You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

sasha146

• "sasha146" started this thread

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Saturday, October 25th 2014, 3:21pm

Movicol for toddlers

Hi

I'm looking for some help/advice, my ds has been constipated on and off since he started solids but now he's just constantly constipated, been to dr several times who have just said it's quite common and he should grow out of it.

We were given movicol which I must admit we haven't quite figured out, he needed a few days of 2/3 sachets to initially get him to go but then he had 8 poos in one day all soft, so we stopped for a day or two and he became constipated again, so we started it up again and again we needed to up the dose to 2 sachets to get him to go, so again several poos all soft so we only left it a day and started it up again but I just feel there must be another way to get him to go to the toilet.

I must admit I think he's a bit scared now as he used to scream in pain until it came, now he tries and if it doesn't come quite quickly he gives up.

I'd say he's a good eater, lots of fruit but not so great with veg, we give him water all the time and encourage him to drink as much as poss, it doesn't seem to have put him off eating.

He's been sick a couple of times recently and I'm not sure if it's due to the movical (there's also a bug going about)

Does anyone know if movicol is used long term? Safe to take for a long time?

Were not quite at toilet training stage but I can't see how were ever gonna manage if we can't get this problem sorted.

Any help, tips, suggestions would be greatly appreciated

X
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Saturday, October 25th 2014, 3:28pm

Hiya, my DD is older but I'm having to use movicol to get her to go regular. She was also crying in pain.

I use one sachet per day given in the morning first thing. It took 3 days but it did work. I'm still giving 1 per day but then going to cut it down.

Her paediatrician said to give it until she's regular but to cut down if she gets sloppy or anything like that.

My dd eats veg and fruit but still became constipated. She eats really well so I'm wondering if it's maybe just how some kids are?!

Not sure that's much help but I kind of understand how you feel.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

sasha146

What's Up?

Saturday, October 25th 2014, 3:43pm

Thanks flic, I think the answer prob is one a day but then we seem to have a day of lots of poos so we cut back/stop and the problem returns quickly

Pulling my hair out slightly lol

X
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Tuesday, October 28th 2014, 8:41pm

I've had to stop due to explosive poos and on a couple of occasions she's not made the loo and she's not realised that she's been in her pants.

Hoping that it's given her a bit of a clear out.

I would just cut back to say 1 pack every couple of days or reduce the amount you're giving perhaps? That's what the paediatrician said to me, just cut back.

sasha146

What's Up?

Tuesday, October 28th 2014, 8:52pm

Thanks flic, I think were just gonna be trial and error for a bit, had one normal poo yesterday followed by two runny ones followed by a soft one, so didn't give any today and had one soft poo so will start again tomor and see how we get on, how long has dd been on them?

X
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, October 29th 2014, 7:25pm

On and off for a few months now she's been. I think you're right in that it's trial and error.

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests