You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Friday, January 22nd 2010, 9:25pm

OH GOOD GOD HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, big boy pants started on Monday. We got off to a flying start - only 3 accidents at nursery on day 1 and then noen the next 2 days. He was holding it in until after lunch but after that there was no stopping him. So Thu onwards he spends with me. I must be doing something very wrong as teh minute he comes home it all stops. We got to the toilet regularly, I ask if he needs to go and he says no then wets or poos his pants. He was doing well at home until yesterday and he has not managed 1 thing on the toilet since last at nursery.
What am I doing wrong???? We are consistant with nirsery with praise/sticker chart etc but I swear I almost gave in today and put him back in a nappy. I even went out and bought him brand new Handy Manny pants -he went through 7 in 2 hrs!! Its like he stores it up all morning and then wooshshhhh!!! Help!!! Please!!! xxx

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: DS#1 (clomid) 1999 -vb - DS#2 (natural BFP) c-sec

Friday, January 22nd 2010, 10:58pm

Might be he's just not quite ready yet .... leaving it for a few weeks or a month could make all the difference .... I'm trying to remember when I actually started with Gregor and I think he was 3 before I started ... yeah he was ... he turned 3 at the end of May and I started him just before we went on hols in August as he was starting Nursery when schools went back in August and it literally took a couple of days ... just a thought although I'm sure some other wise mums might be able to give a bit more help :-)
DS#1 FEB 1999 (CLOMID)
DS#2 MAY 2006 - MIRACLE !!

Reg: Jul 21st 2006

Saturday, January 23rd 2010, 2:16pm

hi glitzy

M & E-M sound the same, i think they are not quite ready in their own minds just yet, even though we are ready for them to be potty trained they obviously not,
try not to get upset over it,(easier said than done) i have a much more relaxed veiw of it all at the moment, at the end of the day they are not hurting anyone by staying in pull ups, if m is happy wearing his big boy pants then i would carry on doing so, i know it means alot of washing but at least it is a step forward, i wish i had kept evie in her knickers, as she doesnt like wearing them now.
x
ME 32, pcos, DH 47,
DH had Tese tx Jan 06
IVF/ ICSI July 06 ,
30 eggs collected, 2 transfered,
Had OHSS and OMG, :BFP:

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Friday, February 12th 2010, 10:42pm

Can I have a yeehhaaa please - i do believe I have a toilet trained little boy!! The past week he has had no accidents at nursery and just one at the most at home, normally when he is playing and just forgets to go. Am so proud of him and after a slightly shaky start he has taken to it so well. We have even started braving going out without a pullup on!! 2 walks to the swing park today and he was fine. So proud of my little man!! Thanks to whoever it was on here who gave the food colouring tip - max loves to see the toilet water go bright pink when he has done a wee!! How is everyone else getting on? xx :happy:

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

• "Loopylala" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Apr 23rd 2009

Children: Twins Roo & Seb

Friday, February 12th 2010, 10:47pm

Well done Max!!! We are still having the odd accident with Seb usually at home, and we;ve managed going out without a pull up, just gotta work on him overnight now!!!!

Lynsey

Reg: Dec 3rd 2008

Children: Adopted Son @ 10.5mths old Feb 2014 xx

What's Up?
FINALLY I am a MUMMY!!!!

Friday, February 12th 2010, 11:38pm

hi i have no real input of from having my own child but iv worked in a nursery for 8years and potty training can vary greatly from betwwen home and nursery he wi;; get there very soon xxx
LYNSEY xx

After x3 ICSI X2 FETs resulting in :BFN:s Apart from the last one being a faint :BFP: (only lasted a day or two) I was turned down as an egg donor so we called it a day with TX
WE ARE ADOPTING
APT Apr/May 13 HS June-Aug 13 PANEL Sept 13 YES!!
LINKED to 7mth old bab22 Oct 13
MATCHING PANEL JAN 14 YES. HOME with us 11th Feb 2014 (10.5mths old)
Finally I AM A MUMMY

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Monday, February 15th 2010, 11:00am

my lad trained himself, just left a potty hanging around in the living room for a couple of months and a week after his 2nd birthday (nov time) he started weeing in the potty. made a big fuss of him and now he has progressed to doing wees and poos in the toilet and has been dry at night for the last 6 weeks or so. he has had a couple of accidents along the way but he is completely dry now and i am very proud of him. most of the time he now does a poo (in the right place) and doesnt even tell anyone now. just wipes his bum and flushes the toilet. he is fabulous. sorry if it comes across as bragging, not meant to am just so proud of him.

the only tips i have for potty training is leave a potty hanging around in the living room for a couple of months and let your child lead you. so far being child led has worked on both of my lads. it also worked on my friend's children cos i potty trained them for her as well. above all praise praise and mor praise. and no being horrid if they have accidents. just clean them up and say oh ducky, never mind, better luck next time.

but i love it. now have a very independent little boy. and life is good :happy:
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

Reg: Jul 21st 2006

Friday, February 26th 2010, 10:08pm

WELL DONE MAX :thumbsup:

Think we need a HUGE YEEHAA TOO

Evie-mae has been dry for 2 weeks now :D , the first week we stayed around the house, the second week we started to go out more, and now i can take her anywhere

the only problem is she is not releasing her poo , she lets me know when she needs a poo, and when she sits on the toilet, she says no poo, she will hold it all day untill i put a pull-up on at bed time, then she releases the poo, she is becoming very constipated by holding it in , I have seen the health visitor who has perscribed her Movicol, so hopefully this will help

but all in all I am very proud of my little girl, :D :D :D

Glitzy FOOD COLOURING?????? ?( Think I missed this one, Does it really make the wee pink???, How much do you put in the food??
ME 32, pcos, DH 47,
DH had Tese tx Jan 06
IVF/ ICSI July 06 ,
30 eggs collected, 2 transfered,
Had OHSS and OMG, :BFP:

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Saturday, February 27th 2010, 2:14am

They do say that if you start potty training at two they will be dry by three.. and if you start at three they will be dry by three. Makes sense to me!

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Saturday, February 27th 2010, 11:29am

Well done everyone!

I've heard that said Bells, and I'm going along those lines! We've got a potty, pants etc, and we're letting H get familiar with them (he likes to put the pants on his head :snigger: ). He is starting to tell us when he has done a dirty nappy, which I think is a step in the right direction. But, unless he suddenly shows signs he is ready, I think we are going to wait until July/August time, when he is coming up to three, and try then. I've heard from a couple of friends who have waited until their LO's are almost 3 that it is much easier, and I'm hoping we will have some warm weather and I can spend a few days at home, out in the garden, let him run round in pants, and see how we go!

xxx

<

compley

Megastar

Tuesday, July 13th 2010, 8:22pm

Aw, I'm proud of my little boy! The last few weeks he's been starting to tell us when he has had a wee, needs to etc. He's gone from not wanting to sit on the potty, to sitting on it, trying and wearing his pants around the house....and today, as we were home for the day, he spent most of the day in either pants, or with no pants/ no nappy on.....and at teatime he did his first wee in the potty!! He was so pleased, we had to ring Daddy at work, and Nanny and Gpops!! (He was also very impressed that his wee is yellow, and spent quite a long time looking at it, and had to show his cuddly cat :snigger: )

We're taking it gradually, a day at a time, probably just going to carry on how we are, getting him used to the potty/pants etc, at home, and/or taking the lead from him, but I feel like we're making real progress! (Even if the house smells of dettol, and antibacterial spray, from mopping up the accidents, and we've had to wash cushions/pants/tops etc all day....we are going in the right direction I think!!)

<

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Tuesday, July 13th 2010, 8:33pm

Hiya Laura

Aww,well done H! Big clever boy! I've been trying M since Sunday,she's got 6 stickers on her chart now,she's done a few wee's on the potty/toilet and a few poo's(tiny one's!),I feel I'm doing it half heartedly though really as the twins are so time consuming that I can't stop every 5 mins to get her on the potty etc.

so I don't know if I'm confusing her even more and should wait till I have more time (ha ha),or just except that it'll be a slow process as it's a bit manic now.I just don't know what to do??!!

xxxx

compley

Megastar

Wednesday, July 14th 2010, 8:52pm

Well doneM and well done you!! Csam, I reckon, with twins and a toddler, you are amazing to be attempting potty training too! I was a bit wary about the relaxed/gradual approach, after a few of my friends had done the 'cancel all plans/focus on potty training in a week' sort of method! But I've read that the gradual approach is another way of going about. And yes, they do say they may get confused, but also that it's more relaxed, and allows you to get on with other aspects of life!! If you've got no 'timeline' with M (e.g. she doesn't need to be toilet trained for nursery, or something), and she seems happy with how things are going, I wouldn't worry too much. Apparently H had his pants on for an hour again today (I was at work, Granny in charge!), and even that I see as a positive sign, as it's giving him an opportunity to feel relaxed with it all, but there's no real pressure on him. H can be quite wary (or stubborn!!), with new things, and I think maybe being more relaxed will help us both. I also think if we put aside a week to potty train 'intensively', and it didn't go well, that would be stressful....and tbh, I'd find staying in all week, with H and L, quite stressful!

Let me know how you're getting on with it all, and I'll keep you up, with our progress!!

<

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Thursday, July 15th 2010, 1:08pm

Hi Laura

I was a bit worried about the gradual approach and wondered if it was even acceptable to do it!Like you said,the people I know have had the whole thing done and dusted in a week. I'm happy to eek it out,I don't have the time needed to dedicate to M so if she's happy to plod along and is doing wee's and poo's in the potty along the way then I think she's doing pretty well!

The other thing I worry about is that sometimes she has nappies on,sometimes pull up's and sometimes nothing! I wonder if this is giving her mixed messages, but I'm just muddling through ATM with having the twins.Life is pretty chaotic and I'm juggling so many things! Sometimes she'll say "take the potty away,I want my nappy back on!" I don't want to put too much pressure on her,like H she can be a bit stubborn and I'd rather she thought using the potty was her idea!

Hope H is having a good week,I'm fairly confident (I think!),that she'll get there,and I don't even think the 'cancel all plans for the week' approach would work for her anyway!

xxxxxx

compley

Megastar

Thursday, July 15th 2010, 2:45pm

It does sound like we are doing a similar thing! And though I've not got anywhere near as much going on as you, with your 2 gorgeous twinnies to look after as well! What with work, Lily to look after as well, and the fact that we've got a busy few weeks coming up (and that I like to get out and about!), I don't really have the time to do the 'intensive training!'.

This morning H seemed really reluctant about the whole pants/potty thing, but he knew when he was weeing in his nappy, and wanted it changed immediately.

We've had pants on for a bit this afternoon, and bless him he had an accident which upset him, but then he seemed happy to run around with nothing on!!

All the things we've looked back on since having H and M, and thought 'yay we got there in the end!'.....well, give it however long it takes! and we'll both do that again!

xxx

<

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Thursday, July 15th 2010, 5:08pm

Yes,like we always say, they'll get there in the end,they won't be doing x,y,z when they are 13!!

Bless H, M doesn't care about the accidents! She say's "whoops,never mind it was an accident"!!

She did a wee on the potty earlier and I forgot to put her pull up's on after,a short while later she said "I did a wee wee on the carpet,it's a dragon" i went and looked and it was in the shape of a dragon :snigger: She was so pleased to have wee'd the shape of a dragon!!

screaming babies to see to now,chat soon

xxxxxx

compley

Megastar

Thursday, July 15th 2010, 7:52pm

:snigger: bless M! Very clever girl weeing in a dragon shape!!!

<

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Friday, July 16th 2010, 8:45pm

How's H getting on Laura?

I decided to let M run around in just her dress today,no nappies/knickers etc,she did really well all morning,no accidents etc and even said she needed to use the potty.It all went wrong in the afternoon,a few accidents and poo in pants (which upset her),does that sound about normal do you think? I guess it's best to keep trying the no nappies approach? In the afternoon I put knickers on her and that's when she had all the accidents,although I'm not sure there is a connection. I wonder if she did wait until she had knickers on to do a poo ?(

xxxxx

compley

Megastar

Saturday, July 17th 2010, 4:39pm

Aw bless M. I do think in the early days, there will be up and down times. H does seem to like a bit of 'no nappy/pants time!' and runs round in t-shirt! And I did read somewhere, and I'm not sure why, but that having no bottoms on at all, can help them with potty training.

As for us, L developed chicken pox Thursday, so potty training has had a temporary delay, as I've had to work (how guilty did I feel yeterday!-dh was home with her though), and what with looking after her, and trying to entertain H, as we can't really get out, it's probably on the 'back burner' for a few weeks now (esp as H hasn't had chicken pox yert, so I'm guessing he is very likely to get it in the next couple of weeks!!)

xxx

<

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Saturday, July 17th 2010, 5:01pm

Aww no! poor L,hope she's ok in herself.I think it's going to be 2 steps forward and one back isn't it.M has had a bare bum all today and hasn't had any accidents,so there might be something in what you say.She did a huuuggee(!)poo in the potty this morning and was very proud and has sat on the potty twice on her own initiative and done 2 wee's. I know she's done some poo's in her potty,so must feel comfortable but I suppose by not putting her nappy on I'm a bit worried she'll hold her poo's in!

Well I hope H is ok if he gets chicken pox (are you hoping he gets it to get it out of the way?).I'm sure when he re-start things he'll already be comfortable and will get back in the swing of it quickly

take care

xxxxx

compley

Megastar

Wednesday, July 21st 2010, 10:04pm

Wow, sounds like M is doing well! H had his nappy off on Monday, I knew he wanted to a wee (he holds his willy, bless him!), but he refused to go on the potty. As he wanted to play on his slide, and I was worried about him hurting his bottom! I put a nappy back on, and he knew when he was going, and went for a wee almost immediately! Tuesday he refused to have his nappy off etc!! I'm being laidback cos of the chicken pox with L, and trying to keep to my laid back approach, but I'm sure he knows when he is going/needs to go, quite alot of the time, so not quite sure which way to go at the moment!...and as for poo's he definitely knows when he is going, but if I suggest the potty we get screams and protests of 'no!!!'

I am thinking we'll wait and see what happens on the chickenpox front, in the next couple of weeks, and take it from there! I spoke to the pre school he is starting in Oct, and they are very laidback about potty training, and will basically support us/work with us, with whatever stage we/H is at, so that's great, and a huge relief!

L is ok thanks, her spots are crusting over now, and she has been a super star, bless her! I don't want to wish it on H, but at the same time know he is very likely to get it at some point, so if he got it now, I'm all ready with the calamine etc, and all ready to nurse another child through chicken pox!!! and we will be over and done with it, and hopefully that will be the last we see of chicken pox! He still has a couple of weeks to come out in it, so we'll see what happens!

Hope your 3 little ones are ok xxx

<

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Sunday, December 7th 2014, 7:52am

Reviving this thread as someone asked me my potty training experience. I potty trained him in June when he had just turned 2, it was probably slightly easier as it was warm and he could run around with just pants on and no trousers.

Get a decent potty or make your potty interesting. If you can get a dual purpose one that turns into a toilet seat even better. We have the fisher price fish (you can buy it new on ebay much cheaper than the shops) but a friend has a cool Thomas one which is popular. If they like their potty you will have fewer battles about sitting on it!

With my DS the breakthrough came on pretty much his first wee on the potty. I had seen he had starts to wee and plonked him on the potty to finish off. We then made such a fuss about the wee in the potty, we phoned daddy at work and his grandparents and everyone told him how amazing he was that he wanted to do it again and we went from there. If he had an accident we just said oh dear but I he used the potty we made a big deal about it and that worked for us. What we found didn't help was constantly asking him I he needed a wee because it put him off. If he started jiggling as though he needed a wee then we would say we were going and would get him to come with us. Another trick was to have a little tub that we said was a teddy potty and he would sit his teddy on it next to him.

Hope that helps, some seem to get it quicker than others but they will get there and it is soooo nice to be out of nappies!

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Aug 18th 2009

Children: One beautiful, healthy son. Identical twin boys born too soon, sleep tightxxx

What's Up?
One very happy lady :) xx

Sunday, December 7th 2014, 8:13am

Thanks ct xxxx
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
1x ivf - identical triplets - miscarried triplet at 9 weeks, lost my other two beautiful boys at 23 weeks - passed away shortly after birth 17th June 2010.
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.
2011 Nov immune cycle FET bfn
2012 Jan immune cycle ivf bfp baby7 Ds arrived safely 1/10/12 : D
2013 Aug immune cycle FET bfp confirmed miscarriage at 8 weeks
2014 Jan immune cycle bfn
2014 April immune cycle bfn.
2014 July fet bfp ❤️ seen at 7,9 and 11 weeks

2 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

2 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE