• "cheenab" started this thread

Reg: May 27th 2009

Children: 3 gorgeous boys Zachary, Finley and Teddy <3

What's Up?
Couldn't be any happier :D

Tuesday, February 25th 2014, 9:38pm

Schema

Has anyone heard of this before?

Zachary goes to a crèche once a week, and today one of the ladies said he's a schema, we are very excited about how to keep him entertained!!!
I was like wtf, she was explaining briefly what she meant before we had to go, basically because he likes to huddle his toys together move stuff around together etc things like that!!!
I've been googling the definition of it, and some parts do sound spot on about Zachary, but know where could I see if it's a good or bad thing, if it's just a phase and will pass etc!!!! She did say it wasn't a bad thing, I mentioned that a 'friend' of mine always associates putting stuff together lining toys up etc as very 'autistic' and asked her if that was something I should be concerned about, and she said no not atall, so although that was a relief to hear I still don't really understand the whole 'schema' thing!!!
Does anyone have any knowledge about it at all?

Thanks in advance :)
FET August 2011-1 Blastocyst onboard :BFP:
Zachary William born on 27/4/12 at 10.12am weighing 6lb 12oz
Shock natural BFP 15/3/15 :faint:
Finley Thomas born on 5/11/15 at 9.39am 7lb 14oz
Another shock natural BFP 6/8/16
Teddy George born on 30/3/17 at 4.34pm 7lb 9oz

Reg: Aug 12th 2010

What's Up?
(",)

Saturday, March 8th 2014, 12:23am

MY LO likes doing similar things - she lines up cards, makes arrangements of her current favourite toys and collects little things. Sometimes I wonder whether my LO will get OCD because she does like things to be positioned just-so, but then I thought that these are perfect traits for a would-be engineer!

A schema is a way of playing and manipulating objects, in order to make sense of the world. It's not good or bad, simply how they figure what can be done with things...its learning through playing and doing, in different ways. I think it would have been more accurate to say that your son engages in schematic play, rather than he is a schema! Some kids have a strong preference for certain types of play, so maybe the ladies at the creche were referring to his preference at the moment? You never know Cheenab, when your LO is older, he might find the more physical schemas like spinning around, climbing and jumping more interesting.
Aug/Sept 2010 ICSI :BFP: :girl:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE