You are not logged in.

Unread posts

deedee1

• "deedee1" started this thread

Reg: May 23rd 2008

Children: 1 beautiful daughter

Saturday, April 23rd 2011, 8:20pm

Post Baby body - please share your experiences!

Hi,

I would love to hear from other mummies out there about their experiences of how their body has changed since having baby/ies!.

Here's mine:

I had Deelet 15 weeks ago today and because she was a tiddler (5lb13) I was lucky enough to put on only about 1 stone and lost it pretty quickly through bfing and the obvious minusing of her weight from mine!. I'm now back to my pre pregnancy weight of 9 1/2 stone buuuut things are just not the same!.

My clothes fit but not the same way as they did before. I was never bikini ready but with clever underwear and dressing to my shape, I looked reasonable. Now, my jeans are ok, but my middle is completely flabby and loose. I've being walking a lot and also doing a few gym classes a week but I can see little difference. My bra size has also changed - before I was a 32dd. I got measured today as a 34d. So my cup size has gone down one but my back size has increased.

I am just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience but managed to get back to "normal" and if so, when? I'd love to hear your stories.

Oh and another thing - your first post baby AF. I have mine at the moment and it is very light (mind you it was light pre pregnancy too) ?( .But I never got spots before and my face is like a pepperoni pizza slice at the moment.....

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Saturday, April 23rd 2011, 8:32pm

Oh yes, my belly will never be the same again.

I have to use control pants that go up to my boobs to keep it in check, and my boobs are sort of 'empty' too. However a 32DD is the same as a 34D (I've been told in Ann Summers) Basically you may find that the 32DD may fit more comfortably than the 34 and you need to go up a cup size if you go down a back size. So I measure at a 34D but the 32DD fits so much better on me.

I think the spots thing is definitely hormonal. Before I never had AF's at all but now I've actually had a few which is very weird!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Saturday, April 23rd 2011, 8:48pm

You sound fine great even, I suffered post baby and although I lost weight and got back to my pre pg weight I have never managed to get rid of the tummy and it took a good year to get there, I also had my 2nd child fairly quickly after the first and so that didn't help in how I looked after having her, both were 8lb9oz so fairly big.

My biggest issue is with my tummy it's not flabby at all but it sticks out and is hard at the top just under my boobs which it so hard to hide, spanx do not work for me.

I thought I had diastasis recti but after seeking medical advise I don't it is unexplanable but time did heal and slowly after 2 1/2 years it started to look better no I am having a 3rd and I am back to wondering how it will be, i have seen a homepath who has suggested I was lacking in calcium so she has given me a pg course of remedies, I have also been swimming most days (apart from the last 6 weeks due to a cracked rib and chest problems) and also yoga I am trying everything I possibly can to look after my body this time round!

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 22nd 2008

Children: 2 Beautiful Babies. One of Each!

Saturday, April 23rd 2011, 9:47pm

have had some changes too, i am a long long way off my pre pregnancy weight though.
I have a 2nd set of boobs under the real thing lol, I have really bad spots, never had clear skin before but really bad now, I find my hair grows a lot lot quicker then before, Have to shave legs and pluck eyebrows a lot more regularly now. The most odd thing is my smell has changed since becoming pregnant, if i get a little hot now the small is much much different to before, i have to use mens deaodrant now, very odd how these hormones chnage you, also the grey hairs but not sure if thats because of having a baby as such but having nearly 2 year old twins is probably mor to do with that lol.
These are all things that you don't realise until you have had children, they are 100per cent worth it but my old body back as well would be lovely x
bab15 bab16 Sa-Leanne xx

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Saturday, April 23rd 2011, 10:15pm

Yep, my body has changed too.

After I had DD1 and got back to my pre-pregnancy weight I still had a belly that was there, it almost feels like I've got too much skin and it's a bit bigger now after DD2 but she is only 5 weeks old and I'm still heavier than I was. My boobs before DD1 were a 32B, I went up to a 34D and stayed there, now I'm a 34DD and I love having boobs!

My af's after DD1 were much lighter and less painful, it probably has a lot to do with my endo being suppressed by the pregnancy and then breastfeeding. I haven't got af back yet this time and I hope it stays away for a few months yet.

I don't know if my body will ever go back to how it was, not that I mind because I've never been happier since I've been a mum.

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

deedee1

Saturday, April 23rd 2011, 10:53pm

Golly gosh, not many pinging back into shapes immediately!!

It is worth it and I would hang my boobs out of my ears for dd but it would be nice to think that all the hard work and exercise will pay off. Doesn't help that since dh had his heart attack he's in the best physical shape of his life and looks very buff...

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Sunday, April 24th 2011, 8:00am

I am nearlier a stone heavier than I was before I was pg but people keep commemting on how I have got my figure back!!! :snigger: 6 weeks after he was born I was 2 stone heavier and it took me months to shift that stone, but I don't think all the meeting up with friends for tea and cake helped!
In clothes I probably do look similar but my stomach will never be the same. I had a few stretch marks that only appeared in the last 5 days of pregnancy, this have faded but ae still visible. If I eat a large meal I seem to bloat out really easily as the skin is soooo loose! As for my boobs, well, after reaching 34H when BF and now going back to 32F they look OK in bra's but hit the floor when I take it off!!!! Like you have all said this is a small price to pay for having a child and I have got to the point now where I am happy with my body and I see the stretch marks are a reminder of what my body created and will not be hiding them away.

I make sure I always wear a well fitting bra and I have recently discovered high waisted trousers. They avoid the muffin top that is caused by the loose skin I have. I wore them out with friends the other night and I have a feeling they will all be buying some.

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Sunday, April 24th 2011, 8:19am

High waisted trousers are the best invention ever!

I also discovered the miracle suit for the beach or holiday not cheap by any means but my goodness if you are going to have a splurge and need a confidence boost on those hot days I recommend buying one :D

deedee1

Sunday, April 24th 2011, 9:31am

Jasper, I agree about high waisted trousers - brilliant!

And chilli. I have one Of those swim suits, I'm afraid my bikinis are packed away for this summer at least.

I forgot to say, but on the positive side - my hair has never been thicket and my nails are as hard as diamonds! I'm enjoying it while it lasts(-:

GemH

Star

Reg: Nov 27th 2006

Location: Romford - Me 30. MC @ 14 wks Aug 03. 7 courses of Clomid all bfn, waiting for af to start iui when shock natural bfp. M/C 29/06/2010.Separated from ex-DH in 07/10. In a new(ish) relationship with an old friend and ttc no 2 :)

Children: George 21/11/2008 - my surprise natural bfp. Oliver 09/05/2013 - my little happy chappy

Tuesday, April 26th 2011, 8:05am

I got down to less than I weighed before I was pg (put it on again atm but thats another story!!) but my clothes still wouldnt fit. High waisted trousers are a godsend. The only thing that did help was aqua aerobics, I swear by it, although I do have 2 tummies now and Mummy marks, I call my stretch marks that as I have a lot ove my tummy and they did bother me for a while but I never wore a bikini anyway so who cares ;) x

Reg: Apr 11th 2011

Children: 11 year old daughter (IVF)

Tuesday, April 26th 2011, 9:38am

Dont think our bodies ever get back to how they were pre baby, as well as the weight gain my feet grew half a size and my hair went curly!
PCOS + poor mobility = ISCI April 11

Age 40 so odds against me! :8o:

xxxxx

:BFP: 24th April!!

Baby Lily arrived 16th Dec 2011

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Saturday, April 30th 2011, 8:00pm

I am back to work in 2 weeks time and have just ordered some highwaisted trousers for work. only £12.50 from ASDA. No muffin top for me!!! :snigger:

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

chatterbox

Megastar

Reg: Nov 30th 2007

Children: Two heaven sent miracles!

Tuesday, May 3rd 2011, 12:27pm

Deedee its not been long at all sweetie since you had her or stopped breast feeding. So you're bound to have fat stores remaining for that. Another 12 weeks of being sensible diet wise, being active and doing your stomach hollowing and sucking back and your abs will be doing their job perfectly.

:D

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr
peritoneal mesothelioma, cystectomy 97 & 00
peritonectomy, lost both tubes & most of left ovary Aug 07

Dec 07 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk
July 08 BFN
Dec 08 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk

July 09 BFN
Nov 09 BFP 2 x sacs 1 b/o 1 no hrtbt m/c 9.2wk
May10 BFP at 8+4 m/mc @10wk scan ERPC

Found: High NK cells, DQ Alpha match, LAD neg & PAI-1 pos...

NOV 2010 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :girl: born 25/8/11

OCT 2012 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :boy: born 24/6/13

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 1st 2010

Children: 1st ICSI - Perfect baby boy born 2011, 2nd ICSI - BFN

Sunday, July 17th 2011, 3:23pm

Hi guys,

Was just wondering if anyone who's had a c-section could let me know if the 'overhang' goes?

I'm slowly working on my stomach muscles but being careful cos of the infection i have so not going as mad as i probably would. My belly looks like jelly and above the scar is still quite swollen but was wondering if it goes down??

I have about 1 stone 9lb to lose when im up to it x

United Kingdom

Reg: May 13th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little boy called Daniel

Sunday, July 17th 2011, 7:10pm

Hi DeeDee

My body has definitely changed shape since having Dan & he is nearly 14 months old! My weight is around the same as before I got pregnant but my back measurement is bigger on my bra's. I used to be a 34DD and I used to fasten them on the tightest fasten but now I can only fasten a 34 on the loosest fitting or get a 36 and need an E or F cup which I don't like as I am only short so feel all disproportionate! I did wonder if my rib cage was still wider following the pregnancy or if I am carrying more fat around that area.

My boobs feel empty too, a bit too squidgy whereas before they were firm but having spoken to my friends, theirs feel the same. My belly is still a little jelly like but nothing like what it was in the immediate months after the delivery. I luckily didn't get stretch marks.

I also think my hips are wider as some trousers don't fit me around there whereas they did before & yet my weight is less and I feel thinner??

I must point out that I do no exercise & am certain that if I did, I could get a body better than I had before being pregnant but its just a matter of time & motivation but I am getting more inclined to make the changes I need to.

Despite all the changes, I no longer give them much thought & when I do I just remind myself why my body is different and that makes it all ok xx

Reg: Dec 20th 2009

Children: Hayden -7/08/05 and Cerys 31/01/11

Sunday, July 17th 2011, 10:11pm

Hi all

I have to jump on board this thread as i tried in vain to achieve the bikini body i yearn for after DS was born in 2005 it never happened and now after DD was born this year i have decided that the loose skin is here to stay!! Im 5ft ans both babies were 8lb 2oz and 8lb 15oz .Weight wise i am less than when i started at 8st 5 but breast feeding both babies made me lose weight so quickly that i now have a non exsitant bum and twig legs but very loose skin on my tummy that my DS refers to as a 'granny face belly' :snigger: .After DS my boobs went down from 32E to a 32d which i was quite happy about to be honest although they need extra support now!!

I have however in the last month under taken Zumba fitness and it is fab, everywhere feels more toned and ITS FUN!!

I do feel a bit sorry for myself on the beach when you see these women with flat bellies and sometimes i get fed up of the overhang in my jeans when i sit down but then i look at my babies and think 'never mind' my belly is my proof of my biggest accomplishment!! :happy:
NYH X

ME - 31-PCO DH -32-All fine
DS- 07-08-05 (NATURALLY) DD-31/1/11-(CLOMID 1ST CYCLE) Natural :BFP: 6/10/2014

[/url

babydust TO ALL X XX X

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Newyearhopes" (Jul 17th 2011, 10:12pm)

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Friday, March 30th 2012, 9:14pm

wobbly bottom, slack boobies, the whole of the uk motorway systems on my belly. but for all that, i wouldnt be without any of the boys and would love one more shot (a girl would be fantastic, but id settle for a healthy wriggly giggly boy). every time i look at my stretch marks i realise they are my permanent reminders of my ragtag brood. my very own personal physical of all the journeys we have undertook to achieve our dreams of tears, tantrums, laughter and permanent pee stains on the carpet rofl from bubba 'missing' the potty while training :thumbup: : D
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

trisha

Reg: Apr 27th 2015

Tuesday, June 9th 2015, 2:55pm

Still trying to loose those pregnancy pounds and trying to get more in shape and rid of the sacky skin but I'm working on it!!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE