for myself again and have school holidays off with R. I still miss her though - it's hard playing the long game, but it'll hopefully pay off.

R is awesome, just awesome. She's not potty trained properly yet but knows what to do on the loo and I think she is learning to wee to order lol! Maybe the chocolate buttons as potty treats worked. My MIL has her one day a week and she took her out of the house in knickers (no nappies) and said there were no accidents. I think MIL thought that we were doing the same. DH and I looked at each other aghast when she said R wasn't wearing a nappy. Nothing like a bit of Russian Roulette! I might pack the bag full of spare clothes and do the same myself this weekend. I don't want to miss my window of opportunity to get her properly trained if you know what I mean.

I'm going to hold off on writing my usual essay, I was awake at 5am this morning for no reason I can think of, waiting for the alarm to go off. Grrr.

Hi Booboo, Anna, AG and everyone else xxx
Aug/Sept 2010 ICSI :BFP: :girl:

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Wednesday, September 18th 2013, 12:13pm

Hi all,

Chilli - nice to hear from you. Yes I am on FB but not under my real name and I don't do anything on it - was just purely as the mum's group that I meet with arrange when and where to meet through messaging. So I'm happy to add you all as friends so I can see what you're all up to but you won't see much in the way of updates from me on there. Plus I don't know how to do it. Recently added Buzzbee as she managed to find me.

NH - big congratulations on your new job - I know you've not been happy for a while so it's great that you will have a fresh start. Could you not afford more treatment with your salary increase now?

Anyway, a little news here.....DP did FET at the end of summer and has had a positive result. So very early days but possibly no3 on the way. Wouldn't normally tell so soon but doesn't matter on here does it. Not rubbing it in BTW - thought I would mention as both NH and Chilli - you both mentioned wanting another and feeling down sometimes. Well, I also share how you feel. Even though I love Edie like she's mine (and will the new one), it isn't the same of course. So the reason why DP has done it so soon is because she is 40 and we thought that if it didn't work, I could try again before I turn 40. But now that's the end of it for me. As we definitely wouldn't want 4 children. So I am happy that there will be a new baby in the house again. But....dare I say it.....I am quite envious of DP and feel really sad that I'll never experience it again with a child that is genetically mine. I'm probably just being silly and should be grateful that I managed to have the experience with Harry. The sad fact is that DP would not have tried again if she had not had a blastie on ice so it's a shame that it wasn't the other way round. So now she is worried about the effect of all the stress she is having at work on the baby. They are really being horrible to her - in fact, it's bullying what's going on and she has had to get the union in. So it's really not been a good start back for her. The plan now is to try and get through the coming months until she can go on mat leave and then she will either find another job and not go back or she will go back for the 13 weeks so as to not pay the mat pay back. On the plus side, we have almost sold the bungalow - it is going through at the moment. So that will ease things financially for a while. But goodness knows what's going to happen with DP's job. I'm also quite frustrated that I've given my job up now DP's in this situation (with work not the pregnancy) as I might end up having to look for a job - which I certainly wasn't expecting to do. I'm sure things will work out though.

Elizmac - congratulations!! If your reading...which I'm sure your not with a newborn!! Hope it's all going well x

Anyway, that's all the news I have. Things still going OK at home. It's difficult to keep them both occupied sometimes - especially when the weather is bad. They are both being very fussy about their food just now and the only things that are guaranteed for harry to eat at tea time are fish fingers or a chicken leg. Hope you're all well ladies xx

Thursday, September 19th 2013, 12:01am

It's VERY quiet on here! I'm always thinking of you all, but with two don't often get time to post! It's wonderful, but very, very busy and I am one of these people who can't say no, so for instance tonight I've been baking and decorating a birthday cake fairly elaborately!

Rocky - lovely news on news of number 3 - that is wonderful news! After we had A we both felt that our family was complete, but now we aren't so sure and I don't know that I can let our 3 frozen embryos be destroyed. We have until December 2015 to use them, so time to think it all through and we won't be rushing. PM me your Facebook details and I will add you!

Chili - good to hear from you lovely! Sounds like you are a step ahead of me with the potty training. I feel I need to start something! Think I will have to bribe with lollipops as N isn't keen on chocolate!

NH - congratulations on the new job! Sounds great! I understand the whole terrible twos thing! N is such a sweetie but if I ask her to do something, sometimes she will look at me as if to say - make me! They say girls are worse! I just hope I'm dealing with it ok! She's great on the whole and so good with her brother, which is the main thing! You never know RE natural miracle. Fingers crossed for you.

All is good with us, just VERY busy! Loving life and all that comes with it though! A is a darling! He's smiling, cooing and a lot more alert now. I just love my little boy so much! And my little girl - feeling utterly blessed. His reflux is easing, although he's still on gaviscon 6 times a day and gripe water too. Now I know what some of you lovely ladies were going through! Bet you felt like kicking me in the teeth when I said I had a dream baby! N really was, but we've really had our lack of sleep with A! DH and I have had our worst barnies at 3am with 2 kids up! N has been a bit unsettled since moving into her big bed, so has been up a few times in the night, the odd night. Hoping it settles again! A sleeping from 7-midnight now, then generally up around 3 and then again at 7 ish, so a lot better than being up every 2nd hour!

Congratulations Liz and hello to everyone else! Xxx

Reg: Dec 6th 2010

Thursday, September 19th 2013, 12:40pm

Hi!! Yes baby here!! I must admit I was a bit aware some of you were trying snd felt a bit awkward coming on and announcing things. You are all on Facebook anyhow.

She's a sleepy delight just now. Most unlike Ross so am waiting for the tide to turn lol!!

Will pop back but off to escape the house after my four day hospital incarceration.

Friday, September 20th 2013, 2:15pm

Any advice would be much appreciated! N is a bit of a nightmare at nap/bed time just now and if she settles well at bedtime, sometimes she's up for a good couple of hours in the middle of the night! She's always been an AMAZING sleeper, so not sure what is wrong or how to fix it! She's got 4 teeth coming through and has recently moved into a big bed, which I'm thinking is probably part of the problem, but I feel that she is getting into bad habits too. It's been an hour and she's still not asleep for her nap! If she doesn't nap,she doesn't sleep so well at night, so I think she still needs the naps. Any ideas?!

Congratulations Liz!

Friday, September 20th 2013, 3:25pm

AG - not much I can advise really. Are you sure she still needs her nap? How long does she nap for? Maybe she needs a shorter nap now. Harry went through a phase of being a pain at bedtime so I cut his nap and then after a few days he started falling asleep at T time (too late) so I realised he does need a nap. Then I started waking him after 30mins and it made things a lot better. Now he generally has 30mis-1hr and I don't tend to wake him unless he goes longer than 1 hr. It has helped. But just recently he is resisting his nap some days. I found that the effort to get him to nap wasn't worth the nap so some days he skips a nap. I try not to let him do it for too many days on the run though as I don't want him to get too tired. He seems fine though and does have 30mins most days. So when he starts playing up at bedtime I try to limit his nap a bit the next day and it usually sorts him out.
Having said that, I think they are at the age now where they do become more difficult at bedtime as they just don't get as tired as when they were younger. Teething will definitely be contributing and the big bed may....sorry can't be of any more help as Harry has always been a pain with sleep. Although FINALLY he is quite a good sleeper now. Just wakes some nights and I put it down to teething or a bad dream. Hope you get some decent sleep soon x
Think I am now friends with you all on FB. Like I said I don't really do anything on there. But I will try and put some updated photo's of Harry on when I get round to it so you can all see what he's like now x

Saturday, September 21st 2013, 8:27am

Thanks Rocky! I do still think she needs her nap, but somedays she visibly needs it and others she doesnt! Eventually she fell asleep yesterday, then I had to wake her as we had a play date and I've never let her sleep past 3. She was grumpy for the rest of the day!! Fortunately there were no settling or waking issues. She went down well and she slept all night. I'm thinking it has to be teeth related. 4 teeth can't be very nice! She's been quite clingy at our toddlers and anything we go to as well, which is very unusual! Usually she bounds in, not looking back! Infact we all slept fairly well last night! A slept from 9-3 and then was up at breakfast time, so he's getting into a good routine too! I couldn't have survived on 2/3 hours sleep much longer!!

Saturday, September 21st 2013, 1:50pm

AG. Ross had 2 incisors and 4 back molars coming through last month and was a complete nightmare!! Hours to settle and up for 1-2 hours each night. I ended up filling him full of calpol and brufen just to see if it helped. Out cold in 20 min. I put him to bed with a teething ring and he's been ok last couple of weeks bar a few mummy not here meltdowns last week!!

What's Up?
(",)

Saturday, September 21st 2013, 10:36pm

Sorry AG, can't help with naps as the only way I can get R to sleep is in the car. I still have to plan my journeys around her nap time. She'll lay down on a bed and go to sleep a treat in nursery, but has to be absolutely shattered (and therefore super grumpy) to sleep on the bed at home. When her back molars were coming through, she had the worst acidic nappies ever and the nappy rash took ages to clear. So they caused a lot of trouble. I hope that N's unsettledness is just a temporary thing that clears up as soon as the teeth appear. Glad you got some sleep...funny, isn't it, when you hear yourself saying how thrilled to bits you are at getting 6hrs sleep - compared to 2 or 3hrs, it's at least twice as much! Have you got a bed rail for N's bed?

So AG and Liz, you've each got a newbie who is the opposite of your first...lol!

Rocky - Huge congrats for your DP, what a surprise! Work sounds a bloody awful situation for your DP. Am I right in thinking she went back to work full time? I think you found me first on Facebook. My pics of R are out of date too. She was so easy to photograph as a baby, but then she started being able to move around more and then all my photos were of the side of her head. Or her trying to grab the camera. Hmmm...four young children, yes, that would be quite something.

NH - meant to say in my last post, I know exactly what you mean about bargaining, threatening and comparing. And I also know the meaning of the phrase "you pick your battles".

I bit the bullet today and took R out in knickers, rather than a nappy. Blimey, it's a whole new level of anxiety! We were out most of the day, so I put the potty in a plastic bag underneath the buggy, and a folded towel on the car seat. I took her to the loo every hour and there were no accidents. I put a nappy on her at nap time explaining why, and that was ok too. Wee is not the problem, she can wee every time she goes on the potty / loo. But I'm not so sure about poo. From 4pm I thought "she's going to go soon", so kept asking her. But nothing. The last few days, she's had more poo accidents than wee accidents, so I'm keen to get this sorted. Ever so sorry about the topic of conversation lol! I'm hoping that you all won't mind much :-D This might be TMI but I thought it might be funny to share - I no longer get to go to the loo on my own. R today said to me in the bathroom "that's a good wee mummy".

Night all x

Saturday, September 21st 2013, 11:07pm

Chilli - I am almost getting used to going to the toilet in public with lily. For example, she needed to use the loo when we were in next. So we went in, did her business and whilst there I thought I would go too.

"Mummy? Are you doing a poo? Poo-wee!!!" She exclaims in a loud voice. Chuckles can be heard outside the stall. For the record I was not doing a poo!

Or the time she decided she didn't want to wait for me to finish going to the toilet and opened the stall when I was in mid flow!!!

We have a bit of an issue with poos. She only does them at home. Refuses to go at the childminders. So Tuesday to Friday, no poos at all. Then by Friday evening, can't hold it in, and then at least one a day over the weekend and then goes straight back to withholding from Tuesday!! Not sure how to break that habit. I have talked to the childminder about it but this has been going on from week one of potty training.

I need to start biting the bullet and not put her into pullups at night. They say once they can have three nights in a row dry, to do it. Lily can have five nights dry, then two nights wet, then three nights dry, then one night wet. If she wakes in the middle of the night she calls out to go to the toilet. Other nights she will sleep through and wake up dry. Don't know whether to wait or just take the pullups off. Must admit, I like my sleep, so am being lazy at the moment. She doesn't nap, but when she falls asleep in the car, she doesn't wake up wet.

AG - sorry no advice here. Lily dropped her nap before she was two. Sounds like teeth to me.

Elizmac - how are you and how are you coping? Was the birth okay?

Rocky - congrats to you and your DP. What a full house you will have soon!

Hi to everyone else.

Well Lily has hand foot and mouth. Apart from the rash, she is absolutely fine. I have, typically, got it off her. I have it all in the back of my mouth, but no rash on my body, although my hands and feet ache like I have arthritis. Apart from the sore throat, I feel like I have a bad cold. So it's not too bad, just a bit rubbish at the moment.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. We are breaking quarantine tomorrow and going to a wildlife park. Oops! I'll be sure to stay away from others and lily won't be allowed in any soft play area. Have a good Sunday ladies.

Sunday, September 22nd 2013, 7:21pm

Hi

Chilli good on R with the potty. My childminder had started putting Ross on the potty but I had to tell her not too. Not going to go running to find toilets for him and a newborn!!

NH. Birth was awful. Spent trhree days waiting on a bed in labour ward after getting pessary 48 hrs after waters broke. Eventually got bed they were going to break my forewaters which were intact but they said they were broken already snd started the syntocin drip well it got to maximum and still no contractions. Eventually massive pop. Membranes broke crazy contractions given the drip. She got distressed as no break in them. But as drip still on max I dilated up in 40 min and I had to push her out fast as they were threatening ventouse. Anyway cord was round neck hence distress. But all fine in the end at least it was fast!!

NH don't worry about hand foot mouth quarantine. The schools and nurseries don't even refuse them most places!!

Rocky. Found you on Facebook!!!

Sunday, September 22nd 2013, 9:50pm

Liz - what a nightmare! So pleased all ended well and you have a little angel! It's def teeth, poor wee mite is really not herself. We had no bother with the other teeth, but these are a lot of big ones coming at once. We're on calpol, ibu and teething gels and powders! A is sleeping much better - 9-4:45 last night and then until 7! Hoping he keeps it up. He's gavisconed to the max. How. Are things with little E?

Chilli - well done R with the loo training! I'm a bit scared to try, like Liz I'm holding off a bit having a newborn! Soon I think we have to or the moment will have passed for her!

NH - hope you had fun at the wildlife park! Sounds great! Xx

Sunday, September 22nd 2013, 9:51pm

Oh dear Elizmac!! I thought the whole birthing experience was meant ot get easier the more you do it! Glad it all worked out in the end though. How is she sleeping? Or, more importnatly, how are you sleeping? How is Ross with his little sister? Can't believe the childminder started potty training him, surely that crosses a line?!

Sunday, September 22nd 2013, 10:14pm

Elizmac - what have you called her? You've probably said on FB but I'm not very good at using that. I have just added 6 photo's - not great ones as I couldn't manage to do it very well! You birth doesn't sound so good but at least it was fast! How's it all going with 2 of them. Has Ross taken to her?

NH - glad you're all feeling a bit better!

AG - sounds like the sleep is improving. Harry had an afternoon nap first time in about 1 year today (as well as morning). He is really ill poor thing. He has this barking cough ad was quite poorly in the night. I was worried as one of his friends had croup last week and I googled it. Anyway I think he is improving and will see how he is tomorrow.

Chilli - well done with the potty training. How is R's sleep these days? Yes DP has gone back full time s she had no other option. It's just been awful so far though so I don't think she'll stick it long - well only to benefit from the mat pay. She's even worried about time off as she needs to have an early scan at clinic, 12 week scan and also a MW appointment - all in school time. he hadn't wanted to tell them until after 12 week scan but think she might have to s they're going to be awkward with her.

Buzzbee - hope you're managing to get some sleep x

well we're all ill. As I said above Harry is quite ill and DP is really ill with an awful sore throat and feels like death. Me and Edie seem to be getting a bit under the weather as well so we're probably in for a difficult week. Hope you lot are all OK and that new babies are sleeping a bit xx

Sunday, September 22nd 2013, 10:23pm

Oh and what did she weigh Elizmac? x

Monday, September 23rd 2013, 12:11pm

Rocky. Called, eve arianne. 8 lb 2. I fear if left to her own devices she would still be inside!!!

Hope you feel better soon!!

Buzzbee

• "Buzzbee" started this thread

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Monday, September 23rd 2013, 12:41pm

Hi everyone

Hope you're all well. Sorry not posted much on here. As you can imagine life is even busier now but when I do post I have been chatting in the new parent thread as it's amazing how much you forget!

AG - N still has one nap a day around 12pm, depending what time he wakes. We don't like to let him sleep past 1:30pm otherwise it makes his bedtime later and we like to have some of the evening - well we now have Isabella awake with us lol. Hope the teething passes soon for Norah. Oh and like you DH and I have had our worse barnies too due to lack of sleep - he is a lot more grumpy than me on little sleep.

Chilli - well done to R mastering potty training almost. What were the signs you knew she was ready? N always tells me when he has had a poo - even when he hasn't LOL! It's always after too so not quite ready to try it yet but when we do I think we will skip the potty and go straight to the toilet. LOL at R saying that's a good wee mummy. Children come out with such funny innocent things don't they?

NH - I laughed too at L saying that in the public toilet. Hilarious. Hope the HFMD clears soon. N had it too a while back and it was horrible, moreso the ugly rash. Great news on the job. I must admit I am not looking forward to going back to a 5 day week but thankfully it won't be for at least a couple of years or so. Did you have fun at the Wildlife Park?

Rocky - oh dear. I was going to suggest meeting up later this week but if you're all ill I think I'll keep away LOL! I have the car next week though so hopefully we can meet up then - I can come to you again as N will be in nursery so just me and DD who is easier to get around than a toddler and a 1 year old eh?!

Liz - hope you're OK and the colds clear soon.

AFM - well life with 2 is certainly much harder but I wouldn't change it for the world. N has taken to his little sister quite well I think. Every morning when he sees her he says hello baby. It's so cute and he always wants to kiss her.

N himself is such a lovely happy child. I do feel quite proud of myself I must admit as he just brings a smile to everyone he meets. I must be doing something right as a parent! Yes he has the occasional tantrum where he throws himself on the floor if he can't get his own way but we just ignore him and he soon comes round and forgets what he is whinging about. I do hope he stays like this LOL! People keep telling me when you have 2 children 1 is good and the other isn't so good so I fear that means DD won't be as good but I hope with the same parenting and loving home life she will be good - I can hope! My mum tells me that I was always whinging whereas my brother was always happy LOL!

Anyway best go as DD is napping and I have chores to do!

xx
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Tuesday, September 24th 2013, 2:24pm

Elizmac - that's a lovely name. Good weight as well. The birth sounds a bit traumatic though. At least it's over now and you can just enjoy her. How are things going? Is she better than Ross was at this age?

Buzzbee - yes, best to leave it till next week. Think we'll all be OK by then. It's difficult this week as Harry keeps perking up and then all of a sudden he's under the weather again. Not helped by the fact that he won't have a nap. Yesterday I couldn't stop him falling asleep at 5.30pm he was so tired. And then I woke him after 15mins as I knew he would be difficult at bedtime. Today, I decided to go out in the car to get him to sleep (just half an hour ago). Anyway, he fell asleep and then I managed to wake him after 10 mins which wasn't intentional and now he won't go back to sleep and is grumpy. Edie, however has fallen asleep and it's the wrong time for her nap. I just can't seem to do right for wrong!!

Think Harry might be getting ready to drop his nap - unless it's just because he's ill?? God, it's the only peace I get so hoping it's not the case. Other than naps, all is OK here - just getting over colds etc. Hope you're all OK xx

What's Up?
(",)

Tuesday, September 24th 2013, 10:14pm

NH - :teehee: at L's loo cubicle questions! Poo issues...hmmm, that sounds like a tough one. R calls everything wee, and I don't think she recognises it in time or knows how to hold on...for either. Cleaning up a poo accident from clothes and child is far worse than changing a pooey nappy. Re night time dryness - I wonder about that dry for three nights "rule" you mention. It's not as if they know exactly what they're doing when they're sleeping, so the conscious action of stopping herself may not be possible. What made you choose pull ups rather than nappies? I've got a full, big pack of nappies, so was going to use those before switching to pull ups.

Buzzbee - A few months ago, R was telling me that she wanted her nappy changing when she had a poo, or first thing in the morning, so I started to chat about what big children do in the toilet. I used to sit her on the potty to read stories and watch videos, then give her a chocolate button when she had a wee. When she began to understand weeing on the potty, I stopped putting nappies on at home (and stopped the chocolate buttons too!). Last week, R began to ask me to put a nappy on, and I began to think that if I didn't stop nappies soon, she'd begin to rely on them. So despite not feeling as if I was ready, I stopped nappies for daytimes and there's no going back now! R wasn't keen on sitting on the potty at first, so we got her a toilet seat insert and a step instead. Now she will choose where she wants to go...usually asking for the one she isn't using after 10 seconds! Nursery are helping too. They take her every hour, and she's getting the hang of it...well, everything but poo. Lovely to hear that N is getting on well. And that you've managed to give BF a go. I remember that you said you wanted to.

Rocky - R's sleep has gotten better now. She will sleep through most nights, and take herself back to sleep if she wakes early. Good to hear that H is also getting better at sleeping. It took them both long enough didn't it?! Last week she had short 30mins naps, and this week, she is having long 1hr 20m naps. I see it changing so often but also, like you say, worry that short naps is a sign of dropping them altogether. Love the pics on FB. I hope the union rep can help your DP out. Sorry to hear that you're all poorly, hope it shifts soon.

Liz - phew, what a birth story. I saw your FB comment that you were told that you were expecting a "baby mammoth"! Good to hear that she was healthily normal.

AG - Have N's teeth made an appearance yet?

Wednesday, September 25th 2013, 11:38am

I'm still putting off potty training. Can't face it yet!! Ross just runs about clutching his bum or boy bits shouting poo or willy!! Weeee is for the swing and slides lol!

Yes chilli the consultant scanned me and winced and said ooh she's going to be a big one!! I mean not helpful huh!!!

Rocky. Eve is an angel compared to Ross. Well currently bi remember Ross was ok for two weeks till he woke up!! Baited breath!! Just now she's only waking up once a night for feeds and 3-4 hourly in the day!! It's nuts. Keep waiting for disaster. I'm loving her and really glad as I never really got any niceness with Ross as he was so horrid and even in that first two weeks he needed fed every 2-3 hours night and day. Maybe that extra two weeks and extra pound was worth the wait!!

Parents gone home today and as nice as it was having the help with Ross I just want a not of peace. Ive not had a day alone with my dh yet and he goes back to work Monday!! Boo
Hello everyone else. I'm off to make some coffee and have a biscuit. Diet starts after a month of scoffing!!

Thursday, September 26th 2013, 10:54am

What made you choose pull ups rather than nappies?

Hi Chilli - pullups are thinner, and have a more wet feel to it. I don't refer to them as nappies, but call them 'bedtime pants'. I am going to just bite the bullet once the current supply runs out and just leave her in pants. She wakes up at night calling out to be taken to the toilet, so I am pretty sure she will be fine.

A tip I have heard is that you make the bed up (with a bed pad under the sheet) and then put another bed pad on and then another sheet on top. That way if they wet the bed you just take one layer off and you have a made up bed underneath.

Oh and Lily only used a potty at home for about a week and then went to the toilet. I couldn't be bothered with all the faffing with cleaning out a potty every time.

Saturday, September 28th 2013, 1:32am

NH - Norah has been in pull ups since she was about 10 months old!! She was such a wriggler that I found it much easier. Not sure about tackling the potty training! I keep putting it off! I've bought training pants for her, which we will just call pants. They are I suppose a bit like real nappies, but pants with an inbuilt liner in them.

Liz - N was like that, you just have a good sleeping baby! I wondered when the waking up would happen with A and I'd say he was 12 weeks! He's a sleepy boy, even though he woke every 2/3 hours to be fed. That only passed very recently (he's now 15 weeks) and he Will now go 6 hours, although we had a nightmare yesterday -screamed and i mean screamed on and off from 5:00 until midnight! He was sore. He's been a shocker for us as N was so textbook with everything! Poor wee man is just suffering. Hope it passes. Enjoy your little darling.

Buzzbee - All 4 teeth have cut through - poor soul! I feel all I do in this house is give medications! She's really struggled with it. All the rest were no trouble!

All else is well. I was out for dinner tonight with friends, which was a tonic! My belly hurts from laughing! N is being a monkey. She just laughs when she is being told off and is doing stuff for attention. I'm trying to stay calm and be consistent, but its hard! A when not in pain is a delight! So chilled out and contented. N was SOOO different to him. SHe was alert super early and it was a struggle to get her to nap as she didn't want to miss anything. That's her now - she's sociable, adventurous and outgoing. A sleeps for Scotland and is alert, but in a chilled way! He is so smily. My heart melted and my eyes filled with tears today as A acknowledged N properly for the first time. He's always looking at her, but it was like they were communicating non-verbally! They were both sitting on the couch just totally grinning and smiling at each other. It was so lovely to see.

Knackered and I should be sleeping! Xxx

What's Up?
(",)

Tuesday, October 1st 2013, 12:06am

NH - I was chatting to the nursery staff about how R won't say when she needs to poo. She listedLOADS of problems kids poops and said that some kids wint go at all while they're there.

What's Up?
(",)

Tuesday, October 1st 2013, 12:07am

The forums clocks are running fast, it only 11.45.pm. only...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "chillimint" (Oct 1st 2013, 12:09am)

Tuesday, October 8th 2013, 9:24am

Hey all,

Just a quick one. Edie has had croup and ended up being admitted to hospital after out of hrs GP failed to diagnose. She was quite bad with her breathing and it was a worry. She's fine now though thanks to the steroids. So DP had the week off work as the hospital said she could not be distressed as it would make her breathing worse. Don't think that will have gone down well at DP's work. She has applied for another job - in a really crappy school that she doesn't want - but wants to get away from where she is. So we'll have to wait and see if she gets an interview. We're worried about her being pregnant though as if she was to get the job would that be unfair on the new school? I keep thinking that it would be discrimination if she weren't able to go for the job but then it wouldn't be a good start when they found out she would be going on mat leave soon would it?
Really busy with the kids everyday. Sometimes it's difficult to keep them occupied and happy - but I am enjoying being with them at home and glad I made the decision to leave my job. DP had the early scan and everything was fine. We are going to look at a new car at weekend - a grand scenic. Didn't really want such a big car but I think it's necessary with 3 kids for fitting the car seats in. Anyone had any experiences with one or know anyone that has one? It has 3 isofix points across the back which is what we want ideally.
Anyway, hope you're all well and those of you with young ba ba's managing to sleep and stay sane!! Sorry for all about me post! xxx

Reg: Jul 21st 2009

Children: 2 angels watching over us & our precious DD Scarlett Leigh <3

Tuesday, October 8th 2013, 12:56pm

Hey all, hope you don't mind me intruding?
I need places to still come to now if thats okay? :whistling:

Recognise a few of you from my long journey on here for many years... NH ;) ::P

Little update about me... I finally had a gorgeous baby girl Scarlett Leigh ... She is nearly 9 months old now (8 o) : D
She was 8lb2oz at birth (which was extremely fast) ... Once she decided she was coming there was no stopping her - however this caused me alot of damage which I have JUST been discharged for today! :S 8|

She is already doing most things, i.e... standing, climbing, crawling, sitting, babbling and understanding words... She's just started clapping now and again and dancing to songs :heart:

Don't get me wrong she is bloody hard work!! But she is my piece of hard work ;) ::P
And I have now returned to work part time :rollseyes:
April 12 - IVF - :BFP:

Sept 18 - Here we go again! ICSI this time

Tuesday, October 8th 2013, 1:49pm

Hi Amy!

Welcome and great to catch up and see how your story has continued. Scarlett Leigh - what a lovely name. Glad that all is going well.

Rocky - your DP can not be discriminated against - that goes against the Equalities Act 2000.

Not much to report here. Lily is a dream and work is a nightmare as I work to try and finish all my projects here before I go on to the new job. And I am currently doing a management qualification, so after a hectic day, it's home to study and write up assignments. Nightmare. Still a little short-term pain for long-term gain....

Sorry for the rubbish update! I'm at work and snowed under with work but wanted to welcome Amy to the thread.

Wednesday, October 16th 2013, 7:50pm

Hi all,

Just wanted to ask a bit of advice....Harry and Edie just seem to eat next to nothing. Well, actually they do eat plenty of bits and pieces like toast/malt loaf etc through the day but won't eat proper meals. I've tried cutting the snacks with no effect. I'm worried that they are not getting enough nutrition. Harry will eat fish fingers or real fish at tea time but not much else and they both have Weetabix for breakfast or sometimes cornflakes. But they don't seem to like having a varied diet - seem to want the same things everyday. Do you think I need to be worried and see someone about it or is it OK? Edie also will not sit in her highchair for longer than 5mins before she is screaming.
Things as hectic as ever here. DP got interview tomorrow. Obviously not disclosed she is pregnant which is a stress because if she is offered the job it will be awkward when she starts in Jan as mat leave will begin April I think. But things are still awful at her school so she could do with getting out. At least she is pregnant though so either way she will be having a 'break' from there soonish. AFM, being with the kids is great but knackering. When the weather is bad it is harder to entertain them but so far I am enjoying the time with them. Bloody hard work though!
Hope you are all well.

Thursday, October 17th 2013, 8:01am

Meant to say that they do both eat loads of fruit but hardly any veg xx

Thursday, October 17th 2013, 10:36am

Rocky. Ross is the same. Won't sit on high hair for more than ten min. Won't eat hardly anything in one go and picks at stuff all day. I've stopped worrying now. I put whatever's left which is normally most of it on a plate wherever we are and he just picks at it. He's pretty skinny but is well enough. Sometimes if we are in a cafe he will eat more as there's more for him to look at. If a ll else fails he will eat I. Front of the tv!! My pals wee boy the sane so it's not just us!!

Thursday, October 17th 2013, 11:50am

Hi Rocky,

I think that is really normal. Lily was a fussy eater from 12 months to 26 (ish) months! Try to limit the snacks if you can, if not offer vegetables as snack - ie carrot sticks, celery and peppers for dipping into hummous (for example). Bake some savoury muffins.

Toddlers seem to be able to live off air, so don't worry too much. It's a phase that both will grow out of. I bet that once one of them grows out of it, the other will follow too.

In regards to DP. My advice would be for her to disclose her pregnancy once they have selected her for the position (but before contracts are signed). That way she can be seen as being upfront and honest and they can't go back on selecting her as that breaks the Equalities Act 2010. That way, all cards are on the table before she starts the job. I hope her pregnancy is going well?

Thursday, October 17th 2013, 11:52am

PS. This is a recipe Lily lived on when she went through her fussy stage - Pasta with tomato & hidden veg sauce | BBC Good Food - it counts for 5 of your five a day. It's really tasty too, both DH and I love it and you can make a big batch and freeze the leftovers.

And if they don't like pasta, you can use the sauce to cover what they do like - chicken pieces, fish fingers, etc

What's Up?
(",)

Thursday, October 17th 2013, 11:10pm

Amy - welcome, lovely to see you here :) Little Scarlett sounds full of fun!

Rocky - R has always had a short attention span at the dinner table. It increased slowly, but we were well used to having a ten minute window to get food down her at Edie's age. It has increased, but did so very slowly. And like Liz said, R will eat in front of the TV. For supper, I'll let her watch some Peppa Pig with a plate of toast and she just gazes at the screen and forgets about resisting food lol!

Will be making a big pan of the tomato sauce, and eating it myself too!

Friday, October 18th 2013, 10:07am

Thanks ladies.
NH - they will not eat a tomato sauce - I have tried all the techniques of hiding stuff. I'm afraid they just like what they like and that's it. I'm constantly wasting food as I 'try them again' with stuff as I know that just because they won't eat it now doesn't mean they won't next week. Harry used to eat Bolognese and stuff but won't touch it anymore.
DP did not get the job! It came down to her and another person out of the 8 of them so she did well. But she's used to going for a job and getting it. However, at least there's not the pregnancy worry now and also the kids were horrible she said and the classroom's all open plan which I don't think she would have liked. Plus the department was all over the school rather than in 1 area which makes managing staff very difficult. So, nevermind! It's just annoying as she left at 6.30am yest and wasn't home until 7pm and it all the week's prep beforehand that just feels like a waste. So, I for one am glad it's half term next week as I've had lots of long days with the kids recently!
Hope you're all well.
PS Elizmac - how's things with the baby now? xx

Buzzbee

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Friday, October 18th 2013, 10:55am

Hi all

Hope you're OK.

Rocky - I agree with NH and Liz, more likely a phase. I know Harry has been a fussy eater for a while now hasn't he? As long as he is putting on weight though I wouldn't worry too much. Did you watch the 3 day Nanny programme? In one episode she spoke about the portion sizes for young children and the size of parts of their hand being how much they need. N gets way more than his hand size LOL! Made me worry I am overfeeding him as he is what I would call - big boned LOL! He can be fussy though and eat something one day but not the next. Limiting snacks though may make Harry more hungry for a main meal.

Sorry to hear DP didn't get the job, Sounds like probably a good thing. Will PM you re meeting up again soon.

NH - when do you start your new job?

Hi Chilli and Liz.

So quiet on here now. Everything good here. N is still a very good boy and we have now turned a corner at bedtime in that we don't have to sit with him until he is asleep, we just kiss him goodnight and leave the room and so far so good, he stays in his bed and falls asleep, He has a bedtime routine of bath, PJs, he lies on the sofa watching The Hive with his milk, cuddles, brush teeth, sometimes a story and then up to bed

DD is OK. I'm still breastfeeding but trying to wean onto formula so she currently has one bottle a day.

xx

Monday, October 21st 2013, 12:36pm

:hi: all, me again on my weekly pop in chance ;) ::P

Scarlett stood alone for a good 10 seconds yesterday (it felt like forever) .. my little girls going to be taking her first unaided steps very soon we think!! :thumbsup:

DF dropped her at nursery this morning at around 8am, at about 8.30am I get a phonecall from the manager asking me to go and pick her up because she has been sick ?o( ... They said it wasn't a bit of milk - it was a lot?
Anyway I can't get back from work to get her until 10am, as I work ages away!! So I rang her back and said, do me a favour, just monitor her for half hour before my next train comes and lets see if I really need to come in.... (the manager was saying they don't want her there because they are trying to keep sickness and diarrhoea bugs at bay ... I can understand this - but I really don't think she has one??) ...

Anyway, she rang me back and said, she is fine, playing with her toys - so I requested I stay at work and leave her be! :whistling:
Am I a harsh mother already??? :-(

I don't think she is ill at all - in fact DF sent me a video of her this morning and she was hapy & dancing away?
Surely she wouldn't be happy if she felt ill? :|
God knows why she was sick though? :pinch:

Haven't heard anything since 9.15 sp xfingers she is okay now?

Oh.... and she got her first toothy peg through last monday at exactly 9 months old! Same as me! How weird eh!!
It's still giving her jip tho :pinch:

Hope all you ladies are well & babies & toddlers of course!
I've got Scarlett back to self settling again now this past week :thumbsup: (a cold and tooth coming through threw her out)

Monday, October 21st 2013, 12:46pm

Sorry I posted this in the wrong thread but hey ho, it's still half relevant ;) ::P

Friday, November 15th 2013, 10:54pm

Hi,

Very quiet on here lately. I know we are all really busy just now. We've been having a bit of a nitemare with DP's job. Anyway to cut a (very) long story short DP has a new job to start in Jan. It came about off the back of the one she didn't get. The head from the school where the teacher got the job called DP out of the blue to ask her to go and look around his school and do an interview. Then gave her the job. It's a better job than the one she went for initially and more money which is great. They do not, however yet know that she is pregnant so that is still a concern for us. But what's done is done and I'm sure they'll be pleased with her - even if they have to be without her for a while whilst on mat leave. So, it's not all been plain sailing which is why I've not been on for ages. Her present school have been particularly nasty and there have been lots of times when we've been worried that she would just have to leave without a job. But fortunately all sorted now and her GP has signed her off until Jan as she was becoming ill with it all.
Pregnancy all going OK Had the 12 week scan last week and all was fine. DP is still feeling sick though but I think it's getting better now. Harry has his 2yr check next week. I'm sure it will all be fine as he is really coming on well. His speech and understanding is great. Amazing to have little conversations with him now. Edie, although lovely, is still a pain and very demanding (hope this next one isn't the same!).
So how are you ladies with 2 finding things now? Are things settling down? My friend has just had a 1st baby and she is having a difficult time. It's such a shock to the system isn't it? But with a 2nd you know what to expect - not saying it's any easier though!
Well, off to bed now. Hope everyone is OK, getting enough sleep and not too stressed! xxx

Saturday, November 16th 2013, 9:40pm

It has been very quiet on here! Children take up a lot of time and energy!!

Rocky - I still can't believe you guys are having another! Good on you! I seriously think I'd have a nervous breakdown if I got pregnant again just now!! Sounds like everything is going in the right direction without DP's job. Good luck to her and hope it all goes well.

All is well with us, although I've found life with two quite hard! It is def getting easier as A's reflux eases and N gets bigger and more independent. A is still on 2 medications a day, but that is down from 6 so he's much better. He actually slept from 7-7 last night and I woke him this morning!! He's done that twice this week, so going in the right direction! N has been giving me more bother than A as she's scared from the wind, which wakes her! She's been coming into me for snuggles as DH is away! We are very busy with classes, socialising and general life! I'm taking N out of nursery, just for a few months i think initially, various reasons, but to compensate am getting a cleaner!

On another note, I'm getting a day off this weekend - going vintage speed crafting for the day! Also, booking myself some waxing and maxing treatments. Needing some me time! I'm also going to see a life coach. I'm stressed and I have really not a lot of stress in my life!! It's how I perceive it and linked to the past. Hoping she can work some miracles and make me more chilled out!

I wouldn't change it for the world, as I personally wouldnt want anyone else looking after my children, but being a stay at home mum isn't the easy option! Enjoying being at home in the UK, but the weather is hideous! Xxx ps Liz - going to be in your neck of the woods for the festive, so would love to catch up!

Sunday, November 17th 2013, 7:10pm

Hi AG - yes well I think we've been close to a nervous breakdown a few times recently! We seriously wouldn't have done another round of full IVF so quickly - it was the fact that DP had a frosty and was all age related really. You are right and being a stay at home mum is definitely not the easy option. Dealing with young children is really difficult and demanding and tiring - I love it - but work is definitely easier. Sorry to hear you've been having a hard time lately. Why are you taking N out of nursery? good on you for getting a cleaner though. That's something we could really use - sounds like heaven! You say you have nothing to be stressed about....but actually I think it is hugely stressful having 2 young children. I've never been as stressed as I am. I find that my concentration is not good and I forget things at the drop of a hat. So it's no wonder you are stressed regardless of the past. And especially with A's reflux - it can't have been an easy ride. But as you said, hopefully things are now moving in the right direction and A's sleep is improving. You are doing the right thing having a pampering. We have just booked a 4 day break in early December. Wouldn't normally have done that as DP would usually be at work and I always worry about the cost of things. But we've had such a difficult time lately that I really think we need it. Oh and speaking of stress...I am STILL trying to diet very unsuccessfully. I put it down to stress. I'm trying slimming world at the moment - not going to classes just doing it myself but not having much luck. Lost 3lbs and seem to have put it back on!!!

Forgot to mention yesterday.....Harry's eating is still dreadful. He does eat but it's always snack type stuff and he is so fussy he just won't try things. And sleep is difficult again as he is waking up a lot scratching again - but no sign of eczema flare ups?? I think he also has bad dreams now. I'm sure it will pass though. He has his 2yr check this week so I might ask about his food. But TBH I find them a bit useless and they will probably just say the usual things to try which I've already done.
Anyway will try to get on here more again xx

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Monday, November 18th 2013, 10:04am

Hello ladies

Where is the time going? Life is certainly more hectic with 2! Even though I am lucky to have N in nursery 4.5 days a week I'd forgotten how demanding a newborn is. DD is so much different to DS. Not sure if that is because she is breastfed. Sleep is a battle. Not at night because I have fallen into the routine of going to bed with her when DS goes to bed. I BF her in bed and she sleeps on my chest for the majority of the night. I do try and place her in the crib though if I haven't fallen asleep too! Last night she slept in the crib next to me from 1am till 7:45am, waking at 5am for a feed and I fed her in bed and then placed her back in the crib so she can sleep in there. She doesn't cry during the night and I think this is because she sleeps with me and it is so easy to give her breast than a bottle, which would take longer so she has more time to wake and then cry because she is hungry. That's one of the many advantages of BF I guess.

The problem I am having is daytime naps. She will not go to sleep without a fight, even when I think I have got the timing right - I try 50 minutes after her last sleep up to 1 hour 30 minutes after her last sleep and it never seems to be right. (I check the wake times on various websites for children of this age). She screams and it may not be for that long but I would love for me to just be able to place her in a crib and she go to sleep on her own without crying. Or maybe crying is her way of self soothing?! I hate hearing her cry and I always want to reassure her and cuddle her but I do wonder if I make her worse sometimes.

Apart from this she is lovely and full of smiles when she has had a decent sleep and feed LOL! At last weigh in she was 11 pounds 8 ounces. She is slimmer than N was.

As for N he is your typical toddler - loving, funny, sociable, happy and has the occasional tantrum. He is such a good boy I really can't complain. He sleeps great at night now, going to bed without fuss and we don't have to stay in the room with him until he falls asleep. He is also sleeping in later, waking nearer 7am than 5am, which is great. DD I have learnt likes to sleep in late too so has a feed around 6am and goes back to sleep.

Rocky - sorry I haven't PM'd you yet. I rarely get the car due to last minute meetings with DH's works. Great news on DP's pregnancy going well. Shame about her work though but hopefully the time off will help her relax and great she has another job. When would she finish for maternity leave and when does she plan to tell the new boss? Does her current employer know she is pregnant yet?

Re Harry and food II would say as long as he eating plenty of healthy snacks then I wouldn't worry if he isn't consuming a full meal. Remember their bellies are so tiny still so they only need their hand size portions. Re the scratching I have some scratchsleeves you can have if you want to give them a try? Google them. They were a godsend with N and his eczema, which I am now pleased to say has cleared up loads. He only has bits on his hands because that is the place he can access and scratch. Some days they are good and some days they are bad - usually after being in nursery and after messy play, which I think irritates him.

I have the car this Thursday if you fancy meeting up in the afternoon? Let me know. I have the HV round on Thursday morning.

AG - I hear ya! It is much harder with 2. Great that A's reflux is getting better. I hope you enjoy your pamper day. You have reminded me I need to book my pamper day, which DH treated me to at a local city centre hotel - a couple of spa treatments and lunch :) I am opting for a full body massage as I feel like I really need it.

Not much else to report however I would be grateful for any advice re getting DD to bed with little fuss. There is a clash at the moment with the time N gets home from nursery and DD's witching hours, which is getting me down as I want to spend time with N when he gets home but at the same time I need to get DD ready for bed and settled. That's why I have opted for the easy option so far of making her wait for bed until DS goes and then going to bed with her because she does instantly settle with me. The problem is up until that time she is usually crying so it is hard to divide my time between her and N. DH is home usually but he has work calls to take so can't always help. His mum comes round too and helps, either playing with N or holding DD. I've said to DH we need to start taking it in turns putting DD to bed while the other one is with DS as I think DD would prefer to bed in bed much sooner than DS but putting her to bed is what takes the time. She cries and I hate leaving her so you're with her until she eventually falls asleep, which can take up to an hour, sometimes more.

I also try and encourage her to nap at around 4pm but when she does it isn't for very long and she can still wake up grumpy. DH has offered to take her for a walk as he can do his work calls while walking with her and she can hopefully get a bit more shut eye and I can sort DS. It's just when the weather is so cold and horrible I feel sorry for her being taking out in the cold, even though she is wrapped up snuggly and sheltered in the pram, but I guess she might be grateful for the snooze ?o(

Hope everyone else is well anyway and looking forward to Christmas. What are you buying your toddlers? Is it me or do you think they're at the inbetween stage with toys? There doesn't seem to be much for 2 plus, the majority I think DS would like are for 3 years and above. He does have a few 3+ toys already tbh and we just keep a watchful eye on him when he plays with them and removed any small parts.

Haven't a clue what to get N. Was thinking one of those kiddy tablets but I think he is a bit too young yet. I don't want any big toys that take up space so thinking more toy cars and figures. He loves jigsaws too. Definitely won't be going too mad that's for sure!

xx

Tuesday, November 19th 2013, 12:45am

Buzzbee - I said I wasn't going to go mad, but I just can't help it! N is getting stuff for 3+ I usually make sure parts aren't that small, but she isn't one for putting stuff in her mouth anyway. She's getting the ELC wooden wonderland palace with Sofia figures! She's really into princesses and that sort of thing just now. She's also getting a little guitar as she loves singing and dancing, some games and a hobby horse. She's getting too much actually as she's getting a wooden cradle bed for her baby too, but I'm hoping that helps the sleep insecurities we are having just now! A is too small for his big present, but he's getting a trike. N never had one, so don't have one to pass onto him. He's a big boy, so will be using it before 10 months I reckon! I've bought him a wooden drum and a wooden sorting thing too. Will need to check what I've got him actually. I've decided to split our presents. They will get one present each from us, one each from each other and the rest from Santa. Regarding the sleep - does she have a dummy?

Rocky - I can totally understand why you went for it again and your house is going to best lovely full of children! We said no more initially, but have 3 frosties that I'm not sure I could just let be destroyed without giving them a chance! Feel like I've started their course and need to let them run it! Have until Dec 2015 to decide!

Regarding N and nursery - I just feel she's craving us just now. Her behaviour can be awful on nursery days and she's even been hitting me when I pick her up. We had her out for the october break, it ended up being 3 weeks and her behaviour was so much better. She's had so much change this past while with moving country, I had a hideous pregnancy with A and then new baby etc. She never wants to go and she doesn't need to go! Besides I don't want nursery to be negative for her for when she starts school nursery next year. She was only going 2 mornings anyway and we do a ton of other stuff. if she was shy and timid and we were doing nothing i probably wouldnt, but its not like that. I put her purely for her benefit and I don't think it's working for her just now. It will obviously be harder for me having them both at home, hence the cleaner! But its not about me just now. I have amazing support with my Inlaws, so regularly only have one of them anyway. They help out a lot. I know it sounds pathetic and I'm probably not explaining it well, but I've seen it before in slightly older kids and I suppose I'm in a situation where I can take her out if a negative ish circle and hopefully form a more positive one.

You are right - having 2 is stressful enough! I suppose Im just thinking about life on the whole. We have it pretty easy really, so I shouldn't be stressed really! It's hard when DH is away for his 2 weeks, but amazing for us all when he's home for his month home. I'm looking forward to my pampering and my craft day!

Any tips regarding N? She's a nightmare to settle just now as has discovered she can get out of bed. Wakes at 10 ish and settles then again at 12 ish but won't unless she comes in with me! It's becoming a habit, but I'm not sure what to do! She's hysterical if I leave her, genuinely scared and upset. Any ideas? Xxx

Sunday, November 24th 2013, 8:55pm

Hello

AG Ross was awful as well just after eve was born and we kept him home from the childminders for a bit to settle and he's been ok since so may even only take a couple of weeks. I was in hospital for four days and he kept thinking I was going away so Nora just be stressed about stuff. See how you go.
I have frosties too but not sure I can face any more children but like you not sure I can destroy them. Odd decision.
Sounds mean but can you not put a stair gate on her door and give her lots if cuddles when you are in her room but stop her getting out when you leave ??

Sunday, November 24th 2013, 9:47pm

Sorry post got cut short by my screamy wee one. AG. My sis in law had that problem with her boy at bed and bizarrely all it took was them putting a digital photo frame of family shots and he used to watch that and totally calm down.

We aren't getting Ross much for xnas. Going down to my folks so he will get spoilt there and he doesn't really need much. He loves arty stuff so we will just stock him up with paint and chalk etc. he got given loads of toys when eve was born so that will keep him going. Must of them three plus. And he's fine. I never really bother to check the ages of stuff anymore. He doesn't really put stuff in his mouth anymore.

Anyway I'm off for early night. Will catch up soon c

Friday, November 29th 2013, 11:52am

Hi all,

Harry had his 2 yr check last week so just wanted to ask your opinions. I mentioned that Harry doesn't eat very well anymore and that he won't try foods and eats the same things. The woman told me to not offer anything different for meals except for what we're having and to leave him to go hungry if he won't eat it. The theory being that eventually (in a few days when he is starving) he will eat the same as us. She told me only to give 2 snacks during the day and that they should be small eg half a banana, 4/5 grapes etc. Thing is Harry would eat a full a banana and would polish of way more than 5 grapes. And if I said he couldn't have anymore grapes it would be asking for a meltdown.
Anyway, everything else was fine with his check - what do you think? Hope you're all well xx

Friday, November 29th 2013, 5:14pm

I had to do that with Ross a few months ago as he just wanted crap to eat all day. I stopped snacks entirely bar a bit of fruit. Three days later he just ate what we had. He's never been a big water but I just got annoyed with him demanding things. I had been too soft !!

Friday, November 29th 2013, 6:09pm

Elizmac - what sort of things did he eat before and what will he eat now for a meal? Harry won't put anything in his mouth. He used to eat things like spag bol and rice dishes but will not even try them now so getting a bit worried. He will eat toast, crumpets, malt loaf, Weetabix, fruit (no veg except carrots and he's going off them!), fish fingers, eggs, sandwiches at lunchtime, houmous, bread sticks, yoghurts - so he does eat a variety but he likes to snack on things rather than eat a meal. We've had another disaster at tea tonight and he's hardly eaten a thing. So as we're going away next week I'm going to leave it till the week after and then try it. Good to know it's worked for you. How's things with 2? x

Friday, November 29th 2013, 10:30pm

Liz - thanks for that - its reassuring to hear that Ross needed a bit of time with you as well and that it helped. N is SO much better. I'm so pleased we took her out. She just seems so much more chilled and her behaviour has been so much better too. Going to just see how it goes about putting her back. My gut is that she won't go back to the same nursery. The sleeping situation isn't quite so bad. I've been getting DH to deal with her now he's home and she accepts when he sends her back to her own bed! Rising early just now, but A is sleeping 7-7, waking the odd night between 4-6. Interesting to hear about the photos. I ordered photo holders for my two from Great Little Trading Company. It has lots of pockets, so they can change the photos over the years as they please. Must get it put up. You are in the same position as us with frosties. When do you have to decide by?

Rocky - I think they must go through a phase around the age of 2 because N, who is normally an amazing eater has become a bit fussy recently. I personally feel its more to do with her asserting herself! She eats it if we go with her and say ok that's fine, just leave it and A or one of us will have it!! Then she eats it! Hoping, like every other phase that it passes! Xx

Saturday, November 30th 2013, 8:39pm

Rocky. I thing AG is totally right. It's about them exerting independence rather than not liking something. Ross eats anything. He's never actually fussy about what he eats. He just used to refuse as he knew he'd get sonething better like a biscuit later. Hence the banning if everything but his dinner. He gets his lunch left out on a plate to pick at over the afternoon if he hasn't eaten it but I won't give him anything else. Took sone will power on my part to not give in and think he would starve to death. He had massive tantrums. I figured he can't have bit that hungry if he can stamp off round the room!!

AG an sure Nora will settle down. Maybe a childminder may be better. Ross gets loads of affection from ours and she's been a total godsend through it all. She's consistent with discipline but will sit on the sofa and cuddle him if he's feeling needy. I love her !!!eve going to do nice that they will be together.