You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "LadyLuck" started this thread

Tuesday, November 11th 2008, 5:21pm

Dog scratch on face. Will it scar???

Hi all

Chloe was scratched on her cheek by my sisters dog.

The scratch from the claw broke the skin and did have a thin scab over it. The scab just seemed to disappear rather than being picked off. I didn't see it come off at all, it was just not there.

Chloe is very pale and although it happened 2 weeks ago, she has a 3 inch red line across her cheek diagonally and I am a bit worried it will be there forever now. I will be so upset if it is. She has a very pale and pure face with no marks or dots, spots nothing and I will be so disappointed if she ends up with a red line across her cheek. I am sure she will too.

Anyway, moan over!!! hehe.

What do you think? Am I worrying unnecessarily. Has it happened to any of your little ones? I hope you can advise, thanks x

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Tuesday, November 11th 2008, 5:36pm

I have no idea if she will have a scar or not - it usually has to be quite a deep scratch in order to leave a permanent mark.
I was scratched by a cat some years ago - quite a nasty, deep sratch (extended from right ring finger and spiraled up the forearm to an inch below the bend) that bled quite a bit too. For about 18 months after you could see the scar from it but now there is no trace left. Kids tend to heal better than adults (I was 22) do so in my opinion the mark she has will probably fade to almost nothing if not nothing...

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Rose

Star

Reg: Oct 12th 2005

Children: now have little boy!

Tuesday, November 11th 2008, 5:51pm

It may heal on it's own in time, but you can try using some bio-oil on, it helps to reduce the effect of scarring.
Ds had some really deep marks from chicken pox which i thought would scar, but now 10 months on they are just visible but fading all the time.
x

Tuesday, November 11th 2008, 8:24pm

Yeah I thought I would try some bio oil. She is just so pale, maybe it is the skin healing underneath the surface still???

Thank you x

Rose

Star

Reg: Oct 12th 2005

Children: now have little boy!

Tuesday, November 11th 2008, 8:46pm

Scars can take many months to heal, and the healing is dependent on the depth of the injury, the age and health of the skin, and genetics/skin type has a part to play too.
She's young, and it was hopefully superficail so fingers crossed a bit of time and bio-oil will do the trick
x

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Tuesday, November 11th 2008, 9:18pm

Have to say, my DD2 is THE most accident prone child and has had many many cuts and scratches on her face. All of them have healed totally without scarring apart from one very deep cat scratch on her face (because she would NOT stop teasing the cat! :rolleyes: ) I know the kind of red scars you mean, they do take time to fade but they will do over time.

Tuesday, November 11th 2008, 10:07pm

Thanks Bells and Rose. I will use bio oil and hope that in time it will fade. I am sure it will, she is sooooo young her skin has many years to go through so I am sure it will sort itself out. I just dont like to see her perfect clear skin damaged.

Thanks x

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Thursday, November 13th 2008, 6:37pm

Oh poor chloe, is she ok? x

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

Reg: Mar 27th 2016

Sunday, March 27th 2016, 1:23pm

I started using DermalMD Scar Treatment serum 2 months ago on a year old, deep cat scratch scar . I wasn't too optimistic, because it is a deep line on my nose, and the pharmacist said it may take half a year to see improvement. After only 2 months of use I can see a change in the depth of the scar and in its color.

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE