You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "WESTMIDSGIRL" started this thread

Reg: Aug 16th 2012

Children: We have a beautiful little girl and a boy now expecting another little one

Wednesday, September 16th 2015, 3:52pm

Baby Diarrhoea 11 days!

Hi I haven't been on here in a while but I thought I would come on here to see if anyone has any similar stories or any clue as to what this is.

We went to blackpool 13 days ago for the weekend and came home 11days ago. Ever since the day we came home our 13month old daughter has had diarrhoea she was having a really high temp even vomiting one of the days, waking screaming in the night she seemed in pain. I have took her to the hospital they said their usual that they think just a viral infection and to keep up with fluids and calpol then few days later she still had the diarrhoea but other symptoms all went but i took her back to the docs as it had been 10days by then and doc just checked her over and said as long as shes eating and drinking then hes not really worried.

Someone tell me am I being an over paranoid mom or what? Because I just cant see how 11 days worth of diarrhoea (3-6times a day ish) is "normal". What do you all think? I should just not worry or what? I just think 11 days is way too long for a one year old to have it

Thanks in advance x
1 DD born Oct 07 8lb 5 oz***** 3 Miscarriages at 15, 14 and 5 weeks****1 DS born july 13 8lb 9oz***1DD born Aug 14 7lb 11oz!

Children: We have a beautiful little girl and a boy now expecting another little one

Wednesday, September 16th 2015, 4:06pm

I forgot to add there was an issue with a bug in blackpools water but we were told it was cleared by the time we got there
1 DD born Oct 07 8lb 5 oz***** 3 Miscarriages at 15, 14 and 5 weeks****1 DS born july 13 8lb 9oz***1DD born Aug 14 7lb 11oz!

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Wednesday, September 16th 2015, 7:23pm

Hello ! Good to hear from you but sorry it's for this reason. When my DD was 9 months we all got norovirus. It was hideous. She was vomiting for a week and had the runs for 3 weeks. It got less severe as time went on but her poo wasn't back to normal for 3 full weeks. Are you using dioralyte to replace fluids? When Dd had severe vomiting after a fish allergy reaction (30 vomits in an hour - was horrendous!) they told us to syringe it in 5ml every 5 mins.

Anyway I'm going off topic slightly. If she seems ok in herself, then hopefully it will clear up. But if you think she's not quite herself or it doesn't clear up in a few more days I would be back to the doctor I think. Banana is good for their tummy and natural yoghurt ( live yoghurt) etc.

Is she eating and drinking plenty? Does she want to play? The hospital also said as long as she was interested in playing then that's always a good sign. I think DD was having 3 episodes a day for the first two weeks then is started to settle down

Good luck and hope she's better soon x
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Thursday, September 17th 2015, 7:19am

Hi net yes she is interested in playing now and is eating and drinking normal too so not majorly worried about that. Just think its strange that shes had it 12 days now and the docs dont seem interested in finding out why. Its all a bit odd really. Thank you for your reply though net. Hope you and Family are all okay! X

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Thursday, September 17th 2015, 6:58pm

I took DD to A and E with severe runs etc and they said it can take weeks to go. But do get pushy if you need to!
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Friday, September 18th 2015, 3:56pm

Hi Westmids, pleased to see you've had another baby!! Don't hesitate to take your little one back to the Dr if it hasn't cleared soon. xxx

Tuesday, September 22nd 2015, 8:08am

Hi amazing grace! Thank u! She does still have them (17 days on) but they are not as bad now so fingers crossed they are starting to go now! Hope u and family are all well! Xx

Tuesday, November 3rd 2015, 6:20pm

How is your LO doing lovely? Xx